Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chester Medal Awards

3 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Chester Medal Awards - Page 2 Empty Re: Chester Medal Awards

Post  Admin Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:14 pm

Cecilywolfe wrote:Cecily pushed the hood of her crimson cloak back from her head as she entered the grand hall. A long day at the courthouse had her rushing to get here in time.

Fires were roaring in the giant hearths at either side of the room, but had done little to shake the chill. Just as well, it will warm up fast once the guests arrive... Everybody's hard work was evident, the hall looked amazing.

The black silk of her gown shimmering softly in the glowing candlelight, she grabbed a glass of Bordeaux and set off to greet the other early arrivals.

"Why Stone, aren't you looking dapper this evening?" she dipped into a slight curtsy, a smirk dancing just beneath her solemn expression.

Chester Medal Awards - Page 2 CecilyViscountess

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

http://rkalternative.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Bloodstone wrote:As people began to arrive, Stone moved around the crowd, meeting and greeting, talking with old friends, and making new.

The music coming from the Gallery added a nice backdrop to the event, one that seemed to be be moving from a potential pomp and ceremony event to one of subdued celebration. To honoring those that served, many of them in the room, with a nice party.

Looking around, he saw some porters with wine but, not the expected large stocks of ale and spirits he expected for a gathering like this.

Seeing his friend Cecily enter the room, he moved over to her and greeted her. While she tried her best to hide it, her smirk spoke volumes about her mood, and what kind of night this would turn out to be.

"Good Evening m'lady, I trust you are well", he began with a bow "You look very nice in that dress. How go things in the Court ? I hear rumblings from those that come and go but, nothing concrete...."

Chester Medal Awards - Page 2 Stone1copy

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MackenzieGael Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:14 pm

After getting Razinoth and adancingfool back on the path and heading in the direction Mackenzie set out at a trot for Chester Castle. Laughing she shook her head in amusement at the two drunkards. It'd taken forever to get them back on the road, to pry the bottle out of their hands and make them promise to drink no more until they were at the castle.

Kicking her great black steed into a gallop they came into town quickly. She eyed the throng of people in front of the courthouse and slowed. They must be in recess again. Spying Aidazand, whom she'd promised to show to the celebration she nudged Crusher forward.

"Good evening Sir!" She smiled down at him. "Since your evening is empty now would you like me to show you the way to the celebration. I hear there's good drink on the way!"

Chester Medal Awards - Page 2 Signature1
MackenzieGael
MackenzieGael
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

---fromENAlgernon wrote:The coach approached the venue, led by majestic team of horses, with two teamsters on board. One disembarked, to be handed a shillelagh by the other. He then approached the door, bowing low having opened it. The shillelagh, finely crafted in the Shillelagh forest of oak in County Wicklow was then extended, and the gloved hand of His Royal Highness now grasped it. He prayed it would not again ever see combat, as those honored here had seen. Too many saw bleeding...

Striking the ground with a force that could be heard to reverberate, His Royal Highness, the Prince Regent of England, now prepared to disembark, guided under one arm now by the teamster. 'How fitting,' he thought, 'that this fabled weapon of an ancient martial arts should have one end filled with molten lead, for those here to be yet honored have all braved a volcanic forge. Let no one swallow the wick in England anymore.' He knelt and prayed before proceeding...

Chester Medal Awards - Page 2 Algy1-1

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:52 pm

Trixie_belle wrote:Trixiebelle couldn't believe how late she was, she wanted to go earlier to help clean up. Rushing up the road to the castle, she stopped in her tracks to see Raz and Adancingfool having tangled with a tree .. the tree won, but considering their ... cheerful state, she wasn't sure they had noticed.

Trixiebelle walked over with a gleeful grin, Hello Gentlemen, Can I help?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecilywolfe Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:54 pm

Cecilywolfe wrote:Taking Stone's arm, they began to stroll around the hall.

"Court, hmm, at this point it is more spectacle than trial." She nodded a greeting to a couple of acquaintances who had just arrived.

"But enough of that, we are here to enjoy the evening." Grabbing a glass of wine from a passing waiter, she handed it to Stone. "Cheers, my friend, to Chester."

