Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Petition to Stand Up & Protect Our Troops and County (February 1458)

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Petition to Stand Up & Protect Our Troops and County (February 1458) - Page 3 Empty Re: Petition to Stand Up & Protect Our Troops and County (February 1458)

Post  Tasite Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:57 pm

Caitilin wrote:I have kept silent long enough. I would for the record like to ask you all to stop using the Brotherhood as your scape goat for Chester. May I remind you that it was an agreement between the former Earl Marshal and the League of Silence that allowed the invading rebels to leave unscathed and NOT the Blood Oath Brotherhood. I will not listen to you all trash the fine work and dedicated people who answer the call for help without a thought to their owe safety. All of us here sacrifice for the defense of this nation and I'm proud to be among those that do it not expecting any reward in return.
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Petition to Stand Up & Protect Our Troops and County (February 1458) - Page 3 Empty Re: Petition to Stand Up & Protect Our Troops and County (February 1458)

P1ook wrote:
Marslynn wrote:ok...and let me ask you this then..say they join the army..and then when Anto does get here..they simply do not hit follow?

Does that not put the rest in the army in danger of being killed?

Edited to add...

Nice way to weaken armies isn't it?

ughh , you hit me right in my face Smile
i have nothing to argue with that reason.

but still i believe everyone have their right to defend their country.
and everyone have a right to get another chance Smile
even a criminal Smile
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Snowlynx wrote:There is a changing of County Councils every quarter and with that comes changes in positions and those in charge. I have seen the changing of many armies on our borders through the years with each changing council. This is nothing new.

Lady Jealeaia, I am really sorry, I have much respect for you, your husband, and the 9th. I think you know this. It saddens me that you and yours have taken half truths and are using them against the Captain, whom happens to be a very honorable, dedicated man and my husband.

Yes, I do understand your frustration in the situation. I have seen many do to you and the 9th, what you and yours are now trying to do to Paddy and the BoB. I have told you, I did not think it was right happening to you and I do not think it is right for you to do it to him and the BoB. Many trust and follow you Lady Jealeaia, if you say something is true, they may believe you, even if it is based on no evidence or your opinion, please, you must know this.

I do understand that you and yours do not like and are frustrated by the decision of the changing of the county council captain control and a change in armies.
I would like to see this proof that you are using to claim that the new council changed the captain position and is requesting disbanding the 9th because you choose not to take known criminals into your ranks?

And more half truths that the fall of Chester was some how Paddy and the Bob's fault or how the return to Chester to the people was some how in the control of the Bob. Pointing fingers at a dozen plus men and women in the BoB for the outcome of Chester is ludicrious. It was the stubborn and poor leadership that got Chester into the position they got into and why it lasted as long as it did. It was the former Earl Marshal Helius and the League of Silence and guess what LD too, whom agreed to allow the invading rebels to leave. The BoB members that were there were under orders of the former Earl Marshal Helius and Regent and were in control of nothing.

Now, I have held my tongue regarding the WoS, Reavers, and any other criminals, but I will no longer. As the Baroness of Gilsland of Cumberland born and raised, I DO NOT WANT WoS welcomed into Cumberland. I have spent most of my days in armies defending Cumberland and England against and fighting such. But, I will not nor do I condone the trashing of someone, just because I disagree with their opinion on it.

Someone choosing to fight my enemy with a WoS will be their choice, as it is mine, but it is wrong to accuse or try to hurt someone's good name by trying to convince others that this makes them a WoS or a WoS supporter, that is just infantile. Does that mean if you know a WoS or are friends with one that you are one, please people of Cumberland, everyone does not think and feel like you do on every matter in life, that does not mean they are the enemy!
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasite Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:58 pm

Miniphoenix wrote:And again..this just proves my point. That Paddy, as one of the leaders of BoB, is seen to represent them. So when Paddy does something like support WoS in the army, it hurts BoB's reputation as well.

You guys might be upset to hear that a lot of people aren't happy with BoB right now. But it is for you to ask Why? And I can tell you why. Paddy's doing bad, bad PR right now. Paddy, being a military man, probably doesn't know much about public relations, which is why I'm advising him to change his stance.

As long as he's one of BoB's leaders, his stance will be seen as BoB's stance. He needs to be careful when he takes such a controversial stance.

It is now clear that most of the people don't agree with him, so even though he may not want to, he needs to back down from his stance. It may be a hard one to gulp, but it'll be good for PR and the best thing he can do for BoB and the county.

