Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Night In Chester

3 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

One Night In Chester - Page 2 Empty Re: One Night In Chester

Post  Admin Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:06 pm

Elmix

:The Siege of Keswick:.

Heavy Cavalary of Knights of Phoenix rode into Keswick and made their way straight to the town hall. They were riding here as fast as possible as soon they heard the bad news.
On his way here riding by side of his County Commander he saw some who were already fleeing from town, he also spotted Launcelot among the first ones who fled, what a good leader he is Elmix thought, manage to flee the first.

When they get there it seemed that the town has been already retaken, it was relief to hear that.
Most of them were fleeing from Keswick so Elmix and the Heavy Cavalary turend their horses and rode back to Penrith hoping to hunt down some of them.

They finnaly arived at Penrith and it seemed like revolt planning here, so the Heavy Cavalary stood by town hall together with town defenders and were ready to defend the town.

Elmix was sure they will be able to hold the town, he had something very important today, much more then assist to hunt possible enemies, so he reported to his County Commander and headed back to his home. He took his bag he had prepeared some time ago, put there some veggies and bread for some meal, and put his second uniforum in his back. He got to be elegannt ang good looking as possible.

He checked one more time if he had all with him....he almost forgot....the invitation! He opened his chest undr hisbed where he saved most important things and taked the invitation – he realy did not wanted to miss they biges day of one of his best friend Cecily and ex-Duke of Chester, the brave man he was serving to while he was still in Chester.

Going outside he looked at his fields...theywere in good condition and nothing will happen to them. Then he locked his forge and get on his dark horse Durahan and set off for Chester. He realy did hoped he will be able to leave some good time ago. Unfortuantely he get delayed, and was on his way now as fast as possible.

Admin
Admin

http://rkalternative.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:07 pm

The Royal carriage at last arrived, and teamsters disembarked to have opened a door. Beyond the door, there was extended a large hand gloved in white now waiting. Bowing low, one teamster did extend in his arms...

In his arms, he did extend a shillelagh. The hand grasped the weapon and pounded it with violence on the ground. Finally, braced by the weapon of the whiskey dance, did His Royal Highness the Prince exit the majestic vehicle.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fugue

At last the gates of Chester loomed red in the light of the setting sun. Fugue glanced back and to the side at her friends. She had been afraid that such a hard ride might have been difficult, but Bowmen training had put most of them in great physical shape and GQ must have a secret life beyond chambers. What was on that farm of his?

But time for that later. Through the rosy gates into the city they rode, accepting salutes from Bowmen on duty who recognized the party. She barely slowed as she led them through the city; more than anything she did not want to disappoint Cecily and Stone by arriving after everyone else. Approaching the castle, she waved her stablefolk close. We will be going straight in. Please leave any luggage where we dismount, the castle staff will be able to deal with it. After you take care of the horses, enjoy yourselves! Thank you for helping to keep everyone together and getting us here on time. She gave a little salute as she slid to the ground and handed her reins to the head groom.

Turning toward the castle, she saw with relief that their arrival had been noticed. Baroness! At last. I cannot imagine what could have kept you so long ... Merkin's outburst died away as Fugue spoke over him. We are here now. I expect that rooms have been made ready for everyone. I should appreciate some assistance dressing, as might the other ladies and perhaps the gentlemen. She looked over her shoulder at the bustle of dismounting, and unloading. There was some discreet shaking out of cramped legs. I hope that you have enough hot water prepared for the baths that will be needed.

Fugue turned back to Merkin and blanched as she saw who was approaching her from behind him. Mrs. Jones! I ... I did not expect to see you here. I trust that you are doing well. Quite well, thank you, my Lady. If you will come with me, I have your bath drawn, the stern-looking woman smiled, I prepared it myself. The smile softened the thin face; Mrs. Jones looked happy!

Merkin's chirping voice behind her came to her ears. Madame, here, please! We have your chamber prepared! ... oh bother, Sir! Sir! A man will be coming to be valet! But sir! Fugue stifled a giggle. All would be well. She waved to GQ, who looked a bit bewildered and gave a wink to signal her amusement. Mrs. Jones, I am sure that we understand each other. Please, let us go in! She followed the upright figure into the castle.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

TrixieBelle

Trixiebelle smoothed the fabric of the soft blue dress, smiling as she rode towards the party. She looked forward to a night spent with friends

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:08 pm

ReefMcScmokin

Reef and Slater arrive with Fugue and her entourage. Slater quietly disapears inside. Reef stands outside the door and takes a deep breath. I truely love this city, he thought to himself with a smile. He then proceeds inside to seek his accommodations.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fugue wrote:
Merkin's chirping voice behind her came to her ears. Madame, here, please! We have your chamber prepared! ... oh bother, Sir! Sir! A man will be coming to be valet! But sir! Fugue stifled a giggle. All would be well. She waved to GQ, who looked a bit bewildered and gave a wink to signal her amusement. Mrs. Jones, I am sure that we understand each other. Please, let us go in! She followed the upright figure into the castle.

