Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP] Hamilton - Dinner

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

[RP] Hamilton - Dinner - Page 3 Empty Re: [RP] Hamilton - Dinner

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:46 pm

Darienbalintyne wrote:Darien bowed his head as Lady Gabrielle said the blessing and when she finished he crossed himself and saying amen he looked up at those around him. Seeing his cousin Emrys arrive had surprised him some as he had not known he was coming, they could have come together if he had but the important thing was he had got here safely.

Darien made a mental note about the invitation for Easter from Lady Gabrielle, he loved the holiday season and he was game and would accompany Sara providing the babies could come. Smiling at Sara he glanced across at his cousin sitting next to a very attractive girl and his eyes sparkled, he quickly winked at his wife and smiled because he had seen this before and not that long ago.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lynna wrote:
Gabrielle_ wrote:Gabby came down the stairs, her gown rustling. She chided herself for running a little late and entered the formal dining room. Her face lit up with a smile at seeing how beautifully cousin Nicole arranged everything.
"Welcome to Hamilton Hall. We have some more guests that are arriving soon, I hope."
Walking by Nicole and Myxti on her way to Arthur and Lynna she smiled at her cousins warmly, then gave a small curtsy to the newlywed couple.
"I am happy you could make it. I hope the roads weren't a problem this deep into the winter."

Lynna greeted Gabby as she entered the Hall, Hello Gabby she said Your Grace she smiled and gave a little curtsie, Congratulations again on your appointment, I hope it is all going well for you. She had congratulated Gabrielle in her return mail, a personal congratulations she felt was more in order. We are glad we weren't too far along in our travels that we could accept your kind invitation she said. I must thank you for your beautiful gift Gabrielle, I had no idea Pieterjan was such a talented artist we will find a place to proudly have it hung as soon as we return home.

She smiled as Myxti blushed on her comment about the wedding, knowing that Myxti and Ken seemed to be getting along well she had hoped they had a chance to catch up with each other again since then.

She blushed herself at Arthurs comments about married life she loved him so much she gazed up to him lovingly as he kissed her she felt her cheeks warm again with others present.

She turned back to Nicole as Arthur said to just call them Arthur and Lynna, Lynna laughed a little , Yes please do she gently pressed her hip into Arthur giggling as she said The first introduction was just a formality so Nicole would know who we were Love. He did like to tease her when she came across all formal.

As a gentleman approached Myxti, they conversed for a short time before Myxti took her leave with the gentleman following shortly after, Lynna didn't know what had happened and a concerned look crossed her face. Arthur's hand lightly running up and down her back as he commented that the gentleman would try to comfort her...

Myxti returned and seemed to be a little more at ease coming up to Arthur and apologising for taking off, with the gentleman also returning and introducing himself to Arthur as Meritsi. Arthur in turn introduced her to him, It's a pleasure to meet you Meritsi she smiled warmly. About the same time I think Love as she answered his question on how long she had known of the Hamilton and de Balboas families. Lynna still wasn't sure of the connection but he could be a Hamilton she thought. She stood by her husband as they continued to converse his arm around her keeping her close. She really was quite shy and he knew this, his way was to keep conversation going around her to make her feel more comfortable.

A few more people had started to enter the Hall, most of them Lynna had never met before, Arthur seemed to know them or at least recognise the names as people were being introduced.

Another piece of the puzzle answered for Lynna as Gabby referred to Meritisi as cousin she shought. Just then another young gentleman entered coming straight up to Gabby, they chatted a little before Gabby introduced him to them as Serdan Hamilton her brother, this was a name that Lynna did recognise as her brother had often spoken of his good friend Serdan.

He looked a little puzzled as Gabby had mentioned Rohannons name and a little shocked. Lynna gave a curtsie as Serdan bowed in front of her, as he realised she was Rohannon's sister and is why Gabby had mentioned his name.

She felt the emotion in his voice as he spoke of her brother, her own memories of her brother always vivid in her mind. Thank you Serdan she extended her hand to his, It is indeed a pleasure to finally meet you Serdan. Roh spoke highly of you also, unfortuantely the only time I was able to get to spend much time with my brother and his family was at the family estate, as they led such a busy lifestyle, involved in so much. His offer touched her heart deeply and she said, Your generous offer is deeply appreciated and I will. She smiled graciously at him as she could see the genuine look in his eyes.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Serdan wrote:Serdan smiled at Lady Lynna and nodded, before hearing that dinner was ready. He made his way to the foot of the long table as always, when his eyes fell on Kaylen. Glad she made it. He thought, grinning. A moment later, as Serdan took his seat, he noticed the man sitting next to Kaylen, and the smile turned to a frown. He did now the mans name though, thanks to a little background work. Emrys Balintyne. During the blessing, Serdan looked across the table at the man, watching him.