Edit:

I'm not trying to force Paddy's hand. I'm just giving him some advice. It's what I would do in his situation. I've taken a position and then was later proved to be wrong. I had to change my stance. If my idea isn't what's right for the county, I should have the integrity to accept a better solution.

Please take note that earlier I recommend having WoS stay and work, so they can donate resources. I believe this is a compromise worth taking into consideration. If they really want to help, they will be happy to help in any capacity.
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasite Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:59 pm

Ithorn wrote:Has Chester been mentioned here, Snowlynx, if I recall you had another proposal drawn up back in the London Commons that involved all three parties...not just LOS and Helius.

Your proposal was way better then the Helius one that would of allowed the true council to return to finish off their term, but it looked like it was over shadowed with Helius proposal instead.

I think LD agreed to it because he wanted Chester to return to normal and did not want to see bloodshed amongst fellow English folk that were not LOS, it could of happened if Helius and LD's army clashed at each other if the forces of Holywell did not disband by not obiding to the agreement.

Bare in mind those that was in LD's army, some came on their own free will when the call was out to help those in another county that was in trouble when the take over happend and was there to defend Holywell against the LOS, but to see those that join Helius army and was ready to strike against us well you can guess the feeling of disbelief.

I do not know many in BOB but I have had the highest respect for the two I recognised, one who was in the same squad has me back in 56 and her brother was a brilliant Captain..both within the SAS and NEA.
The other was an ex EM on who I had a conversation with and seemed quite a pleasant chap to talk to regarding the NEA southern division at the time.

Like you said they was under orders to join the army, I hope orders in the future in the many months to come who ever is regent etc would not allow English folk who was there in Chester county and have honour not to go up against each other again.

This is why I think there is ill feelings around regarding Chester at the time.

Chester was an ugly situation that we can all learn from, I could carry on about this, but it is of the past...whats happened has happened and it can not be changed, we can only move on Cool.

So all lets put the Chester situation behind us, I do apologise to the original topic starter if my post gone off a bit off topic.

Falconfire came up with an idea yesterday regarding about cumberland Captain and Miniphoenix came up with an recommendation regarding the WOS.

That is all I will say on this topic and leave to what ever you decides, one thing I will say though....Cumberland you be mad to loose Jealeaia, with her experience in warfare can come in handy in these times we live in.

This is what makes me proud to be here when I first arrived and over time, to see four great militia leaders here that are Elmix, Jeal, Paddy and Trisalene...work together will you's and kick some Anto butt and their friends that includes WOS if they choose to be traitors Smile.
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasite Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:00 pm

degas wrote:Jealeaia do not take this wrongly, but I believe Paddy is the best choice for Captain. As I said in my speech, he is one of the most honorable men in the kingdoms. None of us are perfect. Do I have a hard time trusting Wolves, yes, Paddy, no, I do not doubt that he will defend this country with his last breath. Let's get past this and focus on what is most important, defense of England.
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasite Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:00 pm

Snowlynx wrote:Yes, Ithorn, Chester incident has been used as a reason some claim they have fading trust in Paddy and or the BoB, which they use as interchangable, as the same beings. Perhaps, it is, perhaps, it's not. Which, yes, means when Paddy the leader of the BoB was following orders from the Regent and the Earl Marshal Helius of England and Paddy ordered his soldiers in his retinue to follow the orders to assist the return of Chester to its people, he is being accused of betraying some in their minds. Yes, I do see how one could feel this, not knowing what was happening on both sides of the fence and the decisions of the leaders of England.

I did have some knowledge from both sides and the leaders of England. I did have negotiations and a proposal that would have returned the rightful council to its place and remove the rebels. I even had a loop hole in the writing of the proposal, so that the rebels would have been able to be, shall we say, pay restitution in a different manner but, LD was stubborn, he refused to listen. He would not settle for nothing less then a public crucification of every last rebel. LD's response was wait, I shall retake, you shall all see, days turned into weeks of mouth lashings and threats.

Then, Helius pushed even harder for his proposal and offered a get out of jail free card, if they returned Chester. The LoS/WoS were bored and wanted out, anyways. Well, as we all know what happened next, my negotiation efforts were blown out of the water. Why would someone choose to compromise, when they can get off scott free. The fading trust from England and its leaders that LD and his council and army would be able to retake Chester did not help matters.

What was my reward for my effort? not that I wanted one...
I was accused of being a WoS and a WoS supporter by those that do not really know me or what I believe in.
And for Paddy's decision to follow the Earl Marshal's order he lost some of his most trusted members and yes, you guessed it, he got the label of WoS supporter slapped on him to.
Such is life with the decisions we make.