GQ fumbled with his luggage as he tried to unload it from the cart. He had come along way from the table in his home. The large walls of the castle lumed around him. He had never seen such a site before. Torches lit the windows and walk ways. His eyes were unable to take in all of the sights.

...oh bother, Sir! Sir! A man will be coming to be valet! But sir!

GQ looked around, a womans voice seems to be shouting in his direction. He turned around and watched as a small army of people started to remove the luggage and move it into the castle. A woman on the stairs was standing with the Judge. She seemed to be pointing at him.

Another man tried to take GQ's bag, but he would have none of that.

" I am sorry sir, but I will take that to your room" the young man said.

"Nonsense, I am perfectly able to" GQ responded. After a second thought GQ leaned in close to the young man.

" Where exactly would I find my room..." he whispered to the young man.

" Follow me sir" the young man turned, rolled his eyes,and led GQ into the castle.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Gillianholroyd

Posted: 08 May 2008 21:09 Post subject:
Gillian was glad indeed to see Chester Castle, and even more glad to see Mother Maggie arrived unharmed.

As Boleslaw was whisked away to Gillian-knew-not-where, Maggie hustled Gil up to her assigned room. "Dear, you are almost late! Hurry!"

Soon Gillian was cleaned, groomed, and back in a certain blue dress--still the only truly good dress she had--and ready for whatever the evening might bring.

Boleslaw soon called for her--Gillian caught her breath in admiration when she saw him--and they walked down to the Great Hall together.

Edited to get us down to the gathering, since our hostess is already there.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:09 pm

Blacke KC

Blake walks down the streets of Chester heading toward the Castle. He knew these streets well, after all, he had been in Chester Capital for quite a long time. Cutting back down the back streets, as to avoid others on the way, Blake was pacing more of a late night stroll on his way to such an exciting event.

He was dressed in his his Bowmen uniform. He was on duty on this night, but he knew that Reef would be at the castle and could help take care of any Bowmen issues that may need to be handled. Tonight, for Blake, wasn't about anything other than seeing the joy on his friend's faces as she stands with the man she had once called only a dear friend for so long and from now on will proudly call him, her lover and friend.

Strolling down the back streets, Blake smiles as he looks up to the stars on such a beautiful night. He thinks of when he first came to Beeston in his younger days. Cecily was the first person that he met. He had went into the tavern and she showed so much care for him that she never had to express. He knew from the time he first spoke with her, that she was special, that she was genuine. Since those first days, he had come to know Cecily much better. For a long time, he couldn't imagine any man that, in his eyes, that was good enough for her. She deserved to be with someone just as honorable as she was. Little did he know, the best man for her was right their with her all along.

As he approaches the castle, he moves around the side to sneak up to the main entrance. Blake didn't want to be seen by too many people tonight. He had hoped to just see Cecily and Bloodstone on their night, to show his support for them. Alot has been happening in Chester, and the strain of many responsibilities was weighing on Blake's mind. He truly needed a night of leisure, away from all that he had been dealing with all week.

Blake walks in the main entrance and sneaks off to the side, hoping to see Cecily and Bloodstone soon.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Floramay

Flora was bustling to finish the shirt she had promised someone and still have time to make a very special dress. The orders are just going to have to wait for now, she sighs under her breath, only Griff there to hear it. He looks up and raises an ear, then rests his head back down on his paw.

One last fitting before packing it in her satchel for the trip, she wonders if it will be befitting such an elegant occasion. If not, it will have to do at this point.

Locking up her shop she hustles down the road to Chester. Would have been a very good idea to be raising horses rather than sheep now, the silly thought nagging at her as she walks.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MackenzieGael Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:09 pm

Mac picked up the length of her skirt as they slowly proceeded down the steps, her eyes darting back and forth between Alli and Cecily. She'd never met the sister from Scotland but was equally inquisitive. It wasn't often she encountered another from her home country and even though she knew Alli was a transplanted Englishwoman ... that was save McMannanan, but since they're last meeting at Willow Bend and her unanswered congratulatory letter when he'd gone into office, she'd heard hide nor hair of the tall burly man. Humph! She stood taller, lifting her chin to walk into the room, pushing those thoughts to the back of her mind. She was determined not to let hurt pride and singed feelings ruin her evening.

