Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP] A request to those who have taken our home...

Go down

[RP] A request to those who have taken our home... Empty [RP] A request to those who have taken our home...

Post  Aayla Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:21 pm

Ok so much less action, way more debate style... Loved it! (until giraffe killed it because she thought we were actully fighting LOL)

Aayla wrote:*steps up onto her soapbox again*

We the people of Cork have been killed in our attempts to dissuade a rather large and maybe somewhat impressive (They did win) Army. Even with the day of rest between battles, little was done to muster any aid for us... so it is without any surprise that we failed. We are rather resigned to the fact that little will be done to change the current state of things and so therefore request the following:

We ask the Army of the NNGO and more pointedly Donnor force and allow us our elections, to place a mayor of OUR choice into the town hall so that we may continue to try to live in our homes. We care little for the grand agenda that is your attempts to overthrow the council and take control of Munster as a whole.

You have come into our home uninvited, insulted us for defending our town and ravaged what we hold dear to us. You claim we stood in defence of Munster's bankruptcy but you fail to comprehend that we are but a town caught in a larger battle. We wish to live our lives free of your gleeful disregard for our destruction. You have forced many of us to stand and fight against those we once called friends, and those friends made the choice to stand with you in the murder of every soul that would call this town home.

We've no wish to be independent like your dear CC, and any polling of the people in corcaigh would be sadly skewed as you've brought with you a force larger than the population in whole of this town. You do not want to live here, You do not want to see Corciagh succeed, and I can not with good conscience believe that you will even attempt to meet the responsibilities of the civic duties you've taken from us at the point of a sword.

You've made your point to the County, Take the council if that is your wish, we hardly care... but leave our town to those who would call it home and treat it accordingly.

Donnor wrote:Your request has been heard, and I will consider it. After discussing it with a few people I will give you an answer.

Fhead wrote:you resisted us and then now beg for our mercy. and i didnt even hear a sorry in what you said.

Dizmalus wrote:I have to agree with Eff. The battle could have turned and ended with you killing a number of our soliders... Judging from the recent past, a win from Cork would have been followed up by (To clarify: IG) insults, taunting, and heckling. We have completely obliterted you and have done nothing to mock your strength and bravery. Why should we show mercy now just because things didn't go your way?

Aayla wrote:To be clear, we aren't asking for mercy, we're asking to be left well enough alone. Mercy would have been you taking the council without resorting to trouncing our town.

I question you all, had the rolls been reversed and it were I leading an army into your town to take it for Munster, you'd not left a drop of your own blood unspilled to prevent it. But again, We did not start this fight, you brought it to our gates. If you expected us to be cowards and roll over to your mighty 'threat' you clearly thought very little of us.

We would no more appoligize for your attacks upon our town then forgive those that allowed it to happen. You continue to treat us as simple yellow-bellied gits that will simply succumb to the idea of your army? Perhaps we ought to treat your army as a jest to be spoken in taverns and amuse old women? Ignore you and give you not stage for your statements? That seems to be Munsters way of treating you, we however choose to fight because we are not the weak wastes of space you thought us when you came here. Gloating that you killed a small group, of semi armed, farmers and the few fighters that live here... makes only you look bad. While your at it, why not steal some sweets from a child and proclaim yourselves criminal masterminds.

You've taken the town, but we made you pay for each inch in time, resources and blood. Perhaps you do belittle our strength and bravery when you expect us to lay down and die peacefully. Tides come and go, the wind changes the course of the greatest moments with little effort. Do not think the war is over because you beat a band of twenty odd citizens. I doubt very much this will just be "over" for you now that you beat us. I'm asking you to go continue whatever fight you seem to have with Munster, but leave us alone.

[quote="_Adain_]Cork is in Munster, settled then. [/quote]

Donnor wrote:We didn't have to sack your town, the mayor did that when he sent the entire inventory for the town away. I refuse to help a town that will not help itself. Slowly the town will sink deeper and deeper into debt, and with no points at all there will be nothing to save it. Just consider that.

Lord_senschal wrote:See, it's things like that people say, only to have their town destroyed forever.

This town has what, 3 lords ? Thats no income. Doubt trade is any good here. Yet you still insult us. We do have the power right now to send this town so far into the negative, that it would probably never recover.

