Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wharton's Lock

3 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Wharton's Lock - Page 2 Empty Re: Wharton's Lock

Post  Cecilywolfe Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:47 pm

"Icy, just the person we were looking for. There wasn't any time to send word ahead. We just got news morning that we needed to come here." Cecily briefly relayed the story of the morning's visit from the King's men. "Thank you for your hospitality, but we don't want to impose. We'll be by in the morning to fill you in on the rest of the details."

In the tavern, they were informed by a surly innkeeper that the private rooms were all occupied. Looking at the filthy state of the main hall, Cecily could only speculate what the rooms would look like and what kind of vermin would be sharing the mattresses. She looked at Gren and could tell by his expression that he was having the same thoughts. Politely declining, they backed out of the tavern.

They found Icy just up the street trying to look casual, but obviously distracted by something. He jumped a bit as she called out to him, but quickly recovered himself. "I think we will take you up on the accommodations after all."
Cecilywolfe
Cecilywolfe
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:47 pm

Feeling tired and looking pale, the days exertions having taken their toll on him, Grendell leans to the wall while Cecily speaks to Icy. A vague nudge against his leg causes him to turn round but nothing is immediately apparent and he goes back to watching icy and cecily talk.

Nodding his thanks to icy when he points them in the direction of his home and offers to walk with them he shoulders the packs once more and follows Cecily, taking the opportunity to watch her hips sway as she walks.

'What are you grinning at?' she queries as they arrive.

'Nothing dear, nothing at all' he replies innocently as they move inside.

Lifting their packs onto icy's table he calls out to Cecily, 'Myfanwy's in town'

'How do you know?' she asks him, a puzzled look creasing her brow.

Slowly he spins his pack round, from the back juts the tell tale feathers of a crossbow bolt. 'I felt the impact earlier but didn't realise what it was, either she's tired or it's just a warning. Which ever, she knows we're here. We need to get Frey and Gryff out fast come first light. Any news on when we can expect the Warhound? in Fact - Icy - have the docks said anything about preparing for her arriv.....hang on you've got apples!! where on earth did you find them? Man's a genius'

'Cecily, hold him down while i steal them and i promise you the best ever apple crumble with cinnamon and if we're lucky i still have some cream left from the chester market'

Admin
Admin

http://rkalternative.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:47 pm

Icyflames

Startled to see his friends again, he tries not to be too overly anxious in watching Lady Moonfaerie. The last thing he needed was for them to see him acting afool over her.

I will let Miss Sylvia, the caretaker of my estate, know of your arrival. I had sent a messenger to have her make arrangements for you. We can meet up in the morning to discuss Myfawny further. Please be wary of her, she can get quite moody when she feels the need. She is good at what she does, but can be fairly crass at times.

I have no news concerning the docks. Been really quite lately. Then again fishing boats going in an out she could easily have slipped up river without detection.

Seeing Gren's eye light up seeing the fruit, Icy pulled them aside.. Wait for breakfast you gready man

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecilywolfe Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:47 pm

She blanched at the sight of the bolt stuck in the pack and gave Grendell a concerned look. "I hope daybreak is soon enough."

Her stomach grumbled loudly and she realized she had not eaten a decent meal since that morning. "There's no way I am going to make it until breakfast," she laughed and began rummaging through the cupboard.

"Ahh, Love...?" Gren called.

She turned to answer him and found herself staring straight into the face of a rather stern-looking woman. Disapproval all but dripped off of her as she moved to position herself between Cecily and the cupboard.

"You must be Miss Sylvia," Cecily smiled sheepishly and backed slowly away from the woman. "Pleasure to meet you. We were just..."

"I'll show you to your room," Sylvia said briskly as she marched up the stairs, motioning for them to follow. Gren grabbed their packs and the pair dutifully followed Sylvia to their room.

