Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holiday Feast at the Tudors (Christmas 1457)

3 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Holiday Feast at the Tudors (Christmas 1457) - Page 3 Empty Re: Holiday Feast at the Tudors (Christmas 1457)

Post  arthur_loxley Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:18 pm

Tasite wrote:Thank you Tas whispered to Bri.

Turning her attention to the person that entered the room. Welcome to the Tudor home Father, it was wonderful of you to come. I do hope it wasn't to long or rough a journey for you; she said with a smile on her face. Allow me to introduce you to everyone but I’m sure you might know some of them.

Princess Brianna, Lord Kenrich Stewart and his lovely wife Myxti, Lord von Liechenstein and Lady Hollington this is Father Gawain.

Tas had decided to check on the food when she heard a familiar voice. Deekay how nice of you to come to the party. Welcome Helen and please call me Tas. I am very happy to have you both here come let me introduce you to the rest of the guests..

Princess Brianna, Lord Kenrich Stewart and his lovely wife Myxti, Lord von Liechtenstein , Lady Hollington and Father Gawain. This is Deekay and Helen. Again she tried to check the food she when she heard more voices in the hall. Opening the door she smiled to see and old friend. Irish, Ice so nice to have you at the party. What a surprise. Come, come let me take you in to the rest of the guest.

Irish, Ice this is Princess Brianna, Kenrich Stewart his beautiful wife Myxti and over here is Lord von Liechtenstein , Lady Shillington, Father Gawain, Deekay and Helen. Everyone this is my good friend Irish Leone Soldati- Dragon and her handsome husband Ice Dragons. After introducing everyone Tas walk over to Missy and whispered. Please have the cook bring out the food. Then she return to her guest but she was sure she heard voices again.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Holiday Feast at the Tudors (Christmas 1457) - Page 3 Empty Re: Holiday Feast at the Tudors (Christmas 1457)

Post  arthur_loxley Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:18 pm

--Teezme_Moore wrote:Missy was going to owe her big time. Teezme skipped to the entrance, waiting patiently for the next guest to arrive. Too many people, too few maids. Forgetting her shoes, toes absently rubbing the hardwood floors. Humming, daydreaming. Knocking. Knocking? Oh, someone at the door. Guard in, guests in. Takes invitation, beams brightly at Aayla and Radh. Welcome to the Tudor Estate, I'm Teezme, the nanny. Oh, not that you need a nanny. Blink, blush, rub toe onto the soft rug. Lower eyes, shrug. Made tonight, oops, I mean maid for tonight. Let me show you in.

Lowers eyes respectfully, admires the woman's dress. Eyes bulge at the man's muscles. Oh my, wait till Missy sees him! Giggles to self, skips ahead. Stops, waits for them to follow. Waves gaily at Tasite to get her attention.
More guests, they're....oops, I forgot to get their names. Lady Tasite, your guests. Giggles, curtsies merrily, escapes back to the front door.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:19 pm

--Missy_demeanor wrote:Yes Milady she said as she curtsy before leaving the room. Missy was almost to the side door when she saw Teezme enter with more guests. Missy ran in to the wall looking at the man that entered with Teezme.. Trying to hide hoping that no one saw her. Waiting for a few minutes she then tried to peek at the man again when she heard how Teezme introduced the guests... oh my I'm going to get her! she laughed and where in the world are her shoes... Missy ran to the kitchen to laugh harder. You have got to laugh she's just too special.

Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Deekay wrote:Deekay smiled at Lady Brianna.
"It's good to have an opportunity to drink and relax occasionally. I'm sure the demands of small children make it difficult."

He noticed Helen displaying a lot of interest in a bump in the curtain. He was concerned when he saw her passing wine through until he remembered she also worked in the Silver Knot and had a good idea of alcohol tolerance.

He turned to the other guests, and bowed.

"Lady Irish, good to see you away from formal settings. How are your children? I remember one is an accomplished artist and it would be an honour to have one of his pictures to hang in my offices in the Courts. :wink:

Lord Ice Dragon, a pleasure to meet you. And Father Gawain - I know we have corresponded, but I don't think we've met.

Lord Plotnik, a voice of common sense in the Lords, and Lady Shillington."

He turned to Kenrich and hugged him, then smiled at Myxti.

"Good to see you both. Let's hope for some fun tonight. I think I have just the person if you want someone to teach your children new ways of getting into trouble."