When one follows the orders of their leaders, one does not always agree with them. I personally, do not feel the solution that was taken in Chester was the best one, but I followed my orders, as is my job. Paddy also, made the choice to follow the orders of the Earl Marshal of England. The BoB serves England and there must be a chain of command followed. He made a choice. Some feel it was wrong and some feel he was serving the leaders of England and Crown in following his orders in helping bring the situation to an end.

As a Cumbrian, I can try to use what little influence I have to encourage my husband and BoB to not encourage WoS to fight along side BoB, as I see it as a conflict of the best interest of the BoB and Cumberland but, I will not believe nor accuse him of being a WoS or Wos supporter, because I know it is a lie.
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasite Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:03 pm

Falconfire wrote:I would like to say in no way would I accuse Paddy of being a Wos supporter or would do anything in battle to jeopardize the operation. He is a patriot. BUT, an officer is never under obligation to follow orders he deems to be immoral or a determent to his country or troops. At some point we hold people like Paddy on a pedestal and expect him to show leadership in doing the right thing for his country. We all knew Helius was wrong and he had others in bed with him too. It is people like Paddy who commands the largest and best private army in the land to stand up for us, the small people of England with no power on our own, to represent us and protect us from these sort of atrocities. If we had not put so much confidence in the man it would have been different but he was considered one of the respected people that always had represented us well.

I was in Chester to support the people of Chester and punish the WoS for their deed. Paddy could have made a big difference in that situation.

There were several soldiers there under Paddy's command that chose to do what they concidered "the right thing" at a sacrifice to themselves and their careers and we should commend them for making a morale stand.

At this time all I would like to see is all of us together, in one cohesive group, to stand against our foes. We must find a way to keep the 9th on the border with all it's supplies and manpower. Remember we are all here for the same reason.
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Trisalene wrote:Trisalene looks around and sighs heavily at seeing neither the Captain nor the Duchess present.

Quickly, I just want to thank everyone for their support and offer the secondary army here as an option should you wish not to join other option(s). Elmix, Jealeaia, Paddy, Gregarious, Kulles... all of these national military leaders of the past and present are here and have my utmost respect as Generals. There are many leaders all around us who have experience and knowledge. We have everything we need right here if we would find a way to coordinate, compromise, and let past be past.

Each person has their reasoning for the choices they make. We need to listen to each other and discuss the issues we do not agree on to come up with the best solution and hope that Cumberland's leaders join the conversation. We may not agree with others' choices, but we need to at some point give each other the benefit of the doubt and question why if we do not understand... not just point fingers and say you are wrong or you should have done it this way.

Lady Marslynn, you have my utmost respect as a soldier and leader in your own right. We have been friends a long time and I know how much you love this country and would sacrifice to protect us. I would humbly ask that you and your men stay here unless there is some other calling for you elsewhere of more import. Please do not leave on the threat of something that has not even been stated will happen.
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Jealeaia wrote:Ok ...I'm not sure how the topic got more focused on Chester except a vague mention got blown up to bashing...however I do believe it was Paddy as EM through most of that term and Helius towards the end...the legal council was not helped and given a load of strings to get help...and that was wrong...the Regent had no right to order the oust of the legal council and this is one of the things that gave the NEA such a hard time was the thought that a Regent and EM would take of a council and county in such a way...

Now Degas...if you really think so then how is it not he ...you nor any other has caught my little lie about something I stated armies can do ??? A simple little thing but a misconception on the workings I purposely gave to see if any of these so called more experienced can call me out on it...and have not in all this time...it was taken as true ...

Now if they can't catch me on that tell me again how they are gonna match wits with Anto....

This topic was supposed to only inform Cumberland citizens what is being discussed about including WOS ...but morphed into the other things quickly...

I would like to see this proof that you are using to claim that the new council changed the captain position and is requesting disbanding the 9th because you choose not to take known criminals into your ranks?

I have never once said this was the case...

I wasn't even informed of being replaced and had told Cat the last time I had her remove me from Captain that I had the event to disband...

Without any onein place to relieve me ...

Without any thought of the costs ...

Or of having just got the groups together...none of it...

