Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holiday Feast at the Tudors (Christmas 1457)

3 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Holiday Feast at the Tudors (Christmas 1457) - Page 2 Empty Re: Holiday Feast at the Tudors (Christmas 1457)

Post  arthur_loxley Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:13 pm

Axle5788 wrote:
Aasha wrote:The odd little lad had rushed off in a hurry. Aasha wasn't sure if it was the irritation upon her face when he'd interrupted, the dagger she'd pulled when he'd tapped her shoulder, or her curt reply when he'd asked her name. She just wasn't used to anyone looking for her. Well...Axle seemed to look an awful lot, but he'd been smart enough to keep his mouth shut about her moment of weakness, so she'd let it go. Even tolerated him following her around. Truth be told, she was getting used to seeing him, almost took comfort in his presence. Not that she'd admit that to anyone, including him.

Shaking her head at her flight of fancy, the girl looked around, glad her shadow wasn't in sight as she broke the seal of the fine looking parchment. Her fingertips gently tracing the lettering, she slowly read the words, pausing in frustration at the word cordially. Cor-dilly? Wha' is thats? Her hand tightened on the missive, balling it into her fists before she calmed down. She hated not knowing things, especially when it was obvious whoever sent this expected her to understand.

Aasha looked around to see if anyone had noticed, letting out a relieved sigh when she saw she was still alone. Smoothing the parchment self consicously, her fingers went back to underlining the words as she read. Hollyd'y feast? Hmm...wait? Eyes opening in shock, she dropped the invitation as if it had burned her hand. Her name came into her line of sight as it floated down to land on the ground. It was addressed to her, not Donnor...so had not been sent to the wrong place. But why would they invite her to their family gathering? Her husband had left her, the betrayal still burning deep in her heart.

The girl bent her head, controlling the urge to cry at what she'd lost before scooping up the parchment. Stuffing it into her pack, she shook her head, then went to find some food. She couldn't shake the curiosity at the invitation, sorely tempted to go just to find out why. The more she walked, the more her interest grew, until finally Aasha decided to go. If nothing else, she could watch their faces when the one person they were sure not to expect actually walked through the door of the haughty Tudor estate. Giggling to herself, she quickly stuffed a few items into her pack and headed to the port to catch a boat.

Axle was following around Aasha when a little boy came up to her, shoving something into her hands. He was curious, but knew better than to get closer. He watched as she read the paper in her hands, and stepped up next to her when the boy left. What's that? He tried to peer into her hands, hearing her read aloud. He was reading the paper in her hands. Oh, we been invited to the Tudor estate. When we going? He pointed to the words 'holiday feast' and said, This means food.. think it will be good?

Aasha seemed to be distracted as the paper fell to the ground. He bent down to pick it up, but she got to it first and shoved it into her pack. When we leaving? He tried to catch her eyes, but she was avoiding him like always. He shrugged it off and followed after her.

Aasha wrote:The ride from Ireland to England was long, boring…uneventful. Aasha stayed hidden for most of the voyage, not feeling like dealing with anyone or anything. Even Axle had been smart enough to stay out of her way, though why he had decided to follow her onto the boat...fool man...not like she was in any danger here.

Her biggest source of amusement was watching Aayla deal with a besotted lad, clearly annoying the other lady. Not something the girl would deal with well, she'd sooner stab him than listen to his insistent chatter. Staying out of sight with any Rahl onboard was safer, she wasn't in the mood for a confrontation about NNGO or Cork, hell she'd not even been in that particular battle.

Watching the pair without them seeing her pulled her out of her thoughts, mostly contemplating how she was going to face Donnor’s family. It was going to be awkward, either they didn’t know he left her, or they had ulterior motives for inviting her. If this was a way for him to humiliate her further…Aasha sighed, then got up from her cramped position as she felt the boat dock.

Ignoring the rude comments from the ship’s crew, the girl made her way onto shore. Glancing neither left nor right, she headed towards a tavern. Waiting until she saw a man well into his cups tie his horse to a post, she grinned, then stealthily moved to the horses side. The mare was gentle, a soft whinny greeting her as she stroked her muzzle. Swiftly mounting the mare, Aasha turned the horse towards the Tudor estate before remembering Axle. She could probably lose him here if she wanted...but if she did and he got hurt, she would feel responsible. Sighing, she lead the horse in a gentle canter towards him, hissing; If'n ya gets me caughts wit' this 'ere horse, I'll be feedin' ya to the sharks when we goes back ta Eire. Her hand outstretched, the girl continued; Whatcha waitin' fer? Gets on sos we ken gets goin'. Tis a long ride ya knows.

