Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP] Coventry Castle

Go down

[RP] Coventry Castle Empty [RP] Coventry Castle

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:46 am

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur entered his home after almost a month away. Immediately, his head of staff, Oswald, came up to him welcoming him home and informing him there were several matters and issues that needed his attention. He nodded and held his hand up to stop the man from speaking.

Oswald.. I just walked through the door. I am going to go into the study. Bring me a drink, and any papers concerning the issues that I need to attend to.

Oswald nodded understanding that silence was necessary at this time.

Lynna should be home shortly; let her know that I am in the study and that she may interrupt me whenever she wants.

Oswald again, acknowledging the order took a few steps back and headed towards the kitchen to complete the task of getting his employer a drink. Arthur turned the corner and into his study he went. He sat at his desk to write a brief letter to his wife. He hadn't seen her much the last few days since he had been so busy and wanted her to know he had been thinking of her.

Dear Wife,

I miss you.. I miss you.. I miss you.. I miss you.. I miss you.

There are so many words in the world and only three of them come to mind right now. I apologize for not being able to spend as much time with you due to my hectic schedule, and I hope to remedy that. I wish that I could spend all day and evening with you and perhaps another date is in order to facilitate that.

Will you meet me tomorrow at the Gardens of Coventry Castle? I want to spend time alone with you... We will be having a picnic in the Gardens and I hope that weather cooperates this time unlike in Holywell.

I love you completely..

Your husband,

~ Arthur

Arthur folded the letter and placed it upon the desk. When Oswald came in with his drink, he gave him the letter and asked him to place it at the entryway table and instructed him that it was for Lynna's eyes only. She was sure to see it when coming back from where she had gone to, he thought.

Oswald nodded and handed Arthur a few stacks of papers. Sir, these require your immediate attention.

Flipping through the stacks of papers, Arthur saw a few things that needed to be responded to:
Bishop Tuvoria claiming family ties to the Tudors
Death of HH Prince Richard Morgan Degas
Death of Richgram Morgans
Assault and grievous injury on Donnor in Holywell, Chester.

Arthur sighed at the last issue before him. He had just left his brother well and safe in Holywell and was sadded to hear of the news. He needed to find out what had happened. He began to write a few letters for the other issues:

[RP] Coventry Castle Tuvoria_tudor_scroll

[rp]To the Kingdom of England:

It has come to our attention that Bishop Tuvoria has been bandying the Tudor name about, claiming a tie that simply does not exist. We have extensively researched our archives and family tree, and the man that Tuvoria refers to as father is not, and never has been, a part of the Tudor family. We are deeply sorry if the Bishop has been deceived or has received false information regarding his familial ties; however, as current head of the Tudor Household, it is my duty to inform him we are refuting any and all claims of being related to our Royal Family through blood or marriage. We would appreciate if the Bishop would cease using our esteemed family name immediately.

On behalf of the Tudor family,

Arthur Loxley Tudor
Viscount of Coventry

[RP] Coventry Castle Arthur_green_seal[/rp]

[RP] Coventry Castle Degas_tudor_scroll

[rp]Dear CruzinCat:

There is very little we can say after such a tragedy. You are in our thoughts and prayers. We are truly sorry for your loss. Although we verbally sparred upon occasion, you and your husband were held in esteem by the Tudor family for the numerous attempts he made in unifying England. He will always be remembered for his works as a politician and statesman.

We are sure memories of his deep love for you and your children will carry you through this most difficult of times.

Arthur Loxley Tudor
Viscount of Coventry

[RP] Coventry Castle Arthur_red_seal[/rp]

[hrp]Royal Family of the Tudors

Private correspondence to the Morgan family concerning the death of a family member: Richgrams Morgan.[/hrp]

[rp]Dear Shriekersmom:

You are in our thoughts and prayers. We are truly sorry for your loss. Although we were never introduced to Richgrams, we understand and acknowledge that she was a beacon of light for those residing in Cumberland County. She will always be remembered for her works as a mayor.

We are sure memories of her love for your family will carry you through this most difficult of times.