Cecilywolfe
Cecilywolfe
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:55 pm

Icy_flames wrote:Seeing the trial was in recess and most people had resorted to attending the awards ceremony, Icy figured it was safe to join the festivities as well. The night air was quite crisp this time of year and he welcomed the chance to get in from the cold. Most of his days have been spent indoor recently due to filing paperwork for the mayors office and with the Bowmen. He retreated to his lodgings to obtain his formal uniform before heading to the grand gala. Hopefully he won't be late for the ceremony.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Elmix wrote:After walking araund the Chester town Elmix couldņ't belive what he saw, he saw saw HRH Algernon. Not too long after that he entered the Grand hall, where he saw people were already gathering. He also saw lots of his friends amongst them and lots of brave knights, Bowmen and citizens of Chester couty he met a lot of times.

Elmix had a look araund the hall and tried to find some people to join here. He spots Cecily talking with Stone and goes to them.Good evening good people! Nice to see you both! How have you been?

Chester Medal Awards - Page 2 KoP_signature_Cumberland

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bloodstone wrote:
Cecilywolfe wrote:"But enough of that, we are here to enjoy the evening." Grabbing a glass of wine from a passing waiter, she handed it to Stone. "Cheers, my friend, to Chester."

"To Chester indeed!", he intones, clinking glasses with Cecily.

Moving about he points out that the Regent had arrived, the one person he was waiting for before starting the proceedings as no word had come from Cumberland in regards to Cat and Degas.

"Lets go pay our respects to the Regent. It is a great honor he pays us in attending me thinks."

But first, I need to take this robe off. It is very, very hot.

Chester Medal Awards - Page 2 Stone1copyChester Medal Awards - Page 2 48739823948b57d19e6efe

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Cruzincat wrote:Following shortly behind the Regent's arrival, Lady Cat and Prince Degas pull up in the family carriage. Her husband steps out of the carriage and turns extending his hand for her. Taking his hand she steps down into his arms. Kissing his cheek she says "This will be a great event!"

Entering the great hall, they take in all the sights and decorations. Noticing the large fireplaces blazing, she thinks she will need to warm herself by one before too long. Handing her cloak to the servant who greeted them she feels a bit of a chill as she removes it.

Taking her husbands arm they wander around saying hello to old friends and chatting a little with each one. It's so good to see everyone again. Spotting Bloodstone she suggests that they go let him know they that they have arrived.

Chester Medal Awards - Page 2 LadyCruzinCatBanner06Chester Medal Awards - Page 2 201148076448b64be56e691

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Icy_flames wrote:Ahh, the Degas carriage has arrived. It will be good to seem them once again. Icy makes his way into the ball room to warm himself from the chill outside. He notices Elmix in the crowd with Cecily and Bloodstone and made his way over to them to say Hello. It had been awhile since had a chance to talk to him since he left to go to Cumberland.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

---fromENSmeulders wrote:Smeulders was rather impressed by the guests at the castle. He walked around and made a little smal talk with some of the other bowmen, waiting for the ceremony to begin.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecilywolfe Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:56 pm

Cecilywolfe wrote:
But first, I need to take this robe off. It is very, very hot.

She held his glass as he removed his robe and threw it over the back of a chair then she shrugged out of her own cloak and tossed it on top. The hall was filling up, although she noted with dismay that the cart with the kegs had yet to arrive.

"Elmix!" she exclaimed, squeezing his hand. "So good to see you. We will catch up in a minute. Stone and I were just on our way to pay our respects to the Regent." She looped her arm back through Stone's, the two making their way to the double doors where HRH Algernon had just entered.

"Your Highness," she curtsied before him. "It is a pleasure to finally make your acquaintance."

Cecilywolfe
Cecilywolfe
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:56 pm

---fromENRazinoth wrote:Sobering up enough to get the cart pointed in the right direction Raz and ADF merrily arrived at the party. Traveling around the back they both slipped unnoticed threw the back door. Giggling they rolled the barrels in and opened another one. Now the party can get in full swing!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:56 pm

Elmix wrote:After greeting with Cecily and Stone, they both went to greet HRH Algernon, this was realy understandable, then Elmix saw Icy coming to them, so he had a chance to have a talk with him, cuz it has realy been a while now.