Axle had been sitting away from Aasha for most of the voyage. She was in a bad mood and he knew better than to bother her. He just watched her.. as he always did. She would talk to him when she was ready. That's how it always was. She got up from her position, and he rose similarly. Where we going? He called out to her, and she didn't say anything. He just followed her, as he always did.

He followed her off the boat and then to a tavern. He was about to go inside, when he saw she stayed behind. He looked back and saw her stroking the mane of the horse. She mounted the horse and started trotting away. He tried running after her, Wait! And she must of heard him because she turned around, trotting back to him.

He looked at the horse, then at her outstretched hand. He quickly placed his hand in hers and pulled himself to the back of the horse. I can swim, sharks won't get me. He grinned to himself, waiting for the horse to head forward. He wasn't an expert rider, in fact.. any time he was on a horse, he was usually behind her.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Holiday Feast at the Tudors (Christmas 1457) - Page 2 Empty Re: Holiday Feast at the Tudors (Christmas 1457)

Aasha wrote:Wouldna be countin' on bein' able ta swim if'n I threw ya inna wat'r...who said ya'd be in one piece? Shaking her head, she helped pull him up, waiting for him to settle behind her before turning the horse back towards the Tudor estate. It was going to be a long ride with him nestled behind her. If she sat stiffly, she wouldn't touch him, but then she would be sore...if she relaxed, she'd be leaning partially in his embrace...

Aasha was in a quandary, neither alternative suited her. Sighing deeply, she finally relaxed, deciding walking funny later was not an option, not when she had no idea what she was walking into. Muttering something about wandering hands, sharks and daggers, she glanced over her shoulder before hissing; if'n ya falls off, ya ken find yer own way to the Tudor house.

The long ride was warmer than she'd expected, even with the crisp air brushing across her face. She refused to admit it had anything to do with the warmth behind her back, instead focusing inward again, trying to decide if this trip was a huge mistake.

Aasha took notice of very little until she reached the imposing structure. She was nervous the first time she came here, but nothing like she was now. The guard waved her through, having obviously recognized her even from a distance. Not surprising, considering how often she’d spent time in the staff quarters, feeling much more comfortable there than in the opulent home. She rode directly towards the stables, smiling at the lad who greeted her warmly. Makes sure ta be treatin’ ‘er rights…an’ brush ‘er good, she dun rode a long ways wit’ me. The child nodded before Aasha walked away, her steps slower now that she’d reached her destination. She'd forgotten Axle again, leaving him in the stables with the lad.

Travel weary and wary, the girl entered through the servant’s door, her eyes a warning to those who saw her that she wanted no one aware of her presence yet. She made her way to the room she’d shared with Donnor, wincing when she saw the changes, every sign of her wiped away, including the few clothes she’d left here. It was further proof in the girl’s mind that he’d not really cared as he said, the past few months a heartbreaking illusion of happiness only she had felt. Aasha couldn’t stay in this room, not now…it wasn’t hers. Turning back, she caught the attention of a maid, getting permission to use the girl’s quarters to change into her least wrinkled clothing.

Finished changing, Aasha could put it off no further, and headed downstairs to the great hall to face the Tudor family. As she saw the beautifully decorated house, she stopped, suddenly wanting Axle with her. It would be awkward, but even more so were she to face the family alone. Glad the banister hid her from view, the girl sat on the steps, placing her head in her hands as she took deep breaths, trying to stop the racing of her heart so she could put on a calm facade for those who might be present. Shoulda fed Donnor ta the sharks, then ya wouldna feel so odd bein' 'ere...an' ya'd be a widow 'stead o' the woman wha' was walked 'way from.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Plotnik wrote:The pair were riding horses. Thick cloaks and scarfs keeping out the cold as hooves crunched the snow. This wasn't the most traveled of paths, the man let a muffled yell through his face-coverings, "must not be many visitors from our direction, good thing we did not attempt the carriage here."