Arthur Loxley Tudor
Viscount of Coventry

[RP] Coventry Castle Arthur_red_seal[/rp]
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

[RP] Coventry Castle Empty Re: [RP] Coventry Castle

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:47 am

Lynna wrote:They had spent the first few nights back in town at Arthurs home Loxley Manor, so that Arthur could finalise a few things there while Lynna finalised a loan transaction with Rothar so that he could head back to Beeston straight away. The next morning Arthur was heading out to their new home they had only spent a couple of days there before and after the wedding since the renovations.

Lynna saddled up Pyritis, she wanted to make sure everything at her house was in order before they decided what they would do with their houses in town, as well as pick up a few personal belongings. The young lad next door had looked after the property and her pet Holmes in her absence on many occassions checking daily for her, so she needed to make sure he was paid amply for his assistance...

Later that morning she headed out to the Castle thinking Arthur should be there by now as well, it wasn't that far out of town just on the road out to Crater Lakes. She felt the breeze rush past her face as she rode, it was still chilly although the sun was shining. As she stoped near the stables one of the lads came to take the reins from her.

Greetings M'Lady welcome home he said with a grin and a bow.

Lynna dismounted undoing the bag she had tied to the saddle, Thank you she smiled This is my horse Pyritis and I think she could do with a good brush down after our trip north. She gave her mare a firm pat on her neck. I'm sure you will take good care of her for me she smiled at the boy before heading inside.

As she approached the door Oswald opened it, she swore to herself the man must have amazing instincts, he turns up when ever you need him. She smiled to him and to herself at her thoughts as she entered. Hello Oswald.

Welcome Home M'lady he said with his always curtious bow of his head.

Thank You Oswald, it's good to be back even if it is only for a few more days. This was her home now and she was so looking forward to spending a few restful days here, nothing like before the wedding and all the organising that needed to be done she thought. Is Lord Arthur at home? She asked enquiring as she noticed a note on the entry hall table.

He is M'Lady he said, In the study, Lord Arthur did say if you needed you could find him there.

She picked up the note from the entry table and turned to Oswald again, Oh, thank you Oswald, passing him the bag she had bought back from her house she asked Would you kindly take this up to our room for me and I shall go see what my Husband is up to she grinned.

Certainly, M'lady he said as he let a little smile appear, I'll see to that for you. Is there anything else M'Lady would like?

No I am fine Oswald thank you, I'll just go see what Lord Arthur is up to. she smiled.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:47 am

Lynna wrote:Lynna looked at the note and opened it as she read it her face lit up,

Arthur wrote:Dear Wife,

I miss you.. I miss you.. I miss you.. I miss you.. I miss you.

There are so many words in the world and only three of them come to mind right now. I apologize for not being able to spend as much time with you due to my hectic schedule, and I hope to remedy that. I wish that I could spend all day and evening with you and perhaps another date is in order to facilitate that.

Will you meet me tomorrow at the Gardens of Coventry Castle? I want to spend time alone with you... We will be having a picnic in the Gardens and I hope that weather cooperates this time unlike in Holywell.

I love you completely..

Your husband,

~ Arthur

She giggled to herself realising her husband had asked her for a formal date, as he had been so busy since their return. She looked around to make sure none of the staff were about to hear her or see the colour of her cheeks, though they would be disguised from the chill and the ride she could still feel their warmth. He is so sweet and loving under the exterior he shows to some she thought, smiling still as she thought how romantic it was.

She went into the parlour to the small writing desk in there, opening it she sat to quickly write a reply smiling to herself as she thought.

Lynna wrote:My Dear Husband,

I have missed you also, no need to apologise as I treasure all and any of our time together, that you are always with me in my thoughts.

I would love to accompany you on a picnic in the Castle gardens tomorrow, till then my Love.

With much love,
forever and always.

Your wife
~Lynna

She smiled as she folded the note before heading into Arthur's study.

She opened the door seeing his head down as he was looking over some papers with his quill in his hand. He looked deep in thought and she had hoped there was nothing serious he was thinking about.

Hello my Love she smiled but spoke softly as she approached him behind the desk, she placed her hand on his shoulder as she leant down to kiss his cheek. She placed the folded note on his desk. It looks like you have been busy since being home Love, as she saw letters opened and others waiting to be sent piled on his desk.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:48 am

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur looked up to his wife and smiled. My love! Oh how I've missed you! He slid his chair back, and pulled her into his lap. He cupped her cheeks and placed kisses all over her face as if he had forgotten her features and was trying to remember them. She was giggling in his arms, her hands on his chest.

