Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP] Hamilton - Dinner

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

[RP] Hamilton - Dinner - Page 4 Empty Re: [RP] Hamilton - Dinner

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:53 pm

Darienbalintyne wrote:Darien had listened intently to the discussion on the Regent's position and knew the people behind the names already mentioned, he did not really want to be a king maker but the dancing around the obvious was bugging him so he spoke.

"I believe we could all agree here that Lady Gabrielle would be a good choice, she meets the qualities needed to be a successful Regent and while not liked by all lets be honest, are any of us?

Kjol is a good man but has his weaknesses as we all do, Cat is the same and as for Smom, well she has experience so all are worthy contenders but do I want to see any of them as Regent, to be honest I must say no...not at this time. We need a strong person who has compassion and control without being sole focused on their achievements, this is what England needs.

A person who is representing the people first and foremost and not their own political agendas, (you can cross some names off the list now). Lady Gabrielle, when nominations open your name will be going forward and I hope you elect to run, I will support no other and that is truth
".
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Sara_jane wrote:"I must agree with my husband. No one is ever perfect, but I do believe if given the chance Lady Gabrielle you would make a fine regent. One I would happily serve if Jah willing I am able to keep my current position in court." Sara spoke up, in between bites of food.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Gabrielle_ wrote:Gabby blushed from all the accolades that given to her. It was not her intent to drum up support for herself, but get an idea of who was running. She thought to herself that it would take a mighty big push to get her out of the seat of Duchess of Stafford, not out of some desire for it, but for the completion of the duty she accepted.

She figured a change in topic was in order, swallowing a small morsel of the delectable chicken, she said,
"Thank you all.. truly. ..... but on a different note, has anyone heard anything about the WoS? They have been rather quiet lately, which is more disturbing than their howling." Gabby tried to chuckle, but it just didn't come out, but as more than a weak giggle and smile.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lynna wrote:Lynna stood close to her husband as more family members arrived Pleasure to meet you Louisa she smiled turning to the gentleman she introduced as her husband, Lynna did think he looked familiar Ahh yes I do believe we have met before Lyskard, a long time ago. Another Lady had approached greeting Arthur, Arthur introduced her as Meira, when saying Lynnas name Arthur grinned when putting emphasis on the recently added Tudor, she felt her cheeks warm as she looked lovingly at him then back to Meira Wonderful to meet you Meira she smiled, Just Lynna is fine she grinned.

As they were chatting a few more people had arrived Lynna looked about sensing dinner was close to be announced she hoped she would be able to be introduced to the others later. As thought Nicole had announced dinner was to be served and they could take a seat at the table.Looks like dinner is served she said to the small group as she took her husbands arm, Lynna smiled at Gabby's comment about anyone taking her seat at the head of the table, as they all made their way.

Arthur pulled out a seat for her she took his hand as he held the chair, Thank you Love as she took a seat, he proceeded to sit next to her. She bowed her head as Gabby gave grace, softly saying Amen at it's end. She glanced around the table noticing a few interesting interactions, turning to her husband as they quietly shared a few words.

Soup had been served, as the bowl was placed in front of her, Lynna thinking how lovely it was presented as she took up a spoon to taste it,It is delicious my Love she said as Arthur commented. She was listening to the conversation that had begun, she wasn't surprised that it had turned to politics. As it extended to those around the table Gabby was asking on some thoughts to the next Regent elections. Arthur was asked for his input as well, he took a sip of his water and gave his thoughts.

A young girl had found her way to the Hall and Gabby introduced her as her ward Martha Ann.

Lynna was listening to the other comments about Regent nominations, agreeing in her mind with Gabby on the point about Cruzincat. She wondered if Gabby would again run for Regent, as the support seemed in her favour from what was being spoken about the others that had shown interest.

The servants entered again clearing the table of soup bowls before bringing in the next dish. Another delicious dish she thought as she waited for a few to start before she did herself.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:54 pm

Emrys_ambrose wrote:
Kaylen_ wrote:"I have been keeping watch over the twins and the usual teaching them, they are smart for their age, they will grow to be like their mother I suspect. And you?" even though she was talking to Emrys she was aware of the conversation around the table.