But it quickly cleared as they came closer. When they reached the gatehouse, and received directions up to the house, all lit, the world seemed warmer than it surely must have been. Topiary and decorations, he smiled as Anyamariee was clearly slack-jawed under her scarf. He reached across the space between their horses, caught her hand and smiled at her.

At the house, they dismounted, Oswald calling for the boys to come stable the horses, while Plotnik sees the small travel trunk brought inside, and asks for a room where Anyamariee could freshen up after the ride.

"Please let Lady Lynna know Lord von Liechenstein and Lady Hollington have arrived and that we will join her shortly."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:14 pm

Tasite wrote:Hello Kenrich and welcome to the Party. Come have a drink or two with us as we wait for everyone else to arrive. Speaking of other didn't Myxti and the baby come with you? Careful I think Bri wants to be bartender tonight she giggle.

Oswald sent Missy in to inform Lady Tasite that Lord von Liechenstein and Lady Hollington had arrived and so had Lord Arthur and Lady Lynna.

Tas was sitting with Bri and Kenrich talking hoping to calm her nerves when Missy spoke to them. Pardon me Miladies but Owald had ask that I inform you of the arrivals of Lord von Liechenstein and Lady Hollington and so that Lord Arthur and Lady Lynna and young master William. Thank you Missy,and Missy have the kitchen staff set the food out since the guest have started arriving. Well Bri I guess it time for me to see what I have learned. Standing Tas straight her dress and follow Missy to the guest.

Seeing the guest Tas smiled as she greeted them. Hello Lord von Liechenstein and Lady Hollington nice to meet you. I am Lady Tasite thank you for coming to the Tudor party. I hope you enjoy your time here as she lead the way to the Party and where Brianna was sitting.

Princess Brianna and Lord Kenrich Stewart this is Lord von Liechenstein and Lady Hollington.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:14 pm

Myxti wrote:The trip to the Tudor Estate had been an eventful one, filled with lots of delay. A couple of the areas were not particularly safe, so the loooooooooooooong way had to be taken. Once they finally made it to the Estates, Myxti headed inside the private entrance with Alexandre to freshen up, while Blanche handled the luggage and gifts. A short while later, Myxti was dressed in a beautiful red velvet Burgundian gown and a butterfly hennin headdress was put on her head.

Holiday Feast at the Tudors (Christmas 1457) - Page 2 Fig1Holiday Feast at the Tudors (Christmas 1457) - Page 2 Bucket_redconfetti1

With the baby in arm, Myxti and Blanche entered the party room. Blanche set the gifts (enough cookie baskets for each party goer) by the tree, curtsied and left. Myxti smiled.

"Cookies for all!"

She curtsied and spotted her husband.

"Hello love. I'm so happy you are here. It's been so lonely in Ludlow without you. You look well, I am relieved."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:15 pm

Plotnik wrote:Plotnik took his time. He knew, no matter how slow he was, Anyamariee would need even more, to warm up, unwrap, change from winter rider into dinner guest. He stretched in the changing room, cleaned his boots, a fresh shirt, and enough scent so no one would complain about his day on a horse.

Packing his small travel chest and closing the lid, he walks slowly out of the room, but kept a package in his hand. By the time Anyamariee was refreshed, Tasite was greeting them, "Hello Lord von Liechenstein and Lady Hollington nice to meet you. I am Lady Tasite thank you for coming to the Tudor party. I hope you enjoy your time here," as she lead the way to the Party and where Brianna was sitting. "Princess Brianna this is Lord von Liechenstein and Lady Hollington."

"Princess!" exclaimed Plotnik, as he clicked his heels and inclined his chin into his chest, "I've read so much about you, and your time in London, and elsewhere. Simpler times in English history, and tumultuous times in family history. An immense pleasure to meet you at last, I am Plotnik, and I am at your service. And may I present to Your Highness, Lady Anyamariee Hollington, who graciously agreed to keep me out of trouble this evening. Anyamariee, the Princess was among our first regents, and remains a colorful splash across the chronicles of England."

