Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chester Medal Awards

3 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Chester Medal Awards - Page 5 Empty Re: Chester Medal Awards

Post  Admin Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:49 pm

Fugue wrote:Fugue frowns. Someone is talking rather too loudly. It's distracting.

She glances toward the back of the room, but can't see who it is. Perhaps the talker doesn't realize the importance of what is happening here.

Well, no sense in letting someone else ruin this for me. I'll try to ignore it and pay attention.

Chester Medal Awards - Page 5 DeeBannerChester Medal Awards - Page 5 62509593448d67881bff36

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

http://rkalternative.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

---fromENRazinoth wrote:Knowing he will never have this chance again. Raz wades through the crowd and awaits untill the Regent is free. Seeing his chance he walks up to his Regent and greets him warmly. Sir good to see you. My name is Razinoth. I dont want to take up your time but i just want to say welcome to Chester county. Good to see you sir! Bowing respectfully, Raz turns and backs away to let others have their chance.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tasite wrote:After listening to the His Royal Highness's speech... Tasite look around the room to see Fa and Lydia speaking with each other. Glad to see some more people she know.. Moving closer to them she taps Fa and Lydia on the shoulder. "Hello you two."

Chester Medal Awards - Page 5 Mingcopy

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bloodstone wrote:Moving to stand next to the Regent, and offer a hand if needed, Stone looks over to Cecily and the others of the Award Committee.

"Now, I would like to begin the process of the bestowing of the honors. The first group of awards will be presented to those that gave their lives in battle for England and Chester."

Looking to the Regent,

"Your Highness, in light of the wonderful news you have shared with us this day, would you do the honor of present this first award to our friend, Richard Morgan Degas ?"

Chester Medal Awards - Page 5 ChesterDefenderDiedWhite

Chester Medal Awards - Page 5 Stone1copyChester Medal Awards - Page 5 48739823948b57d19e6efe

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:12 pm

---fromENAlgernon wrote:Turning to Stone, His Royal Highness replied -'My very dear Sir Stone, it would indeed be certainly very much our pleasure to present His Royal Highness with this medal. We would find it an honor to present His Royal Highness this medal, and we do hope and pray that you would also permit us that honor to present also this medal to you. For the prior Regent and former Duke both were grievously wounded in the defense of their land and in service to the nation.'

Turning again to face now the crowd assembled, His Royal Highness, the Prince Regent in a far more loud and booming voice now spoke. 'We call upon His Royal Highness, and thy former Duke, the courageous and honorable Sir Stone, to please step forward so that thy Prince may present thee with these medals, medals of honor to the most grievously wounded and even slain in War. For here there be two who faced precisely what they had asked of others.

'Your Royal Highness, my Prince

'My very dear friend, Sir Stone

'These honors by right are now yours.'

Chester Medal Awards - Page 5 Algy1-1

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Icy_flames wrote:Icy signals to all the Chester Bowmen in attendance to salute as each award is given.

Salute Richard Morgan Degas!

Salute Bloodstone!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Gourounisios wrote:George noticed Fa and Tasite sitting with Lydia and walked towards them. They were in the same squad in Stafford waiting for Kulles' division

"Hello Fa, it's been a long time..." then turning to Lady Tas
"How are you M'lady? I haven't seen the General yet"

He smiled at Lydia "You were in such a hurry Lady Lydia, I thought for a moment that you were trying to escape from someone"

He searched the room looking for a waiter "I could really use a drink, I'm so thirsty"

Chester Medal Awards - Page 5 Gour_1_newChester Medal Awards - Page 5 165142704448b503a31ad72

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:13 pm

Trixie_belle wrote:Trixiebelle straights to attention, saluting as the awards are given.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Boleslaw wrote:Boleslaw likewise stands to attention, poised to salute those to be honoured.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bloodstone wrote://OOC: There is an OOC thread for this event http://forum.renaissancekingdoms.com/viewtopic.php?t=56290
please feel free to read and use it for more information and a full listing of the medal recipients.

Bowing deeply before his Regent, Bloodstone takes the proffered medal, and pins it to his breast.