I miss you, I love you, I miss you, I love you. He smiled at her before sitting back in his chair and his arms wrapping around her waist. You've been gone too long.. He noticed she had placed a letter on his desk discretely, or well.. she tried to be, but it didn't work. He grabbed the letter and opened it, reading it to himself while imagining her voice.

My Dear Husband,

I have missed you also, no need to apologise as I treasure all and any of our time together, that you are always with me in my thoughts.

I would love to accompany you on a picnic in the Castle gardens tomorrow, till then my Love.

With much love,
forever and always.

Your wife
~Lynna

Aww, my baby.. I'm glad you have agreed to the picnic. I was worried you would say no! He grinned while looking at her, his hand lightly trailing up her back. His face turned serious as he placed her note back on the desk and reached for another. He opened the letter, skimming it over once more before presenting it to his wife. Sweetheart.. I need to discuss something with you. He held the opened letter in his hand with it showing towards Lynna.

Dear Art,

I hope this letter finds you along your travels, and finds you in good health. I had hoped to deliver it to you myself but events have conspired against that so I have had to place it with a messenger and trust it will reach you.

I know our lives have diverged along different paths that may at times seem to be at odds. But perhaps not as much as it seems. Fate seems to be ruling the both of us. For me, it gave me Wolf without whom I could not survive. For you, it gave you Lynna, a wife who adores you. We have both found love and happiness, perhaps not by conventional means but binding and everlasting regardless. And I can’t tell you how happy I am for you that you have found someone to share your life and that makes you as happy and fulfilled as Lynna does. I know how this changes one’s life for the better and the joy it brings.

Here I am rambling again while my time is short and my need pressing. I’ll try to get straight to the point, never one of my strong suites.

The times we live in are dangerous. The path that fate has chosen for me has made them even more perilous. I am not concerned with myself but with Jack my stepson, and the babe I now carry. Yes, I am expecting, and thrilled to death about it. How does Uncle Artie sound to you? Well….we can work on that. Anyways that does bring me to my point.

You have always been a good friend, my best and closest one. And you are the only one I would entrust this to. If something should ever happen to Wolf and I, would you and Lynna look after and care for our children? Right now Jack is at the Plantation under the care of Ana. You know that formidable woman would never let harm come to him, but it would greatly ease my mind to know that you will also be looking out for him as well as our soon-to-be-born son.

I know what a huge imposition this is on you, especially as you begin your life with Lynna and perhaps a family of your own. I am sorry to burden you with this while on your honeymoon. It should be a time of carefree days and leisure, with no more weighty matters than what to have for dinner. But with matters as they stand now, this has been preying on my mind. I’m sure nothing is going to happen, but the fates have ideas of their own and I can’t deny that it is a possibility. If you feel you can’t in good conscience do this, please know I understand and it will not change the affection and high esteem I have for you.

Your friend always,
~Liz
He watched her face for a reaction, biting his lower lip.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:48 am

Lynna wrote:Lynna giggled as she fell into her Husbands arms when he pulled her onto his lap, lavishing her with kisses all over her face as he held her face still. She was smiling broadly as he sat back in his chair, her hands moving down his chest to his as he held her tight. I have missed you too Love she said as she rest her forehead against his before giving him a lingering kiss, I hate us being apart even if it is a short time.

He leant forward and grabbed her note that she had placed on the desk opening it reading it to himself, Of course I wouldn't say no, I would love to go on a picnic with my husband she smiled leaning back against him, I love you turning her head to kiss his cheek as he leaned forward again reaching for another letter. He looked a little more serious as he said he needed to discuss something with her What is it Love? She asked as he held the letter open to her she began to read it.

She looked down to the signature to see it was from Arthurs friend Lizabet before her eyes went back to the beginning. She read it quietly to herself taking it in, it saddened her to think that children were bought into a lifestyle that at times involved such dangerous encounters.