"I was going to present this to my cousin, but perhaps it is more appropriate to make a present to you, Your Highness?" Plotnik lifts the package from his hand and offers a plainly wrapped wooden box. "This very morning this bottle of wine was unloaded from a ship from Calais named the L'Abby Stouquette. Pardon but I still cannot pronounce that well. A week ago in France, today here. The very first trade expedition between England and Europe, and the second ever landing of a ship on our shores. This bottle represents a new friendship that I do so hope will overcome the past conflicts. And I give to you, now, this historic bottle, a token of friendship, though perhaps the least token ever to be exchanged between the von Liechensteins and the Tudors."

Plotnik says a little softer to Brianna, "Oh, and I also brought a bottle of Stour Stout, fresh from Dover, wouldn't that suit your fancy more?"
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Deekay wrote:It felt a long journey. Deekay had left Stafford as it was getting light. The ground was hard and a litte slippery from the frost. Once the sun rose he could see the true beauty of the trees with the delicate white icing. On a day like this it was easy to believe in Jah.

He had arrived in Birmingham in time for early lunch at the Inn. He worked hard persuading his friend Helen to join him on the trip. He made a quick detour to his house to collect some fruit wine and then they took to the road again.

He was anxious to catch up on news of Birmy. He was also discussing what the party might be like.

"It will be interesting to see who's not there, as well as who's there. Arthur is very much a conviction politician which means if people disagree with him politically, they often take against him personally. I would be very surprised to see Slon there, or my dear cousin, Salter.

Anyway there will be a chance to meet some new people - great if you want to do a little travelling. I think Myxti will be there and Lord Plotnik from Sussex. I'm looking forward to meeting him away from work. And there should be some fun somewhere.

First one of these I went to I asked this lady if she was Salter's wife. Turned out she was Duchess of Chester Embarassed

Anyway here we are"

He dismounted carefully, not wanting to slip on the icy ground. He signalled to a page to hold the horses, while he helped Helen.

"Please tell our hosts that Lord Deekay and Lady Helen have arrived. It would be good to go to our rooms first, to change out of our travelling clothes and into something a little more comfortable"
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Helen54 wrote:Lady Helen alighted from her mount and allowed herself a small moment in the arms of Deekay to ready herself for their entrance to this grand and beautiful castle.

Deekay ever a strength and comfort was a veteran of these events. Helen was very new to this and while a little nervous, her nervousness was held in check by her desire to meet these famous people and see for herself this wonderful castle she had heard so much about.

The grounds were breathtaking. She had heard of their beauty and their vastness, but she was surprised. Daniel Brown had certainly earned his reputation as one of Merry England's greatest gardeners and landscapers.
"These grounds are glorious Deekay"
They both stood at the entrance and admired the surrounds for a moment then turned and entered the castle together.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

--Daniel_brown wrote:Daniel smiled.

Thank you for the compliment, Lady Tasite. I'm sure I can organize some outdoor activities for everyone that will be good clean winter fun...May I suggest some ideas to you first?

As Lady Tasite nodded, Daniel stepped closer and lowering his voice, he suggested a few of his ideas and got a nod from her in agreeance. Stepping away again, Daniel nodded in acknowledgment.

I shall go and organise them now and will return to let you know when they are ready.

Daniel smiled, bowed and then left the room.
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Helen54 wrote:Deekay and Helen parted to their respective rooms on the second landing. A young servent girl and two pages with her trunk that Deekay had organised cartage for, accompanied her to her room.

The room was large and clean and beautifully decorated. Helen had such a room at her fathers house and she felt immediately comfortable here.

The pages left the trunk near the large fourposter bed furnished in sumptuous and lacey white linen and when they had left Helen allowed herself to lie back on the bed for a moment to rest.

"What is your name girl?"

"Alice, M'Lady"

"Alice, could you unpack my trunk and fetch me some mead, I am parched, and I must refresh myself quickly before I meet with the Tudors"

Helen closed her eyes and rested while the young women tended to her duties. It seemed only a moment had passed and Alice was standing by her with the mead. Helen sat up to find her dress unpacked, unwrinkled and ready to be worn.

Holiday Feast at the Tudors (Christmas 1457) - Page 2 Burgundyrenaissancedress
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:16 pm

Gawain59 wrote:Finally, after a long period of travelling, Father Gawain guided his horse and wagon through the estate gates.

