Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wharton's Lock

3 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Wharton's Lock - Page 3 Empty Re: Wharton's Lock

Post  MackenzieGael Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:53 pm

With a strained smile Mac nodded to the bowmen, her hand sliding up to her hip, reassured by the pressure of the dagger there and the one tied around her left knee.
"Aye, thank you kindly sir! I shall be careful."

She clucked to Crusher, lifting the reins and turning his head in the direction of mayor Icyflame's house. Approaching the estate from the south she was met by a group of bowmen who immediately stood at arms. They were fidgety and too quick to arm, spooked was a good word, but that was dangerous for herself. Anxious men made careless mistakes. She stopped Crusher and crossed her hands over the saddle, her eyes scanning the area, quickly taking in everything.

"I am Fletcher Fraser of the Chester Bowmen, arrived immediately from Beeston. May I inquire where to find the Captain?" She spoke, her voice sounding more firm and slick with authority than she felt at the moment.
MackenzieGael
MackenzieGael
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:53 pm

ReefMcSchmokin

He continued his patroll up High Street. Reef began to doubt, 'How do I approach her, what could I do?' Visions of fear flashed behind his eyes; steel, and blood; teeth, and claws. The cold made him shiver terribly.

Reef walked on, keeping a keen eye on the brush and wood. Hours have passed since he was called to this search, and still no sign. St. Winefride's Stood in the distnace as he turned down Well Street; a beacon of hope on this terrible day. 'Jah,' he thought to himself, 'if I could ever use your help it would be ---' Sudden movement on the east wall of the church interupted his thought. He quickly moved down the street keeping his eyes peeled on the spot.

When he approached he saw nothing... at first. Then a pair of eyes opened in the shadow of the bushes, and Reef froze with fear. He tried to gather some words, but they would not come. Without losing eye contact he lowered his shield to the ground, 'why did I even bother with this,' he thought to himself. Reef began to draw his sword, but hesitated.

SWISHHH!

"She's still armed!!!" Reef yelled out. The shadow broke from the bushes and sprinted east into the wood. Reef drew his sword and began persuit. Any fear that previously existed turned into rage.

After dodging trees and leaping over bushes, Reef suddenly stepped out into a wheat field. The open landscape offered him an oportunity to catch his breath and search with his eyes. 'This is Boleslaw's land,' he thought, 'That means Icy and the Bowmen are over ---' Reef turned to the south, took a deap breath, and cupped his hands around his mouth.

ICY, BOWMEN, ANYONE!!!!! SHE'S AT BOLESLAW'S!

The fugitive leapt from the field and continued running east, but much slower. Reef could see that she had sustained injury at some point. This chase was coming to an end. Reef called out again.

HEADING EAST!!!

Reef continued persuit, but chose to error on the side of safety and wait for the others to finally bring her down. 'At this point we're just tracking a wounded deer.' That thought was not a pleasent thought, rather a sad realization.

Admin
Admin

http://rkalternative.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecilywolfe Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:53 pm

Posted: 20 Jan 2008 16:46 Post subject:
She splashed the cold water over her face and braced her hands on the table, trying to keep herself together. With a deep sigh, she pushed her emotions down, threw her shoulders back and marched back downstairs. The figure she saw at the base of the stairs threatened to make her lose her composure.

Mac smiled warmly at her and Cecily could feel the tears pricking at her eyes. All she wanted to do was throw herself into her friend's arms and break down. Keep it together, keep it together, she told herself.

"You heard," Cecily stated softly. "Come with us, we'll talk later. Was Icy outside?"

Taking Mac by the elbow she pushed outside to find Icy.

"It's time," she told him. "Get the others."
Cecilywolfe
Cecilywolfe
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecilywolfe Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:53 pm

Frey walked towards the market. One arm held up the form of a child under her coat, the other hand clutched a crumpled note in her pocket. She looked over her shoulder but saw only unfamiliar faces behind her.

How can I do this....when should I do this.... Her hand closed and relaxed around the scrap of paper.

She glanced over her shoulder again. Nobody was walking behind her. A couple of women were chatting farther down the road, but we paying her no attention. Please be watching....

Frey tripped and as she stumbled to right herself, dropped the note. Please be watching....

