Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP] Hamilton - Dinner cont'd in Library

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[RP] Hamilton - Dinner cont'd in Library Empty [RP] Hamilton - Dinner cont'd in Library

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:37 pm

Gabrielle_ wrote:Entering the library with the guests, Gabby gestures to the grand room. One wall nothing but bookcases from floor to ceiling and full of books and scrolls.
"A wonderful collection... there is many wonderful scriveners and monastaries in Scotland. We have some beautiful illustrated manuscripts and texts."
Gabby sits in her usual seat,
"Please sit, relax."
The wellappointed woodpaneled room was warm and inviting. The scent of wood and books, even some slight odor of the fragrant woods added to the fire of peat blocks, gave the room a homey relaxing feeling.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

[RP] Hamilton - Dinner cont'd in Library Empty Re: [RP] Hamilton - Dinner cont'd in Library

Darienbalintyne wrote:Darien entered the library with Sara and when he saw the books he could not resist as an educated man going over and viewing the collection, his fingers ran gently over the spine of books many of which he recognised and he silently read the titles of an impressive collection.

Only then did he turn about and view the rest of the room and then politely he went and sat next to his Sara with a glass of scotch in his hand.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

[RP] Hamilton - Dinner cont'd in Library Empty Re: [RP] Hamilton - Dinner cont'd in Library

Sara_jane wrote:Walking in at her husband's side her jaw nearly hit the floor at the sight of all the books. Seeing that Darien had been instinctively drawn to the wall of books Sara opted to take a seat. Looking over at Darien when he came to join her she softly smiled, her eyes sparkling. Sara was truly enjoying herself.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:38 pm

Myxti wrote:Myxti entered the library, but her thoughts were on the contents of the package sent to her home. It must've been really important for word to have been spread all the way here. She took a sip of brandy and then spoke.

"I must appologize but I have been just sent word that I need to get back to Ludlow as soon as possible. I will be leaving at sunrise. But before I depart for my room, I'd like to sing you all a song. It's an Irish song.

Before anyone could agree or disagree, she began to sing.

Singing:

Kind friends and companions, come join me in rhyme
Come lift up your voices in chorus with mine
Let us drink and be merry, all grief to refrain
For we may and might never all meet here again

Here's a health to the company and one to my lass
Let us drink and be merry all out of one glass
Let us drink and be merry, all grief to refrain
For we may and might never all meet here again

Here's a health to the dear lass that I love so well
Her style and her beauty, sure none can excel
There's a smile upon her countenance as she sits on my knee
Sure there's no one in in this wide world as happy as we

Our ship lies at harbor, she's ready to dock
I hope she's safe landed without any shock
If ever we should meet again by land or by sea
I will always remember your kindness to me

Myxti curtseyed to the room.

"I must depart to my bedchambers. Good night."

OOC: I am not sure of the exact date, but I am guessing it's more Renaissance time era than Medieval, but I'm sure you'll forgive me :-)
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Darienbalintyne wrote:Darien listened as Myxti sang the song and he marvelled at the sweet voice that held the tune so well, at the finish he rose and bowed to her as he bid her good evening and a safe journey home.

Sitting back down in silence Darien let his thoughts drift and time passed pleasantly.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Gabrielle_ wrote:Gabby applauded,
"Very good! Such a lovely song.. Thank you for singing, it was beautiful."
Gabby then said her good night to Myxti picking up her harp and strumming a tune softly.
"There is just so much going on in England... it is good to get away from it all and have some quality time with family and friends. Yes, truly it is."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lynna wrote:As the couple entered the library, there was a distinctive aura of comfort and relaxation. It is certainly a lovely room Gabby she said as she looked round taking in the collection of books.She picked up two of the brandywine goblets that had been served handing one to her husband.

Myxti treated them with a beautiful tune after saying she must retire for the night, That was lovely Myxti she smiled, It's been lovely to catch up with you again so soon, have a safe trip back to Ludow tomorrow, goodnight.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Sara_jane wrote:The song was beautiful. She loved music.

"That was beautiful. It was a pleassure to meet you Myxti. Have a safe journey home."

The sound of the harp caught Sara's attention next. Her eyes lit up as she listened to the tune coming from it.