Very wise decision indeed...
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasite Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:04 pm

degas wrote:I respect everyone assembled her, but can we all put away your egos and focus on one thing. We are here to defend England, our homes, friends, families, our comrades in arms. I trust all of you. It is not about money, if it was I wouldn't have spent 7000 pounds when I built my army. I have forestalled many of my goals, but I give them up for one reason, to defend the border, as long as a threat is upon us I stand ready, as all of you should, as well as the rest of England should.
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasite Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:05 pm

Kelster wrote:
I respect everyone assembled her, but can we all put away your egos and focus on one thing. We are here to defend England, our homes, friends, families, our comrades in arms. I trust all of you. It is not about money, if it was I wouldn't have spent 7000 pounds when I built my army. I have forestalled many of my goals, but I give them up for one reason, to defend the border, as long as a threat is upon us I stand ready, as all of you should, as well as the rest of England should.

Well I have to say it, Degas, those were the most intelligent words I have heard so far, it is about defending England here, not petty squabbles, well said sir.
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Jealeaia wrote:Yes but if you can't see the misconception ...if you don't know every little detail of how an army works and fights and the little things that are often over looked that Anto will surly know then the one commanding needs to know the same...

And there are very few people I regard my equal in this fact...not ego...and I won't follow someone who can not say the same...or call me on a purposely spoken misconception of what armies can do...

Not to mention the cost of having another raise when I just got into place...

How can that make sense ???

I want to move here and did not expect Anto to land on my border watch...so I had planned ok just this couple of months and I go get my field...

But Anto did land ...so I thought ok my last attempt to help for real ...but once again someone with less knowledge is given the command and I'm asked to stay and give my knowledge but I can't command ...and honestly I'm quite tired of that...and it really has nothing to do with ego ...
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Snowlynx wrote:Yes, Falconfire I do agree with you for the most part. You are right.

It is a dangerous thing to put someone or a group on a pedestal, because no one is perfect. Eventually, they will make a decision that you feel was the wrong decision and it will feel devastating and almost a betrayal.

I do hear what many of you are saying and feel, regarding the Councils decision and Paddy's. I may even agree with some of you, but there is no way for one man, woman, or group to please all the leaders and the Lords and the small people of an entire nation or county all of the time. Elmix, Jealeaia, Paddy, Gregarious and all true leaders know this, if they have been in the position for any amount of time. Decisions must be made to answer the call, protection, and best interest of the majority for the present and future. All leaders make good calls, bad calls, and neutral calls at different times in their careers.

Actually, I read the title as Petition to Stand up & Protect our Troops and County. Protecting our troops which include, the 9th, BoB, KoP, CM and all others here helping Cumberland, from the County council...right down to the farmer defending with his staff.

Many wish Lady Jealeaia and the 9th to stay, in this I agree. We need them and their support. I have come to know her some and have much respect for her leadership and opinions. I agree with her about many things. I may have been hurt and defensive by the way some may have stated their opinions, which I felt a few were uncalled for and were intentionally said with the purpose to discredit the Council, Paddy, or the BoB. They have a right to their opinion, just as everyone does, but opinions are not always entirely accurate.

We must All work together to protect Cumberland and England!

We can not or we should try not to use our personal opinions to try and hurt our allies, our friends, and our family.

We need all the allies we have and then some.
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Tasite wrote:
Kelster wrote:
I respect everyone assembled her, but can we all put away your egos and focus on one thing. We are here to defend England, our homes, friends, families, our comrades in arms. I trust all of you. It is not about money, if it was I wouldn't have spent 7000 pounds when I built my army. I have forestalled many of my goals, but I give them up for one reason, to defend the border, as long as a threat is upon us I stand ready, as all of you should, as well as the rest of England should.

Well I have to say it, Degas, those were the most intelligent words I have heard so far, it is about defending England here, not petty squabbles, well said sir.

I have to say I wasn't going to say anything because I got tired of talking and trying to find someone with the same understand till Degas and Kelster spoke and what well said words they are. All this squabbles over everything but what really matters. Can we agree to disagree long enough to defend what matter to us.
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasite Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:50 am

Arckangels wrote:ho yes Mme......Mother England and Cumberland.
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasite Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:50 am

Blacknick wrote:Well this is one mess of a thread, and is no way I could seriously start to deal with the multitide of issues that have been raised and try to stay on course, so I will make a few short statements from my klnowledge and heart.

- Chester, the war council threadf on this, from when my Lord Douglas (Paddy), the Ear of Aylesbury, was the Earl Marshall, is now to be found in the NEA public offices forum. It is long and very boring, with more explanations and counter accusations than one thread ever deserves. But it is there if you want to see a great deal on what went into that mess from a National level.