Chester Medal Awards - Page 2 KoP_signature_Cumberland

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:57 pm

---fromENAlgernon wrote:'My very dear Sir Stone, and Lady Cecily Wolfe Rackham, our heart swells with joy to finally meet ye both in person for correspondence, on which we seems to have a diet, is most impersonal.' The Prince grinned widely, broadcasting his genuine joy to meet and greet the pair. Producing from his pocket a flask, he declared, 'An' if, my dear Cecily Wolfe Rackham, your husband has not yet shared what brandy he some time ago stole from us -

Do please help yourself. It is delightful.' He winked with a grin.

Chester Medal Awards - Page 2 Algy1-1

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

---fromENblakekc wrote:Blakekc arrives up to the castle in the best dress that he has, which appears to be filthy rags compared to the elegant prescence of the many distinquished guests that are present. Humbly approching the entrance, Blake hopes to see a few known friends and maybe even meet a few new friends.

As Blake walks into the door, he immedietely looks for the few people that he knows. He spots Cecily and Mac from across the room, but wanders around, not sure how to approach them. (considering the recent events in the court room).

Lookin around the room futher, Blake seeks to find some fellow Bowman to get better acquainted with.

Chester Medal Awards - Page 2 BlakeDukeHappySigned

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:27 pm; edited 2 times in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Icy_flames wrote:Icy greets Elmix with a hearty handshake.

I hope the new county hasnt treated too harshly.. I would think there is a lot of work setting up a militia.

Icy could see in his eyes that he was concerned about the possibility of the NNGO moving into Cumberland.

Do you need anything while you are intown?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecilywolfe Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:57 pm

Cecilywolfe wrote:"Your Highness, perhaps you should save the remainder of your supply for yourself" she pressed the flask in Algernon's outstretched hand back to him.

A smile played on her lips as memory of a certain night in the woods between Beeston and Chester flashed through her mind. "We do so appreciate your taking the time to come to Chester. If there is anything we can do to make your visit more enjoyable, you must let us know."

A loud crash and a fit of laugher reached her ears from the back entrance.

"If you will excuse me..."

She curtsied again to the prince before hurrying off to check on the drunkards rolling the kegs in.

Cecilywolfe
Cecilywolfe
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:09 pm

Cecilywolfe wrote:"Your Highness, perhaps you should save the remainder of your supply for yourself" she pressed the flask in Algernon's outstretched hand back to him.

A smile played on her lips as memory of a certain night in the woods between Beeston and Chester flashed through her mind. "We do so appreciate your taking the time to come to Chester. If there is anything we can do to make your visit more enjoyable, you must let us know."

A loud crash and a fit of laugher reached her ears from the back entrance.

"If you will excuse me..."

She curtsied again to the prince before hurrying off to check on the drunkards rolling the kegs in.

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MackenzieGael Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:09 pm

"Ahh good sir! I know personally the party has good drinks as I helped the booze wagon about a quarter a mile ago get back on the road. They'd hit a tree, don't ask! Here's a small sample I snagged."
She tossed a small flask to Aida laughing.
"That's some Scotch Whiskey that must be aged at least 10 years now. It's good! The celebration we're going to is in honor of those who fought for Chester a month ago. They are to receive awards tonight and then we've planned a fine party afterwards, complete with good food and dancing and music. I hear everyone will be there. Would you like a ride up the hill to the castle as I'm sure the party's starting to get in full swing?" She held her hand down for him if he so wanted.