He pointed to Helen, whose lower half could be seen projecting from the curtain

Helen has consent to god-mod me
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Tasite wrote:Tas had just finish talking with Missy when she saw Teezme waving gaily to get her attention. Tas giggle softly; Yes Teezme she said.

More guests, they're....oops, I forgot to get their names. Lady Tasite, your guests. Tas did her best not to laugh. Sorry about that, welcome to our Party my name is Lady Tasite but please call me Tas and your name is? she said to the beautiful Lady. Tas hadn’t notice the man till she turned completely to get their names. She lost her train of thought for a minute looking at him. She couldn't remember who all Arthur invited, but would owe him gratitude for sending an invitation to such a striking gentleman. Dropping into a curtsey, she smiled slowly. "You are tastie, I mean I am Lady Tasite. And you are milord?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Plotnik wrote:Plotnik smiled politely as Brianna accepted the bottle of French, and beamed when he heard her mention "the little Von Lichensteins." Her pronunciation of the family name might have been off, but the thought of the little ones, and the imagination of the Princess choreographing the mischief, was enough to make anyone laugh.

Anyamariee answered Brianna's question, "Princess, 'tis a pleasure to meet you m'lady. The ride here was fine, uneventful other than me being the luckiest lady around to be travelling with such a fine companion." The smile turned from mirth to adoration as he struggled to contain his embarrassment.

As Tasite continued the introductions as more faces arrived, Plotnik tried to keep up with the names, "Lord Stewart, I believe it's been a long while since we've spoken in London. And Baroness, I am going to get your name wrong tonight, I apologize advance if I call you Mysti, for she is the Mayor of Canterbury with whom my duties often cause me to speak. I don't believe we've met before." He quickly guides Anyamariee away, from what surely looks like a reunion between man and wife, and no place for strangers.

As the continued to mingle, and Tasite introduced Gawain, "Father, how is your flock these days? This is Lady Anyamariee Hollington. Father, I know I have heard of you, though I cannot quite remember the circumstances. So very nice to meet you. Oh, and I might mention to you in passing, that Bishop Teagan left two days ago for The Continent, in search of some lost book or other. Seemed oddly excited, about his European Vacation."

As he glances at the stairs, he comments to Tasite "You are doing a marvelous job remembering names, tell me your secret later, please?" as she continues stirring the guests.

As the next couple are walked up, he bows his head sharply in greeting and says, "A man who needs no introduction to me. Anyamariee, may I please introduce you to Chief Justice Reynard Deekay. And this is... Lady Helen? May I introduce Lady Hollington?"

Deekay responded, "Lord Plotnik, a voice of common sense in the Lords, and Lady Shillington."

Plotnik laughed, "Common sense you say? Anyamariee, Lord Deekay keeps finding himself in agreement with me in the House of Lords. Though I find him to be a man of uncommon sense. Lady Helen, my father always told me that men with horse sense were stable people. Would you say that's true of Lord Reynard?" Plotnik squeezed Anyamariee's hand, and had a twinkle in his eye not placed there by alcohol.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Helen54 wrote:The children had scampered from behind the drape when the other youngsters had entered the room. Helen smiled as they ran to join them, glad to be free of the small responsibility their secret had brought her.

She found DeeKay and smiled as he introduced her to the other guests around him.

"Lord Plotnik, a voice of common sense in the Lords, and Lady Shillington."

Plotnik laughed, "Common sense you say? Anyamariee, Lord Deekay keeps finding himself in agreement with me in the House of Lords. Though I find him to be a man of uncommon sense.

Lady Helen, my father always told me that men with horse sense were stable people. Would you say that's true of Lord Reynard?"

“Lord Plotnik, I find sense to be most uncommon, but yes a man who knows his horses should indeed be a stable personality” Helen smiled at Lord Plotnik and Lady Shillington, then turned toward DeeKay

“As to Lord Reynard possessing those qualities, I must at this stage reserve my judgement, as with one fell swoop of his pen just now, he had me hiding with some children, behind a drape”

They all laughed loudly
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Anyamariee wrote:Her head started swimming as Tasite started introducing people, seemingly coming from all directions. She curtsied to the beautiful hostess, smiling, and then in turn to each she met. She tried hard to remember everyone's name, but seemed to be failing miserably. Grateful for Plotnik's memory and mind, she breathed a sigh of relief. She would only have to whisper discreetly to him to jog her memory. Plus, it was rather fun to whisper to Plotnik as he tended to smile as her breath tickled his ear. How she loved his smile.