Cecily closed the door behind her and tried to suppress a giggle. With a mischievous grin, Grendell flopped back on the bed and bounced up and down causing it to squeak against the wall. Cecily burst out in a fit of laughter. "Stop," she cried. "Keep that up and she'll throw us out before breakfast."

Pouring some water from the ewer by the table, she began to wash off the dust from the road. A loud rap at the door stopped her and she shot Gren a look that said, 'I told you so.' Miss Sylvia entered without being invited and set a tray of food on the table.

"Is there anything else you require?" she asked formally.

Distracted by the promise of a meal, Cecily started to say no. "Oh, wait. Would you happen to know if a ship called the Warhound is docked here?"

Sylvia looked insulted. "I do not concern myself with the workings of the docks," she said to Cecily's disappointment. "But, I did happen to overhear mention of this ship at the market today. If there is nothing else..." Miss Sylvia was gone, door shut tightly behind her before Cecily could even say thank you.
Cecilywolfe
Cecilywolfe
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:48 pm

Unnable to bite his lip any longer Grendell bursts out laughing. 'Well the Wolfe tamed eh ha ha' Opening the door askance he walks down the stairs and asks the house mistress for a pitcher of water and some goblets for drinking. Miss Sylvia points out the various pieces as she pulls on her coat, 'My apologies my Lord, I am needed elsewhere for the while, till morning probably, my grandson is sick and i am away to help his mother.' Her expression denotes it is her daughter in law 's child rather than a daughter's, the look of 'Jah she couldn't find her way out of a barn with both hands and a blazing torch' giving it away. Promising not to destroy the place he helps her on with the garment and latches the door behind her, wishing her well.

Carrying the drink upstairs he pushes the door shut behind him watches Cecily wash, her dress pushed down off her shoulders. Setting the tray down he wraps his arms round her and kisses her neck and along her collar. 'The housekeeper' she mutters,'Is gone' he replies as he undoes the lace on her dress his hands taking the cloth from her and wiping down her back, kissing slowly along her spine.......

.......Some time later he lies next to her on the bed, his fingers tracing patterns on her skin as she eats some of the cold chicken Miss Sylvia had left. Her soft fingers peel off a piece and press it to his lips, his teeth nipping them gently as he takes the profferred meat.

Snuggling in next to her he kisses her skin softly. 'this going legitimate has it's bonus's you know, less bits of wood in the back and more comfy beds shared with you. Your a bad influence on me my dear, I haven't planned anything nasty for months. What are you doing to me to keep me so occupied?' he teases, laughing against her skin as she blushes gently.

He presses his fingers to her lips and whispers softly in her ear,'Don't answer that, lets just find out again later. Curling against her he pulls the covers up over his torso and wraps his arm round her waist, his face pressed to her. Soon soft snores fill the room as he falls asleep.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecilywolfe Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:48 pm

She lay awake worrying, fighting with herself over what to do next. His steady breath was warm on the back of her neck; so much of her wanted to stay right where she was. A ray of silver stretched across the floor as the moon rose. It crept slowly across Grendell's pack, illuminating the bolt that was still stuck in it. She shuddered, convinced she had to do something.

Sliding out from under the covers, she gathered up her clothes and stepped lightly across the room. She dressed quickly in the hall, carefully strapping her blade to her thigh and checking the dagger at her belt. Not that it will be much use against a crossbow, she sighed to herself.

It was still early evening. Light from the houses she passed spilled out of small windows, brightening an already bright night. She pulled her hood low over her head and hurried along to the Stumble Inn.

Inside, she scanned the room for familiar faces. Not seeing any, she pushed her hood back and approached the innkeeper. "Sir, would you know if Lady Fugue is here?"

"Yes, milady, she is in the private hall right through there," he said, gesturing through an arch at the back of the main hall.

"I won't impose on their party. Do you think you could slip her a note?" The innkeeper handed her a pen and ink and a scrap of paper then stepped away as she wrote.

Quote:
Dear Fugue, We are in town and so is Myfanwy. Your charges will not be safe long and we would like to move them before dawn.
-C.