- Chester, we of the Brotherhood went to assist in taking the County back several times, and after sitting around quite a while, several of us were removed back here to Cumbria. to stand with our other troops in the Border army, which went on to fight and hold off Julius twice.

- We have taken a heavy loss in the aftermath of Chester, losing 5 long serving people, including one of our five Founders, and Lord Douglas own broher, Chrisius Maximus, Earl of Bedford. Yet we as a group have come tyogether, looked deep within, and have grown in numbers.

- The Brotherhood has had three border armies here in the last seven months, as well as serving in another. We are committed to serving Cumbria and the National Border.

- My Lord Douglas (Paddy) served as Captain of Cumbria twice, before we headed south at the end of the previous term, where several of our key members had sold their farms. Understand that we were mainly a Southern based group, but part of our leaving the border was to travel to our fortresses in the south, retrieve our belongings, and the sales of various farms, and then to relocate a group of our members into Cumbria, which is underway at this time, and will continue for a few weeks as they arrive.

- Last I spoke with Jealeaia, the other week in Carlisle tavern, she was looking forward to handing over her office so she could go and sell her farm. So I unsure how she suddenly needs to be here, but welcome her staying. Cumbria needs worthy leaders and strong swords.

- Trade, we of the Brotherhood are not paupers, nor do we act as a drain on the County in our service. We have brought a great deal of goods with us, which many traders in the County have taken advantage of at most excellent prices. This includes over 500 wheat at 10 gold each, several hundred wood, and other items. The funds from this are inturn being reinvested into the County withh extra farms, new trades and a tavern or two. As well as many of our members studying each day. In amongst all of this we also brought near 100 shafts, 27 swords, and 50 shields, most of which have gone out to people at reduced rates.

- You may wish to blame my Lord Douglas for any issues or actions of the Brotherhood, and he is our Supreme Leader, but you need to know we have an Oath, a Codex, and several internal Council, including the Council of the five Founders, and the Council of the High Table, which is for those Knighted within the Brotherhood. Decisions, such as where to assist within Chester are not taken lightly, and have taken up many an hour and much forum space in dealing with.

- Philip the Grave Digger, WoS, we of the Brotherhood have tracked and fought the Wolves time and again for several years, right around this Kingdom. A lot os being made of one Wolf wanting to defend England, I personally do not like the odea, they have caused too much trouble and surely could find a way to cause more from within. YET, yet we are thin on the ground here, and do not have the rpestige stars that Anto has available to him. Also I have seen many a fine patriot come from within the rank of the Wolves, including but not least the Lady Jennet, who holds a very High Office in the Kingdom. As Lord Gregarious has stated, for England we must be better people.

- Border Armies, I have been tasked to raise a border army, the Brotherhood is footing the setup costs. We had several border armies as I have stated, and as many of you know. In thos we paid nearly all of our own costs, with a portion coming in from Council to cover costs for extra troops. This time we are prepared to cover all of our own operating costs. I have the understanding that I have been asked to lead this army as Lord Douglas has led two previously, and he is giving me the opportunity to learn, which I am happy to take. especially when I have such fine educators and support people with me, many of who have led armies, or been the logistics officer as I have in the past.

I am loyal to Paddy, we are kin, he being my cousin, my friend, the head of my family, and the leader of the Brotherhood.

We of the Brotherhood are loyal to England, and loyal to Cumbria.

We put not just our lives on the lines standing guard on the border, but we have and will continue to invest a great deal into the wonderful County time and again.

Long Live England!
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasite Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:51 am

P1ook wrote:Long Live England!
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasite Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:51 am

Padriac.douglas wrote:this is indeed an interesting thread, and way off the subject of the opening post, but here is my attempt to join in

the 2 wos coming turned around long ago and headed back home in disgust
whether it is a good thing or bad thing to have them help protect england, they not coming

so on that this thread discussion is really hypothetical

on my being made Captain again, I offered my sword, and it was accepted. I have held this office twice before in recent past, and woyld have run for it in last term, but went back south, after some months running border army, to gather my belongings and move lock stock and barrel to Keswick

Jeal has served in the last Council as Captain, and I am a little saddened by her lack f getting anything done

I am not here to summon up a jury or present a case against her, but I am here to do a job

that job includes:
defending the border
defending Cumbria
train up the Mountaineers
gather the supplies and stats food
to have a solid and working comms system from intel sources to Council to the Mountaineers
to make the thought of attacking the Mountaineers a heart ache for any that try

lots of little questions I know, but in such little details we held off JO when he attacked, and again when he tried to bypass the KoP 4th in the battle game of the border

as to my right to be Captain, well that is in the eye of the beholder. I placed my name on the ticket, and actively supported the Duchess, and as I said, put my name forth to be Captain

so far in office I have been active in Council
held talks with intel assetts in Ireland and Scotland
discussed the requiremen ts of the Mountaineers with the Chief
looked closely at what assetts we have and how they are placed, and how they could be used