"Amen."

He then cleared his throat, and raised an eyebrow at Gabrielle. Of course she starts Dinner as soon as HE enters...always trying to avoid a duel. Serdan thought, before speaking.

"Gabby, I'm so glad that you and cousin Nicole organized this dinner. This is Wonderful." Serdan said, giving Gabby an all-too-friendly smile, while he kept his hands in fists, under the table.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:47 pm

Gabrielle_ wrote:Giving a nod and wicked grin back to her beloved, but so fun to irk, brother, Gabby picked up her spoon. It was the good silver and quite heavy, the Hamilton crest worked into the handle and even coloured with the new cloissonne method from Limoges, France.
"This soup is delicious. The goose adds a nice underflavour, along with the saffron."

Looking over to Darien, she asked...
"So, Lord Darien.... Tell me, who would you like to see run for Regent? I fear you can not say me," she giggles, "But I have my duty to fulfill as Duchess in Stafford. It would take a lot of pressure to make a change in my mind as it is made. So whom, good sir?"
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Sara_jane wrote:As the prayer was said just before they were to eat Sara added to it in her mind as she always did when she was away from the children. As she began to eat she caught the smile her husband sent her direction and she returned it.

Truth be told she loved his smile. It had quite the power of her but also said much more. Following his gaze across the table it took Sara a few seconds to realize that it was Kaylen. Looking back at Darien she caught the wink and then looked back at Emrys and Kaylen. A smirk came to her lips and she did her best to hold back a giggle.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Martha_ann wrote:Martha Ann enters the room and sees many people. She looks aroung and sees her Aunt Gabby. She heads over to her, hoping not to interupt any conversations she may be having. About half way, she sees Cousin Meritisi and heads over to him.

"Hello dear cousin! Have you met any of the family? You are happy here I presume?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Darienbalintyne wrote:Darien tasted his soup and it was delicious, the cooks had outdone themselves and while he was doing this he listened to what Lady Gabrielle had said before answering "my lady, I fear that the nominations are going to come once for for people who do not appear regular in our parliamentary halls and this vexes me some, either they are a servant of England or they are not and I personally will not support a candidate who will not support the parliament".

Darien spooned another mouthful of the soup before adding "now I know of one person in the halls who I respect above all others but will she run, does she want to run and will she have the support needed? These answers she will need to find inside herself but if she does elect to run then she will know I will support her 100% of the way".

Darien needed to be careful he realised as he was passionate about politics and knew he could get carried away so with this in mind he stopped to see what would happen now.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Kaylen_ wrote:She laughed softly and placed her hand on his under the table "I'm glad your here as well." she grinned she couldn't believe he was here.

A slow blush crept up her cheeks as his eyes looked her over, and she was a light shade of red when his eyes reached her face again. "Thank you." she said softly almost in a whisper As she remembered the morning he had seen her in her shift she blushed a deeper red and had to breath and force herself not to blush more.

As the servants placed the food on the table she tucked a few strands of hair behind her ear and chanced a look at Serdan. She wanted to laugh at his expression as his smile turned to a frown. So Gabby had not told him either. She giggled covering her mouth to silence the sound.

Turning back to Emrys, she nodded and slowly picked up a spoon and tasted the soup, it was delicious. She didn't tell Emrys that she didn't know much about fine dining either, and that she was looking to Gabby and imitating her to be sure she did the right thing.

she couldn't help but rest her free hand under the table on his leg, trying to help ease his nervousness. Her nervousness was not as much as it had been earlier because he was here. She listened quietly as Gabby and Emrys cousin talked about politics...something she did not know much about.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lady_nicole wrote:
Turning her attention back to her sister, Louisa replied eyes sparkling “Wonderful!” she exclaimed “I have never enjoyed myself so much nor laughed as much as we did, I’ve come to the conclusion that I could become quite accustomed to a honeymoon each year” as she grinned impishly as Lys.

Taking in her sister appearance remarked....“You are looking exceeding lovely Nicole…seems being with child suits you very well, I hope everything is well with you and my future niece or nephew?”