From the corner of his eye, he watched her enjoy the meal and drink some of the wine. She was probably used to large balls and fine dinners. He guessed that she could probably outdrink him in any tavern. That thought made him smile and wondered if they'd be able to go back to the tavern in Penrith. Although they only ordered hot chocolate, she'd asked for them to be laced with rum. And as far as he could remember, he'd never tasted rum before.

"Not much has happened. I did a few reports for the Mountaineers and will probably start another round of training as more recruits are coming in. The rest of my time I spend on reading into my family's history and getting to know the horse that the Baroness gave me." He remembered his first day in the employ of the castle. He was very surpised to know that a dark brown thoroughbred was waiting for him. "Choc is a lot more perceptive than I expected. I hope the twins don't start using their smarts for troublesome pranks anytime soon." There should still be enough snow for fun times...

He was smiling when he noticed the subtle changes in her expression when Serdan spoke. He supposed that her throughts were flying from one to another. His brow raised when she started to stifle a laugh. What could be so funny...
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Serdan wrote:Serdan didnt make a comment about the Wolves, as his information was out of date, due to his long leave from any form of military. His attention now was on Emrys, who seemed to be speaking quietly to Kaylen about something they found rather humorous. Childish. Serdan thought, as his sipped some wine. Setting the Goblet down, he turned directly to the man and spoke.

"Mr. Balintyne, is their something you wish to share with the rest of us, or are you going to distract my cousin for the entire evening?" Serdan said, knowing full well the double meaning of the phrase.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Myxti wrote:Myxti looks up as Serdan stands and when he speaks to Emerys, she just sighed. She didn't really know anyone well. Though she hated drama at dinner events, she was curious as to what this was all about. She had protective family, but she would never compromise her honor for them to freak out....at least she didn't think. She was curious as to why her cousin was not happy and making a scene. She, being new here, thought the worst.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Meira wrote:Meira's fork froze midway to her mouth and she turned and stared at Serdan, darted a glance at Kaylen and then back again. She put her fork down.

"Surely, Serdan, you don't mean that Kaylen would be distracted for the entire evening?" she said quietly. Obviously he was irritated with the other young man, but she didn't feel he should cast aspersions on their cousin's honor in such a manner.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Gabrielle_ wrote:Gabby looked up at Serdan from down the length of the long table and her head tilted to the side as she let a small snort out and wriggled her nose. Biding her tongue though, she was wondering what the family would say, and even more so Emrys and Kaylen.
She wondered what the guests thought, this not being the typical English family dinner. Her eyes wandered to the 2 couples and attempted to guage their reactions.

It occurred to her though that she should say something.
"Kaylen, Emrys... truly, would you like to share any interesting anecdotes about being a governess or squire? I am sure we could all appreciate a humourous tale at the moment."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Darienbalintyne wrote:Darien looked up quickly when Serdan spoke and his gaze shifted to his cousin to see what his response would be, a slight tinge of red came to Darien's face and the pupils in his eyes grew large as he felt his anger rising, what had he missed?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:55 pm

Sara_jane wrote:The tone in Serdan's voice was familiar and it didn't sit well with her. She said nothing though. Sara could feel tension surrounding her. Out of the corner of her eye she looked at her husband. From the look on his face she could tell he wasn't happy either.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Serdan wrote:Serdan looked over at Meira, and spoke.

"Cousin, He's been distracting her since he arrived. I thought I should ask him if he plans on speaking in low tones with her throughout the rest of our dinner." He then heard his sister's question to the couple. Serdan just frowned and sat back down, still glaring.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Kaylen_ wrote:She laughed softly and touched his arm lightly "Oh I think its too late to hope for that." she said in the same low soft tone she had been using while the others discussed politics. Leaving her hand on his arm unconsciously she smiled wistfully. "I have never learned how to ride a horse, but I think they are very majestic creatures."

She was about to say something more when Serdan's voice filtered down the table to them. She looked up, her gray eyes flashing with annoyance, ice and confusion all at once. Although she knew there was a double meaning behind his words because of the way he said them, she could not fathom what else he could mean.

She opened her mouth to say something her eyes focused on Serdan when she heard Meira speak. Turning her eyes to Meira she raised an eyebrow, then glanced around the table. Seeing the anger in Darien's eyes and the look on Sara's face. It was clear that most at the table understood the double meaning.

She could feel the tension fall over the group like a thick blanket in summer, she shifted in her chair over at Gabby as she spoke. She could see that the situation needed to be diffused... and quickly. She felt uncomfortable with everyone's attention on them, and she bit her lip.

