Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP] Hamilton - Dinner

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

[RP] Hamilton - Dinner Empty [RP] Hamilton - Dinner

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:33 pm

Lady_nicole wrote:[RP] Hamilton - Dinner Diningroom
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

[RP] Hamilton - Dinner Empty Re: [RP] Hamilton - Dinner

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur and Lynna were led to a grand formal dining room. It was exquisite. The chandelier was bright and enormous; it appeared as it had millions of crystals illuminating the room.

Isn't this great, sweetheart? He kept looking about as he spoke to his wife, Lynna. Her arm was holding onto the crook of his arm, and he could feel her light touch. He ran his hand over the back of a dining chair, admiring it's craftsmanship.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Myxti wrote:Myxti enters the dining room. As she is walking to the table, she spots Arthur and Lynna. When she reaches the table, she curtseys and smiles.

"Arthur, Lynna, welcome. How's married life?"
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lady_nicole wrote:Nicole walks out the door to the kitchen after having gone over last minute details of the menu with the cook. She makes sure to keep a copy of it written on a small piece of paper just to make sure everything come out in the order it should. As she walks into the dinning hall she looks at it one last time.

Soup
Cretonnee of New Peas. A creamy pea soup with a hint of saffron and ginger, served over a few morsals of goose.

Main Course
Roast Chicken. Verjuice made of rosewater, sugar, and cinnamon will be poued over it just before it is served to the guests. Will also be served with mustard grees that have been boiled.

Second Course
Lemon Rice with Almonds. Lemon zest and juice help to flavor the rice while the almonds have been soaked in the best wine in the Hamilton cellar.

Salad
Water Cress and Fennel Salad, Parsley Bread, and cheese. The salad has a nice mixture of herbs along with a vinagrette dressing. The taste of herbs in the salad go well with the herbs used in the bread all brought together with the lovely cheese. The guests are to be offered a white wine with this dish.

Dessert
A blueberry cobler still warm from the oven.

She looks up as she is trying to find a place to put the slip of paper that wouldn't be noticed. She sees that she is not alone in the room. She tries to put a smile on her face as she realizes the only person in the room she recognizes is her cousin Myxti and they haven't spend too much time getting to know each other. She takes a deep breath, Welcome, I am Nicole. It is nice of you to come. How are you doing?

Last edited by arthur_loxley on Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:34 pm

Lynna wrote:Lynna walked in, her arm in Arthurs as they were shown to the dining room, It is grand Love she said as she ran her hand along his arm. She looked along the dining table noticing there weren't any place names, she was curious who else might be attending.

As they were admiring their surroundings Myxti had joined them, she turned to her voice smiling at her when she asked about married life. Oh it's wonderful Myxti, she gazed up lovingly at her husband. I do hope you had a good time at the wedding, it was quite a day. You have a beautiful estate here.

Another young Lady entered the room introducing herself as Nicole, It's a pleasure to meet you Nicole, it was an honour to be invited She introduced herself Lynna Hohenzollern von Liechtenstein Tudor she added as she smiled at her Husband, Matriarch of the von Liechtenstein family and this is my Husband Arthur Loxley Tudor. We are doing very well thank you and still on our honeymoon she blushed a little we were pleased to be able to attend this dinner as we have been travelling and were nearby.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:34 pm

Gabrielle_ wrote:Gabby came down the stairs, her gown rustling. She chided herself for running a little late and entered the formal dining room. Her face lit up with a smile at seeing how beautifully cousin Nicole arranged everything.
"Welcome to Hamilton Hall. We have some more guests that are arriving soon, I hope."
Walking by Nicole and Myxti on her way to Arthur and Lynna she smiled at her cousins warmly, then gave a small curtsy to the newlywed couple.
"I am happy you could make it. I hope the roads weren't a problem this deep into the winter."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:35 pm

Myxti wrote:Myxti blushes when Lynna mentions the wedding. She had such a great time.

"I did. It was beautiful!"

Just then Nicole and Gabrielle come in, so Myxti stands back quietly and allows everyone to talk. She takes in eveything in her silence.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur wrapped his arm around Lynna's waist and was whispering in Lynna's ear when they were approached by Myxti. He gave Lynna a quick kiss on the temple as a grin playfully crossed his lips.

Married life? Oh, it's great. We should of gotten married sooner. I guess I didn't know what I was missing. He grinned. Lynna is a wonderful and attentive wife. She cares for my every need. He turned his eyes to gaze into hers. And I try my best everyday to care for her needs. He leaned into her, kissing her gently on the lips.

How are things with you, Myxti? And Ken? He grinned, hopefully they had spent more time together. I heard he was going to be moving to Ludlow soon.. He wriggled his eyebrows at her. He couldn't even tease Myxti too long before his wife began talking about the Hamilton estate. He nodded as he agreed with Lynna about the Hamilton Estate, then saw a woman enter and introduce herself.