I am clad to hear that the honeymoon is going so nicely. I am hoping to go on a second honeymoon later in the year. The first was so rudely interupted, but that is neither here nor there. Things are going wonderfully well. I cant wait until April so we can find out whether it is a boy of girl.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:48 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:He greeted Meritisi, then listened to Myxti explain about her past, and nodded in understanding. Yes, I completely understand about family. It is very hard to be away from them.. He sighed thinking of his sister. Hopefully, they will visit you often. It may be difficult for you to go back to Spain because of your past, but keeping in contact with family is always important.

Arthur listened as Serdan spoke to Lynna about her brother. He held her closer to his side, and kissed her temple softly. He knew how much she had been affected by his death, and how terribly she missed him. It is good to remember him, he thought.

Gabby excused herself to greet a few others who had arrived at the hall. He didn't recognize everyone, but surely he did remember Lyksard from long ago in Coventry. He'd never heard from him since then, and hoped all was well. Louisa came upon the couple and introduced herself and Lyksard.
Actually, we have already met! Arthur grinned and shook his hand. It's nice to see you again, Lyksard. How have things been? Congratulations on your nuptials. Last time I saw you, you were a bachelor I believe. It's nice to meet you, Louisa. They chatted a bit before Meira came up to them.

Meira. Nice to see you again! It's been a while since we last spoke. Yes, he turned to look at his wife. This is my beautiful bride, Lynna... Hohenzollern von Liechtenstein TUDOR. He had a big grin on his face as he emphasized the TUDOR name.

He heard Lady Nicole speak:

Lady_nicole wrote:Dinner is ready to be served. If we could all take a seat around the table.

Arthur saw the others make their way to seats as if they were already accustomed to this sort of thing. Seeing two chairs nearby towards the end of the table, Arthur pointed them out to Lynna and they walked over. He pulled out her chair for her, offering his hand for balance as she took a seat. He watched as she settled in the seat before taking a seat to her right. Both he and Lynna were whispering quietly amongst themselves after the blessing had been concluded; they'd decided to thank both Gabrielle and Nicole for inviting them and organizing the dinner. His ears perked up a bit when he heard Gabby speaking to a man she identified as Lord Darien.

Gabrielle wrote:So, Lord Darien.... Tell me, who would you like to see run for Regent?

Gabrielle and him had spoken about this topic of conversation in the past when he had approached her of his intentions of running. He was curious to join the conversation, but didn't want Lynna to be isolated; so instead, he just listened intently.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Gabrielle_ wrote:Gabby nodded, appreciative of Darien's honest answer. She agreed with him, the Regent should respect the counties and the Parliament.... but also have the strength to be a leader for them.
Looking to Arthur, she asked,
"And your thoughts, Arthur?"
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Sara_jane wrote:As she ate her soup Sara listened to Gabby pose the question to her husband. He gave a response she had expected, an honest one. Though she was curious to know who this 'she' was that he was referring to. This made the wheels in her mind turn.

Returning her attention back to her soup she waited to hear what the other gentleman had to say in regards to the same question.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:49 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur looked up from his soup. This soup is delicious.. the goose is so tender, he told Lynna before hearing Gabby's inquiry about the Regency. He reached in front of him, taking the glass of water and took a small sip to clear his taste buds. My thoughts.. he cleared his throat. There are many people who may announce their candidacy for the Regency; but not all of them are what England needs. I have seen many Regents' in my time starting with my Aunt Brianna, then Degas, then Algernon, then Chris_Braveheart, and now Kerri. They have all had differing effects on our country.. Depending on what road the members of the House of Parliament wish to follow this upcoming Regency election will depend on who will be the best candidate for Regent. Kerri was elected based on her diplomatic and peaceful resolutions to great, difficult problems - mainly the fighting at the Northern Border. In order for the institution of the Regency to become significant to the people of England, promises that are made during election times need to be completed; otherwise, all you have is another charismatic politician who sounds great, but without any substance to their words. Actions need to follow, empty promises are a shell we should guard against, especially in such an important position. With that, Arthur took another drink from his glass, then replaced it on the table in front of his place setting.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Gabrielle_ wrote:Gabby thoughtfully nodded,
"Interesting and truthful points indeed, Arthur."
Having finished with her soup, she leant back to let the servant take it away. She noticed Martha had joined them and was over by Meritisi.
"Ah.. guests.. please, let me introduce Martha Ann. This lovely young girl is my ward." Gabby smiled proudly at Martha.