As she finished the letter she took it from Arthurs hand placing it back on to the desk, turning she looked at her husbands face he looked a little reserved waiting to see her response. She placed her hand along his jaw as she looked into his eyes, Love she said Lizabet is a close friend of yours and you have known each other a long time, you know her and you know how she would want her children raised Jah forbid if anything should happen to either her or Wolf.

She paused for a moment lowering her eyes before looking at him again, Arthur hadn't said a word yet about his own thoughts, she felt he needed to hear hers first so she continued looking into his eyes again she hoped he could see her sincerity. To be honest Baby, I don't see it an imposition at all, both Jack and their baby would be welcomed in our home and given all the love and protection they would receive from Lizabet and Wolf as if they were our own, always knowing who their parents are and how much they were loved.

If you feel the same I think you should answer this letter as soon as possible so that Lizabets mind can rest easy knowing that her children would be cared for should such an unfortunate event occur. What are your own thoughts Love? she asked ...
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:49 am

Arthur_loxley wrote:He listened to her logic and nodded acknowledging her view. We.. he said emphatically, need to respond. And I'm not sure what to do. I believe Jack is at home with Ana. I should check in on them both. Let's go look in on them later.

Oswald came into the study. Sir, there is some news from the capitol. Arthur motioned him to continue. There was a battle in Chester. Many were injured and wounded. The reports have not been confirmed yet and a list of casualties has yet to be produced. I will keep updating you with news as it comes in, m'Lord.

He sighed. Donnor.. aasha.. Liz.. Wolf. Many friends and family are in Holywell. The last time we saw them they were fishing and working with the University Rector, Lia. How did this progress to a battle?

Oswald answered. There has been no news as to the escalation or the provocation of the battle. Alright, Oswald. Keep me updated. Oswald nodded and left to tend to his other duties.

Arthur reached for the parchment concerning Donnor on the desk. His eyes closed briefly as he took a big breath. Then he opened it, reading it aloud for both Lynna and himself to hear:

Dear Lord Arthur,

My friend, it pains me to inform you that in reviewing the lists of the dead and injured in the battle that occurred in Chester, your brother, Donnor, was amongst the listed.

Truly you have my sympathies, for even with his belonging to the WoS, he was a brother, a father, a friend to many. The Hamilton family extends to you and yours, my friend, their condolences. If anything is needed, please do not hesitate to ask.

Most Sincerely,
Lady Nottingham
Gabrielle Hamilton de Grey

Arthur reread the letter to himself silently. He had a habit of reading aloud without understanding so he usually had to read twice. I need to find out more. Is Donnor dead? Injured? I need to know. He sighed thinking about his brother. He just found out he had a brother, and now he was probably dead.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:23 pm

Lynna wrote:We will go and check on them Love and make sure they aren't in need of anything, I think it's been a while since Lizabet has been at home. She was caressing his cheek when Oswald entered with some news from the Capitol. Lynna gasped as Oswald was telling of what he knew.

Her thoughts went with Arthur's as she wondered about those they knew as Arthur took the parchment reading out loud she sighed deeply shaking her head, thinking to herself hoping that the worst hadn't happened to his newly found brother. She didn't think Arthur could stand any more grief, he has lost so many lately.

As Arthur instructed Oswald to keep him informed she tightened her hand around his shoulder, This is terrible news my Love, of course you need to find out. Do you think you should return to Chester?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:23 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:
Lynna wrote:This is terrible news my Love, of course you need to find out. Do you think you should return to Chester?

Arthur tried to decide if he should go to Chester. It's dangerous in Chester. I cannot risk your life, and I don't want to be apart from you right now. I will need to rely on the intelligence reports and contact my sources in Chester to evaluate and review the situation in closer detail even though I am far away. He sighed hoping his brother was not dead.

Oswald came back in with a parchment in his hands, More news! Casualty List as confirmed by the County Captain.

County Captain - Kenrich wrote:Presumed Dead
Aldude is dead
Donnor is dead
moonfaerie is dead
Lizabet is dead
Vados is dead
Ralum is dead
jackal is dead
owfio is dead
bludshot is dead

Seriously Wounded
icy_flames

Superficial Wounded
Aasha
Maclennan

Lightly Wounded
thistletumbler
phillipthegravedigger
Jezreel

My brother.. presumed dead? And Lizabet?
He sighed as his head fell forward against Lynna's chest. ..and aasha wounded. I can't imagine the battlefield of Chester right now.