"Father Gawain, so very pleased to meet you."

"Chief Justice, Sir." At the mention of Lord Deekay's similarities to Plotnik, she tried to stifle a giggle, but her smile belayed her. "I'm quite certain I should like you then. Lady Helen, so very pleased to meet you as well. Please, call me Anya." She giggled at Lady Helen's response to Plotnik, and finally could not contain her laughter at the children hiding behind the drapes.

She noticed the look in Plotnik's eye as he squeezed her hand, and suddenly felt much warmer. She impuslively kissed his cheek.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Irishwoodfaerie wrote:Irish curtsied, while Ice bowed when greeting HRH Princess Brianna, Your Highness, it is a pleasure to see you again. This is my husband Ice. He is a Commander in the NEA and a Captain in the REN. Ice this is Princess Brianna. I met her when I went up to Maxstoke to deliver Cat and Degas twins William and Rachel.

Ice smiled and greeted the Princess,It is a pleasure to meet you, your Highness.

If you will excuse us Princess, I see a very familiar face I would like to greet.

Ice and Irish went on to greet Tas,Irish wrapping her friend in a warm hug.
Tas, it is so good to see you. It has been far too long.

Next Irish and Ice went over to greet Lord Deekay, Lord Deekay, it is a pleasure to see you here. Thank you for the compliment on Michael's art work. I will see to it he draws you a picture soon. I had no idea he was such an artist. He tells some wonderful stories you know. Now I will stop running off at the mouth about my children.

Ice inclined his head when introduced to Lord Deekay, It is a pleasure to meet you both Lord Deekay and Lady Helen.Michael is quit the sailor for one so young,unlike his brother Liam who will make a fine soldier one day and a good blacksmith as well.
Ice looked around hoping to fine a glass of rum somewhere near.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:20 pm

Gawain59 wrote:After Gawain had entered the room, he was greeted by the host, Lady Tasite.

Thank you for the welcome, Tasite. My journey was pleasant but tiring, I'm glad to be able to relax now.

He bows as he was then introduced to the other guests in the room, smiling as he responds to her comment that he might already know some of the guests.

"Yes - I do already know Kenrich and Myxti. They are my fellow citizens." He smiles at them. "Hello Kenrich & Myxti, its good to see you both here.

Hello, Princess Brianna – Your Highness, you were a guest at your nephew Arthur's wedding, I am a friend of both him & Lynna, they asked me to perform their wedding ceremony. I didn't get a chance to actually meet you then so its a pleasure to be able to actually meet you now.

Lord Deekay, we have corresponded in the past but have not actually met before so its a pleasure to finally meet you.

Lady Helen - Its a pleasure to meet you.

Lord Plotnik - Its a pleasure to meet you, I'm not sure how you have heard of me before but from your name you must be one of Lynna's relatives so perhaps my name has been mentioned as being the one who married her & Arthur - I am their friend and they asked me to marry them. I've heard your name before too - I am a member of the House of the Lords too - perhaps we have heard of each other there, or even in the House of Parliament as I currently am a member of the Stafford Council and have been for several terms in the past also.

Ah yes, Bishop Teagan, he is a friend and also happens to be be one of my former Bishops - the book he has travelled to Europe search for will help him with some studies so that is why he may have seemed excited.

Lady Anyamariee – Its a pleasure to meet you.

Lady Irish and Lord Ice Dragon - Its a pleasure to meet you both."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:22 pm

Kenrich wrote:Kenrich smiled and gave small nods as Tastie interduce him and Myxti to several people.

"Lord Deekay, and Lord Plonik a pleasure" he said, he noticed his wife depart for the bar, he had been away to long, his place was with her, he gave a small bow.

"If you would excuse me i think i need a drink" he said to the group he smiled as he walked over to were Myxti was, getting a drink for himself. he walked over next to her. "Mind if i join you love?" he asked
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Irishwoodfaerie wrote:Irish spied a very old friend one she hadn't seen in a very long time. She couldn't believe her eyes. there was a merry twinkle in her eyes as she excused herself from the group of people she was talking to and walked over to greet Radh As I live and breath I don't believe my eyes. Radhruin, here again in England and not a word of your visit to me nor a stop at the estate. How is your brother LordRahl?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Myxti wrote:Myxti curtsied to the group as the introductions were made. Poor Tasite! She had to not only remember everyone, but repeat herself over and over again. The night was young. How soon would it be before Tasite said forget this...and screamed the names of the arrivals to the room only once?