"I couldn't agree with you more. I think this is the first time I've been out and away from the children to socialize sine they were born. They, royal court , and marshal duties keep me busy."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:39 pm

Kaylen_ wrote:Emrys and Kaylen enter the room just as her Cousin Myxti begins to sing, moving to the side, they take a seat on a small settee which only had room for two, they were so close that Kaylen could feel the heat of his leg against her thigh. Although it was rather distracting, she listened to Myxti sing.

It never crossed her mind that this was not appropriate for a man and woman who were not courting. She just knew she wanted to be close to him right now, her mind drifted as she realized that no matter where they were at...when they were together she wanted to be close to him.

She looked down at their hands held together, her small one in his larger one and she smiled softly her gray eyes sparkling, they 'fit' together as if they were made for each other. So caught up in her thoughts, and the nearness of Emrys she didn't realize Myxti had stopped singing..or even that her cousin had left the room at all.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Emrys_ambrose wrote:His cheek was still burning from the touch of her lips when they entered the library and sat down. He tried to concentrate on the lady who sang but having Kaylen close to him nearly blocked out everything outside a two feet radius. At the back of his mind, he knew that he should be more careful since her family and his were in the same room. But he was unwilling to let her hand go. She was warm and kept him calm throughout dinner. It was different when she was around. He was different when she was around. Gently squeezing her hand in his, he looked into her eyes and smiled. "Do you sing like that too?"
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Gabrielle_ wrote:Gabby's eyes surveyed the room an took in the closeness of Kaylen and Emrys. A note was mis-plucked, not majorly, but noticeable. Quickly Gabby looked at her finger placement and corrected, the tune soft and lilting yet again.
Softly she said,
"I forgot Emrys needed a room. Hmmm.. Kaylen can stay in my room with me, Emrys can use Kaylen's room, if Kaylen is fine with that."
She smiled, looking to Darien and Sara for approval of the idea.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Kaylen_ wrote:She looked over at him as he spoke and shook her head. "Oh no...I don't sing..." she smiled slightly..she had never actually tried to sing but it wasn't something that she wanted to do in front of everyone.

When she heard the missed note she glanced unsurprised to see Myxti gone...seeing Gabby looking at them Kaylen blushed slightly, and reluctantly pulled her hand from Emrys and placed it in her lap and clasped it with the other one.

Hearing Gabby speak, Kaylen nodded and spoke softly. "Oui, I am fine with it." she glanced over at Emrys to see what he thought of the idea.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Emrys_ambrose wrote:He sighed when she pulled her hand away. It was an involuntary reaction but it wasn't unexpected. Over time, he'd realized that his body reacted to her on its own accord. He liked having her close to him. Hearing Gabby's words, he turned his face towards the others. Staying at the Hamilton Estate was going to be quite an experience. He looked to Darien and Sara as he wondered what Kaylen's room was like. If it would be covered by her favorite colors and if she kept the objects precious to her within its walls. When she agreed to letting him use her room for the night, he glanced at her and teased. "Would I find anything interesting there?"
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:40 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur thanked Myxti for her song before retreating for the night. He was given a goblet from Lynna and smiled at her. She always takes care of me, he thought. His hand instinctively slid down to Lynna's lower back to guide her to a seat. They sat together, and he wrapped his arm around her shoulders. He pulled her closer to him. This is perfect, he thought. Arthur wasn't one to drink much, he enjoyed his drink with a meal but never as a form of escape as so many of his friends did.

Arthur quietly observed the others in the library. He could see Kaylen and gentleman across from where he and Lynna were sitting. He turned to look at his wife whispering in her ear about his curiosity. The talks at the dinner table were centered towards politics and he didn't want to continue that. He thought of a way to carefully phrase his next words so no one could take offense. He tried to catch Kaylen's eyes or maybe the man she was holding hands with.

Clearing his throat, his eyes were watching the young couple interact.
How long have you two been courting? He squeezed Lynna against his side a little, and grinned as he directed the question towards the two. This must have been why Serdan was so upset earlier, he thought. Arthur was definitely protective of his family and understood how Serdan may have been feeling.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Kaylen_ wrote:Kaylen smiled softly and poked him. "You might..." , she bit her lip and looked around the library, she supposed it was a good thing Serdan wasn't here, but she still wished he wasn't mad at them.