Back to top Go down

Slater 19

Slater on the next street heard Reef scream. Rushing towards Boleslaw's house he could see a figure in the field, approaching it he thought, I hope I can do this. Getting closer he realized it was just Reef, Reef what's going on where did she go?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

ReefMcScmokin

Reef gestured towards the ground, "We follow the blood." Through the underbrush was a definite trail. "I think she snagged her foot when I chased her through the woods, and it's slowed her down quite a bit. She won't be running much farther." Reef looked over at his fellow marshall and smiled, "Thanks for coming. I don't think she wants to fight... I'm not even sure if she can at this point, but I didn't want to take her on alone either way."

The blood trail led northeast, and the two began to follow it. The fugitive was not far ahead.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:54 pm

Slater

When Slater got to Reef he showed him the blood trail, the two followeed the trail northeast. It was a relief to have company the patrol had been a trying experience with Slater's mind drfitng between concentration and fear. Suddenly the two bowmen heard something in the brush just off the trail Slater thought to himself, Could it be her? They both looked at each other and knew what they had to do, Let's check it out, together.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MackenzieGael Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:54 pm

Upon hearing her name the Bowmen stood down, but did not offer any further information. They shrugged and mumbled in regards to Icy's whereabouts, receding to the corner of the house to talk amongst themselves and further speculate on upcoming actions. Or so she assumed. Frustrated she slid off Crushers back, patting his head affectionately and leading him around the back of the house to the stables. A young boy, probably preteens with shaggy red hair stepped sleepily from the building, extending his hands for the reins.

"Please, loosen his saddle and continue walking him, and no water of food! I will be back"

Turning quickly she strode toward the house, and threw open the door, ready to search the entire place for someone who could give her answers. She stopped short, however, seeing Cecily at the top of the stairs, face ashen except for bloodshot eyes. She could tell her friend was struggling to maintain her composure and smiled warmly.

Quote:
You heard," Cecily stated softly. "Come with us, we'll talk later. Was Icy outside?"

Taking Mac by the elbow she pushed outside to find Icy.

"It's time," she told him. "Get the others."

Turning Mac pulled Cecily to her in a big hug. Despite her friends strength, she knew more couldn't hurt, and at the moment this was all she knew to do. Pulling back gazed at Ceci's face.

"I've got to go see to Crusher, he brought me here in record time and it's not fair to cast him off to a stable-boy. Would you like to come with me and... talk?"
MackenzieGael
MackenzieGael
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Celtic Dragon

Upon hearing the cry for assistance, I turn abnd grab the two nearest Bowmen, "You two with me, the rest take up defensive postions around the manor!"

I start sprinting towards the sound of the shout, not looking back to see if orders were being followed, just knowing that they would be.

I slow down upon entering the undergrowth and tangle of the trees...... "Heck of a place for an ambush, but we have to ensure this area is clear.....Jah above I hope it is......"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecilywolfe Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:54 pm

We don't have much time," Cecily said as she looked at the sun. Catching Icy's eye she nodded to him signaling they were ready to go.

"You can come along, but it may get dangerous." She spoke in a low voice as she headed towards the woods, where the other Bowmen had already disappeared into the trees.

Mac chuckled, "I haven't seen any danger in awhile. You know I'm there!" She cast a worried glance towards the stables before following on Cecily's heels.

They crept quietly through the woods, the damp leaf litter muffling their footsteps. Cecily knew that the other Bowmen were nearby, but couldn't see or hear them. Twigs and brush snagged at her skirts. She stopped briefly to tie them about her legs before pressing on.

Finally reaching the clearing, she stayed at the edge of the woods scanning for the outcropping the young Bowman had mentioned. Motioning for Mac to follow, she skirted the edge of the clearing until they reached the rocks. The ground looked undisturbed and she briefly wondered if the boy hadn't followed her orders after all. Then she glimpsed the bit of canvas sticking out from under the leaves.

A woodpecker call echoed through the clearing and she peeked around the rock letting the others see that she had taken her place. Kneeling down, she grabbed the corner of the canvas and pulled the long bundle out from under the leaves. A careful unwrapping revealed the smooth yew of her longbow. She skillfully strung the bow then turned to Mac mouthing the words, 'Now we wait...'
Cecilywolfe
Cecilywolfe
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

As she left town, Frey noticed the militia shouting, running off towards the east.

Her heart skipped a beat. Surely they haven't found her. She looked over her shoulder as she stepped westward off the road and onto the well-used deer trail. Her emotions ranged from fear to dread to heartache as she hugged the form under her coat to her chest and trudged forward.

Some distance into the woods, the cracking of twigs behind her caused her to stop and whirl around. Frozen in her tracks, she couldn't make up her mind whether to go towards the sound or flee. Silence. Her soft touch. Silence. Her smile. Silence. The black eye. Silence. Gryff....