"Ooooh..." Her mouth fell open at the sight of the Great Hall. If Merkin had been a mastermind at the design of her dress, he was a pure genius for the transformation of the Great Hall. Huge tapestries hung down the walls, in bright colors of every hue imaginable, and the tall glass windows had been scrubbed until the light streamed in and danced across the floor. Releasing her breath Mac took a moment to look around.
MackenzieGael
MackenzieGael
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

CruzinCat

Having met Degas at the docks in Egremont, Lady Cat rushes to Keswick at the news of a revolt to help the town regain power. They arrive only to moments after town hall was retaken. She sighed at the relief that she felt and knew everything was going to be ok.

Spending the night in the Inn they had a grand time celebrating the victory. Early the next morning they got news that the next target was Penrith, so they quickly packed up and headed home. Cat wondered if they were ever going to be able to make the party as she thought of the invitation she had received.

OOC: Please forgive me if I don't make sense, I'm exhausted and cannot think, I will finish this tomorrow.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Xochitl

Upon arriving at the entrance of the castle with Fugue and GQ, Xo was in awe, it looks like the party would be a lot grander than what she originally thought. Glancing around, she saw some already well-dressed and dolled ladies across the hall. Feeling abit embarrassed at the fact that she's still on her leisure outfits, she quickly excused herself from the group and into the room prepared by Merkin. Not wanting to be late, she got her emerald green waist dress up fast and back to the hall area to meet others.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:10 pm

Fugue

Fugue followed Mrs. Jones's stiff back into the castle, down a hallway and up some stairs. She caught a glimpse of the Beeston ladies through an open door and threw a kiss their way in response to their smiles. Even Fugue knew that she needed a bath and a change into her nicer clothes before she was fit for the party. Aroma de horse was not all that pleasing away from the beasts themselves.

As they entered her assigned room, steamy warmth scented with rose petals and lavendar greeted her. Fugue quirked an eybrow at Mrs. Jones, Margred isn't here? No, your Excellency, she ... no, after we visited you, I recommended to my cousin that he find her a position of her own. The thin face softened again with a smile. She is quite happy. Well, that was as good as it could get for little Margred, Fugue thought.

Mrs. Jones, I have brought that same blue dress. I hope that it isn't too wrinkled. Perhaps you could see to it while I bathe.

My Lady, my cousin Merkin hopes that you will excuse him, but he has taken the liberty of having a dress made for you for the occasion. Before Fugue could voice her rising rebellion, Mrs. Jones indicated the corner of the room where, on a form, was one of the loveliest gowns Fugue had seen. Dark rose with white was her first impression. Were those pearls? She struggled with her instinctive defiance of all things showy; it was truly a beautiful garment. And shoes? She managed not to laugh and was amazed to see that Mrs. Jones's lips were quirked in a barely suppressed grin. All ready. And if my lady will permit, there are ribbons for her hair?

This time Fugue couldn't hold back the laughter. She remembered how she and Mrs. Jones had struggled for power at their last encounter. It was clear that both had softened in the months since then. Well! Then we had better get this bath accomplished.

A short time later, Fugue looked into the mirror Mrs. Jones held for her. The red in her hair was emphasized by the color of the dress and the pearl-laced bodice reflected a bit of light to her face. This was not quite the judicial aspect she so often wore! She took a few steps in the soft rose shoes and felt the skirts swirl around her. Thank you, Mrs. Jones. And please thank your cousin for me. A knock at the door interrupted her, and she realized that it was past time to hurry to the others.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Left turn, right turn, left turn, left turn, right....

GQ was lost.

The young man from the gate of the castle had shown him to his room, he was still in awe of how big it was. There was a bed as big as his home, or so it seemed.

After closing the door behind the young man, insisting that he could dress himself, GQ donned his best set of clothes. By his standards did not meet the requirements of the day, but none the less he felt quite proud of them.

" Well sir, I bet you never imagined this.." GQ said to himself.

He took a deep breath and opened his door, looking out into the corridor it was empty, not a soul in sight. He wandered down the halls, left then right then left again. Everything looked the same, rows upon rows of doors, all leading this way and that.

Well I guess this is as good a place to start. GQ raises his hand and knocks on the door closes to him.

Fugue wrote:
A knock at the door interrupted her, and she realized that it was past time to hurry to the others.

The door opened, one of the ladies he had seen at the front of the castle stood in the door way.

"Can I help you sir"

"Ummm... yes, well you see, I am looking for Lady Fugue..."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Moving through the main room, Stone was pleased. No stranger to events of this magnitude, he knew that everything was done to what he assumed would be Cecily's satisfaction.