I have also brought a fair few troops with me, along with a vast array of supplies to assist the County, especially Carlisle, a city I have had an apartment in for almost a year now
as you know the former mayor left the city unprotected and it was pillaged
we have worked hard in getting that market pumping again

these troops will serve in a Border Army, as well as work in the mines and the uni, further assisting the County

as to the Border armies, yes their will be a reshuffle
Jeal has stated several times how first she wanted to leave to get to Scotland to fight, then after a while to get to her home to sell her farm
she is free to pursue either of such plans now as is her wish, although many of us hope she and the fighting 9th will stay and stand along side of the many fresh faces that have come to relieve the 9th and the 4th

while I here, on the Knights of Pheonix 4th Division, I owe you all lmy personal thanks
you have stood guard and allowed me time to get south and collect a great wealth and move homes etc
you were supposed to have been relieved by the 9th, but as we now know the 9th did not get to the point of being able to do so etc
thank you Knights of Pheonix

also my thanks to the Earl Marshall Tris, for marching her army all the way up from Somerset, and bringing with her many fine and valued troops of the south
Cumbria is glad to have you here and we look forward to supporting you all in your time on the border
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasite Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:52 am

Padriac.douglas wrote:
Jealeaia wrote:Yes but if you can't see the misconception ...if you don't know every little detail of how an army works and fights and the little things that are often over looked that Anto will surly know then the one commanding needs to know the same...

And there are very few people I regard my equal in this fact...not ego...and I won't follow someone who can not say the same...or call me on a purposely spoken misconception of what armies can do...

Not to mention the cost of having another raise when I just got into place...

How can that make sense ???

I want to move here and did not expect Anto to land on my border watch...so I had planned ok just this couple of months and I go get my field...

But Anto did land ...so I thought ok my last attempt to help for real ...but once again someone with less knowledge is given the command and I'm asked to stay and give my knowledge but I can't command ...and honestly I'm quite tired of that...and it really has nothing to do with ego ...

this one I wanted to answer seperately

Jeal, I would like your permission to post your replies to my mail over the past week?

yes we would like you to stay

who has asked you to give them your council or advise on setting up or running an army?

we have run several armies on the border and elsewhere, and while we do not claim to know everything, we are quite conversant in the use and mobilization of armies

adding to that, you are not the only source if their are questions we unable to answer ourselves

adding to that, as your replies to my mail show, you actually not even willing to discuss your term as Captain, what you did with the Mountaineers, nor who is actually serving in your army through this time

as to the cost of your army, yes is indeed a waste that many including the Lady Mini and the Cumbrian people through the Council have put so much into a small army that did not recruit, or put a battle plan in place

as the out going Captain of the previous Council, and then the incoming Captain of the latest council, I was personally shocked to find you had not posted once in the Captains Office in the Councilo Chambers for the entire term

so not only are you not willing to bring me up to speed, there are no records of any actions taken

yet now you ask why you not still captain, how can we not have one such as you here to lead us and guide us in such a time when we face such peril

I may not be the eprfect choice, but I am willing to be part of the team

and as to the costs of replacing you, well your army was put there for when I disbanded my last one, and to relieve the KoP 4th
in that I am obviouysly remiss
in that the Brotherhood is picking up the tab to replace your forces

let not paranoia rule the border

lets get this show on the road
lets get our acts together
and lets stand tall for Cumbria

we are a proud people

and we are a vocal one indeed

but have we the courage to now get past the past and deal with the present so we prepared for the future?
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasite Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:52 am

Padriac.douglas wrote:there is also a lot going on behind the scenes in chambers and off site etc

I would like to copy in most of a post I made elsewhere so it is open to all to read

Padriac.douglas wrote:

Jeal

and if you are staying then excellent

as I have asked in in game mail, can we talk

you and I know your replies

I ask as well then, can we move past such and work for Cumbria

your post here is the first aI have seen or heard of any plans for your army

I am interested and want to know more asap

you are one of the Realms formost generals, this is Englands hour of need

please stay
please be part of the team that knocks anto for six

together, a lot of us can do something that scares the crap out of many more Wink

and yes, you could indeed be the key that holds the day

......... signifies parts I removed
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasite Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:55 am

Hikenai wrote:
Snowlynx wrote:Yes, Falconfire I do agree with you for the most part. You are right.