Looking up at the sound of Arthur's voice her gray eyes widened, and she looked down at her lap her hair falling over her shoulder to screen her face slightly. "We...aren't courting." she said softly hesitantly. She hadn't realized that they had been acting so...familiar with each other. She glanced up at Gabby and bit her lip.

And although she wished that they were they weren't courting. Maybe he was just interested in playing with her...but even though she knew that might be a possibility she couldn't help that she was drawn to him.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Emrys_ambrose wrote:He looked at Kaylen with his brows creased. "Well...not yet!" The words came out of his mouth before his mind could catch up. Her words sounded so final to him that he couldn't help reacting. He'd been planning to ask for a private audience with Lady Gabrielle once the evening was over. And it looked like his intentions were becoming more obvious as the night wore on. He felt his blood rush as he looked around to see if anyone noticed his quick objection. In an attempt to get his mind off the heat in his cheeks, he shifted in his seat and straightened his back. The idea of asking permission to court her in front of people left cold beads of sweat trickling down his back.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:41 pm

Gabrielle_ wrote:Somehow Gabby managed to not mispluck a note, though the melody did alter. She stopped softly strumming and sat down the small harp, and rather non-chalantly said,
"Meet me upon the morn in the chapel, Emrys. But I shall retire to bed, it is late and tomorrow, like our guests, I shall leaving here to attend to business of the county and kingdom. Goodnight."

She rose up, and leaned heavily on her cane, the long day wearying her. Nonetheless, she went over to each guest and said goodnight, grasping their hand warmly and thanking them again for coming.
"Make yourselves at home. I do hope you find the accomodations to your liking."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:41 pm

Sara_jane wrote:Sara had been listening quietly until Arthur's question caught her attention and she looked over at the two in question. Emry's response made her raise and eyebrow and a slight smirk came to her lips. Gabrielle's statement made it vanish. With such words it could only lead to one thing.

Putting it out of her mind for now she bid their host a goodnight.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:42 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:Pardon me for the question.. my name is Arthur, by the way. I don't know your name, young man. He leaned forward, offering his hand to shake his hand. This is Lynna.. my wife. We just recently married after being friends for so long. He heard Gabby was going to retire for the night.The evening has been great. Thank you for inviting us, Arthur took Gabby's hand in his. After she left, he placed his goblet on an endtable next to him and continued eying the young couple.

Well.. the boy is hopeful, and the girl seems not to be! He chuckled. It seems you two definitely have a clear attraction and a small affection for each other. Don't they, love? Arthur's eyes averted to their hands, then back up to their eyes while asking Lynna. Unless.. she views you as a brother? He questioned raising an eyebrow. But then.. she wouldn't be holding your hand, he winked.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:42 pm

Kaylen_ wrote:Her eyes widened and she turned to look at Emrys at his objection. She worked very hard not to grin when all she wanted to do was shout...so he did care that much for her. Biting her lip she looked up at Gabby and when she came around she stood and gave her cousin a big hug. "I will see you soon...goodnight cousin."

Taking her seat beside Emrys again she looked at Arthur as he spoke, then looked down blushing at his remarks. Raising her eyebrow slightly she looked up "He is most certainly not the brotherly type...I mean...I'm sure he'd make a great brother...and I'd be lucky....What I mean to say is that he would make a good brother...just I don't see him that way" she blushed...she was stammering, and over explaining. Oh yes...she was being very graceful. She looked at the wall of books letting her hair shield her face slightly, as she tried to recover.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:43 pm

Emrys_ambrose wrote:He shook Arthur's hand and smiled at his wife Lynna. "I'm Emrys...Balintyne. A pleasure to meet you both. And congratulations." As soon as Lady Gabrielle uttered his name, his head turned in quiet shock. He couldn't think of a proper reply to her statement but somehow managed to nod before she said goodnight. She gave no hint to what the meeting was for and a number of thoughts flashed through his head. He asked himself what to expect and what was expected of him but him but no answers came. It was painfully apparent that he knew nothing about English society. His knowledge was limited to the books he was lucky enough to read and what little interaction he had outside of his family. When the most powerful woman in Stafford left the room, he gave Kaylen an inquiring glance as she sat down beside him. His eyes asking her if she knew what was going to happen.