Nicole wrote:Welcome, I am Nicole. It is nice of you to come. How are you doing?

Greetings. He slightly bowed to her. Yes, we are still on our honeymoon. He laughed. He leaned towards Nicole, and whispered: Just call us Arthur and Lynna. No need to use our "proper" names.

He saw Gabrielle enter the dining room. Wow! I should come to the Hamilton estate more often. I've been here ten minutes and the Hamilton Ladies are flocking to greet me. I feel so special. He grinned and squeezed Lynna to his side to make sure she knew he was joking. Well.. Us! He smiled at Lynna.

Gabrielle welcomed them to the Hall and informed them more guests would be arriving soon, hopefully.

We are happy to have been invited. The roads weren't so bad. Only a bit of ice. The weather will soon clear up.. spring is almost here.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Meritisi wrote:Meritisi left his room and headed to the formal dining room. He enters the dining room wearing his finest clothes. Meritisi thinks to himself "My this feels very wierd the sooner I am out of these clothes the better but I must make a good impression."
Meritisi walks over to Myxti "Hello I dont believe we have been introduced before. I am Meritisi and you are?"
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Myxti wrote:Myxti turned bright red when Arthur mentioned Ken. She tried to hide a smile, but it was a lost cause.

"Ken....Ken is the sweetest man I've even known."

She is about to say more when Meritsi speaks.

"Hi....I'm Jua....Jane. Everyone just calls me Myxti. So I hear we're family, eh?"

she laughs.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:36 pm

Meritisi wrote:Meritisi chuckles "Well apparently. So tell me more about yourself". Meritisi smiles "I couldnt help but over hear something about someone called ken. Is he your husband?"
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Myxti wrote:"No....he's not my husband. I am a widow and didn't want to go back to Spain after he died....so...um......I am here. There's not much to tell. I am Spanish...from Navarre. I love court life....I am quite pious and dutiful....the way any proper lady should behave if she was raised right."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Meritisi wrote:"I am sorry to hear that. I shouldnt have brought it up" Meritisi says remorsefully.
"Well jane in my opinion theres nothing wrong when a lady expresses her personality"Meritisi smiles " Im sure that you yourself are not as astute all of the time"
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Myxti wrote:Anything she wants to say could lead to an argument. Myxti was a strong independent woman....but she also knew her place in society. It was tough to mix it in, but she did. English culture was wilder and though she liked it at times....she didn't always feel comfortable.

"Excuse me for a moment."

She left for the gardens to relax....deciding when she'd be OK to go back....so much on her mind.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Meritisi wrote:Meritisi ponders his thoughts and begins to wonder why his cousin left.
Meritisi begins to think to himself about what he had said and feeling that hed done something wrong he followed myxti out to the gardens to try and rectify the situation
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:38 pm

Myxti wrote:Myxti and Mertisi spoke and all was good. She came back into the lovely room and sat down in a chair.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:38 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur smiled as he watched Myxti's reaction. He is a good man. I have known him for a long time, was all he could say before being interrupted by a a man who introduced himself as Meritisi. Arthur was about to speak, but held his tongue as the man introduced himself only to Myxti. He was confused as to who the man was, but Myxti had made it clear they were relatives. He also made a mental note that Myxti's referred to herself as Jane when introducing herself. Interesting, he thought.

Arthur started to open his mouth again when the man spoke of Ken, but Myxti had answered.

Myxti wrote:"No....he's not my husband. I am a widow and didn't want to go back to Spain after he died....so...um......I am here. There's not much to tell. I am Spanish...from Navarre. I love court life....I am quite pious and dutiful....the way any proper lady should behave if she was raised right."

Well.. that is something I didn't know.. Arthur whispered to Lynna as Myxti spoke. I have been ambassador to Spain! He chimed in feeling the topic was getting a bit heavy for the start of the dinner. He sighed. It didn't work.. Myxti excused herself from them and exited out through a door. He wasn't familiar with the layout of the estate and had no clue where she was headed. Meritisi followed her out. At least, he will try to comfort her, his hand lightly ran up and down Lynna's back absentmindedly.

They weren't gone very long though. Arthur was glad to see that Myxti wasn't upset.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:39 pm

Gabrielle_ wrote:While enjoying some small talk with Arthur and Lynna, Gabby notices Meritisi come and thinks to herself that he cleans up well. She can't help but smile, for as odd and unique each Hamilton was, they were all still family. A fact people noticed, family loyalty.
Giggling at something witty Arthur said, as oft he did, she saw Myxti a little off and leave, followed by Meritisi. She wondered briefly what it was that happened, but figured they would straighten whatever out.