Clearing her throat, quietly, Gabby spoke,
"I think the Regent should be one who has strength, and compassion. Is quick to act... but has patience to find out the whole issue, and understand it. A Regent should be charismatic, able to influence with wisely spoken words, and firm in decisions.
Hmm.. yes, those are vital qualities.
"

Taking her wine glass, she takes a sip, then addresses Serdan,
"What are your thoughts, dear brother? You have known just about every Regent since Prince Dugustus."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Serdan wrote:Serdan had been passing glares at both Kaylen and Gabby through the entire dinner. Therefore, when Gabby addressed him directly, he was somewhat taken aback for a few seconds. He pretended to take a rather long time to try the soup before he spoke.

"Aye, that I have Gabby...Dugustus had many faults..particularly his love for the now Banished duchess Malachia, however he was very active in his courts, and worked hard to befriend the Nobles. Lorduce, as you know, disagreed with me about the giving off Scottish titles to his english citizens...he also rewrote all the standards of the Regency, which I will blame on the problems england has now. Never trust a Lancaster, that is wise advice for all." He paused, and took a drink of wine before speaking again.

"To me, Algernon and Chris_Braveheart had much in common...not offending me. They both did what they thought was best for England...regardless of what others think, however Prince Algernon was rather...long winded." Serdan chuckled.

"As for Princess Brianna, I was rather fond of her. She was not only my best friends wife, but she also gave me a Barony, even though I had to give it up when I moved to Scotland the year before last." He looked at Gabby directly before speaking again.

"I've known Kerri for a long time, and honestly, I was shocked that she of all people would be elected Regent, however, I am, as you all know, a Scot by birth, and therefore can never predict the thoughts of English citizens. I have seen Regents fail...Degas would be a fine example of that. I have seen them succeed, even in lies, as Lorduce did...the rest, seemed to keep a happy median, which i think is important for a Regent...being neutral."

He stopped for a few moments, and had some soup. Finally, he finished his lecture.

"To be Honest, I think Lady Cruzincat will be our next regent...which will be horrid for the House of Hamilton, no doubt."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Myxti wrote:Myxti opted for small beer (medieval low alcohol content) and sipped it as she listened to everyone speak about the regents and politics.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Gabrielle_ wrote:Quietly listening to her brother speak of the history of the various regents in relation to his perspective, Gabby nearly spat out a swallow of wine when he mentioned the possibility of Cat getting the next nod for Regent.
"Ohhhhhh.... that won't do."
With concern, not worry... she looked at Arthur and Lynna, then at Arthur.
"It wouldn't bode well for the Tudors either."

Closing her eyes and taking a deep a breath, she indicated to serve the next course. Servants came forward and cleared the soup bowls and served the roast chicken sitting in a bed of greens, a steaming hot verjuice poured over that filled the nose with the wonderful bouquet of rose and cinnamon.
"Ah... another fine dish. Jah certainly blesses us with bounty. Enjoy all."
Gabby begins eating... hoping for someone to come up another topic that more might feel inclined and free to comment on.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:50 pm

Emrys_ambrose wrote:Needless to say, Emrys had no idea what the others were talking about. He wasn't particularly interested in politics and kept his attention on Kaylen's hand on his leg without looking. He loved it when she smiled and found her even more beautiful when she blushed.

He put his hand over hers and used the other to pick up a spoon and try the soup. It was as good as his cousin said. Certainly miles better than the bread, meat, milk and vegetables he was used to in Keswick. He followed Kaylen's eyes and saw the frown on Serdan's face. It wouldn't have surprised him if it was because of his presence but he hoped the man didn't think he would do anything foolish in their home. Maybe Darien or Sara can help me... He ate the rest of the soup while deep in thought. His cousin or his wife would surely know what he should do. He glanced in their direction and smiled. He was glad that they were here.

He liked Kaylen and respected her. She was stronger and tougher than she looked. At that thought, he turned back to her and smiled. "What have you been up to since I saw you last?"
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Sara_jane wrote:Sara sat quietly eating her meal and listening to the conversation around her. Her eyes fell upon Emrys's and she smiled softly at him. It was nice to see him enjoying himself. Come to think of it this was the first dinner she had attended away from the estate. Turning back to her food she took another bite.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Darienbalintyne wrote:Darien tried his chicken and he closed his eyes as he chewed it such was his intense delight in the mouthwatering dish, the cook really was a wizard to prepare this dish and he wondered if the cook wanted to come to the Balintyne Estate near Gloucester. Taking another mouthful he looked around the room at the people gathered, resting his eyes on Emrys he smiled at him to reassure him that all was well and to help him relax.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Serdan wrote:Serdan remained silent for a bit as he started on the chicken, one of his favorite meals. He was in a rather sour mood at this point, but for the shake of his family, he wasnt going to show it around all the visitors and friends.