"Thank You, Your Highness.... and, in kind, I take great pleasure in presenting you, Your Highness, with the awards for the Defense and Liberation of Chester for your support of our efforts and, for rallying England to our Cause.

Chester Medal Awards - Page 5 ChesterDefender-
Chester Medal Awards - Page 5 ChesterLiberator-
Long Live Chester, Long Live England!!!"

Chester Medal Awards - Page 5 Stone1copyChester Medal Awards - Page 5 48739823948b57d19e6efe

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Elmix wrote:Elmix was standing with others and also saluted when each award was given.

Chester Medal Awards - Page 5 KoP_signature_Cumberland

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

---fromENAlgernon wrote:Blood rose to color the Prince Regent's weatherbeaten face, who stood with his brow now furrowed and with tears cascading down his face. By this great and extraordinary gesture, he was nothing short of amazed. Of all his honors...

Of all his honors, it would be this one, of these medals, that he knew would prompt tears again to his eyes every time he would view their display case. So many suffered, so many bled, and all he tried for the nation was securing peace...

'My very dear Stone,' he choked. 'I do not know what to say' He looked towards Stone with glistening eyes as streamlets adorned the crows feet surrounding his eyes. He felt so touched and moved by the display. He wept openly...

For several minutes, he bowed his head and wept. He then turned with his face contorted

'The Lions of the nation roared,' he yelled. 'Yet the Lions also wept'

'They have wept as we weep now, touched by kindness, generosity, camaraderie, community. So moved are we by the loving hands of others, thy Prince Regent openly weeps, for here we are, we are neighbors. We are family...

'We have built communities of people who care for one another. We have struggled by one another's side to each lift up the other. We have worked without complaint, without expectation of reward, only for but the love of each other...

'When we found ourselves in a Regency campaign, we declared it time for nation to be congregation again. Yet, there was always this sense of true community. There was always this camaraderie. We have always been for all a family...

'The nation was a congregation then, and the nation is a congregation today! Let us extend to one another thy helping hand. Cooperatively we continue that transformative process through which our spiritual healing may begin.

'Let us lend each other that reassuring and guiding hand, guiding us towards the Sun. It is those other species that love themselves. It is human to love one another yet and Jah. We need only but expel the beast desiring harm

'We pray for healing forces of the Most High to yet envelop the land and lead us to Light, as we tread barefoot that rocky path towards the healing stream of redemption. No one honored today sought War, but fought for Love instead.

'My very dear friend, we thank thee forrecognition implicit in this gift, and weep for war torn days that sadly forged it. How sad, how horrible indeed it is that we may forever see the spiritually damaged find joys in the harm of others yet.

'We weep, dear friend.'

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ldymorningstern wrote:Shaking her head slightly and smiling a small smile, then letting the issue rest, she realizes her boss is another one who likes to keep things inside.
Its funny about men, she's come to realize.
They are certainly not made the same as women...
She has sooo much to learn about that subject yet.
Tasite's shoulder tap comes just in time.
Lady Ming always has such exquisite timing.
Lyds turns and immediately hugs her friend and once commander.

Ohh, Tas!! she closes her eyes and hugs her real tight!
I have missed you sooo VERY much!!!
As she releases the Capt. she hears Sir Bruce's voice greeting the others.
On first instinct, Lydia wants to whirl around, but stops herself and decides to slooowly, caaaasually, turn in his direction.
Their eyes meet.
Sweetest smile.
So glad he found her...er...them.
She blushes at her own silliness while hoping he doesn't have some kind of magic powers and can read her thoughts.
"You were in such a hurry Lady Lydia, I thought for a moment that you were trying to escape from someone."
She lowers her eyes shyly, I sincerely apologize m'lord, curtsies respectfully, not knowing what else to do, since she had just seriously realized that she is now consciously addressing him out of uniform. She should really remember her station.
Escape, Sire? I dost nay believe I hadst a choice. I was ushered so hastily. I didst not mean to leave you, Sir.
I suppose the servants were concerned about my health, so I wouldst not catch serious illness, seeing that mighty winds whip around these parts.

