Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Petition to Stand Up & Protect Our Troops and County (February 1458)

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Petition to Stand Up & Protect Our Troops and County (February 1458) - Page 4 Empty Re: Petition to Stand Up & Protect Our Troops and County (February 1458)

Post  Tasite Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:00 pm

Platonius wrote:
Blacknick wrote:Well this is one mess of a thread, and is no way I could seriously start to deal with the multitide of issues that have been raised and try to stay on course, so I will make a few short statements from my klnowledge and heart.

- Chester, the war council threadf on this, from when my Lord Douglas (Paddy), the Ear of Aylesbury, was the Earl Marshall, is now to be found in the NEA public offices forum. It is long and very boring, with more explanations and counter accusations than one thread ever deserves. But it is there if you want to see a great deal on what went into that mess from a National level.

- Chester, we of the Brotherhood went to assist in taking the County back several times, and after sitting around quite a while, several of us were removed back here to Cumbria. to stand with our other troops in the Border army, which went on to fight and hold off Julius twice.

- We have taken a heavy loss in the aftermath of Chester, losing 5 long serving people, including one of our five Founders, and Lord Douglas own broher, Chrisius Maximus, Earl of Bedford. Yet we as a group have come tyogether, looked deep within, and have grown in numbers.

- The Brotherhood has had three border armies here in the last seven months, as well as serving in another. We are committed to serving Cumbria and the National Border.

- My Lord Douglas (Paddy) served as Captain of Cumbria twice, before we headed south at the end of the previous term, where several of our key members had sold their farms. Understand that we were mainly a Southern based group, but part of our leaving the border was to travel to our fortresses in the south, retrieve our belongings, and the sales of various farms, and then to relocate a group of our members into Cumbria, which is underway at this time, and will continue for a few weeks as they arrive.

- Last I spoke with Jealeaia, the other week in Carlisle tavern, she was looking forward to handing over her office so she could go and sell her farm. So I unsure how she suddenly needs to be here, but welcome her staying. Cumbria needs worthy leaders and strong swords.

- Trade, we of the Brotherhood are not paupers, nor do we act as a drain on the County in our service. We have brought a great deal of goods with us, which many traders in the County have taken advantage of at most excellent prices. This includes over 500 wheat at 10 gold each, several hundred wood, and other items. The funds from this are inturn being reinvested into the County withh extra farms, new trades and a tavern or two. As well as many of our members studying each day. In amongst all of this we also brought near 100 shafts, 27 swords, and 50 shields, most of which have gone out to people at reduced rates.

- You may wish to blame my Lord Douglas for any issues or actions of the Brotherhood, and he is our Supreme Leader, but you need to know we have an Oath, a Codex, and several internal Council, including the Council of the five Founders, and the Council of the High Table, which is for those Knighted within the Brotherhood. Decisions, such as where to assist within Chester are not taken lightly, and have taken up many an hour and much forum space in dealing with.

- Philip the Grave Digger, WoS, we of the Brotherhood have tracked and fought the Wolves time and again for several years, right around this Kingdom. A lot os being made of one Wolf wanting to defend England, I personally do not like the odea, they have caused too much trouble and surely could find a way to cause more from within. YET, yet we are thin on the ground here, and do not have the rpestige stars that Anto has available to him. Also I have seen many a fine patriot come from within the rank of the Wolves, including but not least the Lady Jennet, who holds a very High Office in the Kingdom. As Lord Gregarious has stated, for England we must be better people.

- Border Armies, I have been tasked to raise a border army, the Brotherhood is footing the setup costs. We had several border armies as I have stated, and as many of you know. In thos we paid nearly all of our own costs, with a portion coming in from Council to cover costs for extra troops. This time we are prepared to cover all of our own operating costs. I have the understanding that I have been asked to lead this army as Lord Douglas has led two previously, and he is giving me the opportunity to learn, which I am happy to take. especially when I have such fine educators and support people with me, many of who have led armies, or been the logistics officer as I have in the past.