We could've left you alone, but you didn't want to be left alone, you stood there and fought us, insulted us, and provoked us. I personally have no sympathy for this town and am pretty sure we can ruin it for months.

donnor wrote:Yes while you are at it, blame Garik. He should not have said anything about us running back to Chaoi. If anyone is to blame, blame him...now go tell him what you think of him. *Snickers*

Alejandro wrote:I find it somewhat amusing but unfortunate that you, the ones who claim to oppose Munster for putting us so far into debt, seek to use the power you now possess to only do the same. What is it exactly that you are trying to do, if not just provoke further hatred by sinking towns and counties into further debt?

Kriegwafen wrote:I never opposed Munster putting it's self into debt. Also, we don't have to provoke hatred, it comes to us all by it's self.

Yaznaki wrote:I think maybe I've had to much fun in the taverns putting ideas in peoples heads?

Never listen to the town drunk...A blacked out drunk generally has no idea what he/she says..I've never claimed not to be anything but a drunken idiot ... other than a butcher of meats of all varieties.

Aayla wrote:It is the policy of almost every mayor to safeguard the town's resources when under attack from an outside force. I would no more look down upon my brother for this than I would if any mayor did the same. I myself have done this when mayor of a town under attack. Your own Roxxane while mayor would also have done the same when the armies of ONE stormed our gates.

Perhaps General Donnor you should start comporting yourself as an invading general and not a self styled savior. We did not ask for your help nor do we wish it. As for the Lords of this town, by a simple population comparison we have more lords per capta than most towns of any county I know.

You have seen the grants of goods that we so wickedly put beyond your reach, are you angry more because there was enough goods to make your conquering us worth it had they been here? or that you can't touch them? Perhaps you had intentions of bringing us out of our certain doom, but I think however that you relish in the idea of destruction and so look for ways to justify your actions.

We will stand strong, you can drain our town to the last pound and create as much unrest as you wish. In the end as always is the way of your army you will tire of it and leave. We will win because this is a fight not with blade but spirit and you sir... just don't give a damn.

Tossing me from the town council chambers was a wise move... we will simply use our own more private forums to discuss how we will continue to work to better the town, increase population, help new community members and move on when you've had your fill of tormenting us with your self importance.
Aayla
Aayla
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

[RP] A request to those who have taken our home... Empty Re: [RP] A request to those who have taken our home...

Post  Aayla Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:25 pm

Donnor wrote:Get comfortable, we will be here for a while.

Aayla wrote:"Well while your here, could you make yourselves useful? and... bathing... bathing is good." wrinkling her nose she wanders off to find something to drink and dull pain...and sense of smell...

Obli wrote: If I had ever believed for one minute you would turn the town back over to the people of Corcaigh - as the mayor I would have had no choice but to consider it, bring it to the people and make a decision. However, I'm not delusional and know that would never happen and I can't think of an assurance you could provide that would have made me believe you - but if you had I would have considered. Although, that would have required you to message me BEFORE all this happened. It is very easy to try a misplace blame by saying "I would have but..." without ever offering it until after the fact.

You're hell bent on destroying Munster and Corcaigh. You always were and I never expect that to change. Go for it. Do it. Get it over with and then get out of my town - and stop thinking we give a damn.

Donnor wrote: "Lady Aayla, if you would like, I could always have your nose broken, that would certainly stop you from smelling the stench of your decomposing friends that lay around you." He sneers as he looks at her. "I am sure there are several ladies around here who would jump at the chance to do so.." Turning just as the former mayor begins speaking, he listens. Once finished, Donnor scoffs at the man. "Sir, I blame only yourselves. I stated after the taking of the town hall, that there was no way to keep the town afloat because you had already hidden away all the goods and watched as they were carried out of town. It almost appears as though you had plans to run off with the inventory yourself." He snickers as he thinks of other ways to show these people that they will only be hurting themselves in the end.

Unfortunately, censors locked the debate here thinking we'd gotten out of hand.. Pity to because I had one helluva doozy response. One I've conviently forgotten now... oh well. Good times!
Aayla
Aayla
Admin 2

Back to top Go down