She passed the note to the innkeeper. As he disappeared into the back, she ordered a cup of tea from the barmaid and sat down at a table in the corner awaiting Fugue's reply.
Cecilywolfe
Cecilywolfe
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecilywolfe Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:48 pm

The innkeeper returned shortly and slid a note on the table while clearing away her empty mug. She nodded to him and unfolded the note.

Quote:
Dear Cecily, I was afraid of this. I left a shutter open at the back of the house. If you slam it twice, she will think that it is me, but at least she will know that it is safe. There is a path through the woods in back of the granary. You will not have to walk through town. Jah speed. Be careful. - Fugue

She crumpled the note and tossed it into the fire. Pulling her hood low over her head, she stepped outside and lingered in the doorway a minute as scanned the streets, making up her mind where to go next. A movement down the street caught the corner of her eye. She turned to look only to see a cat scamper across the road. Still, she could have sworn she'd seen more than a cat.

Nervous now, she turned up the street walking away from Icy's house. Rounding a corner, she slipped quickly through the door of the other tavern. The drunken crowd inside was too busy leering at a plump, scantily dressed red-head to pay her any notice and she passed undetected through the back door.

Before her eyes could adjust to the dim light, she nearly ran into the innkeeper who was swaying drunkenly as he relieved himself on the shrubbery. "Decided to come back, did ye?" he smirked reaching to grab her with one arm as the other fumbled with his pants. She hurried across the yard to the gate. As she stepped into the alley, she heard him shout out behind her, "Come back when you are ready for a piece of this."

The alley was still and empty. She turned towards Icy's house, trying to appear casual, mentally willing her pulse to stop racing. She neither saw nor heard anything suspicious the rest of the way back and wondered as she latched the kitchen door behind her if it had simply been the cat.

Grendell was still snoring softly in bed. She undressed quietly and curled up next to him. Half-awakened by her cold hands, he muttered something she couldn't understand and pulled her tightly to him.
Cecilywolfe
Cecilywolfe
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:49 pm

In the morning Gren pushed himself out of bed and grinned, smiling down at his wife. Pulling on his boots he headed downstairs to see what he could find for breakfast. The apples still sat there and he grabbed one biting into it happily.

Looking for some wood for the fire, he opened up the back door to seek out the woodpile. Humming happily he tosses the apple into the air between bites.

It explodes in midair, the bolt passing through it striking Grendell in the chest. A shocked look on his face he staggers back as a second joins it and he collapses against the wall, blood pouring from his chest.

A shadow falls over him and he looks up slowly, the face in front of him hazy. 'Sorry lover of mine, I could never beat you up close. Keep a space at the table for me on the other side.' Dropping her crossbows next to his body she leans over and carves a small M into his cheek as his breath rattles. 'Don't worry' she whispers,'Your wife and son are safe from me'. Finished she slips back into the alleyway at the side of the house disappearing once more.

Unable to hold his eyes open, Grenrolls to his side, his fingers dragging through the blood writing a last line on the boards

Cec, I love y.........

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecilywolfe Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:49 pm

he stretched and rolled over. Not feeling Grendell beside her, she sat upright. The morning sun streamed through the window and she wondered why he had let her sleep so late.

Groggily, she pulled on her dress and wrapped the quilt around her shoulders. She trudged down the stairs and into the kitchen. A cold draught blew through the kitchen, the door swinging gently on its hinges.

She gathered the quilt tightly around her shoulders and went to latch the door. The sight she beheld just outside was worse than anything she could have imagined.

Dropping to her knees she gathered his head onto her lap - his body cold, his blood soaked into the earth all around him. Tears streamed down her face, her heart broken twice at the loss of the husband she'd just gotten back.