I am loyal to Paddy, we are kin, he being my cousin, my friend, the head of my family, and the leader of the Brotherhood.

We of the Brotherhood are loyal to England, and loyal to Cumbria.

We put not just our lives on the lines standing guard on the border, but we have and will continue to invest a great deal into the wonderful County time and again.

Long Live England!

A better or more accurate post has not been seen in this thread.

I am one of the founders of The Blood Oath Brotherhood. One of our clear purposes has always been to work to eliminate the effects that illegal gropus like the WoS have upon England. The actions I have seen that group take are nothing short of dispicable.

Our primary purpose, above all others, is the support of King and Country. While it sadly does not appear to be the case for several in this thread, The Blood Oath Brotherhood will ALWAYS put the defense of the King and his boarders above a dislike for any group. My question to those that would desert England rather than serve with those they despise is this: Why is your priority other than King and Country?

I am sure that question will be twisted in self justifying ways to try and obtain the clear political goals that I obviously see being persued, but that would clearly be a further display of the divisiveness that I see several persuing.

To say that The Blood Oath Brotherhood has culpability or Chester is to display an ignorance of all events surrounding that situation. This, again, is a clear political ploy to try and discredit one of the most loyal and dedicated organizations that England has.

Time and again this Brotherhood has answered the call of England. Time and again it has done so mainly at its own expense. Clearly this has increased the exposure of this group. As is many times the case, success builds resentment among those that wish glory for themselves.

I care not for glory or exposure. I care for England. When all the talented people who have postedin this thread realize that England can no longer survive divided, but that we must unite or be destroyed...then and only then can we begin to build a Country that can take its rightfull place in the RK world.

Paddy is Captian in Cumbria. His mission is the defense of England. Support him in serving King and Country. If you cannot do this, then I see you as no better than those you claim to despise.

I hve purposefully not named anyone in these threads by name. I am sure that there are some that have not clearly thought through the baseless accusations and statements against the defense of the King's boarder.

I do want to ask that those who have posted in this thread now post their support for the King...their support for the defense of The King's boarder...and the willingness to serve under the legally appointed representatives of his majesty.

Let's all stay on focus...We must defend England and her need is great.
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Petition to Stand Up & Protect Our Troops and County (February 1458) - Page 4 Empty Re: Petition to Stand Up & Protect Our Troops and County (February 1458)

Post  Tasite Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:03 pm

Hikenai wrote:
Snowlynx wrote:Yes, Falconfire I do agree with you for the most part. You are right.

It is a dangerous thing to put someone or a group on a pedestal, because no one is perfect. Eventually, they will make a decision that you feel was the wrong decision and it will feel devastating and almost a betrayal.

I do hear what many of you are saying and feel, regarding the Councils decision and Paddy's. I may even agree with some of you, but there is no way for one man, woman, or group to please all the leaders and the Lords and the small people of an entire nation or county all of the time. Elmix, Jealeaia, Paddy, Gregarious and all true leaders know this, if they have been in the position for any amount of time. Decisions must be made to answer the call, protection, and best interest of the majority for the present and future. All leaders make good calls, bad calls, and neutral calls at different times in their careers.

Actually, I read the title as Petition to Stand up & Protect our Troops and County. Protecting our troops which include, the 9th, BoB, KoP, CM and all others here helping Cumberland, from the County council...right down to the farmer defending with his staff.

Many wish Lady Jealeaia and the 9th to stay, in this I agree. We need them and their support. I have come to know her some and have much respect for her leadership and opinions. I agree with her about many things. I may have been hurt and defensive by the way some may have stated their opinions, which I felt a few were uncalled for and were intentionally said with the purpose to discredit the Council, Paddy, or the BoB. They have a right to their opinion, just as everyone does, but opinions are not always entirely accurate.

We must All work together to protect Cumberland and England!

We can not or we should try not to use our personal opinions to try and hurt our allies, our friends, and our family.

We need all the allies we have and then some.

