Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP] Gardens at Tudor Estate - Storm Off from Donnor's Room

Go down

[RP] Gardens at Tudor Estate - Storm Off from Donnor's Room Empty [RP] Gardens at Tudor Estate - Storm Off from Donnor's Room

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:20 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur and Lynna entered the Gardens after the verbal altercation between Donnor and him. He was upset.. not angry.. just upset. His eyes closed just as they stepped outside, and he took a big breath of fresh air in... and then he let it out. His hands came up to his face, and he hid behind them momentarily. His hands slid down his face, his chin lifted up while his eyes opened wide and stared at the blue sky above. His palms came together, and his chin rested on top of his fingertips. He took another deep breath, while his thoughts circled around his Aunt's words:

Lady_Brianna wrote:Isolde was heartbroken but you understand it was not her ability to disobey her husband..

His chin came down to rest on his thumbs, his palms together in front of his mouth. Donnor... is my brother. He took another deep breath, closing his eyes as he replayed the verbal lashings from Donnor in his mind:

Donnor wrote:What’s the matter? Afraid I will try and pick your pockets? Are you ashamed that I am a wolf and will most likely bring shame to your family? Might I remind you this is news to me as well? Imagine what the wolves will think of me once they find out you are my brother…I will always be watched suspiciously now. A shame, all those people I stepped on, murdered, and destroyed to get to where I am with the wolves…I hope that wasn’t all for nothing.

Arthur hadn't processed what he was saying. He heard words, but didn't understand their meaning during the fight. He whispered recognizing Donnor had called him... brother.

Donnor wrote:Imagine the rumors that will come from this. He is my brother and yet we are both on opposite sides of the law…my side being the better of the two but that’s a whole other conversation on its own.

Arthur physically cringed with the replaying of the fight and realizing he had completely disregarded Donnor's words... again, brother. he thought to himself.

Lady_Brianna wrote:Donnor Please don't attack your brother either or i will make you both sit holding hands

He had missed the label of brother. Not once.. not twice.. but three times. His hands fell down by his side as he felt defeated. His eyes were closed, and his head was facing down.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

[RP] Gardens at Tudor Estate - Storm Off from Donnor's Room Empty Re: [RP] Gardens at Tudor Estate - Storm Off from Donnor's Room

Lynna wrote:They stepped out side and Lynna could hear Arthur taking in a deep breath almost a gasp as if what happened inside was stopping him fom breathing and only now he felt he could. His hands covering his face he looked alone in his thoughts, even though she was right next to him she wasn't sure what she could say or do that could help the situation. She looked around and saw the seat further along the path surrounded by the garden, she thought they could make their way there and be out of sight from the rest of the house.

His hands still near his face as he was obviously thinking about what had just happened, she stepped closer to be in front of him placing her hands around his , hers small in comparison but their warmth would hopefully radiate some comfort. Arthur, my Love she kissed his hands as she leant into him her voice soft and gentle. I understand you must be hurting terribly, I can't say that I understand everything that just happened, but what I do know is that with this revealation you have another brother, Donnor. She paused for a moment, Walk with me to that seat we passed today in the garden Love so we can talk about it or we can just sit for a while so you can have some time to think about what has happened and what it all means to you now.

She brushed her lips over his fingers a little furrow in her brow as she looked up into his eyes, as his head was dropped waiting to see what he would want to do...
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

[RP] Gardens at Tudor Estate - Storm Off from Donnor's Room Empty Re: [RP] Gardens at Tudor Estate - Storm Off from Donnor's Room

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur couldn't process the news:

Lynna wrote:I understand you must be hurting terribly, I can't say that I understand everything that just happened, but what I do know is that with this revealation you have another brother, Donnor.

Defeated, Arthur couldn't feel his legs. He didn't want to move.. to walk.. he felt his legs could give way any second. Lynna's hands gave him a warmth that he was needing badly. He pulled her forward in an embrace and collapsed against her body. He couldn't speak, and didn't really want to either. He had no voice at all.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lynna wrote:She was still holding his hands when he pulled her close embracing her tightly she felt his weight on her as she wrapped her arms around his waist, he didn't utter a word. Her hand moving caressingly on his back as her head rested on his shoulder giving him the time he needed, the couple stood there in each others arms.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur had been holding Lynna in his arms for a while before he spoke. He whispered in her ear:

I don't want another brother. I lost Bridget and Rexx already. Bridget was lost in Ireland, and I couldn't protect her. Rexx was in Coventry while I was away on Guard business and being so close, I couldn't protect him either. I can't handle losing another. It's too hard.