He watched her closely as she spoke. The familiar red shade was coloring her cheeks again and that made him smile. A great brother eh... He was sure that she would make a great sister too but that wasn't how he saw her either.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:Thank you! Arthur smiled and sat back after shaking Emrys hand. He wrapped his arm around his beautiful wife once more, and pulled her tightly against her side. His face turned to look at Lynna, ...The obvious question is: how do you see him, Lady Kaylen? I mean. The young man has probably ventured far just to come see you.. at your family estate... and has had dinner with guests and the head of your household. To me, that means a great deal. I remember the same sort of actions at the Tudor estate when a man came to seek courtship of my sister. He grinned still looking at Lynna. And I wonder... he paused for a moment. How Emrys views you as well?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Kaylen_ wrote:Taking in a deep breath she tucked her hair behind her ear and looked up at Arthur, listening to his questions. He was asking things even Emrys had not asked...but she feared if she told him to mind his own business he would be offended. She was highly aware of Emrys cousin still in the room, listening to the conversation.

Licking her lips she thought for a long moment on how to answer his question and when she did she wasn't looking at Arthur her eyes where locked with Emrys. "Oh...it does mean a great deal, that he was brave enough to come here...knowing how Serdan feels about him." she placed her hand unconsciously on his, no longer answering the simple questions, but talking to Emrys, forgetting that she was in a room where others could hear her...who where probably listening to her words. "I care a great deal for you, you make me feel safe, yet when I'm with you I feel more alive than ever..." she was about to say more, when someone shifted and brought her back the the library. She blushed a deep red and looked at Arthur..."does that...answer your questions Milord Tudor? "
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:I believe you two make a fine, young couple. If you two decide to court.. I'm sure you will have a great ride together. Who knows what the future holds. He looked at Lynna remembering everything they had been through together. Sometimes, things come about unexpectedly, and it turns out for the best. If Lynna had not bid on me at the Bachelor auction, I would have never known how she felt about me. And now look at us.. in love and happily married. He kissed her with a lingering, soft kiss while caressing her cheek. Arthur turned to face the two: I hope you both the best in whatever the future holds for you.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:44 pm

Lynna wrote:Arthur's hand on her back guiding her to a seat, she smiled back at him as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder pulling her close, they were enjoying listening to the serene sound of the harp as Gabby played them a tune. She looked at her husband as he was taking in the surroundings. He whispered in her ear about if he should ask about the young couple across from them, she thought to herself it probably might not be a good idea considering the couple seemed to be focus of some of the exchanges earlier at the dinner table. Before she could say anything Arthur had already asked how long they have been courting, as he pulled her closer to his side.

Lynna smiled softly at the couple hoping the question wasn't too invasive as she watched the reactions of the two it was obvious they hadn't really discussed it or had the approval of the family as Gabby sat her harp down asking the young man to meet her in the morning. Arthur introduced himself and then her mentioning about them being friends for so long before marrying she smiled graciously with a little nod, Lovely to meet you she said, Thank you after he had spoke his name as he offered Arthur and Lynna his congratulations, she gave her husbands thigh a little squeeze as she placed her hand on his thigh.

As Gabby approached Arthur and herself thanking them for coming, Thank you Gabrielle she said as Gabby took her hand, It's been a lovely evening, Goodnight.she smiled.

Lynna could feel herself blush a little at Arthur's comments to the young couple after their responses, when he asked her opinion. Yes they do Love she said as she looked back over to the couple. Arthur, inquisitive as he was , was enjoying his question time with the couple she thought as she looked over to Lady Sara and Lord Darien wondering if they were aware of closeness of the young couple, or if they had discussed it at all.

She smiled and blushed as her husband mentioned the bachelor auction, she really did surprise herself by even attending but she knew if she hadn't her chance of letting Arthur know how she felt about him would have been lost for ever. His lips met hers as he softly kissed her then he wished the couple all the best in whatever they chose to do.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next