Hear! Hear! A post so beautifully made, I had to see it posted again, dear Snow.

Hikenai is correct when she said this post was beautifully made. That I to had to see it again. In hopes that some will listen for just a minute and find that we all wants whats best for Cumberland and England. We just have our own way of doing things.
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasite Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:26 am

Trisalene wrote:Trisalene stands quietly by and listens as a smile slowly curves her lips and the wisdom pours forth... some with painful frustrations over seeing what they believe in as unsupported... some with a simple cry for unity.

She cannot say better what others have spoken. Instead, she has to add only this to the chorus.

Hear hear!! To one United England!! To our beloved King and Country! Let us secure our safety and the safety of our countrymen unto our dying breath.
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasite Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:26 am

Elmix wrote:Phew...it too some long time but i have read it all finally and i will join here with my opinion.

Now, starting with expierence, i have trained MOST England's army commanders and if i look at Sir Paddy and Lady jeal, then i consider lady Jeal equal to me in this art.
As for paddy, he has so much to learn in it and with holding attack against JO made it to knight rank from apprentice. However still LOT to earn and not even close to Master.

Regarding WoS, i would support the suggestion of my belved wife Mini and if WoS would wish to help, we would be very glad for supply support here for soldiers.

As long i keep my army inside our capital town, it is safe from WoS and with wos kill list activated they will die once trying to approach. If some for some reason try to revolt, be my guest, the revolt works different if army is inside town. The one who revolt has a chance to be killed by the army (defending with groups they get just seen by events), so by my guest Wink

Regarding my army, Lady jeal had some problems and needed my assistance so we assisted till everything was allright with her Smile its really not first time we work good together Smile

Now, regarding the BoB. The brotherhood have done great with the defense of England and the cumbria.

However, at the same time they have done few things which i may not like. Thanks to lady Snow i have understand that the BoB was just used as pawns by Helius who happen to be EM and BoB still remain loyal to England.

Regarding Chester, it was mostly Stafford and worm loxley there who cut out all support and did a great part to do all he could to prevent support.
The thing he is still a Brotherhood member makes most suspiciousnes for BoB at least from me. I cannot believe such organization as brotherhood hold scum and trash and worm as loxley in theyr rows. I believe its most reason why soldiers and ppl do not trust brotherhood.

My army was about to go and sort it out in Chester, kill Helius and after worm loxley , unfortunatenatelly it was not been able to be in 3 places at same time and was needed here. It was great we all together could save the border and allow JO to make a mistake Smile

Now, the last issue here is that i can understand is BoB wishing to create new army when we have 1 in place here. I say its just a way they wish to have glory without caring about the lives of the soldiers.

I doubt any have listened here carefully what ppl have said. The EM Trisalene have stated she have came here with Somerset prestige bonus which increases the army strength GREATELLY.
So, prove me wrong that you do not seek another glory as in last campaign and join up and work with Lady Trisalene who's army happen to be most powerful at this time.

This can save not only more lives of our soldiers here, but also unite them under Earl Marshal of England.
I believe it will save also resources needed for creation of new army.

The fact EM Trisalene have NOT been here in Carlisle already do make MORE suspicion regarding the intentions to keep us all safe.

Thank you for listening everyone.
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasite Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:27 am

Hikenai wrote:As Platonius suggested, I do pledge to defend England, to uphold His Majesty, LongJohnSilver, and to serve under the legally appointed representatives of His Majesty.
I am proud to do so.
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Platonius wrote:Elmix, defender of England, Greetings.

I am most pleased that you have decided to add your voice, at last, to this thread. I share your feeling of it being a lot to digest.

I must say that I am saddened by your choice to join the voices of division instead of the voices of unity while England's plight is great. I trust, upon reflection, that you will choose to support the legally appointed leaders and not try to unseat them during this dire time. Your history of gallant and staunch defense of England and the King's boarder lead me to believe nothing else.

I am sure that you have overlooked the fact that there is no one who wishes the Lady Jeal's army disbanded...unlesss it is the Lady herself. I have even seen an offer of financial support, which should remove the only stated reason that she would disband her most needed group.