He doesn't even need me.. or want me to be his brother. He is ashamed of me and the way I am. He's a wolf, and I'm a Guard. We are complete opposites. He abandoned his wife and newborn, his immediate family. Where does his loyalty lie? I could never leave you and our child.

Arthur stopped, his brow furrowed. He blinked and stopped talking, just holding Lynna tight. Hopefully, she hadn't caught that last part of his rant. He didn't even know where it came from. Lynna and him had never discussed the possibility of children...
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lynna wrote:After a while in an almost forced whisper Arthur began to speak, listening to him talk about Bridget and Rexx and how he couldn't protect them broke her heart. She knew them both, when Arthur first brought her to Coventry both Bridget and Rexx had decided to move, she had bought Bridgets home and pigs and Rexx's corn field. Rexx had decided to move back to Coventry after many months away and Arthur had been glad he had his brother close by once more.

She caressed the back of his head as he continued, she was just letting him speak as she listened. He had stopped and was still holding her tight, not sure if what she could say would be of any comfort.

My Love, you can't hold yourself responsible for the deaths of Bridget or Rexx, how were you to know what was happening with Bridget in Ireland, she was married and had her own life, you weren't to know she was alone and her heart was breaking I know you miss her terribly you were very close just finding each other before she moved away and Rexx was quiet and kept to himself alot you can't know what was happening if he kept things to himself. She tried hard to console him, was what she was saying going to help or make matters worse, he needed to be realistic in what he expected of himself.

Thinking of his words about Donnor she took in a deep breath and wanted to say what she heard and how he has interpreted it. She bought his face around so she could see his eyes, her hand against his cheek, sadness in her eyes from talking about his family and now Donnor another brother.

Love, the past months hasn't helped what has come about at all, you felt betrayed because of what happened in Coventry after defending Donnor and to now find out he is your brother is like cutting you with a steel blade. The two of you lead such different lives it's no wonder you feel the way you do, I can only imagine him having the same thoughts. How do two people from different sides,different lives, and different purposes in life even begin to come together, how do they get to know each other and trust each other, when there has already been deep set opposition.

Thinking ahead of what she was going to say hoping some compromise could be reached between the two.This is going to be difficult for you and Donnor and the people you both associate with, those people are secondary you first need to work on your own needs or if you even want to acknowledge them, you thought you knew him and defended him, things can be different, I know they can, if you just give each other a chance. It doesn't mean either of you have to talk about business and bring those lives together or try and change each other, I don't think that will ever happen, but maybe just maybe if you sit down and talk to each other thinking of each other as family some kind of bond can be formed. His mention of their own children, made her feel warm inside but she couldn't really think of that now, they would have a family of their own one day and she knows he would do everything he could to protect his own.

She had said enough, she could of gone on but was it really her place to. She only knew of certain things and she shouldn't assume. All she really wanted was them to take a chance and talk about this honestly and openly, could either of them do that, she didn't know.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:21 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:He was having a hard time rationalizing everything, and needed a voice of reason. Lynna tried to help him understand the circumstances concerning the loss of both his siblings:

My Love, you can't hold yourself responsible for the deaths of Bridget or Rexx, how were you to know what was happening with Bridget in Ireland, she was married and had her own life, you weren't to know she was alone and her heart was breaking I know you miss her terribly you were very close just finding each other before she moved away and Rexx was quiet and kept to himself alot you can't know what was happening if he kept things to himself.

Bridget.. she invited me to Scotland when she left. I couldn't go. A sense of guilt washed over him. Then when she was leaving for Spain, she invited me again. And I could not go. He held Lynna tighter in his arms. When she decided to settle in Ireland, she begged me to come with her. Again.. He sighed. I did not go. She was seeking me out. To help her, and I refused. It's all my fault, I couldn't protect her.

Hearing her speak of Rexx, he thought about his brother. He was quiet.. but I should have made more of an effort. Involved him in the Guard.. gave him a sense of duty. I know he was heart broken when Katico left him. He didn't know what to do. Heart break can be so devastating.

He was quiet again. His face buried in her neck. He could smell the scent of her body and it distracted him long enough for him to hear her next rationalization.

Lynna wrote:Love, the past months hasn't helped what has come about at all, you felt betrayed because of what happened in Coventry after defending Donnor and to now find out he is your brother is like cutting you with a steel blade. The two of you lead such different lives it's no wonder you feel the way you do, I can only imagine him having the same thoughts. How do two people from different sides,different lives, and different purposes in life even begin to come together, how do they get to know each other and trust each other, when there has already been deep set opposition.