MackenzieGael
MackenzieGael
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:09 pm

---fromENAidazand wrote:"thanks a load for the head start"
taking back a gulp and sending him in a fit of cough
Aidazand proclaims "from the topeth the world to the bottom o me flask my sajan kiss my the grass, pardon me mac with whiskey comes a bit of a loud mouth "

Aidazand belts a loud chuckle and reaches for mac's hand

"mac i must confess these horses are no friend of mine i always seem to by the crazy, one once a month those darn things run away from me not to mention the last one was plum mad! he bucked and bolted never listening to a word why once he ran clear to worcester thru every gully along the way..... after that one i swore to take the safe way by foot when its possiable "

"lets get on with this i hope your beast is better than he last few i have delt with "

Chester Medal Awards - Page 2 Aidafaded-1

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:10 pm

Jenibelle wrote:Heregrim held out his hand as he opened the door. Tonight was a night for celebrating the heroes of Chester were being honored and Heregrim had gladly supported Jen as their public face, but she had believed something different. He smiled at the debate that had raged and the curses that would make a drunk sailor blush as she put on her dress. He had lucked out doning a simple green jerken and cloak and had slipped outside to finish the evening chores. In the end she had been brushing dirt off of his pants the entire way and had told him in no uncertain terms that he would enjoy himself. It wasn't worth arguing.

Jen grasped his hand as they walked up to the castle for the dance and reception. Her head shook lightly as her eyes watched him in a side long glance. "I know you don't like the lime light ... but the dancing will be fun. And you get to see me in a stunning dress." She teased gently as her hand squeezed his lightly. It was always warm against hers as he held hers.

"I guess you are right." Heregrim confessed, "Though these fancy formal dances aren't exactly my idea of a great time." He glanced around as they walked inside and immediately he felt underdressed. "I am not made for this." he muttered before turning and smiling at Jen, "You are the other hand are the most beautiful woman in the world."

"You are made for this ... you just ... don't know it yet." She blushed as she smiled at him. Her lips lightly pressed to his shoulder as they passed through a shadow of the castle. She enjoyed the moment of solitude. Even though it was fleeting. "And you wouldnt be feeling so uncomfortable if you had worn what I suggested, moi chulse." She whispered in his ear before pulling back to a respectful distance.

"Probably my love, but then I would feel like a puffed turkey." Heregrim gave her a smile, "I am a man of simple stock. That wont change no matter what they give me and I wouldn't change it for the world." Reaching out he grasped her hand as they walked, "But I wouldn't pass up a moment of taking you out on the dance floor."

"You'll dance? You never dance?" Jen's voice was excited as the bright lights of the hall came into view. Her hand squeezed his slightly.

"For you I will do anything." Heregrim smiled, "Even if that means..." he mock shuttered, "Dancing. Lets not even bring up the public or that it is formal."

"But the band is good .... I saw to that myself." Jen smiled as she turned and lightly lead him down the hall while walking backwards. "Keep your eyes on me and you'll never know that you are in ... public." She whispered the last of it before she laughed slightly.

Heregrim laughed, "And you remember that it is the man that leads." The sound of his stomach rumbling filled his ears, "Speaking of dancing, when do we feast?"

"After the ceremony ...." She laughed as they entered the main room.

Heregrim stifled a groan and glanced around the room looking for friends and a place to hide. "I am not ready for this!" he murmured.

Written with Grim

Chester Medal Awards - Page 2 JenibelleLugh

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MackenzieGael Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:10 pm

"No problem! I have another bottle." She pats the satchel slung over Crusher's withers "Actually a couple more bottles because that stuff was good, and no worries, Crusher is sturdy, sound and battle trained. He doesn't get jumpy and obeys by command."

Laughing as Aida cautiously swings up behind her she is tempted to kick Crusher into a gallop, but refrains out of respect. They approach the castle which glitters with light and the soft sounds of music floats through the air. She can smell the delicious scent of the roasting pig mixed with alcohol and the soft murmur of voices within.

"I guess the drunkards got here with the rest of the booze." She remarked pulling the horse to a stop under the tree and wondering briefly who should dismount first.

MackenzieGael
MackenzieGael
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:10 pm

---fromENAidazand wrote:leaping from the beast as if it were for his life Aidazand waste no time

"come ma lady i think were tardy" lending a hand of service

"i smell something good lets go there first" "say who do you think is here it looks like royal guard over there"

Aidazand thinks about some recent letters and the oddfellows who sent them.... he is quite curious if the author of this letter would be within

Chester Medal Awards - Page 2 Aidafaded-1

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next