It is a dangerous thing to put someone or a group on a pedestal, because no one is perfect. Eventually, they will make a decision that you feel was the wrong decision and it will feel devastating and almost a betrayal.

I do hear what many of you are saying and feel, regarding the Councils decision and Paddy's. I may even agree with some of you, but there is no way for one man, woman, or group to please all the leaders and the Lords and the small people of an entire nation or county all of the time. Elmix, Jealeaia, Paddy, Gregarious and all true leaders know this, if they have been in the position for any amount of time. Decisions must be made to answer the call, protection, and best interest of the majority for the present and future. All leaders make good calls, bad calls, and neutral calls at different times in their careers.

Actually, I read the title as Petition to Stand up & Protect our Troops and County. Protecting our troops which include, the 9th, BoB, KoP, CM and all others here helping Cumberland, from the County council...right down to the farmer defending with his staff.

Many wish Lady Jealeaia and the 9th to stay, in this I agree. We need them and their support. I have come to know her some and have much respect for her leadership and opinions. I agree with her about many things. I may have been hurt and defensive by the way some may have stated their opinions, which I felt a few were uncalled for and were intentionally said with the purpose to discredit the Council, Paddy, or the BoB. They have a right to their opinion, just as everyone does, but opinions are not always entirely accurate.

We must All work together to protect Cumberland and England!

We can not or we should try not to use our personal opinions to try and hurt our allies, our friends, and our family.

We need all the allies we have and then some.

Hear! Hear! A post so beautifully made, I had to see it posted again, dear Snow.
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tasite Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:59 am

Aridesus wrote:Aridesus knocks gently on the door of the Duchess’s room. Hearing words inside, he enters quietly. The Duchess has had a steady stream of runners coming and going, bringing her the statements and opinions being expressed in the Cumberland Inn. That she is exhausted from it all is clear. But this is her family, all of them to her and she will not rest till this is over.

Quietly he approaches her side table and sets down the small tray of finger snacks and spring water. He retreats and leans against the back wall.

Aridesus, she calls and turns to look for him.

Here Mi Lady,

He moved around in front of her, sitting on a small stool off to her side. The stool creaks under the weight of his huge height and weight. Although trim of waist, he was pushing nearly 300lbs. Years of fighting and using heavy weapons have had their effect upon is physic (sp)

He watches as she takes a deep breath. She had been up pacing, listening to runners, and reading reports for nearly 36hrs straight. She could have stepped in, but these are important issues that several of her friends and family have been holding their tongues on for some time.

Ari, my friend, It is better to let them get it all out on the table and relieve some of the tension. I pray to Jah that when all have vented and are exhausted they will stop long enough to relax a little. Then and only then will I step in. Hopefully to pull my friends and family together again. What they have to say, and how they feel, is important to each of them. They need to get it out.

Aridesus thought that the situation was out of control and she should take action now. That war was eminent was obvious. She and England needed all of them standing together.

Ari, it is better to let them get it all out, let the inner strife be released. They will need clear minds in the weeks to come. I need them all Ari, it is a big chance I take by staying out of this squabble.

I have asked you here because I value your judgment on issues like this. You grew up in Raglan Castle, listening to you father handle many such situations. Especially, I do not need you involved with this.

She waved him away, as she laid down on the divan.

Now I need a nap, just a few hours then wake me. Take the reports as they come in. Write them down in your own words. Brief me when I arise.

Gently, he covered her sleeping form and stepped out of the room. He set up a small table outside her door and pulled up a chair. He would record all from runners. That none would pass him to bother her, he would insure.

That she loved each and everyone of those at the Cumberland Inn he was also sure. She loved them. Looked beyond their faults, admired their success, and accepted them just for being themselves.

As for himself, he thought, yes he admired each of them in there own way. He did not like to see them like this. But he had seen it coming all this past month. Tension had been growing, They were all tired of the constant threats against England. They needed time to lay back and relax and spend time with their families. The tension had built with nowhere to go, now they had turned on each other. That they had enough respect not to harm one another, he was sure.

Well there was one he was not so sure of………….

[Attention: All godmodding was approved by Princess Cat, prior to posting] by Aridesus
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Aelfgar wrote:I am heartily tired of hearing the nonsense that is being peddled about what happened in Chester.