Obviously, it is not a question of "which", but rather "Why not both?" when it comes to a BoB army and the valiant 9th serving together. Unfortunately, it did not seem to me that your post reflected this. Perhaps I am wrong in reading that you wish only one of those two armies on the boarder? Surely I have mis-read your post in some way.

I join both you and Mini in believing that all citizens of England can, and in my belief should, serve the King in time of need to England. I leave it to the elected leaders to determine how best all may serve and do not set any condition that may put England at risk. Surely both you and Miniphoenix can make a similar statement.

s for a BoB army being for glory. What a tremendous disappointment that statement was to me personally. I can only hope that it springs from a total lack of understanding of our organization and is not the blatant political comment it appears to be. I am happily available to discuss the BoB with you if it is the former and would hope that you would turn aside from politics at this grave moment if it is the latter.

Ouite clearly let me state this:

THE BLOOD OATH BROTHERHOOD IS HERE TO SERVE THE KING, PROTECT HIS BOARDER, AND DEFEND ALL ENGLAND...PERIOD.

The twisting words must stop. Once again I call for all to proclaim their support for the King, His boarder's, and his legally elected represenatives.

It would be most discouraging to all to see more devisive posts.

For The KING!
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

{Buzzard} wrote:Buzzard lands near White_Wolf, cocking his head to one side to listen to the conversation

Please keep it civil folks, this is an interesting conversation and we would hate to interfere
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasite Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:28 am

Snowlynx wrote:The only reason we all stand here is because men and women from England came together to work, and struggle, and sacrifice for the safety and protection of Cumberland and England.

There is only one possibility for us to achieve this, For us to stand together united until this battle is won. We have done our duty, and we will keep on doing our duty.

History has led us to a new crossroad, with sealanes now open, with new promise and new peril. It has given rise to new dangers -- dangers that cannot be contained within the borders of a country or by the distance of an ocean. Dangerous currents have swept along faster than our efforts to contain them. That is why we cannot afford to be divided. No one county, no matter how large or powerful, can defeat such challenges alone. None of us can deny these threats, or escape responsibility in meeting them.

Yes, there have been differences between many of us. No doubt, there will be differences in the future. But the burdens of our responsibilities continue to bind us together. A change of leadership will not lift this burden. Soldier and citizen alike will be required to do more -- not less. Cooperation among us is not a choice; it is the one way, the only way, to protect our common security.

That is why the greatest danger of all is to allow new walls to divide us from one another. The walls between allies cannot stand. The walls between those with the most experience and those with the least cannot stand. The walls between county council and citizen; militia and army; cannot stand. These now are the walls we must tear down.

History reminds us that walls can be torn down. But the task is never easy. True leadership requires constant work and sustained sacrifice. It requires sharing the burdens. It requires allies who will listen to each other, learn from each other and, most of all, trust each other.

Now the world will watch and remember what we do here -- what we do with this moment.

We here in Cumberland and England are some of the Best of the Best.
The time is close at hand to prove it.
Do you want to go down in history as the spoiled, selfish, bickering fools of England that were stomped
or
the resourceful, strong, united warriors of England that devastated their enemy together.

The choice is ours...Stand up and be counted!
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasite Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:28 am

Marslynn wrote:Ok..You know..I am usually a very quiet person..as I have said before.
I serve England anytime and anywhere I am asked to.

For you all to come here and act like I am just trying to cause disruption in England...is really cheap!

Some of you are right...i was not on both sides of Chester..However..when one side is criminals...I would have to say...I do not feel bad at all for standing my ground and not taking the side some other's did.

I was told also that BOB was used as Pawns by Helius.
And that was from one of your own member's.
So, I ask you..if that was true...why hide it?...a mistake I can deal with.
But to come out and act like what happened was because no one had a choice is not right.

Now..as for the way I feel..I have good reason for that.