Donnor did betray me. How can I ever trust him? He attacked my home because of political reasons. He lied to me.. that compounds the hurt. Dishonesty, disloyalty, and betrayal. These are things I cannot cast aside so easily. This goes beyond business. Arthur sighed as he realized, he may not be able to sit down at a table with his own... brother.

Arthur took Lynna's hands in his, his eyes cast down to the stone walkway they were standing on. I just don't.. know. I don't know.. if I can do it. Sit there.. and listen to him speak. Everything out of his mouth... is a lie. How can I sit there and pretend everything is ok? It's such hypocrisy. I cannot subject myself, or you, to that. He looked up into her eyes, needing more comfort and reassurance. How can a bond be formed, when it is broken before it even begins?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:21 pm

Lynna wrote:She listened as Arthur voiced his thoughts, You didn't refuse Love, it was just everything that was happening around you, you didn't realise or know why she wanted to see you, you mustn't blame yourself for their deaths. Bridget always seemed so happy you had no reason to think there was something going on behind a facade of happiness, if that is what it was. Did you forget you went to Scotland, you paid her a short visit while she lived there, I remember because I missed you terribly. If there was something wrong she would have let you know surely, She felt terrible for making comments like that but he cannot burden himself with something he couldn't of prevented if he didn't know. His head buried in her neck she caressed him again trying to comfort him.

He looked at her again, she could see the despair in his face, I don't think we will ever understand the motive behind the WoS attack on Coventry, their reasons made no sense, it was even home to Wolf for so long who would of thought he would of been involved in hurting people who once thought of him as a friend. Donnor did betray you, he played many people as fools not only you Love, you were there supporting him and for him to turn around and do that to our home is unforgivable.

She sighed heavily wondering if the two will ever make some kind of peace, I for one would never expect you to pretend that everything is alright, I know it won't be. There will always be that pain of betrayal and dishonesty and you can't hide that, you will never be able to trust him completely the WoS seem to be loyal to each other before family unless you are part of that family.

This dinner is not going to be easy Love, the day has been forced onto both of you and maybe Bri thought having more people around would make it easier for you both when in fact it has made the revealation more tense. she held his hand and bought it to her lips, rubbing her lips on his fingers while she thought.

She caressed his cheek again with her other hand so he would bring her eyes to hers, Arthur, my Love lets go back inside when you're ready to we'll take a seat at the table for dinner I will be there right next to you, you know I won't leave you to face this alone, if you need to leave the table we will leave together, I love you and will support whatever decision you make as to accepting or not accepting Donnor as your brother, in my heart I think you need to at least be able to talk to each other, even if it is only once, without the interference of others it won't be at the dinner table maybe after. She stood quietly with him again leaving him to decide what he will do.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:22 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:He was listening to her words and was tired. Exhausted from the emotional rollercoaster of the day's events, he was just defeated. He held Lynna's hands in his as he tried to make a decision.

Go.. Don't go. Go.. Don't go. Simple words for everyone else.. but to him, there was so much meaning attached. He just couldn't understand many things and he needed some answers. He was resolved to have as civil a discussion as possible with Donnor. Brother or not, he couldn't put off having the discussion any longer.

He looked into Lynna's eyes, took a deep breath.
Let's go to dinner. I need some answers.

Lynna would probably think it had to do with Donnor's abandonment, and family answers. But to Arthur, it was more than that. He needed answers about everything. Cumberland, Coventry, Family.. everything. It all needed to be spread out on the table.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lynna wrote:She watched the inner struggle he was having show on his handsome features, as his arms slid from her in what seemed like emotional exhaustion, he took her hand.

Looking into her eyes he finally spoke
Arthur wrote:Let's go to dinner. I need some answers.

She squeezed his hand and held onto his arm Alright Love, if you're sure let's go in.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:He took her hands in his, looking down at them. He sighed and led her in the doors towards the dining room where supper was about to be served. He held out Lynna's chair for her to sit, and then took a seat himself next to her. He held her hand in his upon the table, staring blankly ahead at the painting on the wall trying not to think about anything right now...
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:23 pm

Lynna wrote:He took her hands and sighed before leading her inside, he had hardly spoken, she hoped he could find some solace in her presence but right now she wasn't sure that even she had helped.

They reached the dining room, where he pulled out a seat for her and took one next to her, there was no one here yet just themsleves as he held her hand on the table. She was concerned at his now expressionless face as he stared blankly ahead, she leaned towards him swapping her hands leaving the one closest to him free to caress his arm lightly she leant in and kissed his cheek lightly, moving her hand to his jaw as she cupped it softly. She tried hard to imagine what Arthur was feeling inside and maybe at another time they could talk about it. I love you Arthur is all she could get out just so he knew she was here for him.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down