Cecily's Satisfaction....... he mulled that one over in his mind as he mingled with the few people moving about the room, waiting for the ladies to arrive.

Stopping for a moment to chat with some of the Bowmen, he thanks them for their efforts and, lets them know that dinner is waiting for them in the kitchen.

Cecily's Satisfaction....... she had always been special to him, a friend, confidante, a conspirator on things great and small. Now, he stood on the brink of making public their relationship.

Seeing the Regent, Stone moves quickly to him, taking a knee and bowing to his Lord and Master, the Leader of England.

"Thank You for coming, Your Highness, you have my eternal gratitude and, it is nice to see you again."

Cecily's Satisfaction....... Surrounding her with her friends and family was something he was glad to do... providing new dresses and things for his sister, and some others always made him happy. Women love to dress up, he mused.......

Seeing Merkin off to the side, directing his small army of workers, he nodded, showing the man his approval, and his gratitude.

Cecily's Satisfaction....... In the End, all that really mattered to him any more,...... her happiness, her joy, .... her.

Patting his pocket, feeling the package secreted there, he smiled.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Silkyvamp

Silky woke up from a small nap and looked to see Quazi was still asleep. Calling a servant she orders them both a bath and lays out the clothes they will be wearing for the party. The castle was magnificent from what she had seen of it and hoped there would be more time later to see more. It reminded her of the castle she left in Lancaster and smiled as she remembered those last days there with Quazi.

As the servants brought the water into the room, she looked at the royal blue silk dress she had brought hoping it wasnt to badly wrinkled. Hanging it up beside the bathtub she hopes the steam will pull the wrinkles out. She takes a second to look at Quazi's clothes deciding it wouldnt be a bad idea to hang his also. Hanging the formal black and white outfit she had packed him she finally makes her way to the bath. She lays back and feels the hot water relaxing her muscles as she gets to the business of taking her bath and washing her mass of curly hair. She fixes her hair and slips the dress over her head going to gently wake Quazi so he can help her with the fastenings. Smoothing her skirts she sees they are not as wrinkled as she feared.

After he was dressed, she had to admit he was such a very handsome man. Smiling she takes his arm and asks, "Ready to go meet the other guests?"

They walk out the door and down the stairs into the hall where everyone else was gathered.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Slater

When Slater arrivied with the rest of the group of Holywell, he had snuck upstairs right away so noone would see him in his traveling clothes. After changing into his Bowmen dress uniform he headed back downstairs to the party.

When Slater wlaked into the Great Hall he had only one reaction, Wow!
Then he headed over to mingle with some people that he knew.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:11 pm

Fugue

As Mrs. Jones went to the door, Fugue took a small package from her bag and slipped it into a fold at the waist of her gown.

I was told that this is Lady Fugue's chamber, she recognized GQ's voice. Mrs. Jones answered, Yes, she is expecting you. She opened the door and GQ was there, looking quite unlike the scholarly clerk she worked with every day. Fugue had not realized that he had such elegant clothes.

Hello! I'm glad you're here; we need to join the others. I hope that we will meet Ambassador Xochitl on the way. I don't believe she has ever been here before and might be nervous. What a silly thing to say, Fugue thought, Xo is one of the most confident people I know, but she is here alone like I am and GQ is.

She turned to Mrs. Jones, I am so glad that we have met again. Thank you for all your help.

And now it was time to celebrate with Cecily and Stone.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecilywolfe Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:11 pm

Cecily stepped into the Grand Hall. Her calm, slightly amused expression masked her nerves, though if anyone looked closely enough, they might see her trembling slightly. While she had attended her share of parties, this was the first event of this size in which she had played hostess. She scanned the room looking for Stone. The sight of her friends- most wearing blue too, she noted- relaxed her slightly, her nervousness giving way to excitement.

She smiled at the guests as she caught their eyes and would be sure to speak to each and everyone of them before the evening was over, but for now she wished only to catch the attention of the host. Stone looked up from his conversation with the prince as the ladies walked into the room; their entrance was hard to overlook. Cecily smiled at him conspiratorially and as she neared the two gentlemen, dropped into a deep curtsy, smiling at Stone from beneath her eyelashes as she straightened back up.

"Your Highness," she said, extending a hand to Algernon, "it's a pleasure and an honor to have you in Chester again." She then turned to Stone, resisting her desire to fall into his arms or at very least hold his hand. "My Lord," she lilted.
Cecilywolfe
Cecilywolfe
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Fugue wrote:
Hello! I'm glad you're here; we need to join the others. I hope that we will meet Ambassador Xochitl on the way. I don't believe she has ever been here before and might be nervous.