Many knew I was in Holywell..with many other soldier's.
We were told by Member's of BOB..to sit tight...they were on the way.
Then I find out from other's that they had joined Helius to let the WOS go free.

Well, that to me was wrong!
I tried to talk to my Knight and captain Lady Cait.

I told her I thought it was wrong...and asked why they were not coming to Holywell to join forces there.
Now mind you...this is after we has sat there for weeks.

I was told...she did not care what I thought..You all just wanted it over with!
When I said again it was wrong and the WOS would be laughing at England because they got away with it.

She stated she was tired of dealing with this mess..and she guessed we were fighting on different sides of this war.

Now...I ask you..Just how was I supposed to feel about that...since you all are so honorable...Tell me..
Because i can't see it your way any longer.

That was when I lost any kind of faith i had in England!

And I must also say...she did apologize after it was over...But in this very thread...you all are acting like i am wrong to feel the way I do.

You know...your big fancy titles...and armies are not what brings Honor to England.

The little people such as me that have worked for England whenever asked to...and I am not just talking about defending either.
I have never asked for anything in return either Lady Cait!

I have lost stats because i gave all I had to someone that needed it...
I do not brag about it..simply because..it is the little things like that that mean the most..and to brag about doing them...only cheapens them!

Now..I have quit many of the things I was in and cared about...Simply because..they were supposed to be Honorable...and now..they are just not.

So, you all can take this and twist it to make yourselves feel better about what you did...

But..at least I can say...I have good reason when I speak out...and I am not concerned with my titles..or anything else...you can keep them!

From what I have seen..they make people turn into things they should not be!
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasite Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:29 am

Winstanley wrote:A few home truths.

When I clicked on the thread "Petition to Stand up & Protect our Troops and County" I didn't realise that I was going to have to wade through reams of stuff about army commanders whining about who they will and won't serve under, or who is better than whom.

The Chester situation was complex, and any solution was better than the wrangling that was going on as the deposed council leaders did nothing to help the situation.

You may be better off without WoS up here, but the crude propaganda attack launched on them in the opening post is so immature as to beggar belief.

Meanwhile, as a citizen of Lancashire up here to serve in defending the country (for the second time in a very short time) I am left wondering why I bother, particularly when I read the suggestion that the WoS should be held in reserve in Lancashire. Thanks very much.

I'm not impressed, and if the commanders can't sort themselves out what should the soldiers do?
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lerendus wrote:We do what we do best, Winstanley. Wait for people to come so we can kill them.
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Winstanley wrote:
Lerendus wrote:We do what we do best, Winstanley. Wait for people to come so we can kill them.

Not a bad idea, though I'd rather have some officers to hide behind.

:wink:
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasite Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:30 am

Gwyreth wrote:And it would be nice if those officers were in a good tight bunch, eh?
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasite Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:30 am

Snowlynx wrote:Please, Mars, listen to me for a moment.
You have a right to feel what you do. No one has a right to tell you that you don't. You have done nothing wrong.

We all wanted the Chester issue to end differently.
I spent many hours writing and talking with both sides trying to end it.

The ousted Duke refused any type of negotiations to return him to his seat without jailing and killing every last LoS/WoS.
That would never have happened. They had the upper hand and knew it and most of us would have been slaughtered and they would still be there.
The Duke asked for help, then would insult and berate us. Any help offered, he refused it unless he could have complete control. There were many factors in the equation that you are not aware of. It was just not as easy as marching in there and kicking them out.

I do not know who told you from the BoB that we were pawns. General Elmix of the KoP made such a statement, which was his preception/opinion from what he heard from my words.

Yes, the BoB were ordered by the Earl Marshall General Helius and the Regent to assist in the removal of the rebels. We were following orders as soldiers do. That is our job. If that makes us pawns, so be it. I am a pawn to my King, my Regent, the Earl Marshall, my Duchess, or my commander that gave me the order to follow.