"We may have to start dinner without everyone here." she said absently, as she scanned the room for her brother. "I invited Leanasidhe and Desideratist, John Sutton, the Williams brothers. I wonder what is keeping them?"
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Myxti wrote:Myxti approached Arthur.

"I appologize for just taking off. Getting used to Enlgand has been......eventful to say the least. I never knew I had English realitives. I mean Hamiltons, sure, but de Balboas born and raised here....never knew.

She smiles and looks around for a glass or shot of anything!
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Meritisi wrote:Meritisi walks into the dining hall and sits at the table. "I do apolgise if I interupted your conversation ....arthur is it?".
"Sometimes I cant help myself but to jump right in".

"I was beginning to wonder that too gabby maybe they are having trouble finding the estate."
Meritisi smiles " You do know how to dress for the occasion cousin"
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:40 pm

Serdan wrote:Serdan entered the room at almost a run, his mind still on the few moments he had spent with Vevina only a few minutes before. He quickly stopped, almost running into Meritisi.

"Oh! 'cuse me Meri, I started on the whiskey earlier than usual tonight." He joked, quickly scanning the room for his sister, then looking around at those in the room, glad to see that his outfit stood out as usual.
"Please forgive my late arrival, I had an...unexpected visitor from the Northern Kingdom..SO! Welcome one and all to the Hamilton Estate! How are we all fairing on this beautiful eve?"
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Gabrielle_ wrote:Gabby nods her head to Meritisi, "Thank you, cousin. I try."

Gabby looks at her brother as he blusters in, noticing the smell of wiskey on his breath. She shakes her head and grins.
"Didn't Leith extend an invite to the dinner to the Rose Clan Chieftess? Oh well... Serdan.. this is Lord Arthur Tudor and his wife, Lady Lynna... Rohannon's sister."

Then looking at the couple, "My dear brother, Serdan Hamilton."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:Oh, don't worry, Myxti. Are you ok, though? You seemed a little upset.. He asked concerned for her. How long have you been in England? I have known the de Balboas and Hamilton a while now, I believe. I'm not sure about Lynna, he looked towards her. But probably around the same length of time. Both Lynna and I are family oriented people, so we understand how finally finding one's family can be very emotional and tense.

He held Lynna close to him, his arm wrapped around her waist, and fingers lacing with hers. He took a moment and looked at Lynna remembering all that he had been through recently with finding out about his brother, Donnor. It can be a struggle, that is for sure.

The gentleman entered after Myxti and apologized for interrupting. Oh, it's ok. Yes, my name is Arthur. This is my wife, Lynna. And your name? He offered the man his hand to shake. I jump in most times myself! It's completely understandable.

Hearing Gabby's mention of the other guests, Arthur nodded. Aye, they may have gotten lost! Or maybe the weather has picked up.. he sighed. He would now be worried about the other guests until they arrived. Gabby introduced him and Lynna to another man, Serdan Hamilton. It was her brother. Oh, Serdan. It's so nice to meet you.

OOC: Meritisi - I haven't met you before, so I can't "assume" to know your name. I'm not trying to be a jerk. :?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lyskard_ wrote:Reaching the entrance to the Dining hall Lyskard and louisa are ushered inside. This being the first ' heads of families ' function he had attended, so was a little apprehensive of proceedure. Then on first glance around the Hall, he noticed at the moment the comversities were very formal indeed.

A smile played at the corners of his mouth as he notices a couple he remembered from an era of his past Lord Arthur Loxley and Lady Lynna, Where was it he last met them ? yes that was it ....Coventry while Lady Lizabet was then running her fourth term as Mayoress. Shifting his gaze across the room, Lyskard notices Louisa'a cousin Meritisi from Lichfield in conversation with a lady he had yet to be introduced to.

With a little hesitation, Lyskard awaited Louisa to head them into the throng of hamilton family members plus those she was aqainted with.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Serdan wrote:Serdan nodded, not really paying attention when Gabby spoke, as he was still examining the guests he'd never seen before.

"Lord Tudor..ah..yes, always a pleasure." Serdan said, giving the Viscount a slight bow, before looking back at Gabrielle, as he realized the other name said.

"Roh???" Confused, He quickly did a double take of the room, then realized who she was referring to. His sister. Serdan regained his composure quickly, then turned to lady Lynna.

"My Lady." He spoke softly, before giving her a deep bow, then rising. He looked at her feet for a few seconds, befoer looking up at her eyes and speaking.

"Forgive me, M'lady...Your Brother...was my best friend, and by far the greatest man I've ever seen on this earth." He paused, doubting that even covered Roh's greatness, but not knowing what else to say at the time being. "I am forever in your brothers debt for all the things he did for me. If you or your household every need anything, please dont hesitate to ask."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next