"You win, you bitch." she screamed into the trees. "Are you happy now? You win."
Cecilywolfe
Cecilywolfe
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecilywolfe Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:49 pm

Sylvia invited the king's men to sit around the table and poured tea for everybody. Cecily pulled the quilt around her shoulders as she sat half-listening to the men, her eyes focused on the brownish smears of blood drying on her skirt. The room went silent and she realized that they were waiting on her to answer a question.

"Hmmm?"

"Did you see Myfanwy at the scene? How do you know she committed this crime?"

"No, I didn't see her. But they were her bolts. There's another one stuck in Gren's pack upstairs." The guardsman motioned to the other man to go retrieve the pack. Cecily went back to staring at the stains on her skirt as the guardsman and Icy spoke, catching only bits of the conversation- The Bowmen will get right on it...can't have gone far...where is the boy...

The last thing the guardsman said echoed through her head "...100 pound bounty, dead or alive..."

"If you will excuse me gentlemen, I need to change."
Cecilywolfe
Cecilywolfe
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Icyflames

Ahh, the familiar salty smell of the of the sea was all too comforting this early in the morning. Taking morning walks along the beach was extremely refreshing. A cluster of bird started to head his way from a short distance ahead of him. They were coming fast and for some reason seemed angry.. Why would birds be angry at me?? Quickly the bird were swarming around him screeching loudly. The noise was nearly deafening as it kept getting louder and louder. What did I get myself into??...You Bitch they screamed!

Icy awoke from his nightmare to hear screaming coming from outside the window. He was groggy from the night before at the Stumble Inn. His system was not used to the fine. Darting to the window to look below, he saw his house guests laying at the backdoor step of the kitchen. Cecily holding Grendell's lifeless bloody body.

His head pounding as he grabbed a dagger on the night stand and bounded down the Half dressed. She was beyond sobbing at this point. Just holding his body tightly while she gazed into woods. Her entire body shaking from rage, remorse and abandonment. The thought of losing someone you love so dear twice is so little time can be crippling.

Peeling her fingers from his lifeless body was not an easy task. After sometime he was able to release her grip and pick her up. To the den with her so that she could regain herself. Calling for his caretaker Sylvia, he as her to tend to Cecily and clean her up. Fetch her some clean clothes and water too please. Sylvia went from her usual stern face to a tender softness that was welcomed at this hard time.

Icy grabbed a bag and a blanket before going out to examine the body for any clues. Death was nothing new to Icy. He always had a way of finding its way back into his life time and time again. No one around him ever seemed immune from its clutches. He checked Gren's body for valuables, but found nothing. No locket, no wedding band, not even an a dagger to defend himself. He must have only come down for breakfast since there was a half eaten able near him. Removing the bolts from his chest made sickening cracking sounds as his ribs broke under the reverse pressure. These were mean looking bolts that had easily pierced his unarmored chest. Using the blanket, he rolled up his body and carried the former Duke inside making sure not to let Cecily see him.

A messenger was sent to summon the king's men to appraise the situation. Sylvia had attempted to clean Cecily up, but there was no dealing with her in this state.

After they arrived to interview Cecily, it was time to gather up our gear to start the hunt. Icy send another messenger to the Chester Bowmen to for Chief Marshall Reef to rally a party together to track Myfawny down.

Sir, I want one good archer with me and Cecily, the rest I want to meet up with the CB patrol. We can use the main party to flush her out.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Celtic Dragon

The ringing of hammer on hot iron fills my ears, not that I really notice it much anymore. "Almost got another set of knives ready for market. Hope that......." My thought is interupted as an out of breath messanger bursts throught the door.

"Celtic, the Bowmen are to gather right away, as per Icy. Meeting in the normal spot!" the last word barely from his mouth, and he is off again.

"By Jah, this can't be good" I muse as I grab my gear and break for the door myself, "I wonder what has happened this time!"

I bolt out into the morning light, heading for the rendevous site.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MackenzieGael Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:50 pm

"Yah! Yah!"