When Plotnik spoke, Myxti giggled and spoke. Her Iberian accent had naturally lessened, but it always came back stronger when she drank alcohol.

"My Lord, if you are able to understand me after my second or third glass of wine, I will be surprised. Advanced apologies accepted, of course.

She smiled in the flirty, but respectful way that the ladies of the court in Navarre used. She curtsied to the group again after speaking to a few people and made her way to freshen up her drink. It's been so long since she had such good whiskey. When her husband approached and spoke, she grinned.

"Mind? You are silly. I thought you were the calm, serious one and I was the silly, quick-tempered one."

She chuckled and took a small sip of her whiskey watching the newcomers. One of the women was beautiful. She had never met her before, but there was something about her that caught Myxti's curiosity. Perhaps it was her good fashion-sense. She would have to find out who her weaver was.

OOC: Ken has permission to g-dmod me.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur and Lynna had spent enough time in the entryway, and knew it was time to greet the others who came to the Tudor feast. With their hands laced, they walked towards the room where many voices could be heard. William followed behind them, clinging to Lynna's dress with his little hands.

Merry Christomas, everyone! Arthur stated aloud after walking in the room with his family. It is great to see you all. A staff came upon them, offering them drinks from the tray, and he grabbed two. I need a bottle of warm milk, his eyes cast downward towards William. Thank you, he stated as the servant departed. He handed Lynna her glass, then looked about the room. Now the party can start! He grinned and lifted his glass as a silent toast to everyone gathered.

The other children ran to Arthur, and Lynna, greeting them with hugs and kisses. Cousin Arter and Leena!! We missed you! Arthur couldn't help but laugh, hugging them all back. Guess what, you guys? William is here! He grinned, motioning with his head that William was hiding behind 'Cousin Leena'. The dalmations flanked William, jumping and attacking him with hugs. Willie! Once the kids had started interacting with William, Arthur pulled Lynna away to make rounds around the room to greet and thank each guest personally for attending the feast. They headed for the largest gathering first - his aunt Brianna, Lynna's cousin Plotnik, and Fr. Gawain. It'd been a while since they'd spoken to Plotnik or Gawain and it was nice to see them again.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Deekay wrote:Deekay smiled at Lord Ice.

"Your young Michael sounds quite a character - paintings and stories. I like to tell a good story myself, but I should like to hear some of his one day. If you ever bring him to London I will make sure he gets a tour of the Court, along with any other members of the family, of course."

He turned to Plotnik and Anyamariee

"Please don't worry about titles - I'm happy just to be Deekay. It's good to be away from the Court.
Did you know I was born in Sussex, in a small settlement about 15 miles west of Brighthelmstone? I still feel my roots are there although Birmingham is now my home. Perhaps that is why I am enthusiastic to see Sussex as part of England again.

Sorry - I don't think we were invited to talk politics. Helen - you seem to have been doing a great job with the children even if you weren't sticking your head behind the curtain. Have you been planning something?"

He whispered "That's Arthur and Lynna just come in. He's the former Duke, former Chief Justice and lots of other important things. Lynna has served on the Council a lot, too. And that's their beautiful boy."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:37 pm

Anyamariee wrote:Anya nodded and smiled at Deekay. "I was unaware of your roots with Sussex. How very interesting indeed. We should like it if you were to visit us in Dover. My home is open to you, as would Plotnik's, I'm certain." She looked up at Plotnik to confirm, knowing full well she was correct. She politely nodded and curtsied at other guests as they passed by.

She chuckled at the politics and shook her head. "Please Deekay. Do not worry about talking politics. It seems I am hardly without Plotnik when he is about, when his nose is not in paperwork he is usually found doing the same. I am quite used to it by now. But, as you say, this house is quite lovely with all the decorations." She discretely looked around for some mistletoe, planning on catching Plotnik unawares.

She smiled at Helen waiting for her response to Deekay's question. The children were smiling broadly at the lovely lady, seeming to have found a new friend and cohort.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:38 pm

Lady_brianna wrote:She looked at Irish and smiled warmly "Greetings welcome to the Tudor estate it is lovely to meet you as well Icy. Do enjoy yourselfs and watch out for the little mischief monsters around here." she chuckled watching as the departed to talk to Tasite.