Looking at Serdan...more like glaring at him, then turning her eyes to Emrys' cousin her expressive gray eyes warmed as they asked him and Sara not to be upset.

Breathing deeply she finally turned to look at Emrys her eyes asking him the question she had yet to voice. She was trying to decide if she should ask or not...the table had gone silent and her eyes swept the table and she looked at Serdan again, keeping her hand on Emrys arm and asked. "What could he possibly say or do to distract me the entire evening?" she put the same emphasis on her words as he had done. Her eyes held nothing but annoyance and innocence as she had yet to know the ways of the world around her.

Then turning to look at Gabby she smiled softly "Oh Gilly and Rohnan are such a joy to watch after and so mischievous, and very smart. They have started to play harmless pranks on the household staff...they have yet to play one on me...but I watch for it everyday. " she used her free hand to pick up her wine glass and she drank a small bit before speaking again. "I was just about to ask Emrys if he would teach me how to ride Choc, his horse..." she looked at Gabby and smiled sweetly her gray eyes now dancing with laughter "If of course that is okay with you cousin Gabby?"

Taking a long drink of her wine she looked from Gabby to Serdan and waited patiently for them to answer her questions.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Sara_jane wrote:Seeing the look in Kaylen's eyes Sara understood and gave a small nod in understanding. Unable to help herself Sara through another glance at Serdan, none to pleased at how how he was acting.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:56 pm

Emrys_ambrose wrote:He chuckled when she said that the twins had already done some pranks. The castle had plenty of space to set up elaborate ones. The feeling of her hand on his arm magnified his awareness of their surroundings. His head snapped to look at Serdan when he heard his last name. It was the first time Kaylen's cousin addressed him directly after ignoring him during the Regent's Ball. As he took in the words, his eyebrows creased and his breathing shallowed. He felt that the man was being a dolt instead of being protective.

He looked at the lady who spoke up and wondered how she was related to Kaylen, and then turned to the Lady Gabrielle. When the attention was suddenly on them, his discomfort grew and only Kaylen's hand kept his roused emotions at bay. He listened closely for Serdan's answer. He would've asked the same thing just to see what the man would say. He probably would have to learn to get used to his edged remarks. Why is he her favorite cousin, I wonder...

Following Kaylen's gaze, he turned to face the head of the house again. "Lady Hamilton, I didn't mean to monopolize Kaylen. Politics isn't one of my interests at the moment and thought it was best to stay out of a discussion I know little about. If you would permit me to give her riding lessons, I'll try not to distract her too much..."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:57 pm

Louisa_ wrote:Louisa smiled as she listened in the conversation flowing around her…not one to have a great knowledge of the state of politics she was never the less interested in whom was about to throw their hats into the ring. Hearing a few names bandied about …some she had heard spoken of before…she looked towards her cousin Gabby and wondered why she didn’t put herself forward.

Content to just listen as she began to sip her wine as the next course was placed front of her. Her ears picked up on the mention of WoS, seeing that Lyskard and herself lived the in county of Chester a known Wolves stronghold….though they lived in Beeston she had no insight to what they may or may not be up to.

Suddenly Sedan spoke up and all eyes centred on the three involved, Louisa had been more interested in what had been discussed to see what had caused the interruption. Like everyone else she waited to see what would happen next.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Gabrielle_ wrote:Gabby smiled as she studied the remnants of the dish before her, pushing them away to indicate she was done, she looked up mischievously and with a tinkle of laughter in her voice said,
"I don't think it is distraction, perse, that is the concern... more so attraction. I can just imagine what little pranks those children can get into, to think in a while Josina may be doing the same things. Remember the things we used to do to poor Elren, Serdan?"
Gabby giggled and grinned and continued, "Get used to the scrutiny, Kaylen.. unlike Meira and Louisa, most people know you are a Hamilton. To say we are a beloved family would be a lie. We have powerful enemies that would use anything, even the innocence of new love, to find a way to discredit us. Many eyes are on our family, just as much as they have been or are on the Tudors. ..... No disrespect intended, dear Arthur."
She added with a smile to him.

She took a sip of wine and relished the cool deep richness of it.
"Excellent wine choice, Nicole.. most excellent." she said, then continued with the original topic.
"Emrys, you may teach Kaylen to ride, but under two conditions, the time spent doing so will be here at Hamilton Hall or at the Balintyne Estate.... " Gabby looked at Darien and Sara,
"Of course, my dear Lord and Lady of Sherwood Forest, should you accept that."