Pulling up at the front entrance of the castle, he climbed down from the wagon. Gawain picked up his bags and other things, and after requesting that his horse and wagon be taken care of, he entered the castle.

Asking Oswald to tell his friends Arthur and Lynna, and also the rest of the party hosts that he had arrived, Gawain went upstairs to his guestroom to freshen up after his journey and change out of his travel clothes into formal evening attire (he wears his clerical attire only whilst doing clerical duties).

Returning back downstairs, he then entered the room.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Kenrich wrote:Kenrich nodded and smiled at lady tastie, and princess Brianna

"Thank you" he said. " i was hoping she was here already" he said. " i rode from Stafford, military duties have kept me there, she was at home in ludlow" he said. Then Tastie interduced him to lord von Leichenstine, he gave a small bow, just then he heard a fimilar voice, it was Myxti his face lit up.

"Aye my Love i was able to get away for a short time from Stafford, i was hoping you were going to be able to make" he said, " i do know the feeling love Stafford is a very lonely place with out you there" he said he walked over to look at there son, how he wished he could be home more.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Deekay wrote:Deekay removed his boots and travelling coat and stood by the fire in his room. At this time of year the country was beautiful but very cold.

He poured himself some warmed wine and sipped.

Relaxed he sat in the chair for a short while, and closed his eyes.

... Waking he thought he should join the party downstairs.

He changed into his formal wear and checked he looked presentable.

Ready, he left the room. He saw a passing servant girl.

"Young lady, do you know Lady Helen's room. Would you check to see if she is ready to meet our hosts?"
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Myxti wrote:Myxti nodded.

"Ludlow has been pretty interesting. We have tons of visitors. I drink and drink and drink......but I haven't been able to get drunk lately. Quite odd. Maybe tonight will be different!"

Myxti realized how rude she was being. Kenrich was being introduced and she jumped in the way. With a deep curtsy she spoke.

"Please forgive my rudeness. I missed my husband and forgot my manners."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lady_brianna wrote:As if a whirlwind sweep through the house people started to arrive she nursed her drink . It was nice to be surrounded by people again social people who weren't just about cursing each other or causing problems. The air was filled with excitement and happiness and a bit of a chill. She clapped her hands to the servant asking him to try and make the room warmer. She smiled as Tasite announced the gentleman and his lady "Good evening Lord Von Liechenstein , Lady Hollington, It is a pleasure to meet you. Please make yourself at home im sure you will see the little Von Lichensteins gracing the party soon they are never ones to stay in their room when fun is to be had. "

She took the box from him taking in the smell "Thank you for your gracious gift to my family and know it is received with open arms and heartfelt appreciation. The ties with the Von Liechenstein family are strong with the Tudor family and our houses are a great alliance. I thank you for the compliments my ears have no heard such sweet and nice things in what seems ages."

She handed the bottle to the maid and had her take it to the kitchen to be prepared for the evening. She wrapped her arm around Tasite's arm and leaned into her whispering "You are doing fabulous"

Turning her attention back to the Lord and Lady "I trust your trip was uneventful and pleasant?"
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Helen54 wrote:Alice assisted Helen into her soft burgundy, velvet dress. Helen had immediatley fallen in love with this dress when her father had first presented it to her, but she had been saving her first wearing of it for such an occasion as this.

"You look beautiful m'Lady" Alice said as she busied herself with the skirt folds ensuring their correct alignment.

There was a knock at the door and Alice went to answer it.

"Lord DeeKay awaits you in the hall, m'Lady" announced Alice

Helen walked out into the hall and found a transformed DeeKay standing there in his formal wear and she thought to herself how handsome he looked and how proud she was to be accompanying him on this festive occasion.

"M'Lord" Helen curtsied

"M'Lady" DeeKay bowed

Helen placed her hand on DeeKays extended arm and they descended the two flights of stairs together
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Deekay wrote:Deekay was impressed by Helen's dress. It sparkled in the candle light. He smiled.

"Shall we descend?"

A footman directed them to Lady Tasite. Deekay bent to kiss her hand.