Hoping he heard her, she comes out of the curtsy and blinks at him most innocent.
One step brings her closer.
She leans in slightly, near his ear.
Did she remember to wear perfume?
Lowers her voice.

And if I ever wouldst think of escape, it most certainly wouldst not be from thou, your Lordship.
She searches his eyes a moment, then... if per chance thou wast considering such an act of my person...?
Thou hast been very kind and selfless toward me, your Lordship.
I owe you gratitude, not desertion.

She hopes he won't misunderstand, and can feel her cheeks burn hot and blush the most crimson of reds.
Luckily it all blends in with the dress, she's sure - ? -
Hesitating...perhaps hoping...for a reply she knew would never come, she now realizes the Regent is about to speak.
Giving here warmest smile to the Lieutenant, and turning to kiss Tasite on the cheek one more time, she whispers
We should all probably pay attention to the ceremony now, she motions, for everyone in her company, to face the podium where the commemoration has begun and is really taking place now. One should give credence to such important matters.
They can always continue their talks later.
She seats herself again, having one of the gentlemen pull a chair for Tas as well. She remains attentive to the speaker(s) sits quietly and solumly, sometimes caressing her mug, and tilts her lille head very attentively from time to time whilst listening to her good, ever so patient and understanding friend Algernon...*sighs*...the Regent.
Whatever happened to the days of him drinking a fine scotch and her sipping up his apple korn while lounging on the chaise in his den...
Lydia's eyes dampen seriously and then basically well over on parts of his speech.

...Stood ye yet against steel, against blades, against horror. You stood!
.....You squarely stared death in the face.
We treasure he, who was the first to fall...He who first faced the sword to save us all
Yes, she can still recall that dreadful day when she had been informed of it.
*her hand instinctively goes to the her side, checking for the dagger, then realizing, a bit clammy, that she has no weapons*
When that mighty sense of incredulousness had overwhelmed her.
So good to know he survived! It was sooo touch and go for a while.

She looks over to her good friend Degas, with tears in her eyes, and gives a smile as she sees Cat's eyes light up when she has realized they now really own a castle. Something solid she can raise her family in.
Where is that darn hanky...she fumbles inside her dress...oh noh, she must have stuffed it and left it in her coat...
The former Duke, BloodStone, is speaking now. She hadn't realized that he wasn't the Duke anymore. Things change too fast sometimes.
Medals are being given out now...she applauds where appropriate and sees the emotion in her friends face(s) and so wishes she had her hankerchief as she wipes the tears with the backs of her hands.

Chester Medal Awards - Page 5 Baptism--lydiassiggywithmedallionChester Medal Awards - Page 5 3919302048f77c1ee619c

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tasite wrote:"Hello Gourounisios, and how are you?" Me I'm great thank you for asking. The General was here somewhere but knowing him he working again, she said giggling.

Chester Medal Awards - Page 5 Mingcopy

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Elson88 wrote:Walk close to his belove wife, lady Tasite. He greet eveyone that he meet

"Hello, may god bless you. How are you guy getting on."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Moonfaerie wrote:Having arrived late to Chester, Inanna crept into the hall just after the ceremony had started and stood quietly at the back watching the presentations. She kept her cloak wrapped tightly around her, and one eye on the door. She recognized many faces, and would probably know even more if she had a way of telling the names of the illustrious gatherered here, but her attention was on the dias at the end of the great hall. The man on the left she knew, despite the fact Lord Bloodstone, was certainly not dressed as she had last seen him. The man who was obviously overcome by emotion appeared by his dress and stature to be the Regent, though it was difficult to hear what the man was saying. Despite the fact this man was their chosen leader, many were disrespectfully chatting away oblivious to the honour his presence accord them. She smirked inwardly. "And those who behave thus refer to themselves as nobles...pathetic."

To be honest, now that she was here, she wasn't sure why she attended. She had come to Chester to be on hand in case Grendell's trial got ugly, and it was purely curiousity that drew her to the hall this evening. The Wolves had been quite an intricate part of the story of Chester, but from what she had seen, it appeared that Chester was choosing to ignore that. When history is written by the victors, it's amazing how the story can change. Still the evening wasn't over and she was quite prepared for any reaction should she be recognized. Until then, she stood quietly and listened.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:14 pm

Elson88 wrote:Gen Elson notice that some of his men are talking while the ceremony is going on.