Mac stood in the middle of a sandy plot of land behind her bakers shop, a long light piece of rope extending from her outstretched hand to the tall black stallion loping gently at the other end. She was lost in thought, her eyes fastened on the thick muscle moving delicately under his velvety skin. This was peace, tranquility and heaven rolled into one sunny day.

She stopped turning with him for a moment, and held the lunge line over her head so Crusher could continue his path. Something wasn't right. There was the sounds of two gaits in her ear, Crushers and another that was becoming louder and louder.

"Whoa boy!" She called, the stallion slowing to a walk and approaching her, tossing his head friskily. She placed a hand on his forehead, her eyes frantically scanning the horizon for the other rider. Who would be traveling at such a neck breaking speed?! Suddenly a small flash of red caught her eye and she stood frozen to the ground, her head filled with the 3 beat gait of the chestnut horse galloping toward her. Something was wrong. Very wrong.

When the small boy, nay child slid the lathered horse to a stop before her and breathlessly handed her a crumbled note she took it with a shaky hand. Opening it up her eyes widened at the three words blurred on the parchment.
Quote:

Gren. Dead. Holywell

Taking a deep breath she held back the emotions that swelled to the surface and crumbled the paper in her fist. She must get there, and quick. Not for or because of Gren, but for Ceci.

"Aye Laddie, Thank you for your quick ride" Reaching up she pulled him from the back of the horse and pressed a couple of coins in his hand. "Now you take that poor beastie there, unsaddle him, rub him down and walk him until nightfall"

Turning abruptly she threw the lunge over a post and strode purposely into the apartment over her bakery. Grabbing the satchel from under her bed she dumped a change of clothes and some bread in it, donned her black cloak and walked back out the door. Stopping in mid-tracks she retraced her steps and slid her hands under the weight of the down mattress and drew out a beautifully balanced dagger with dragon etchings along the hilt. Smiling she slid it into her waistband and ran out to saddle Crusher. In mere moment she was flat against his back, dirt flying behind them as they raced in a gallop westward.
MackenzieGael
MackenzieGael
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:50 pm

ReefMcSchmokin

pon recieving a rather cryptic message from his captain, Reef gathered his sword and shield and sprinted towards the barracks. Half way there he began to worry. I do hope our recent peace and minimal military activity does not lead to a slow reaction. He shook off the concern, and continued as quickly as possible.

When Reef approached the Barracks he heard through the doorway the familiar sound of his fellow Bowmen shuffling about, and discussing the most recent gossip. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary which could only mean that none of the others were aware of a problem. Well... I'll need to get their attention...

The barrack doors burst open!!

"CHESTER BOWMEN LINE UP! Orders issued by Captain Flames indicate that we are to set out on a hunt... A manhunt, or, more appropriately, woman-hunt. Details will be given upon arrival.
All able Bowmen are to meet at Icy_Flames' manor. He requires one archer to report to him directly. The rest are to meet on the road. Please keep off the Captains property for the time being, as there may be an investigation in progress.
That is all the information I have for now. Gather your things and head out!"

The barracks became a behive of activity as the troops strapped on their gear.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Slater 19

Slater is on his way back to the barracks when he sees his fellow bowmen Reef and Celtic sprint by him. I wonder whats going on, well I guess I better get back to the barracks. Upon getting to the barracks Slater hears Reef's orders and immediatly grabs his gear and heads out ot the rendevous spot, he thinks to himself, this can't be good.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Celtic Dragon

Seeing that the men will still be a few minutes grouping up, I catch Reef's eyes. He nods, and I turn for the door. I now have to get to Icy's manor, while he forms the troops up.

I sprint up the road to Mac's place, to borrow one of her horses. I have a feeling that she will already be gone, and that she won't mind me using one of her fine animals. They are after all the fastest in the county.