She took off at a near run for the clearing. Not much farther..

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:55 pm

Reef McSchmokin

Quite some distance from the others, Reef and Slater continued to causiously follow the blood trail leading them through the woods to the northern edge of town. They made no attempt to chase, only follow, but they were definitley getting closer to the fugitive.

Finally, after an hour or more of cutting through the underbrush, the two Bowmen stepped out onto Bagillt Road. Reef looked around confused, "We've come a long ways."

"I had no idea," Slater replied. "Now we're definitely going to have to do this on our own."

Reef hadn't considered that. He thought that when it came time to finally bring her in there would be a host of Bowmen at hand to assist. But there was no one. Just two rookies... alone. 'Where is everyone,' he thought. 'They are going to come aren't they?'

Slater saw the concern on his comrades face, and understood "You allright, Reef?"

"Yeah." Reef looked to the other side of the road, and the blood trail that led there. "Yeah," he said again.

A wimper only a few yards into the brush on the other side of the road broke the tranquility. The two Bowmen snapped into position and stood silently, but there was no movement coming from where the sound originated. Slater glared at Reef with a look of sheer determintaion, "Ready?" He whispered.

Reef nodded. 'Ready or not,' he thought to himself, "Lets do this," He whispered back.

They crept accross the road and down the slope keeping as low as possible. Reef quietly pushed the branches back with his sword, and the two passed into the shade of the trees. Another whimper entered the air. Slater pointed straight ahead to a patch of briars a few feet away, and Reef gestured to halt.

"Myfawny," he called out in a hoarse voice, "you can't run anymore." He looked over at Slater and shrugged.

Slater spoke, "We have you surrounded and there are more Bowmen on the way. There's no point keeping this up."

Yet there was still no movement from the bushes. Upon hearing another whimper, the two made their way closer. Reef drew his sword up into an attack stance and pointed at the briar patch. Slater prepared to defend Reef.

"YAAAAA!" Reef yelled. A days worth of confusion, fear, and rage was unleashed. With three swipes of his blade the briar patch was reduced to kindling, and whoever was inside did not stand a chance against this soldier... But he stopped dead in his tracks when he made eye contact with his pray.

In the remains of the briar patch, huddled in a ball of blood and fur, alone and trembling, laid an innocent wolf cub. A crossbow bolt stuck out of its hind leg.

Reef dropped to his knees, and let his sword fall to the ground. He hung his head there for a moment then looked up at Slater with a grin. "Well," he said, "I think we caught her."

Despite the fact that both Bowmen were now safe, Reef was still concerned about the bolt. 'Was it meant for me?' he thought. "Perhaps we'd better continue this patroll together... until she's really caught." The cub whimpered again, and burried its snout in its paws.

"And what about the wolf?" Slater asked.

"I'm coming back for it. I owe the little guy that much, but he'll have to wait until we've caught the real bad guy."

With that the two Bowmen wandered down the road, (finally) continuing their patroll.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Slater

The two bowmen continued their patrol around the town of Holywell, still in shock of what had just occured. That bolt was an awakening to both the young bowmen, it somehow just made things real.

Slater couldn't get past eh fact that she got away...Again. I swore it was her, how can she keep getting away like that?,Slater thought to himself. Her luck will end eventually, and when it does we'll catch her.

Turning towards Reef, Slater said, We should probably get back to Icy's house and report in on what we saw. Maybe they have some new intel as well.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Icyflames

He wasnt about to let Cecily get too far away from him. She was much to unstable to allow to operate freely. The look in her eyes were nothing he had seen from her before. Light was growing thin, but her eyes seemed to glow red with rage and anger. She was not going to let anyone take Myfawny alive tonight.

He crept next to a tree to conceal himself fully waiting patienly for their prey to appear making sure to watch their back incase she attempted to surpise them from behind.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:56 pm

Celtic Dragon

Moving steadily through the woods, I give a quick glance behind me to ensure that I know where the others are......."Strange......I could have sworn, they were behind me...." I think to myself.

I pause to listen for the small noise to indicate where the two men might be. Nothing. No sound. Not even the birds are calling. "Ohhhh" Senses on full alert I peer throught the underbrush. Still nothing.

I deciede to move forward towards the alarm call. After about ten yards, that seemed to forever to croos, I spy a faint trail of blood and at least 3 sets of tracks. "I think I've got the trail."

I follow it, pasting a raod and notice a set of bushes that took a nasty beating..."Wonder what they did to tick someone off?" At that point I hear a soft whimpering and scratching coming from the bushes.