"You know...I'd like to see Kjolmar run for Regent. He's a very good Ambassador, comes from a good family, and is very active around England." Serdan looked across the table at his sister and grinned.

"Although Gabby, I'd love to see you as Regent more than anyone."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:51 pm

Meira wrote:"It's lovely to meet you, Madame Tudor," she said, smiling. Dinner was announced, and she made her way to the table, sitting quietly and listening to the conversation, and concentrating on her soup.

A young girl came in, and Meira chuckled to herself, recalling when she was a child and the Couteaus had large dinner parties. She'd always been forbidden to come, though she'd be inordinately curious and had usually peeked in with Justine before the governess had dragged them back to the nursery.

The news that Nicole was expecting took her by surprise. 'Et avril aussi? Les cousins sera le même âge!' she thought. She hadn't yet announced her condition except to her husband.

The chicken was served, and she listened to the political discourse. Her retirement from politics could not have come at a better time; it had left her exhausted. She had just taken a bite of chicken when Serdan mentioned Lady Cat becoming Regent. Startled, she bit her tongue, winced at the pain in her mouth, and took a drink.

"Although Gabby, I'd love to see you as Regent more than anyone," Serdan said.

"Here, here!" Meira raised her glass.

(And April too? The cousins will be the same age!)
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:51 pm

Lady_nicole wrote:Serdan said:

"You know...I'd like to see Kjolmar run for Regent. He's a very good Ambassador, comes from a good family, and is very active around England." Serdan looked across the table at his sister and grinned.

Nicole had only been half listening to the political talks going on around her until she heard Kjolmar's name mentioned. Hearing the mention that he is very active in England she has to hold back her laugh. Yes her a Kjolmar get along fairly well but active she has a hard time embracing. Deciding her thoughts are better off left to herself she looks around the table to see how the others are enjoying the meal.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:52 pm

Kaylen_ wrote:
Emrys_ambrose wrote:
He liked Kaylen and respected her. She was stronger and tougher than she looked. At that thought, he turned back to her and smiled. "What have you been up to since I saw you last?"

Sitting back some she let the servants take the bowl of soup and place a chicken dish in front of her. She smiled slightly as she felt Emrys' hand on top of hers. At her first bite of the chicken she let it rest on her tongue enjoying the melody of flavors before chewing and swallowing. Picking up her wine glass she sipped it, before turning to answer Emrys question.

"I have been keeping watch over the twins and the usual teaching them, they are smart for their age, they will grow to be like their mother I suspect. And you?" even though she was talking to Emrys she was aware of the conversation around the table.

Hearing Serdan's words about Kjolmar she shot him a glance to see how serious he was. She shook her head slightly. Kjolmar would not be a good regent, not with Marzena in his ear...or ever. She knew him better than most, but of course she would not say anything because Serdan was friends with him. But their last encounter had left much to be desired.

She had something to interject but she was unsure if she should say it or not. She knew how most of her family viewed the Morgan's and it was a sore spot for her. Then she thought of all the questions that they might have for her and she decided to keep her comment to herself. After all she had only heard it whispered that Smom was going to be asked to consider becoming a regent nominee. And Lerendus' reaction had not been favorable to that. She laughed silently that man wanted his fiance to relax some...it was really quiet funny.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:52 pm

Sara_jane wrote:Hearing the name of her one of her uncles mentioned at the table Sara glanced over at Serdan. With a comment like that it left her to wonder how close the two were from how she perceived it. Sara then glanced over at Kaylen who appeared to be none to pleased at the comment.

With all the talk in question upon the Regency and the up coming elections for it Sara had the thought of how safe her job would be as Royal Steward. Granted it seemed that everyone had some reason not to like or like a Regent. However, if she let her opinions get in the way she stood no chance of keeping the position. In her minds eye she served the crown first, politics second.

Glancing back over at Serdan she wondered if he still blamed her for the recent incident at the Palace.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next