He noticed a few other names on the list: Moonfaerie - leader of the Wolves is presumed dead. And phillipthegravedigger, he sighed. A former Stafford Guard soldier joined the Wolves in battle? He growled. He knew there had been a leak in the Guard and now was sure it had been phillip.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:23 pm

Lynna wrote:She didn't want to be apart from him either if he went she would want to go with him, It doesn't sound like the danger is over there yet Baby she said softly. Oswald came back into the study saying he had more news, a casualty list. She looked at it in Arthur's hand her heart beating fast as she saw the names on the list.

As his head fell to her chest she caressed the back of his neck resting her chin on top of his head. She listened to him continue, This is not good Love You need to have confirmation. They had just been talking about Lizabet and her letter, she sighed deeply thinking of the unborn baby she carried, maybe Lizabet knew there was trouble looming is why she had to get word to Arthur she thought.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:23 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:He lifted his head to look into her eyes, his hands were on her hips. Let's go look in on Jack. It would do me good to get out of here for a while. If I don't, I may go mad. He sighed, and stood up. After kissing his wife gently on the lips, he called for Oswald to bring their cloaks. He helped Lynna place her cloak on and tied it loosely around her neck. His hands were on her arms, as he gazed into her eyes with sorrow looming. My brother may be gone.. He thought as he swallowed hard, not wanting to lose yet another sibling.

He placed his cloak on slowly as if in slow motion. He was going through the motions right now, not really focusing on anything around him. Donnor.. Lizabet.. dead. What am I to do? He thought immediately to those he should inform, but he couldn't before he knew more details. Jack.. Ana.. Emma, only a toddler.. he sighed as he thought of his niece. Rain.. he had a blank stare on his face. Oh my jah, Rain.. Donnor left her to protect her and Emma and may have gotten himself killed only days from Ludlow.

Love, he said aloud after a long silence. We should go to Ludlow soon. It is only proper for me to inform Rain of the events of Chester. He took her hand in his, and walked out the door to the carriage. Opening the door, Lynna entered first, then him after.

To the Stewart Plantation, he told the coachman. And make it fast.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:24 pm

Lynna wrote:Arthur seemed keen to leave all this behind for now as he said he wanted to go out to the plantation now. Alright Love she said, I am sure they are just fine but we can let Ana know what is going on, she sighed softly and pass on this news. They stood up his lips brushed against hers, Arthur called Oswald to gather their cloaks so they could head out to the Stewart plantation. Neither of them had been out there since the passing of their good friend Headdie.

She watched his features as he fastened her cloak tie, the worry and thoughts etched on his face. As Arthur mentioned going to Ludlow to inform Rain of this news, she wasn't sure what to think, all of this was happening so quickly. Finding out Donnor, a WoS, was his brother, the meetings at the Tudor house and the emotional strain, their wedding, the honeymoon which has been interrupted by this awful turn of events. She took his hand as they walked out the door waiting at the bottom of the steps for one of the carriages. She didn't want to mention the picnic her husband wanted tomorrow now, there were much more important issues for Arthur to tend to , they had plenty of time for picnics.

He helped her up into the carriage her husband giving the orders of their destination and to make it fast, she moved close to her husband as the carriage started to move, sliding her arm in his and resting her other hand on his upper arm.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:27 pm

[hrp]Cont'd at Stewart Plantation:[/hrp]

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur and Lynna made their way to the Stewart Plantation. They'd received news about Liz, but were not sure how they would inform poor Jack. In the carriage, he wrapped his arm around Lynna saying quietly, How am I going to tell Jack what may or may not have happened. We have no idea if she is dead.. and what about Wolf? We have no news on his whereabouts. He sighed, watching the gates of the Plantation open to allow them passage. It was only moments before they were at the doors of the house.

The coachman opened the carriage door, and he stepped out. He held his hand for Lynna to take as she got down. He straightened his vest.. nervous about how to approach the young boy with the news he had heard. He looked towards the door and then together, Lynna and he walked towards the door.