I grab Storm, and throw the saddle on. I point Storm's head in the direction of Holywell. "This is going to cost me a month's worth of ferrering her horses!!......speaking of which, I wonder where Crusher is.......oh!" The sudden realization hits me that Mac has taken Crusher... "That crazy wench!! That stallion is only half broken in, but if anyone can ride him like that, it'll be 'er." A little grin cracks my lips at that thought.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecilywolfe Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:51 pm

She came back downstairs, clothes changed, her face washed but still splotched red from crying. "I know how we can get her," she said calmly and sat down across from Icy to explain her plan. Bowmen came into the room periodically to confirm orders. She paused waiting for them to leave before continuing. "I need to go see if she will be willing to help. If she is willing, where will we meet?"

Icy described an area just out of town that was vaguely familiar to Cecily. "I pray this works," she said as she left the house. Just outside she stopped a young Bowmen and whispered an instruction in his ear. "Yes, ma'am. No problem."

The streets seemed deceptively calm. She walked the short distance to Fugue's house, unable to shake the feeling that she was being followed. A chill passed through her as she realized that being followed was exactly what she needed to happen.

Fugue greeted her at the door with a hug. Hearing a familiar voice, Frey peeked out from around the corner, Gryff in her arms. The ladies stared at Cecily in horror as she recounted the story, having to stop frequently to keep from crying.

"Frey, I need you to do something for me. I'm afraid it will be our only chance to catch Myfanwy."

Frey turned ghostly pale as Cecily told her the plan. "I don't know if I can," she stuttered. "What about Gryff?"

"None of us will ever be safe if we do not catch her. I'm sure Fugue will take good care of Gryff until we get back."

Slowly, Frey nodded in assent.

"An hour before sundown." Cecily confirmed. "We'll be ready." Even as she assured Frey that everything would work out, Cecily had her doubts. She walked back to Icy's playing the plan through her mind, hoping she had thought of everything, afraid that she hadn't.
Cecilywolfe
Cecilywolfe
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:51 pm

Reef McSchmokin

Reef arrived at the estate to find Slater who informed him that Celtic was already up in the manor talking to the Captain.

"A terrible event," Slater said, "Grendell is dead... Murdered!"

"And our orders?" Reef asked with sudden fear.

"Triple patroll around Hollywell. They've got some other plan in action I'm sure, but we are just to watch the perimeter."

Reef looked around suspiciously, "Who is the fugitive suspect?"

"Myfanwy..."

At least there was a reason he was feeling this fear, but this was no time to show it. "No time to delay then. Hopefully we catch her soon." Reef passed the orders to the Bowmen on the street. He started off to the south to start the patroll, but stopped and turned back to Slater, "Good luck," he said with a proud smile, "Call for me if you need my help."

Last edited by Reefmcschmokin on 20 Jan 2008 23:33; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fugue

After shutting the door on Cecily, Fugue hugs Frey.

You will have enough to do without worrying about this little fellow, she laughs as Gryff launches himself into her arms. We've gotten to know each other quite well by now.

He will be safe here and I can be the one worrying. For once you will be able to do something.

Now let's get some food into you so you'll have the strength you'll need. She passes Gryff back to Frey's arms where he laughs and pats his mother's cheek. And we'll stay calm so that he will be.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Slater 19

Upon passing the orders on to Reef, Slater heads out on patrol. Before leaving he says, Good Luck. The streets were quiet almost too quiet, and Slater felt like at any moment all hell would break loose, but for now he just continued his patrol. Slater then thinks to himself, I can't beleive Grendell is dead, we've got ot find her!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:52 pm

IcyFlames

Some Bowmen rally at the Icy's manor. Giving them directions to patrol the town.

Please post your whereabout at the Barracks so reinforcements know where to meet up with current patrols. It will take a little time for members from Beeston and Chester to arrive. Check all the back alley ways. Myfawny is a very dangerous women. Check back to the Barracks ever two hours to verify any new orders. I am taking one of the King's archers with me to catch up with the Duchess. I should not have let her go to alone.