"Tas, good to see you again. Can I introduce you to Helen, my very good friend from Birmingham? We are both rested after our journey, and ready to experience Lady Brianna's cocktails."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:17 pm

Helen54 wrote:“Lady Tasite, how lovely to meet you at last!” Helen noted the young woman’s flawless complexion and beautiful dress.

“Thank you so much for sending your lady to help with my dress”

Tasite welcomed them warmly and taking them both by the arm, led them into the room.

It was a grand room, fit for the grandest castle and Helen surveyed it in wonder.

“Lady Tasite, the decorations are magnificent... they must have taken days to organise!”

Helen had never seen decorations more beautiful and they sparkled in the candlelight adding to the merry atmosphere of guests happily chatting, while musicians played a festive strain.

Tasite led Deekay and Helen to an exquisitely dressed young woman

“Princess Brianna” Deekay bowed deeply and kissed the Princess's hand

“May I present to you Lady Helen of Birmingham”

Helen curtsied and averted her eyes to the floor for a moment

“Princess”

It was then she noticed a movement in the drape to the Princess's right... and a pair..... no... two pairs of beautifully crafted small shoes... the larger pair belonging to a young gentlemen the smaller pair to a young lady.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Irishwoodfaerie wrote:Irish hated being late,but what could she do? It wasn't easy being a mother of four and these four were not an exception at all. As their carriage came to a stop in front of the castle,Ice got out and turned to help his wife out. Holding out his hand for here<Irish gathered her skirts and stepped out of the carriage. Ice took his wife's hand and tucked it into his arm and the walked towards the castle doors.
As the castle doors opened they walked in looking around at all of the Holiday splendor before them.
Irish looked up at Ice and smiled, Thank you for attending this with me. You are one in a million love. Now lets see if we can find one of the hosts and greet them.
Ice and Irish followed the sound of voices..................

I have Ice's permission to god mod him in here.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lady_brianna wrote:Smiling softly at the couple giving them a nod "It is lovely to meet you both please make yourselves at home and enjoy the lovely party my sister has put together. I must say its nice not having to do it myself. Its my turn to drink and not worry. Lady Helen may I say you look lovely this evening that dress becomes you most spectacularly, " she giggles

She looked out the door seeing one two three little heads pop back behind the door. Aiya poked her head back around and waved at her and she waved the crew in giving them a stern look they knew was to behave themselves. They were all dressed in lovely dresses and suits for the party. Gretchen must have let them have a party upstairs so they wouldn't feel left out, she should have known they would sneak out .. The six of them walked in smiling sheepishly towards their mother and looked around at all the people the girl commenting on their dresses and the boys inspecting swords.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:18 pm

Helen54 wrote:Helen and DeeKay mingled and chatted with guests, all the while Helen kept glancing at the drape to see if the two hide-a-ways were still in residence.

Very slowly she made her way toward that area of the room and finally stood beside the drape. Deekay was talking with Tasite and there seemed to be no one watching

“I know you’re in there” Helen whispered trying not to move her lips while glancing around the room casually

“No I’m not!” said a young boy’s voice rather haughtily

“Yes we are” said a younger softer voice
“...Ouch! Why did you hit me?”

“Please don’t tell Nanny” said the boys voice, this time much less haughtily and Helen stifled a smile
“We just want to see the party” it was the boys voice again

Helen assured them she would try very hard to keep their secret and took some savouries from a tray that a servant was offering her. She took two and the servant did not show any reaction to her gluttony at all. She waited until the servant had moved on and asked

“Would you like some savouries?”
She moved closer, slipping her hand with the savouries behind the curtain.

Helen felt little hands taking the food and after a pause a muffled
“Thank you” as if spoken with a mouth half full.

Helen asked the next servant with a tray of wine to water down two cups and bring them back.

This time there was a response, a quizzical look, that broke into a broad smile when Helen indicated the two pairs of shoes beneath the curtain that were mostly hidden now, by her dress.

She hoped she hadn’t betrayed her new friends in doing so.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Anyamariee wrote:Anya was excited to be invited to such a prestigious event. She saw the look of pleasure in Plotnik's eyes as they approached the lovely home. She was indeed awestruck.