Peering closer, I notice a small wolf pup, with a bolt in it's leg.

I slowly remove my cape, and while moving forward, I talk to it in a soothing manner. "It's all right bigfella. I just want to have a look at that nasty in your leg." I pounce and trap the poor beast under the cloak.

He is full of fight, but can't do any damage. I quickly quiet him down.

"Now I have to figure out just where I am......."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Slater

Reaching Icy's manor the two bowmen can't find the either of the two people they need to find. Slater asks another bowman, Where are Icy and Cecily?

They went off in a hurry with Lady Mac, to look for Myfanwy.

Slater and Reef look at each other with mouths open.
What Lady Mac is here already?, Reef asks surprised.

Yes, she arrived just before you came back, the bowman answered.

Which direction did they go off in?, Slater asks.

The bowman pointed towards the woods.

Well I guess we know what direction to head, Slater says turning towards Reef.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

ReefMcScmokin

Reef looks to the woods where the Bowman pointed. "Back into the woods I suppose. It looks like they have that area surrounded. At this point we could probably just find a spot and wait for the action."

Slater nods in agreement, and points down the street, "How about over there then?"

"Sounds good," He replies, and the two soldiers walk down the street.

Celtic Dragon wanders up the way. Reef noticed that he was no longer wearing his traveling cape which reminded him that he had left his shield at St. Winefride's. He salutes his comrade, and inquires about the blood on his hand, "What's that from... Did you find anything?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecilywolfe Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:56 pm

More than an hour had passed. Cecily and Mac waited in silence, their attention focused. The damp chill had penetrated Cecily's thick cloak and she could no longer feel her feet.

She began to fear that Frey hadn't gone through with it...or worse. She was trying to shake that feeling when a breathless Frey stumbled into view. Cecily held her breath and kept her eyes on the edge of the woods.

An eerie calm filled her as she watched Myfanwy enter the clearing and approach Frey. She could sense the other Bowmen in their places, waiting for the opportunity to seize the murderess. Her gaze never leaving the woman, her breathing slowed, her jaw clenched.

Slowly, she raised her bow, not comprehending why, just knowing that she had to do it. Hands steady, she pulled back, all her attention focused on the petite redhead, the woman who had caused so much pain and death. Exhaling slowly, she released the sting.

Myfanwy stumbled forward a couple of steps before staggering to a stop, staring at the arrow in her chest. She looked up to the edge of the woods, her eyes meeting Cecily's as Cecily stepped out into the clearing. Dropping her longbow to the ground and pulling her dagger from its sheath, Cecily paced calmly towards her. The woman dropped to her knees and stared back with a look of shock and disbelief.

"Looks like we both lose," Cecily said softly as Myfanwy fell backward, her last breath gurgling from her lips. "I'm sorry, Frey."

Ignoring the Bowmen rushing from their places, Cecily pushed her way back to the woods. In the cover of the trees, she fell to her knees, her legs no longer strong enough to carry her. Her body shaking with adrenaline, she vomited before leaning back against the truck of a tree, knees pressed to her chest, her face buried in her skirt.
Cecilywolfe
Cecilywolfe
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

celtic dragon

Hale, friend Reef, I am well, just very nervous. The blood is not mine, but belongs to this littel welp I found. He has a bolt in his hind leg. I'm gonna find the locate smith and borrow a few tools to mend the little guy up..Can you direct me?"

I dare not loosen the cloak for fear he will further hurt himself, but I know that I must act fast to stem the flow of blood.

"I would be glad for an escort, as my hands are full and I can't defend myself against Myfawny."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:57 pm

Icyflames

cy picked up his trembling duchess whom was still in a state of shock from the day's events. Removing her from the screaming and shouting would be best for her to recover. Issuing orders for the other Bowmen to see to Frey, round up the other patrols and to take up Myf's body while he tended to Cecily. He carried her back to his manor to get warm and to settle down.

Once back at his manor he stoked a fire and wrapped her in blankets to take the chill from bones. he grabbed a bottle of wine then realized... Wine will not do for tonight. Instead grabbing a strong bottle of whiskey. This would help calm her nerves and allow her to relax.

Cecily, here.. Drink this. It was all meant to be this way.

He took a seat beside her by the fire.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecilywolfe Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:57 pm

She sat curled in the chair staring into the fire, clutching the cup of whiskey like her life depended on it.

"It's really over, isn't it?" she almost whispered to Icy, her eyes still focused on the flames licking at the logs in the hearth. "He's really..." her voice cracked.