When you take an Oath to follow your commander, it is not your job any longer to think, if you want to or not or feel like it. Your job is to do as you are told. Yes, I understand you can refuse, but a true soldier will not question a direct order from his superior. It is a hard lesson to learn and to accept, but it is one you must do to be a soldier. There must be a chain of command and it should be followed. Without leaders, commanders, and chain of commands the world would be anarchy.
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasite Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:31 am

Marslynn wrote:HMMM,
I am sorry Mi'Lady...but that is what is wrong with things now.
We CAN think..and WE Have The Right To!

I will not ever blindly follow a leader because they think they are right.

Follow the King you say?
Where was it he posted we should let them go?
Because if I remember right...all credit to counties was cut off because of this.
So, apparently he was not to happy either.

And I will tell you..it was not Sir Elmix that told me that...It was Lady Cait while trying to appologize for the way I was treated.

You will not get far thinking we have no right to think for ourselves.
We should just follow no matter what.

If you do not respect who is under your command...sooner or later..you will have nothing to command.

And what may i ask...will you ever do if a criminal does get EM or Regent?

Follow their orders and kill whoever they tell you too?
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasite Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:31 am

Jealeaia wrote:Ok first off about my position as Captain ...

I'm not now nor ever have been a politician ...I have never once served on any County council...and reluctantly agreed since there were not enough names...and soon I was placed in as Captain but did not ask for it...

I was coming from my last trip in Scotland where not only was I elected as Chief of Clan Wallace and had to step to that responsibility but joined one of Ayr's armies to help return a town that was taken and turned indi by Fury...so by the time I came down and crossed the border here I was flat broke and had no food...

This was made quite clear when I was asked to once again form here at the border...but Cat asked and so I agreed...

Next she needed me to take a place on her list..ok ...breaking my three year run of avoidance but I agreed...

Then I'm Captain...and no guide...no access to the CM offices here but was given access to some that Wolfmist holds elsewhere...(no access to RK CM forum but to an offsite) ... I asked about this several times in council in private and got no answer and no access...

I also was told Wolfmist was my go to person in respect of getting troops and went to him ...got no troops...

And then there is this...

Taken from the CM Charter.

4.2-Chief Commander
4.2.1 - Role
-Elected Commander of the CM
-Ratified by the Captain with a majority agreement of the Cumberland Council
-Commands the Cumberland Mountaineers on a day-to-day basis, starts roll-calls
-Works with the High Command of the army
-Receives suggestions and/or nominates for promotions (including Town Commanders and Officers), and transmits the list of promotions to the Captain for approval
-Works with Town Commanders in order to carry problems up to county council, as well as arrange for trade and services between the towns of their Company to aid the success of those towns.
-Arranges patrols between towns of the County

4.2.2 - Additional Duties
- Keep the Captain informed of new developments within the Cumberland Mountaineers
- Enforce all town duties and ensure their operation
- Report to the War council on troop location
- Plan location of certain regiments/brigades for patrols/training in advance
- Keep a report of any rebellions or significant criminal activity (ex. Bandit activity, murder)
- Ensure towns are properly defended, maintained, and operating
- Promote Soldiers
- Act as the field commander of Cumberland Mountaineers troops in combat

Now with this I'm thinking ok they have him in place to do the Captain duties and don't need that of me and I'm just here to hold the border...

Especially when I can't get a response to any questions or requests...

So I finally get some to travel a great distance to add to my ranks ...

As for Elmix's army disbanding...as far as I knew he was planning to and yes I did have some troubles real soon that made it difficult...(my comp broke down and had to go in the shop to be wiped clean) ...so he stayed and the came Anto landing in Scotland and he stayed to add that extra that will be needed if he came ...

As for me just wanting to up and leave to go to Scotland and fight...

I and Cat was sent the same message asking for help there by the Duke of Galloway...I was soon approved to march my army across the border by the steward ...

I thought this would have been something to build strong relations not only between Cumberland and Dumfries but also between Scotland and England...and also would take the fight away from the border ...

I'm sure that was just the most horrid thing anyone could do...