She was grateful for a bit of time to freshen up after the lengthy ride, but could not wait to be back by Plotnik's side. When Plotnik introduced her to Princess Brianna, she curtsied appropriately, thankful Comtessa had such good taste in dresses. She would not feel quite so out of place next to her handsome Plotnik amidst such beautiful and noble people. She missed Comtessa dearly, and said a quick prayer for her as she was scanning for a bit of something to snack on. She didn't realize how hungry she was until she entered the room filled with lovely things to eat and drink.

"Princess, 'tis a pleasure to meet you m'lady. The ride here was fine, uneventful other than me being the luckiest lady around to be travelling with such a fine companion." She smiled lovingly at Plotnik as she laced her fingers through his. As Princess Brianna left to tend to the other guests, she smiled and tried to take in all the beautiful decorations.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Myxti wrote:Noticing others with drinks in their hands suddenly made Myxti thirsty. How lovely a whiskey would taste right now. With a nod towards the corner of the room, Blanche approached and took the sleeping baby. She did not go far, however, in case anyone had wanted to see little Alexandre.

Once the baby was secure in Blanche's arms, Myxti headed straight for the bar. The brown fluid pouring in the glass looked heavenly and she had to fight the urge to snatch it away. A few moments later, that heavenly drink, that burned so much when she swallowed, was in her hand. First, a small sip just to taste. Then, a deep drink to enjoy. She smiled; it was wonderfully rough.

(thinking) "I might just need to stay right here....this whiskey is delightful."

She was considering not moving the entire night, but she had to reconsider after a quick glance at her husband. His beautiful face, his tall muscular frame.....within seconds she was back at her husband's side watching him as if she was studying him for an exam. She had missed her husband.....and good whiskey.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Radh wrote:Radh holds his hand up to shield his eyes as he gazes out over the landscape before him. The road had suddenly led them out of the forest and on to a hillside pasture with a wide view into the lower lands beyond. From here Radh lookes out and sees what he was hoping for. He sidesteps his horse beside Aayla's and points out into the distance.

There, risin above that treeline yonder, with 'em banners utop, that must be Tudor Castle if I may be right. Ye see, there meh dear? Then he grins at her and says, Ai well, it might take some wanderin, some askin and back'trackin, bu' I "do" know meh way 'round old England ey! He laughs off the delay they'd had, knowing he'd rather get anywhere saver than faster and more comfortable too. Radh had better deliver his sister to this party in fit condition, so he had insisted many times on the way they stop for a proper meal at an Inn, grabbing every chance to catch up for Eire's lack of food. He would also hire her a room to have a decent bed to sleep in, beein rather unusual for someone who is otherwise too cheap to pay the barkeep of his own pub. Radh self offcourse slept in the stables wich is cheaper. I think we'ave reached them bounds of 'eir estate and we should come to a guardpost once we're down this slope. I ehr, ehmm ye 'ave got the invitation, so I be countin on Ye meh sis to get us in an'settled.... Ye know meh always be kinda salutin the wrong folk at this parties, he chuckles, so ye will watch over yer brother a wea bit, would ye now? :wink:
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Aayla wrote:She grumbled, often, about the constant stops but she was truly grateful for her brother's company and protection through this leg of the journey. While she'd never admit to it, the unknown lands and being so far from her home unsettled the woman. The food had been good enough to remind her of the troubles at home and leave her both full and a touch guilty. Now standing at the edge of another unknown, she was again grateful for her company.

The Lady follows her brothers direction grinning ruefully at the man for a moment, “An here I thought you’d been leading us in circles!” Giggling she reaches out and gives Radh’s hand a squeeze. “Never doubted you for a second brother dear…” Twisting in her saddle she grumbles softly, “Now let’s get there, I haven’t had this long in saddle, not since the run on Port Lairge -- and never in a corset and court dress.” Nudging her horse into a gallop she closes the distance to the castle, her hood falling back from her face as the wind licks at her face.

Reaching the castle in moments, she jumps lithely off her horse, her silken skirts flying and billowing with the movements. Presenting the invitation and resisting the urge to point to the name she offers her introduction with a steady commanding voice “Lady Aayla O’Murchadha of the House of Rahl, and her escort, my brother Sir Radh Rahl of the same.” She may yet be confused as to the source of the invitation but she’d not let it show. Looking back she checks to make sure she didn’t lose her brother in the race.

*edited because I'm silly and forgot to format it*
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next