Smiling at Gawain "Indeed it is lovely to see you again it was a lovely ceremony. Please enjoy yourself this evening." she took in the surroundings smiling at all the joy going on noticing her escort had failed to show so far . Oh well she thought and took back to speaking to the gentleman. "Please help yourself to the bar unless you want a strong drink and ill make it for you" she chuckled seeing Arthur and Lynaa walking through the door. "please excuse me""

She glided quickly across the room wrapping Arthur and Lynna in a hug and giving them kisses on the cheek and finally grabbing William and giving him the same before he ran off with the other children.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:39 pm

Radh wrote:Radh spurs on his horse and races after Aayla. His hood and cloak flung back, a rush of wind blowing in his hair and through the manes of his horse who rushes onwards with a sudden vigour for the prospect of fresh hay and a cozy stable for the rest of the holidays. He nearly catches up with Aayla but then he feel a sharp sting of pain in the side of chest, he presses on it with his hand and lets his horse slow down a few paces. Up ahead he sees Aayla jump of her horse in a most gracious fashion and announce their names to the guards. While Radh slowly catches up he takes the time to look around him, observe the castle and the surrounding buildings, and appreciates the tended grounds with their joyfull Holiday-decorations.

Aayla and Radh are led inside by the guard and brought to a Hall where they are greeted by the nanny, or maid for a night as the giggling lass states. Thank ye, miss Teezme. Would ye perhaps show us our rooms so we... But its no use, Teezme has already dartled off to open the door into the further hall where the party has already started. Quickly Radh removes some travel items from his person, he takes off his gloves and removes his weaponbelt from his waist and puts them in his bag. He brushes a bit of mud off his ridingboots, folds back his hood and cloak and puts his bag over his shoulder. A quick glance over to Aayla reveals her looking ready and dashing, and it strikes him this dress does do her grace. He winks at her and strides off after Teezme, the doors are opened.

Taking Aayla's arm in his, Radh enters the room and is struck by how cosy the room is decorated, so light and warm, and the smell of all that food and sweets and booze made him forget any discomfort he'd had on the way, right there and then. Teezme introduces them and Radh chuckles at the thought of how the lass would forgot a name she never even asked for in the first place, but what she lacks as doormaid she clearely makes up for in merriement and Radh smiles as she leaves again. Right then a beautifull woman comes forward and introduces herself, he takes in her appearance for a moment while he holds his breath and struggles with his mind to form a chosive thought; It says to him: "ah she may'be the hostess o' the evenin!" He waits till she speaks to him, then he answers, Radhruin Rahl, Master of the House of Rahl in Eire, escorting m'lady Aayla O’Murchadha, Sister in the House of Rahl. Thank you fer ye welcome, Lady Tasty. Radh bows and the leather of his armor vest crackles as he bends. Did he just say lady tasty, or had he heared her say it, he isnt sure all of a sudden. He looks up again and says, Thank you, Lady Tasite. We'ave come from far and with mixed feeling for there is'naught much to celebrate for back home, bu' meh would not dare resist yer invitation and now beein here, and seein the lenghts of effort ye'ave put into the fest, I must already admit t'be honoured to be here. Not sure what to say next he pauses, then adds, Oh and meh brought some of our 'better Irish' fer ye drinking table. :wink: He points over his shoulder meaning he has few bottles of proper O'Brien malt in his bag.

Then Radh looks up in suprise, just as he said the word 'Irish' he thought he saw a familiar face moving through the crowd towards him. Then he recognises his old friend, and though he has hardly kepted in touch since their ways parted, he is thrilled to meet her again. He excuses himself from Tas and Aayla and says, Irish? Wauw, what a nice surprise! Eyy meh bro? Oh, errhm Im afraid I'ave gotten him into trouble again, bu', what doesnt kills ye makes ye stronger and I he's been healing steadily now. He says with a grin. Bu' wait a minute, I'd like ye to meet someone, someone bro and I are very proud of to have as a sister. Radh turns to see if he can introduce Aayla.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:43 pm

Aayla wrote:Aayla is shuffled from maid-nanny to maid, and is snatched up by her brother moments before feeling like a top spinning in place. Smiling at the beautiful Lady greeting them she opens her mouth to answer her name when she’s distracted by what the woman said to her brother. Tastie…Blinking, and trying desperately not to burst into laughter she simply covers her mouth. Her brother however makes a proper introduction followed by… did he just call the hostess ‘tasty’… whatever control the woman had on her laughter seems to be straining with each new introduction, tears welling at the corner of her eyes as she remains the smiling doll at her brother’s side. Another face, another woman, and Aayla begins to understand how they came about this invitation, Giving a small dip of her head she greets this new woman. “Aayla O’Murchadha, but just Aayla if you would…Radh here is far too kind… a pleasure to meet a friend of the Rahl’s.” she offers politely, fairly certain that she’s of no interest to the woman. For all her smiling, she’s a slightly terrified death grip on her brother’s arm, quite sure if she lets go she might get knocked over by the rush of ladies.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:12 am

Deekay wrote:"Anya, I hope to travel in the spring, and I would love to visit Dover. I can call into Worthing to see if anyone remembers me.