Turning her gaze down the table, she looked at her brother, knowing full well the reason he was so set against this, feeling a little sorry for Emrys, as he wasn't the direct cause.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur was watching the exchange between the Hamilton family. It was not his place to get involved and Gabby had things very much under control. Hearing Gabby state the Hamilton's had powerful enemies and comparing the Tudor's being under public scrutiny, Arthur nodded. It is true though, Gabrielle. The Tudor's have come under much scrutiny because of actions of many in our family. A Hamilton-Tudor alliance may be a good sign to conquer some of our mutual enemies, he joked, but it had a bit of a serious tone.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Myxti wrote:Myxti looked around and noticed that her de Balboa family didn't come. She knew they were invited and sighed disappotingly. But she also knew that they were a busy group. How she'd loved to have seen them again.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Serdan wrote:Serdan sat silently for a few moments, forcing himself not to loose his temper in front of the guests, and the family members he wasnt close with. Kaylens question was as childish as ever. He decided to ignore it.Serdan was taken aback when Gabrielle gave the Balintyne permission to teach Kaylen to ride, and therefore he decided if he was at the table any longer, he was going to throw something. Hearing Arthurs comment, Serdan nodded.

"Indeed Lord Tudor, an Alliance between our Houses would be wise indeed, although it will of course be up to Lady Gabrielle, as she seems to speak for ALL Hamiltons these days." Serdan glared at his sister while taking a drink from his goblet, then set the cup down and rose from his seat.

"Excellent meal, Nicole. Excuse me Everyone." He said before quickly getting up and leaving the table.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Sara_jane wrote:Hearing the condition that Lady Gabrielle made Sara smiled.

"I speak only for myself when I say I see no problem with that. Of course my husband gets the final say. We have plenty of room for you if you wish to stay with us even a night or two Kaylen."

Sitting back in her chair with her glass of wine in hand , Sara watched as Serdan excused himself from the table. She had to bite her tongue but she did raise her eyebrows curiously. Casting a glance down the table at her ladyship, her expression asking the wordless question. Does your brother have something against us?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:58 pm

Lady_nicole wrote:All the tension around the table gave Nicole a headache. Not really wanting to sit through the rest of dinner with the tension still around the table she decides to follow her cousin.

Cousin Gabby, please excuse me. I have a terrible headache and think I shall take my leave.Turning to the others still sitting at the tableIt was a pleasure meeting all of you, I really do hope to see you all again soon.

Standing up she makes her way out of the room and heads up to her room.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Meritisi wrote:After finishing off the last of his dinner Meritisi does not feel at all well. "Im sorry everyone but I am not feeling to well. It was nice to meet you all"

Meritisi leaves the dining room and retires to his bedroom.

OOC:My internet hasnt been the best sorry for any loose ends i left and this is the first post ive been able to acess the dining hall. Im just gonna end my part in this rp till my internet gets better so i dont seem rude
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Gabrielle_ wrote:Gabby sighs and nods to each as they take their leave. She leans back in the chair and closes her eyes, thinking of Pieter and wishing he was here.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Kaylen_ wrote:Kaylen sat there listening, then as three of the family members left she sighed softly. As Serdan had spoke she had decided that if he could not learn to be civil around her friends and the man she liked she would make herself scarce. It was a mistake to come to this dinner as he had asked.

But as much as she wanted to leave she would not leave Gabby like that. Despite the fact that Serdan had let his temper get the better of him. Looking over at Gabby she frowned. Pursing her lips her eyes narrowed slightly before her face cleared.

She squeezed Emrys arm lightly and looked at Sara. "I would love to come and stay...and get to..." she paused as she was going to say get to know my love's family better...her eyes widened slightly and she wondered where in the world that thought had come from...she hurriedly finished the thought, deciding she would examine it later. "To get to know you better" she said lightly, even though it still sounded slightly forced.

Her mind searched for a suitable topic that everyone could join in on, but she came up blank. She wasn't much good with this kind of thing. Jah she felt nervous. Biting her lip she looked at the food on her plate then quickly looked up and addressed no one in particular, but hoped someone would respond. "So how has the hunting been this season? Has it been well?"
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next