He signal them to keep quite and pay attention

"This is an official ceremony, I appreciated it if you could show some respect to the county and organiser"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Cruzincat wrote:Coming to her senses she realizes that she has the list of award recipients. Leaving her husbands side she makes her way to the podium. Giving Prince Regent Algernon a weak smile feeling his emotion as tears well up in her eyes too. Remembering all that she went thru when the then Regent, her husband was the first to be struck down that fateful day.

Looking into the Regents tear filled eyes, she hands him the list of all those who suffered and fought to protect Chester and helped in the liberation in the Chester Conflict.

There are so many others that are not on this list. So many had a helpful hand in Chester during that time. She wishes everyone could get an award, they all deserve it for they stood strong and faithful to Mother England during that time of conflict and struggle to regain our beloved county.

Official List
CruzinCat wrote:

Awards Recipients

Defenders and Liberators:
Degas (Regent) - Defender (1st to die)
Bloodstone (Duke) - Defender (died)
Starkey - (KoP) Defender (died)
Adamanteus - defender (died)
Razinoth - Defender (died)
Angelous - Defender (died)
Quangx - Defender (died)
Burnttrees - Defender (died)

Alexandrine - Defender
Vitriol - Defender
Alburt - Defender
Krovian - Defender/Liberator

NEA/KoP Defenders/Liberators:
Weak_john - Defender/Liberator
Zerostar - Defender
Elson88 - Defender
Knightkiller - Defender
Storal - Defender
Vayle_rin - Defender
Ldymorningstern - Defender
Elmix - Defender
Fa shi shu - Defender
Tasite - Defender
Decus_amor - Defender
Drixi - Defender
AIsafe - Defender
Gourounisious - Defender
Chris Braveheart - Liberator
Kulles - Defender
Collen - Defender

Liberators:
CruzinCat - Liberator
TheSnowMan - Liberator
Cecilywolfe - Liberator
Amarth - Liberator
Miniphoenix - Liberator
CntryGuy- Liberator
Brunttrees - Liberator
Adancingfool - Liberator
Zanderz - Liberator
Sonnie - Liberator
Antblitz - Liberator
Whale - Liberator
Gerak - Liberator
Shanor - Liberator
Helius - Liberator
Trixie_Belle - Liberator
Venom68 - Liberator
Xochitl - Liberator
Lorudce - Liberator
Harekr - Liberator
Tiffanyotf - Liberator
Jenibelle - Liberator
Heregrim - Liberator
Smeulders - Liberator
Boleslaw - Liberator

People who traveled to help but either arrived late or couldn't help for whatever reason.
KoffieSchaap - Traveled to help, did not defend or liberate
Jertydo - Traveled to help, did not defend or liberate
Protectorate - Traveled to help, did not defend or liberate
Alakius - Traveled to help, did not defend or liberate

The Medals

Defender (died)
Chester Medal Awards - Page 5 ChesterDefenderDiedWhite
https://2img.net/h/i160.photobucket.com/albums/t171/CruzinCat/ChesterDefenderDiedWhite.jpg

Defender
Chester Medal Awards - Page 5 ChesterDefender-
https://2img.net/h/i160.photobucket.com/albums/t171/CruzinCat/ChesterDefender-.jpg

Liberator
Chester Medal Awards - Page 5 ChesterLiberator-
https://2img.net/h/i160.photobucket.com/albums/t171/CruzinCat/ChesterLiberator-.jpg

Chester Medal Awards - Page 5 LadyCruzinCatBanner06Chester Medal Awards - Page 5 201148076448b64be56e691

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

---fromENAlgernon wrote:His Royal Highness accepts the list with a gentle kiss to Lady Cat's forehead, following her smile with his. Turning now to Sir Stone, with the scroll in his hand, he asks 'Should ye, my dear friend, do the honors?'