"Dead," Icy finished her sentence.

Cecily nodded slowly and took another sip of whiskey.

"And she's really..."

"Cecily, they are both gone."

A chill ran up her spine and she shivered, spilling some of the whiskey onto the blanket. "Why did it have to be this way?" she asked as tears welled up in her eyes.
Cecilywolfe
Cecilywolfe
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

icyflames

Seeing her huddled by the fire was an unsual sight for the Captain. Usually she projected strength and leadership, but today he noticed a wide range of qualities spilling forth, some of which were quite the opposite he was used too. Now, instead of the Duchess he saw an emotionally broken woman, beyond that of a grieving widow. Tending to the needs of a woman was completely foreign to him, let alone one that was this vulnerable. Unsure of weather or not he should try a few tender of kindness or be stern with expectations for her to jump right up to continue with her duties.

He called for Sylvia to bring some food. Last thing he needed was her to get too much wiskey in her system. Just enough to calm her nerves was all that was needed. As they ate a few morsels, Icy tried to console her as best he could.

Cecily, I want you to stay here for at least a few days to recover. Last thing you need is all the daily demands of your manor hounding you. Let me see to those details for you. As for tonight, you need to rest now. He put his arm around her hoping she would soon fall asleep.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bloodstone

reoccupied with the events of the last 24 hours, he didn't hear the Bowman calling his name until the man was within a few feet of he, and his mount.

"Lord Bloodstone, the search is called off, they got her!", he stated with a self-satisfied grin.

"What are you talking about lad ? Who got Who ???", he asked back, the confusion evident in his face, and his question.

"The Bowmen killed that MyFawney person, the one that killed Grendell at the Mayor's house.", he stated with that matter of fact voice that tell one that the statement made was an obvious one, akin to the sky being blue.

"Gren, dead ?!?!?! Hells Bells man !!", he shouts as he wheels his mount towards Holywell and Icy's house.

The ride into town was a blur, his thoughts on what could have possibly happened......

stopping in front of the Mayor's house, he handed his reins to a waiting Bowman and entered the house.

Seeing Cecily sobbing, and Icy trying to comfort her, he moves quietly to her side, and with a glance at Icy, he kneels down next to her chair and places a hand on her sobbing back.

"Cec, it's Stone.... I just heard what happened.......I came as fast as I could,...... I am here."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MackenzieGael Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:57 pm

Mac stood motionless, watching the events before her as though it were a dream. She hadn't known Ceci's plans, but didn't begrudge her the killing either. This would mentally draw closure for her as well as ridding the world of an evil who'd caused more harm than good. Anyway, it was more Cecily's right to take the woman's life than a hangman's, Myfanwy'd killed her husband.

When Cecily moved from the clearing, she stood from her perch to go to her friend, but Icyflames seemed to beat her....

A good hour later Mackenzie pushed her way through the group of bowmen huddled outside the mayor's house and through the door. Her skirts were stained with mud and grass and her hair unruly but she didn't care. She was here to help and nothing now would stop her.

She peered through the doorway, nodding at Icyflames before heading to the kitchen where she was requested a teapot and some cups. The housekeeper, a stern looking woman, gave her a glare but complied with her wishes. Stepping over to the warm fire, Mac squatted and pulled several handfuls of a sweet smelling herb from her pocket dropped a good bit in the post.

"Madame Sylvie, can you put the rest of this up for me? I'm sure Cecily will need it later."
MackenzieGael
MackenzieGael
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:58 pm

icyflames

Stone arrived after a few minutes of sitting with Cecily. He moved closer to offer his services. Allowing him to do so, Icy moved away to care for other things. A group of Bowmen were arriving. Please come in everyone. Showing them to a dinner area that would comfortably seat everyone.I offer lodging here for anyone out of town that needs a place to stay. There are many things that will need tended too.

A messenger was sent to Lady Fugue house to make sure Frey and Gryff were safe.

Another messenger would be sent in the morning to Wharton's Lock to let them know of the news that had recently passed and to make arrangements accordingly. The Duchess would not be returning for a few days and where they she could be reached if needed.

He proceeded to guest bedroom where Cecily and Grendell has slept. Sylvia had already removed the bloody clothing. Icy removed the rest of Grendell's clothing and belongings and stowed them away in a bag his private chambers. He didnt want Gren's memories resurfacing while she was trying to grieve. After making the final preparations the Captain went back downstairs to see if she how she was doing in Stone's care.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next