Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holiday Feast in Coventry (Christmas 1457)

Go down

Holiday Feast in Coventry (Christmas 1457) Empty Holiday Feast in Coventry (Christmas 1457)

Post  arthur_loxley Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:54 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur rubbed his hands together for warmth as he finished placing candles along the path to the estate. His hands were chilled, his breath showing easily in the frigid air. A few snowflakes clung to his coat, the beauty of the wintry landscape making him smile. Arthur loved this time of year, the high spirits of the children, the anticipation in their expressions. What a wonderful excuse to get friends and family together to enjoy the season together.

Turning to go back in, he double checked the task list of work to be done over the coming days. The hearth was already lit with hot cocoa being served in the study. He looked into the window seeing William and his wife interacting. Smiling as she tickled him and his laughter ringing loudly enough for even him to hear while still outside.

Everything was being readied for the arrival of the townsfolk tomorrow. He entered his home, peeling off his gloves, a light of mischief dancing in his eyes. Arthur entered the study, intent upon warming his chilled hands against the cheeks of his son, William.

------

Arthur had prepared invitations to send out to the local townsfolk and his messengers were off hand-delivering them.

Holiday Feast in Coventry (Christmas 1457) Coventry_feast
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Holiday Feast in Coventry (Christmas 1457) Empty Re: Holiday Feast in Coventry (Christmas 1457)

Lynna wrote:Lynna had been playing with William in the study while Arthur was out doing some finishing touches before any guests would arrive at the castle. It had been an exciting day as they organised food and beverages. She hoped some would venture out on the cold evening to celebrate the festive season with them.

William was laughing as she tickled him, it was lovely to see him really able to enjoy what was going on around him now. She stopped for a moment to let him settle down a bit when she said. I wonder what Dada is up to now William he should be coming back inside now. She picked him up and gave him a cuddle.

People coming to play he said as his little hand balled into a fist went to his mouth. He always seemed to do that when he was really excited about something.

Oh I hope so my little man she smiled back at him, we will just have to wait and see.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Holiday Feast in Coventry (Christmas 1457) Empty Re: Holiday Feast in Coventry (Christmas 1457)

Arthur_loxley wrote:It was the next day and things were being organized for the feast later this evening. There were plenty of staff moving quickly through the castle making sure to organize the drinks and food. Dessert and cookies were being laid out in the study for the children that would be attending.

Holiday Feast in Coventry (Christmas 1457) Promotional-holiday-food

Foods were being served for the adults who would be in attendance as well. Arthur picked a few cubes of cheese up to eat himself. He was waiting for Lynna and William to make their way down. He knew they were getting dressed for the party. He was ready early.. he had to be to make sure things were being completed.

Holiday Feast in Coventry (Christmas 1457) Holiday-food-platter Holiday Feast in Coventry (Christmas 1457) Ph_holiday_parties_316x361

Drinks were being readied for the guests that would be arriving. He ordered some wine from the bartender and was going to surprise his wife, but he heard light footsteps on the stairs indicating she was on her way down.

Holiday Feast in Coventry (Christmas 1457) 2124658093_b96306f098
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:55 pm

Lynna wrote:As she made her way down the steps with William she took in the decorations, the castle was looking wonderful the tree near the window illuminated by the candles would be seen from the road into their home.
Holiday Feast in Coventry (Christmas 1457) Coventrychristmas

She looked down at William as she held his hand she didn't want him rushing down the steps in his excitement to see what was happening.

Making it to the bottom she let him run off in search of Arthur as she followed on coming into the room, smiling lovingly at her husband as she went to him. Kissing him tenderly on the lips she held onto his hand as she looked around. It all looks wonderful Love, I hope a few of the townsfolk will make their way out. Did you mention it in your last notice sent around to the houses?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:He felt a crash against his legs as a small little boy tightened his grip. His hand came down to William's head and playfully tussled his hair. Dada! William cried out. Lynna came through the opening with a smile on her face. His expression one of open admiration, he watched her walk towards him, not wanting to dislodge the child still clinging to his legs. Hey beautiful, I was just getting you a drink. You look amazing. He had barely gotten the words out before their lips met, the softness of hers never failing to surprise and delight him. Arthur embraced his wife, smiling when William giggled in delight, wiggling to get their attention between them.

Yes, I made sure to invite all of our neighbors here in Coventry. With everything that has plagued Stafford lately, relaxing with friends was something I couldn’t resist. Arthur gestured to the bar behind him, the goblet twinkling merrily from the warm glow of the fire. Your drink, beautiful.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lynna wrote:Lynna blushed at her Husbands comments, You look dashingly Handsome yourself my Love she grinned. William is so excited he was in such a hurry to get back downstairs. Arthur mentioned he had readied a drink for her which was sitting on the bar, Thank you Love are you having one yourself? She never did drink much except for special occasions and this was certainly a special occasion for them . This is our first Christmas as Husband and wife she smiled at him kissing him softly again before she went to get her drink
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:He gestured to the bartender to serve him a glass of wine as well when Lynna picked up hers. He lifted his glass and clinked it against hers, smiling. Merry Christmas, my love. May the coming year be full of joyful and stress-free moments.