Icy's head still banging from the night before, he strapped on his gear for the day's escapades. Seeing her skills with the crossbow, his shield would be useless today. A dagger on each thigh, mace hanging from his belt, and sword strapped to his back he headed out the door with one of the King's archers named Ahab to meet up with Cecily.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecilywolfe Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Frey sat at Fugue's desk and stared at the blank sheet of paper. Her hand trembled and she wondered how she would ever get the words on paper and what words to use. Gryff babbled happily on the floor, distracting her further. 'Oh gods,' she thought. 'How am I going to do this?'

Pen in hand, she held her right hand with her left to steady it as she began to write.

Quote:
My Wife, my Lover,
I have heard what happened and I know that they are after you. I cannot bear to live without you; we can still get away. I know you are watching me, I can feel your presence in my soul. Come away with me.
All of my heart,
Freya

She read over the letter again, its words ringing true. How was she going to live without her? Maybe they could get away? Visions of Myfawny, crazed, blood dripping from her glass-filled arm flashed before her. She touched her eye gently. The bruising had faded from dark black to a dull yellow. 'Impossible,' she frowned as she dusted the paper with sand before folding it and slipping it in her pocket.

"It's time," she told Fugue sadly. "Take care of my son." She tucked a pillow under her jacket and paused for a moment at the door, collecting herself before going out.

Outside, Frey looked up and down the street wondering where Myfanwy was hiding - knowing that she was watching. She pulled her jacket about her with one hand making it look like she was adjusting Gryff's weight and set off toward the market.
Cecilywolfe
Cecilywolfe
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  MackenzieGael Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Both horse and rider were drenched in sweat and breathing hard when Holywell came into view. Mac pulled Crusher down to a walk, her hand reaching down to pat his sweaty neck as she spoke soothingly to him. They'd rode hard all day, stopping periodically for breaks and once for a small rest, but they were still exhausted. Bone tired even.

Trodding into town, the sun halfway down the sky, she sat taller in her saddle glancing around at the people milling about and whispering. The news must have spread like wildfire through the town. "Poor Ceci," she muttered, "I wonder where she is."

Crusher suddenly threw his head in the air, ears pricked forward and snorted at a group of horses tied outside a building. Perhaps this was the barracks. It was a shame she was coming to Holywell for the first time under such rushed conditions, it looked to be a nice and quaint town.

"Excuse me!", she called to a young man coming out of the building. He was in uniform so must be a Chester bowman, but one she did not recognize. "Can you tell me where I might find the Lady Cecily, or point me in the direction of Icy's house?"
MackenzieGael
MackenzieGael
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Reef McSchmokin

While patrolling the perimeter of town, Reef rounded the barracks to find a beautiful stranger on a horse. Reef was not distracted by her beauty, however, it was the condition of the horse and rider that caught his eye.

Quote:
"Excuse me!", she called to a young man coming out of the building. He was in uniform so must be a Chester bowman, but one she did not recognize. "Can you tell me where I might find the Lady Cecily, or point me in the direction of Icy's house?"

"Of course, my lady. I'm not sure where Lady Cecily can be found, but" Reef gestured in the direction of the Mayors manor, "Make a right on Strand Walk up the street there, and you'll find Mayor Flames' manor. It'll be hard to miss... Look for the estate with all the Chester Bowmen out front." Reef displayed concern, "But please ma'am, be very careful. I'm sure you understand the circumstances." He let out a deep unnerving breath, "Just.....keep an eye out."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecilywolfe Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Cecily met Icy on the road in front of his house. "She agreed," Cecily responded to Icy's inquiring look. "Get the others ready to go, I'll meet you downstairs in ten minutes."

Icy began to protest. "Icy, I got Freya into this and I won't ask her to do something I am not willing to do. I am going and that's final."

On her way inside, she looked for the Bowman she'd talked to earlier that morning. Catching her eye, he walked towards her and muttered something as he walked past. She nodded subtly and continued into the house.
Cecilywolfe
Cecilywolfe
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next