He held the knocker briefly before letting it fall to announce their presence at the door. He looked at Lynna as his hand fell down by his side and they awaited for the door to open.

Lynna wrote:There was a sombre mood in the carriage as they made their way to the plantation, her husbands arm securely around her, she rested her head on Arthurs shoulder thinking as he spoke. She looked up at him when he sighed, When we get there Love we should wait and see if Ana has had any news herself, maybe she has already said something to young Jack.

She sat up as the carriage made it's way through the gates to the house, taking her husbands hand as he helped her alight from the carriage. As they waited at the door she held his hand tightly giving it a reassuring squeeze.

--Ana wrote:As Ana is helping Jack to slip into his coat, she hears a knock on the door. Now what, she thinks anxious to be on their way. Scooting Jack into the kitchen to grab a quick biscuit before they leave she makes her way to the door. She opens it, her scowl becoming a confused expression as she recognizes Lord Loxley. Surprised by the unexpected visit, she blurts out, Lord Loxley,what are you doing here? It is then that she notices the woman at his side. She blushes and drops into a slight curtsy.

I'm so sorry, Mi'Lady, she says as she realizes this must be Lord Loxley's new wife whom she had heard of but hadn't yet met. She moves aside, opening the door wider.

Please excuse me, I don't know where my manners are. Mz. Liza would have my head if I kept you waiting out here, please come in. At the mention of Lizabet, her eyes tear up again and a thought occurs to her. She looks at Lord Loxley, at knot of fear coiling in her stomach. You haven't had news of her, have you? We had news that she... she...

Unable to continue, Ana breaks into sobs, grabbing the edge of her apron and bringing it to cover her face as she weeps.

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur walks into the house, Lynna by his side. He quietly speaks so as to not alert the little boy's ears. Lynna.. Ana. Ana, Lynna. My new wife. He cleared his throat before continuing, his hand holding Lynna's. I received some information that Liz was hurt.. maybe worse. His voice lowered, and he was careful with his statements to not cause Ana anymore emotional distress which was already seemingly taking a toll over her. He was also very aware that the boy was not too far from them and that he would have to be careful in case he overheard. I am trying to find out more information about her condition. I have several contacts in Chester, and hopefully, they will come back with good news. I don't know about him. He was careful not to name any names to not draw the boy's attention to their conversation.

Almost a week ago, I received a troubling letter from her. He took the letter out of his pocket to show to Ana. Were you aware of this?

[rp]Dear Art,

I hope this letter finds you along your travels, and finds you in good health. I had hoped to deliver it to you myself but events have conspired against that so I have had to place it with a messenger and trust it will reach you.

I know our lives have diverged along different paths that may at times seem to be at odds. But perhaps not as much as it seems. Fate seems to be ruling the both of us. For me, it gave me Wolf without whom I could not survive. For you, it gave you Lynna, a wife who adores you. We have both found love and happiness, perhaps not by conventional means but binding and everlasting regardless. And I can’t tell you how happy I am for you that you have found someone to share your life and that makes you as happy and fulfilled as Lynna does. I know how this changes one’s life for the better and the joy it brings.

Here I am rambling again while my time is short and my need pressing. I’ll try to get straight to the point, never one of my strong suites.

The times we live in are dangerous. The path that fate has chosen for me has made them even more perilous. I am not concerned with myself but with Jack my stepson, and the babe I now carry. Yes, I am expecting, and thrilled to death about it. How does Uncle Artie sound to you? Well….we can work on that. Anyways that does bring me to my point.

You have always been a good friend, my best and closest one. And you are the only one I would entrust this to. If something should ever happen to Wolf and I, would you and Lynna look after and care for our children? Right now Jack is at the Plantation under the care of Ana. You know that formidable woman would never let harm come to him, but it would greatly ease my mind to know that you will also be looking out for him as well as our soon-to-be-born son.

I know what a huge imposition this is on you, especially as you begin your life with Lynna and perhaps a family of your own. I am sorry to burden you with this while on your honeymoon. It should be a time of carefree days and leisure, with no more weighty matters than what to have for dinner. But with matters as they stand now, this has been preying on my mind. I’m sure nothing is going to happen, but the fates have ideas of their own and I can’t deny that it is a possibility. If you feel you can’t in good conscience do this, please know I understand and it will not change the affection and high esteem I have for you.