He took William's hand and took him over to the tree. The base of the tree was lined with tons of gifts for his family and those townsfolk who would come to dinner this evening. He sat down, urging William to do the same. The young boy was excited and pointing towards the gifts, Mine? Arthur shook his head. No, not that one. And you can only open one now. The rest will be opened in the morning.

Arthur handed him one of the gifts that he and Lynna had gotten for him. When he opened it, his mouth opened in shock. A boat! Look, mama, a boat!

Holiday Feast in Coventry (Christmas 1457) William_toyboat

Arthur grinned seeing the look on his face. It's a ship. We will all be traveling on a ship soon.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lynna wrote:As their glasses clinked she said Merry Christmas to you too Love, may we have many more she grinned at him. The thought of stress free moments appealed to her very much and she just smiled and said Yes I hope so my Husband, but I fear you will still have me concerned for a while yet.

She watched as Arthur sat down with William near the tree as they looked at all the gifts. William was allowed to open one and his little body shook with excitement as he found inside a boat. Lynna couldn't help but laugh the little boat was gorgeous. Oh my goodness William it is just like the one being built for your Dada. She looked to Arthur and rested her hand on his shoulder as he sat on the floor with William, she leant down her lips brushing against his ear as she said what a perfect gift Love.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur got up from the floor and wrapped his arm around Lynna's back. Dinner should be served soon. He looked down to William playing with his toy ship, content with his gift.

The table was set up with traditional holiday colors.
Holiday Feast in Coventry (Christmas 1457) Holiday-table

The food was being placed on the table for all guests.
Holiday Feast in Coventry (Christmas 1457) GHK1106Food001-LG Holiday Feast in Coventry (Christmas 1457) Holiday-table-240x300
Holiday Feast in Coventry (Christmas 1457) Holiday_food
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lara. wrote:Lara smiles broadly to the invitation in her hand before swaggering her way to the home. She knocks, greeted by a door man who looks a bit panicked by her presence. She was not dressed up, just simply in her lacy top, with laced cuffs about her wrists. Her lovely torso bound into a corset with which the lacing ribbons hang down past her waist even when tied, though the piece itself curves around her chest to frame it. She wears a slightly worn maroon skirt, that has become almost purple with time, and bells out just a little to accentuate her hips. As though it wasn't enough, around her waist is a chain of coins, their only purpose in which is to make noise as she moves. A long leather tie adorns her neck with a large key that has two prongs, hanging over the coin belt along with another string of leather; a fine little pouch. Yet, hidden below all the long neck decoration is a simple necklace that rests just below her neck in a crescent moon. Leather cuffs about one wrist and a light sashed violet bag, that holds a black water skin and a little white pouch onto it's sash. Though, the detail that seems to scream pirate from Lara is the black leather cavalier's hat atop her head which has a lovely plumed brown feather upon it, along with dangles of beads that hang in her curly brunette locks. Her stunningly fair skin and lush red lips do not show a hint of her intoxication, though her eyes decorated into thick black coal, making her brown eyes seem golden. Besides a bit of swaggering with her steps and the *hips* that escape her, you'd never peg her for drunk. She scans over everything and shakes her head excessively as she speaks, her form shifting ever so slightly with her words, "Oh no no...it's all wrong..wine glasses?" She grumbles a bit before managing more clear words, "So formal...w-what kinda feast is this?" She sighs deeply before her attention goes to the lovely couple, "Howdoya'do?" She giggles until her eyes widen at the young boy and she plops down next to him on the floor. "Whata nice shi*hip* you got th-ther..." she giggles out, extending a hand to William. "Lovely to m-meet ya.."

Holiday Feast in Coventry (Christmas 1457) Pirate_chick_by_YellowZebra-2
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:54 am

Arthur_loxley wrote:William's eyes got big as saucers when Oswald showed the first of the guests into the study. He'd never seen anyone dressed the way she was, the gleam of the necklaces as the firelight caught them catching his eye. The little boy reached out, trying to capture the swaying temptation, until she mentioned his boat. MINE! He wrapped the gift safely in his hands, his eyes still watching her gleaming necklace.

Throughout, Arthur watched closely, trying to place the woman's face from the townsfolk he knew. Smiling in welcome, he stated: Welcome to our home, we were just on our way to eat. Please, make yourself comfortable, there is plenty of food for everyone.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:52 am

Lara. wrote:Lara giggles at the child and puts her hand down from trying to introduce herself. She glances at the father from under hat before looking back to William. "I am Lara...and ya are?" she says to William before taking her hand and brushing the thought away. "Ah naw..." she murmurs before reaching into her bag and pulling out a necklace of light green, woven in gold to keep it on the chain and seemingly with anyone who had an eye for value, to be worth quite a few hundred pounds.

Holiday Feast in Coventry (Christmas 1457) ___Emerald_City____Necklace_by_sojo

"I'll givya this, if you and I can play with de ship together..." she says with a giggle, holding the necklace out to him. The gold shimmering in the light as she smiles broadly to the boy.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:31 am

Arthur_loxley wrote:The boy puffed up proudly, looking at his parents before back to the lady. Will'm Tudder. He looked to the necklace, then to his boat, then back to the necklace. His little face scrunched up in deep thought, his hands still tight upon the ship. His little fist uncurled to reach for the necklace, almost memorized as the firelight caught the gold. Eyes on the prize, he clutched it in his hand. Ya can touch....no break. I hold, you touch.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down