As such I told Cat I had to go as a private army and not have any ties to a English military rank so she removed me as Captain for it and then I had got the event I showed here as I have gotten now about my army disbanding in five days...so I had to be placed back...

Then it became apparent the lure to Scotland was a trap ...which of course was always a possibility but still something worth pursuing ...

Now what has angered me in this transition wasn't that I was replaced as Captain but the hows and poor planning of it...knowing I would have to disband in five days no army has been put into place...we're in the forth day...

However Ark has so kindly written me and sent me a way to keep my army and for that I thank him...

Now mostly I don't place my plans where many can see them...less leaks that way...I'm a very personal person that way and have never had a group targeted and slaughtered and I have moved many around...

So I keep info strictly to the need to know between those who need to know in a private way...

And anyone saying I have a political agenda can stuff it cause like I said I am not a politician and did not even need to be on the currant council if it wasn't to keep me as Captain for the sole sake of holding the army together...

Cause the other duties were never made clear to me and I never gained access to all I needed to do any...
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasite Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:33 am

Winstanley wrote:
And anyone saying I have a political agenda can stuff it cause like I said I am not a politician

Just because you don't serve on a council does not mean that you are not involved in politics.
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasite Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:33 am

Scottschwinn wrote:I have held me tongue.... and tried to read through all the whining...

As CM Town Commander of Penrith, I will follow the CM as long as they are doing right.... But I will never be a blind soldier.... In fact I do not wish to be a soldier, but will defend me home and country.....

I was called to Chester to fight and remove the forces that betrayed the people of Chester by revolt.... I joined up with the KoP and.......................................... Sat..... In other words..... we did nothing.....

Then reluctantly I went with the Army back to Carlisle where after a few more days, we were successful at destroying the threat of JO......

I know in me heart we could have eliminated the WoS in Chester and still made it back to Carlisle in time for our fight with JO....

I am saddened by the fact we left Chester, with out doing what we were there for... But happy for the fact we drove JO back....

As fer WoS..... Anyone declaring themselves part of Wos is not welcome in Penrith..... And we are better without them, fore they have proven themselves not trustworthy......

I have kept a watch list since the days of Grams.... and I still do.... Penrith currently has 13 people on this list... that I watch every day....
These are people I call sleepers.... they only pop out of retreat about every 3 to 4 days to check out the town, then go right back into retreat....

There.... I have shared my heart..... Those that don't like it... so be it...... We are all entitled to our opinions....
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasite Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:34 am

Rothar wrote:I'd like to say after reading Elmix post, I believe he's might be the most relevant here. I kinda like his post the most.

But I know the topic has had many shifts and turns.

I still say the people of Cumberland should of had a poll, on whether WoS fight along side rest of England or whether they remain in their home towns.

WoS well they are a negative mix, pooling WoS all together in one place is a recipe for disaster.
Roth looks outside his tavern window to see that lightning isn't going to strike twice in same place. lol's

We forget though, if Anto or any enemy army should ever break Cumbria's line. Then obviously all of England rally together and yes some of the WoS likely will too from their own towns.
WoS will fight for their cause alone, I only hope its for England when they ever do fight not the other way around.

Time will tell. Smile
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasite Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:34 am

Arckangels wrote:Well being a black sheep i know how it is and i got plenty of so call cumbria friends.....but at the end well i am still her.

What is most displesant for me is the way dillion in lancaster speak of us far more than what it is in this tread.......

but if this tread is good for many of us to blow some smoke away and frustration.....under the censor whatchfull eyes of course.... :wink: i think that after reading it all of this tread again whit a back step watch we are all her for one reason........

defend Mother England.

That we have 2 ,3 or 4 armies well we will need all of thems for what is to come.we have some of the best general in england to to lead thems.we have an ennemi and he is across the border.Soldiers remembers not to let politics interfer to the primary goal that is anto bunch and the scotish scum that have allied themself whit them that is a battle field that we will all remember in victory or in defeat.
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasite Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:36 am

Padriac.douglas wrote:Marslynn

hi, I have tried in the past days to have a chat with you on msn about your concerns and such, but to no avail.