Your friend always,
~Liz[/rp]
I hadn't gotten the chance to write her a response back.. and now, I may not have the chance to. He sighed disappointed in himself. He was trying to be strong for Ana and young Jack, but it was a lot to bear. He stopped talking and took a deep breath. His eyes focused on the letter before him from Liz and awaited a response.

Lynna wrote:As the door opened Lynna held tight onto Arthurs hand as they entered, Hello Ana she said as Arthur introduced her. She stood quietly while the two discussed what news they had before Arthur produced the letter he had received from Lizabet. Lynna looked towards the kitchen hoping Jack wasn't on his way back before Ana could answer.

--Ana wrote:Ana takes a deep breath, wiping her eyes. She takes the letter from Lord Loxley with a shaking hand and reads it. A baby, she whispers to herself, feeling tears begin again. I didn't know. She lifts her eyes to Lord Loxley. It's almost as if she knew, she says in a broken voice. She hands the letter back.

Jack and I are on our way to Chester. I can't believe she's dead, she tells them with a quick glance towards the kitchen. I've told Jack that there was a battle, but not much else, only that his parents were missing. She sighs and drops her eyes. As long as there's a chance Mz. Liza is alive, I didn't have the heart to say more.

--Jack wrote:Jack comes running into the hall, a biscuit in one hand and holding Six Paws in the other arm. Ana, Cook gave me some cookies to bring, he says as he races towards her with a grin. Seeing the visitors he skids to a halt. He looks between them, taking in their somber looks. The grin drops from his face. He moves to Ana's side and let's Six down. He looks up at Ana, worry on his face. Though he knew they were going to find his missing parents, the severity of the trip had been overshadowed by his childish eagerness to travel. The reality was brought home to him as he takes in the adult's serious demeanor and Ana's red eyes. He bites his lip and glances nervously and a bit shyly at Lord Loxley.

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur's brow furrowed, To Chester? You can't go. He looked out the door towards the plantation gates. Where is your escort? Before he could continue questioning Ana, he saw Jack race towards the group. Arthur kneels before Jack, looking into his eyes, You forgot about me already? A forced smile creeps across his lips to try to ease the tension in the room. I hear you're going to visit your mother in Chester. You excited? Arthur swallowed hard and looked up between Ana and Lynna. He knew he was lying to the boy, but he couldn't help it. He didn't want the boy to be distraught and hopefully Liz was fine. He foolishly tried to convince not only Jack, but himself.

Arthur reached out and placed his hand on the boy's shoulder. Ana is waiting on an escort to Chester before you two can go.. There are a lot of soldiers in Chester. Lynna, he looked up at his wife then back down to the boy, and I just came from Holywell. We saw your mother less than a week ago. She and Wolf were doing great, studying in the University daily, if I recall.

--Jack wrote:Jack looks up into Lord Loxley's face and some of his worry fades. He remembers him as his mother's neighbor and Deke's owner, the puppy he sometimes played with in the yard. He gives him a faint smile as he hears of his parents and nods. Ana says they're getting edicated, he says proudly. As he talks, his free hand finds the skirt of Ana's dress and twines in the fabric. He glances up at her. He had caught a bit of what Lord Loxley had said as he approached and hopes she hasn't changed her mind about their trip.

--Ana wrote:Ana feels Jack hand and leans over, slipping a comforting arm about his shoulders. She looks back up at Lord Loxley. We're going to have a nice, safe journey, she tells him, hoping he wouldn't ask too many questions in front of the boy. I've a letter here to Mz. Liza's cousin, Kenrich Stewart. He'll make sure we get where we want to, she says putting an edge of confidence in her voice. She was going to get to Holywell and no armies were going to stop her. Don't you worry none about us, Lord Loxley. We'll be just fine. She smiles at him, grim determination on her face.

Arthur_loxley wrote:He stands up, taking Lynna's hand in his again, looking at Ana. If your escort does not show up, let me know and I will make arrangements with my personal Guards to take you directly to Holywell. He looked back at Lynna, then down at the boy. Ask your mother to take you fishing in Holywell. Maybe you will have better luck than Lynna and I did last week. Arthur wrapped his arm around Lynna, looked at Ana. You'll send news once you know more, won't you?