At the time I was Lord High Chancellor, so I observed closely what happened and participated in operations both at Chester and on the border. I was party to discussions with the then Regent, both Earl Marshals, the leaders of a number of our knightly orders and the Military Council (which included both Lordragon and Ladyjennet).

At the start of the crisis in Chester, I called for a swift and deadly response. At that time I was in the new order of KosG. I moved quickly with two other members of KosG to Hollywell. When we arrived, one stayed, while myself and my other companion were ordered out by the Earl Marshal. to move as swiftly as possible to aid the defence of Carlisle. Our departure frustrated the commander of the Chester Bowmen, but it proved a far better utilisation of full CF troops (so events subsequently proved Earl Marshal Paddy's judgement was spot on).

We reached Carlisle just as Julius attacked and were able to add our strength to the defence. Then Lord Elmix and the KoP 4th Army arrived in Carlisle, having also relocated from operations in Chester. Myself and my companion joined Lord Elmix's army. We advanced with the KoP into Scotland for the Battle of the Three Armies. I did not agree with the duel that had been agreed - but I obeyed my orders and I served with Lord Elmix. Because that is what good soldiers should do.

While the Scottish campaign was underway what was happening about Chester? To be frank nothing but a lot of arguing. No attack could proceed without the risk of heavy casualties and with only the slimmest hope of success. When solutions were proposed they were consistently frustrated by the deposed council and to be frank, as I saw it, action was hamstrung by a few egos. We lost two Generals in that bickering - Lord Helius through disillusionment and annoyance; Lord Dragonflame through frustration, disillusionment and his lack of trust in one of the leaders of the deposed Council.

After Julius was beaten, I was attached to a special force that raced south. Our intention was to form a powerful army to either coerce Chester's surrender or to take it by force. But as we rode, news arrived a significant part of our army had abandoned its post. Its leadership had been falsely persuaded the attack on Chester was somehow a Staffordshire trick. So he had ordered his men to relocate to Holywell. As his troops moved toward Holywell, they were ambushed and massacred. I am told the individual who had invited them had advertised the fact more reinforcements had been secured. The net result was our ability to attack decisively unravelled yet again.

At that point, General Helius announced his peace plan had been agreed. This was a plan originated by citizens of Chester that offered the hope of a peaceful return of Chester, without potentially significant losses to our forces. Losses we could ill afford, as we knew Julius was rearming and the threat of the NNGO and ONE coming to England was growing. I discussed the plan with General Helius who then became our Earl Marshall. So did our Regent and Lord Padraic.douglas. At the end of those discussions we were of one mind.

That was why Lord Helius' plan was supported by the Regent, Lord High Chancellor and at that stage retired Earl Marshal. Moreover So the Peace Accord was enabled and the facts are the plan worked. Peace followed; the crisis was resolved faster than if we had attempted yet another military solution; our troops lives were preserved and they were freed up for other tasks. A new election was enabled and members of the deposed Council had the chance to stand in that election - none did so.

I was not happy about so many brigands walking free, nor was Lord Padraic.douglas - but it had become clear the necessary unity to force a military solution simply did not exist. Why? Because a few selfish egos placed their desires above the good of Chester and the nation.

We should learn from Chester. Because it showed where individuals are governed by ego and pride - rather than any true desire to protect and preserve England - we become divided and ineffective. If we are to beat the NNGO we will need to be united and firm in our resolve. The constant bickering has to stop.
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lerendus wrote:A soldier draped in the red tabard of a Cornwall Guard, devoid of any markings, awards, or rank stood silent in the mob. Against the incessant shouting he held his tongue. Against the endless bickering he held his tongue. Against his will he held his tongue. For it is a soldier’s duty to hold his tongue. For it is not his to ask why, but to do or die. Against the ceaseless noise his anger seethed. He tried to kill it, tried to push the light back into his mind like pushing a knife into a vein. All in vain.

He pushed his way slowly to the front of the noisy mob largely unnoticed; save for those he shoved aside along the way. A lull seemed to come over the mob and Lerendus took advantage of it before it could start back up.

“You wanted a soldier’s opinion,” he began, not particularly loud or firm. Had never been one to speak his mind openly, tended to bottle things up. “I’ve served in more places than I can remember,” he continued, “I’ve seen, firsthand, what the wolves did in Cornwall, and then again in Chester. I know, as well as any of you, what they are capable of. Any of them set foot in my rank, and I’ll kill the bastards myself.”

Having said what he wanted to say he melded back into the crowd, not sure if anyone heard any of it.
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next