I am very curious, who was it within the Brotherhood that told you to stay in Holywell and that we would march there to join that army?

as to our changing from forming our own army to help retake Chester, to assisting the Earl Marshall in his peace plan, a great deal of time and effort went into that decision, inculding but not least contacting many of the citizens of Chester and asking them what resolution they wanted

afterall it was their County

not one I lived in, nor you if I remember correctly

very few people replied that they wanted a military solution

most were happy to see the backs of the wos

I was in the previous army that slaughtered the wos at holywell
this left many wos in that county for 45 days etc

which many of the residents feel led to them hatching their plans which led to them capturing the county

I am a warrior, but so to I am also a farmer and a trader, I know that not all is settled at the end of a sword, especially where death only means someone is stuck in place 45 days

that you and many did not like the resolution to that matter is indeed a truth that I fully understand

please know that the Brotherhood had invested 500 gold and had started to form a full army in stafford that would have had the 5 stars of stafford

at that time, after initial formation, we were convinced by the peoiple of Chester to support the peace plan

it is my hope we all look at Chester and all take many valued lessons from within that debarcle

I am available to discuss this and other matters on msn paddythescot@hotmail.com

thanks for your time
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasite Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:36 am

Falconfire wrote:OK let's just all move on,we all see it differently and we definitely have learned.

I appreciate all the good work Paddy has done for the county army and the mountaneers probably needed the work but this is also a national problem.

We have to deal with what we have and who is in front of us. To do this we want our best and most trusted at the helm of the ship. Anto is a very smart adversary and we don't want to make a mistake. No more politics or personal feelings in this we want our best up front. That means checking the egos at the door and doing the right thing for England, not what is best for ourselves. We must put together a united front with our brightest minds running the battle plans . Isn't that what we all want?

Soooooooooo lets get to work Smile
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasite Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:37 am

degas wrote:A reminder for all those who may be soldiers:

Definition of Military Discipline

Military Discipline is a state of order and obedience existing within a command. It involves the ready subordination of the will of the individual for the good of the group. Military discipline is an extension and specialized application of the discipline demands habitual but reasoned obedience that preserves initiative and functions unfalteringly even in the absence of the commander. Discipline is created within a command by instilling a sense of confidence and responsibility in each individual.

Discipline demands correct performance of duty. The need for discipline is best inculcated in individual by appealing to his sense of reason. In the few instances where appeal to reason fail, the use of punishment is effective in causing a recalcitrant individual to conform and perhaps appreciate the need for discipline. Condemnation and earned praise from senior to his subordinate, either individually or collectively, for tasks well done serve to strengthen the disciplinary bonds which bind together the smooth functioning team.
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasite Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:37 am

Trisalene wrote:If I may add, a big thank you to each and every person who has spoken here, as well as those who sit quietly prepared to help defend.

I know efforts often go unappreciated... and soldiers are far too little acknowledged for what they sacrifice. I know you don't look for thanks and serve because it's what you believe in. I am sorry for those who have been disappointed in others' leadership. We are all flawed and hard decisions will cause upset no matter what we do. I hope some conversations here are taking us in the right direction toward understanding so we can work together.

And for those of you talking of leaving still, we have lemon tarts and slushies in Keswick for you. Wink There are rumors of ropes and paint and other such things but pay no mind to those,... surely they would have had absolutely nothing to do with me. Laughing

Seriously, tension is high around here. We all need to relax outside the planning room a little. I've made some new friends here, I'm sure we all can. So go to the tavern and have a drink and stick around, please. We need you here.
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasite Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:46 am

Owain wrote:Probably seems like a stupid question but how would I actually join one of the armys if the time comes, would I need to join one before hand and how would I go about it? Plus since I have only 2 strength(fail) will I actually be of any use or just a drain of resources to an army?

(Completely unrelated but is there a Wales in RK? or a landmass which should be Wales?)
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next