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:11 pm

Shifting from one foot to another, Mackenzie looks around, her gaze shifting from the Regent, to Bloodstone to Cecily. The ceremony had been silent for the last couple of minutes and she wonders if it's over? Reaching out she grabs a couple of grapes from the table and pops one in her mouth, waiting. The ceremony so far had been beautiful, the words spoken magnificent.

Chester Medal Awards - Page 5 Signature1Chester Medal Awards - Page 5 108691702748b4d9470833c

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bloodstone wrote:
Algernon wrote:His Royal Highness accepts the list with a gentle kiss to Lady Cat's forehead, following her smile with his. Turning now to Sir Stone, with the scroll in his hand, he asks 'Should ye, my dear friend, do the honors?'

"Your Highness, it is my honor to do so."

Turning to the Assembly, Stone begins to read the names as listed above, pausing long enough to see if the person is in the room, or away.

After the list is completed, he turns to those in the hall with a grin.

"Friends, now that we are done with the formalities, care to join me in a drink ?? We are done with the formalities."

Chester Medal Awards - Page 5 Stone1copy

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Icy_flames wrote:One last Salute for the honored.

Salute!

Icy picks up two glasses and heads over to Bloodstone to congratulate him personally.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Moonfaerie wrote:The ceremony being finished, Inanna moved away from her corner and found herself a glass of red wine. She drank deeply as her eyes ever scanning the room for signs of trouble and was pleased to see that most people were too absorbed in their own conversations to notice her. "Probably for the best, I've found what I came for now."

She quickly drank back her wine and turned to go...then hesitated. She stopped and stared at the crowd gathered, honestly looking from face to face, she wondered really who they all were...and if any of them had been at the other end of her sword at the start of battle, or had even known of her involvement at the end of it. So many names that would be known throughout the kingdom gatherered here and she didn't have any way of recognizing one from the other here, any more than she could have done at the time of the Chester Blocus. She sighed, trying to keep her mind from dwelling on those dark days. Besides, it didn't matter now anyhow. If nothing else this had all proved that life goes on...

She turned back to the barkeep and grinned as she ordered another. "Perhaps just another glass or two to raise my mood, then I'll be on my way..."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MackenzieGael Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:12 pm

As the ceremony came to an end, Mackenzie stood tall, saluting with the Chester Bowmen before stepping back in front of everyone. When the noise did not die down she raised her fingers to her lips to whistle again. Miraculously, before she could breathe in deeply the room silenced and faces turned to her.

Smiling brightly she began. "Everyone, please do not leave now that the ceremony is ended, now is time for the party to start! The musicians will begin" she nodded at them in the alcove, "and I hope everyone will join in with the dance and merriment. More drink is being poured and there is still a vast arrangement of food. Please dig in and have fun! The doors are open all night!"

As she stepped down the string quartet began and she was pleased to see people begin to dance. Glancing around she looked for Ceci and Stone but could not find them in the mass of colorful clothing. She did however, see the honorable Duke Aidazand tucked away in a corner, nursing a full glass and absorbing his surroundings. Smiling impishly she stepped off the podium and walked directly to him.

"M'lord, you seem to have taken up position of wallflower, but what a... " she sniffed the air around him, "a good smelling one you are." She raised an eyebrow,gazing up at him with a coy grin and chuckling softly. Reaching out she took his drink from his hand, breathed in it's smell deeply and then downed it with one long swallow. Feeling the alcohol warm her body she absently placed the glass on a table and held our her arm.

"Care to dance m'lord.?"

Chester Medal Awards - Page 5 Signature1
MackenzieGael
MackenzieGael
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:12 pm

---fromENAidazand wrote:Aidazand grins sheepishly looking to the left and right he replied “indeed you must have a nose for the fine pickling of thy drink”
casting back his last swallow Aidazand stood and drew close “why sure M’lady I would be so honored” sliding his glass next to hers on the table he takes her arm leading her to the floor “since were first on the floor let’s move to the middle shall we?”
Turning slowly to face Mac Aidazand tips his hat with a bow of respect he then reached for her right hand placing his right on her hip he draws her close and moves to the center

Chester Medal Awards - Page 5 Aidafaded-1

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next