GQ didn't recognize Fugue at first, he looked past the woman who answered the door, and for the second time in so many days he could of been knocked over with feather. After standing dumb founded for a short period of time, he regained his composure.

"My Lady, I was just telling myself that I have never seen something as remarkable as the castle, and your beauty has proven me wrong"

GQ couldn't believe his own ears, he just compared the fair woman to a building of stone, hopefully she will understand he had nothing but good intentions.

"Ummm... may I escourt you to the party, my lady... " GQ said with a bow.

As Fugue took GQ's arm he whispered " You will have to lead the way, I seem to be lost already"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fugue

Fugue smiled and whispered back, Don't worry. We'll be fine.

The Hall was filled with color and sound, light flashing from jewels and crystal, reflected from the hundreds of candles set in sconces between windows, tapestries and paintings. As the pair paused at the door, a happy buzz of conversation came from all sides. She glanced up at GQ, It's lovely, isn't it? There is Xochitl. Isn't she pretty in her green dress? I think we know many of the guests, perhaps most. She hoped that GQ would realize that there was no need to be nervous.

Cecily and Stone speaking were speaking with the Prince Regent. Fugue watched for a minute hoping to catch either Stone's or Cecily's eye, and when she didn't, turned to GQ. I don't think you have met my brother, Earl Bloodstone or the Duchess. Will you come with me to greet them and the Prince? She smiled mischievously. They are much less scary than some of the people we see in court!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

TrixieBelle

Posted: 09 May 2008 19:25 Post subject:
In the distance, Trixiebelle saw a familiar face as Slater entered the castle. She rode towards the stable, looking forward to the evening.

Interesting that Stone and Ceci sent the invitation together.

Smiling at the thought of two such good friends finding happiness in eachothers company.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fugue wrote:
I don't think you have met my brother, Earl Bloodstone or the Duchess. Will you come with me to greet them and the Prince? She smiled mischievously. They are much less scary than some of the people we see in court!

He had hoped to keep his composure tonight, he did not want to embarrass his employer. Her words shook him though. The whirlwind of events had been enough, but as he scanned the room he saw many people that he had only heard about and never imagined he would meet.

He composed himself once again, placed his hand on top of hers.

"Of course your honor, it would be my pleasure."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MackenzieGael Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:12 pm

Clamping her mouth shut Mac realized quite suddenly that gawking wasn't ladylike, nor was standing like a statue when so many people were bustling around her. A lady? When did she begin to think of herself as a lady? Perhaps it twas the dress and the refined atmosphere for she'd always just thought of herself as Mac. Mac the tomboy, Mac the horse lover, Mac the nature loving Scottish lass transplanted into a wonderful quaint little English town. Aye don't forget you now have a barony. Bless what would Da think! An english barony and quite frankly, one she was bloody proud of.

Seeing Cecily 's retreating back into the crowd she dashed after her, eager not to be left behind in the vastness that was this party; then she was liable to do something stupid, break something or spill spirit all over the lovely dress. Glancing down at the shimmering silk she thought perhaps she should just stay completely away from the refreshment table.

Skidding to a stop in front of Stone, Mac tossing an errant curl out of her face before giving him a warm smile. My but he looked handsome today, so proud, so dignified... and the look he gave Cecily made Mac swell with happiness for her friends. That they had come to find each other and love each other so much was enough to make even the loneliest person happy. Not that she was lonely...

"Your highness..." Cecily's voice drew her attention and turning Mac felt a bucket of butterflies erupt from her inside. Your highness.... she had heard the regent might possibly attend the event but... was that really him? Lifting the hem of her skirt she fell into a deep curtsy, her head bowed in respect toward the regal man. "Your highness... " her tongue would not work, and her brain had turned over from the force of the butterflies wings, so as a last resort she mimicked Cecily, hoping her friend, who seemed much more composed, would take over.

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:12 pm

ReefMcSchmokin

Reef steps into the hall to find that there are already a great number of people there. He quickly makes his way over to the Dutchess and bows.

"M'lady, I do apologize for my tardieness. Hopefully I have not hindered your schedule."

Reef looks up to see Lady Cecily's smile. Then the whole picture comes into his eye. Her dress is astonishing. Her hair is perfect...

"You... you look absolutely ravishing..."

Suddenly realizing that he is gawking, Reef regains his composure, "I mean to say... Well..." he chuckles seeing only friends around, "Well, I guess I mean to say that you look absolutely ravishing. How are you this evening?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next