Last edited by arthur_loxley on Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:27 pm

--Ana wrote:Ana nods. Of course, as soon as I can, she says. She looks down at Jack. Wanting to have a word with Lord Loxley out of the boy's hearing, she gives him a gentle nudge towards the door. You go on and wait for the carriage, she tells him. She waves her hand at the monkey. And take that creature with you. Mind you make your manners to Lord and Lady Loxley first. She watches as the boy scoops up the monkey and makes a small bow to them mumbling Pleased to meetcha, before scrambling out the door.

Ana waits to make sure the boy is gone before turning back to Lord Loxley.
Thank you, Mi'Lord, her eyes to go Lynna, and Mi'Lady, for coming out here. She drops her glance to the letter still in Lord Loxley's hand. The thought of her mistress's unborn baby wrings her heart but steadies her resolve. When she brings her eyes back up, all threat of tears are gone. I know Mz. Liza thinks an awful lot of you and you've been friends for a long time, but there's no need for that paper. She's going to raise her children herself and live to see them married right and proper. As for that... Ana stops herself and bites her tongue, knowing it wasn't her place to say more, whatever her private thoughts of her mistress's husband. As for her husband, we'll find him too. For Jack's sake, she adds, almost as an afterthought.

Through the door Jack had carelessly left open Ana hears the carriage roll up and the driver call down to Jack. She turns back to the couple, appreciative of their taking the time to come out there but her eagerness to get traveling begins to make itself known and her foot taps impatiently before she can stop it. She forces it still before they mistake her anxiety for disrespect but looking at Lord Loxley she can see that he mirrors some of her concern. She manages a brave smile.
I know she's fine. I'm going to find her and bring her home, she says with an emphatic nod.

Lynna wrote:She wanted to say something to the boy but he was hurried out the door, before she could, Travel safely then Ana, I'm sure Captain Kenrich will find you safe passage through to Chester, and he could even have news of Lizabet or Wolf as soon as you get word too him, if not I am sure he will be of great assistance for you. There wasn't much else she could say as her husbands arm went around her, she looked back to Ana, by the look on Ana's face she was eager to get going. Please, if you need us for anything don't hesitate to send word, be careful and take care on the way.

--Ana wrote:Ana nods distractedly, her mind already racing ahead to the journey and the possible complications ahead of them. The first thing was to stop in Coventry on their way and make arrangements to deliver the letter to Captain Stewart. Then to see about getting a permit. Once there, she still has to find them. All she had was the address of a cottage in Holywell, but surely once there someone would know something. Her mind keeps wanting to stray to thoughts of what she might find in Chester but she pushes those thoughts away, refusing to even consider the worst.

Yes, Mi'lady. Thank you again for coming. Her eyes find Lord Loxley's and she motions to the letter in his hand. I'll be happy to carry an answer to that for you. I know she'll rest easier once she hears, she says with a slight frown. The letter had been dated almost a fortnight ago. Worry about Jack must have been weighing heavy on her mind. Ana curses Wolf to herself, blaming him for getting her mistress caught up in all this. Yet Mz. Liza was nothing if not stubborn. It would be hard indeed to make her do something she really didn't want to. This thought cheers her up slightly as she knows how strong Mz. Liza's will is and that she would never give up.

As she sees them to the door, she grabs her cape and pulls it on, checking the pocket for her own letter to Captain Stewart. Glancing out, she notices that Jack has already seated himself in the carriage, the monkey sitting docilely on his lap. She turns her attention back to the couple, waiting for them at the door.

Arthur_loxley wrote:I.. haven't written a response yet. I haven't put into words what I need to say yet. I.. haven't had the time, he muttered. His eyes dropped down to look at the floor. He looked back up to Ana's eyes, and changed the topic. Send me news when you find her in Chester. He wasn't specific to say county or town as he was unsure of her whereabouts after the army battle that had taken place.

He pulled Lynna out the door to stand at the front. His carriage about 15 feet away. He waited until Ana entered her carriage before he made his way with Lynna to theirs.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down