With the opening of the sea ways, are you getting many visitors from France?"
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Novaphoenix wrote:Not know what to wear Nova put on a new aqquired pink shirt.. WHonder what has become of his normal ones he dresses then look around for his boots.. Knowing well that parties are for for fun he heads toward the gathering of family and friends with a smile..
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Plotnik wrote:Still talking to Deekay, "Brighthelmstone? Isn't that down towards Chichester? I've heard of it. Cannot remember what I've heard." Plotnik taps his temple in thought with the hand that Anyamariee isn't squeezing.

Coming back to reality as Anyamariee was saying, "My home is open to you, as would Plotnik's, I'm certain."

And quickly covering for himself, with "Ah, but yes, yes, of course. Come visit. Chilham manor is just a day's ride outside London, or longer if you pass through Maidstone." He watches the former Chancelor mingling, and reminds himself he needs to introduce Anyamariee, but continues, "The best way to get there is to sail out the Thames around Shippey Island, and up the River Stour by way of Sandwich, but that can take longer depending on the winds. You can see Canterbury Cathedral, the Primate's residence, though..." when there was a disturbance.

"Merry Christomas, everyone!" Arthur stated aloud. Dogs and children and drinks and servants bustling and making a joyously noisome entrance. A new swirling of the people occurred as the arrivals bustled through the groups.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Helen54 wrote:Quote Deekay “Helen ...... have you been planning something?”

Helen gazed into DeeKay’s eyes and with as much innocence and seriousness as she could muster, calmly stated

“My Lord DeeKay the plans I have for you this night, aught not be uttered in the presence of the good Friar here”

She had timed her response perfectly, just after he had sipped his wine, yet had not completely swallowed it.

Within seconds DeeKay had flushed a scarlet to complement his sash and with much spluttering and guffawing, removed himself to the feasting table and made himself busy with the culinary choices before him.

Helen glanced at Father Gawain and was relieved to see the twinkle in his eyes .... he knew she was teasing DeeKay.

“Father Gawain” Helen turned to the kindly priest, whom she felt instinctively she could trust,

“I am rather fond of the quote of Pierre Abelard, I believe from the twelfth century,

‘Beware lest in casting out your demon, you cast out the best thing that is in you’”

She continued

“I see the peccadillo’s and faults that plague men and women, as the essence of our uniqueness and individuality. Are not these same faults often the saviours of our character?”
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:13 am

Helen54 wrote:Helen joined DeeKay at the feasting table, feeling a little guilty for his choking on his wine.

“I’m sorry DeeKay, I hope my saying did not cause you too much discomfort. It was very wicked of me, but I must confess I did very much enjoy your reaction!” She laughed and so did DeeKay.

‘DeeKay must have known the risk he took bringing me to such an occasion’ she was musing; it was then she felt a tugging on her skirt.

She glanced down to see a small child with the face of a Botticelli angel gazing up at her. His eyes were wide with excitement and he proclaimed loudly and clearly for all those nearby to hear

“There’s a mare in the stable and she has a baby foal and it came out her bottom!”

The conversation around them froze and Helen tried very hard not to make eye contact with any of the adults trying to stifle their laughter, in case she too laughed at this beautiful child who privileged her with his news.

She crouched down to his level and said in genuine excitement

“How wonderful! Do you think your Mother and Father would allow you to show me?”

“I’ll ask Mama!” the boy called as he weaved through the crowded room looking for his mother.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:13 am

Gawain59 wrote:Gawain smiled and nodded as Brianna spoke to him.

"Thank you for the compliment. I hope I shall enjoy myself this evening."

Gawain noticed that Arthur and Lynna had entered the room, so after ordering a drink from the bar, he took it and followed Brianna to where his friends stood.

"Merry Christomas, Arthur and Lynna. Its nice to see you again."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next