Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Journey in Disguise - Shrewsbury

Go down

A Journey in Disguise - Shrewsbury Empty A Journey in Disguise - Shrewsbury

Post  Aasha Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:48 pm

7 April 1456 Shrewsbury, England

Taking one last look at the town she had barely gotten to know, Aasha pulled the cloak tighter around her, making sure the hood covered her hair and put her face in shadows. She had been lucky to find it in the barn, she wasn't sure who left it or why, but she wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth. It fit with the rest of her ragged clothing, being well worn, stained, and torn in a spot or two, but it was warm. Warmth counted for a lot, and the extra layer added a sense of security to her disguise. - hopefully the next town I go to won't be able to see through me so easily, and I'll have better luck - Trudging out of town, Aasha heads towards Shrewsbury.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

A Journey in Disguise - Shrewsbury Empty Re: A Journey in Disguise - Shrewsbury

Post  Aasha Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:57 pm

Aasha wrote:The good thing about walking from place to place was that her muscles continued to grow stronger, her endurance grew higher, and it kept her warmer than just the cloak and ragged clothing could. The town of Shrewsbury was coming into view, though taking a chance at entering before dusk was not on the agenda. - need to find a place to sleep first, can't afford to stay long, this town is too close to Ludlow. An orchard, what luck. I'll be able to eat tonight, and maybe pick enough to last a couple more days of my journey. - Deciding a place to sleep could wait, Aasha walks into the orchard, looking for a tree with branches hanging low enough that a ladder wasn't necessary. As she scouts around, she makes a point of staying away from any people she happened to spot, not ready to make her presence known.

OOC: feel free to join in

Aasha wrote:The view from the tree was lovely. There wasn't a lot of fruit yet, the winter's chill had taken its toll on the trees, but she had found enough for at least a couple of meals, and had carefully placed them into her pack. Leaning back against the trunk of the tree from her perch on the branch, she watched the world around her, the townsfolk oblivious to her presence. Feeling no need to make herself known yet, she debated eating a piece of fruit before deciding to hold off, there was no telling where her next meal would come, and if she was careful, the few pieces could tide her over for days.

Tiffanyanne wrote:Tiffany yawned and leaned out of the TH window, enjoying the spring breeze. She could smell the new blossoms of the orchard.
"I need to get out of this office for a bit. Maybe I'll go for a walk." An assistant popped his head in when he heard Tiff talking to herself.
"Did you need something?" He was a good kid, but a bit of a brown nose.
"Mmm, no, not really. I think I'm going to stretch my legs." She walked past him and out of the office.
"But, but you have a meeting soon, and you need to do the paperwork for the new marshal." Tiffany smiled and waved as she kept walking. She could still hear him shouting lists of things she should be doing as she made her way out of the hall.
The orchard would be lovely in its early bloom.
Aasha wrote:
She had been more exhausted than she realized, if she had known, she would have climbed down and found a place to sleep for a while. As it was, she ended up dozing in the tree, with disastrous consequences. Precariously perched, the discomfort didn't faze her, she was used to it, but the dream was not pleasant and caused her to shift. She went from the nightmare's grip to the cold hard ground in a matter of minutes. Rudely jarred awake by the fall, she opened her eyes and sighed, her pack had busted open, fruit rolling everywhere. Pulling the fallen hood back up over her head, she looked around. Hoping at least some could be salvaged, though it looked as if the pack could not, she started to get up so she could pick up the wayward fruit. - What a stupid thing to do. Ouch. Not good Aasha, go and twist your ankle, one thing you definitely can't afford, that could be a guarantee of getting caught, not good at all. -

Sitting back almost as quickly as she had risen, she grabs for the pack, eying it closely. - yep, ruined that, but at least the material won't go to waste. - Her knife was fine though, she began to cut the pack in strips, twining them around her ankle in a makeshift bandage. Once complete, she crawled around to gather the fruit, not ready to test her bindings. - Bruised pride is one thing, only an idiot ends up twisting an ankle falling out of a tree. Time to wake up girl, you're getting soft. Breathe through it, deal with the pain and move. -

Still inwardly berating herself, she forced herself to stand and gather the rest, though only half of what she picked was any good, the rest too squished from the hard fall.

Tiffanyanne wrote:Tiffany had only just entered the orchard when she heard an "oof" and the sound of rustling leaves. Both curious and worried she searched the orchard in the direction of the sounds. In front of one of the larger trees was a hooded figure twisting cloth around their ankle.

"Sir, are you okay?" The gentleman didn't appear to hear her. She walked up and lightly touched him on the shoulder. "Sir?"

Aasha wrote:Calling herself all sorts of fool for missing the woman's approach, Aasha jumped when a hand landed on her shoulder. Stiffening slightly, she turned to face the lady, and she was a lady, a quick glance told her that. Showing a bravado she didn't quite feel after the fall, she bowed slightly. M'lady. Thanks fer yer concern, my pride is all that is hurt, and this damned ankle. Another assessment, then a mumbled; Oh, sorry, darned ankle. Nothin' that can't be fixed with ale, you know where I can find a dram or two?

Tiffanyanne wrote:Tiffany leaned in closer. She hadn't realized how young the man was. "Why don't we take proper care of your ankle first." She offered her arm for support in case he needed. "I'm Tiffanyanne, most people call me Tiff. I've treated a lot of injuries in my time so there is no need to worry. What is your name?"

Aasha wrote:Hiding any pain that might be reflected on her face when Tiffanyanne leaned closer, she thanked Jah she had thought to take scissors to her hair. It would have killed her mother to see it so short, but stuffing it under a hat had proved cumbersome, and the shagged look worked well for her disguise. The layer of dirt on her face hid any softness in her features, though the lack of proper meals contributed greatly. Showing weakness was something that had gotten her in trouble once too often, her cousin had taken great pleasure in exploiting anything he could. But Jah, it was hard, her ankle really throbbed. Escape was impossible, and it would be rude to not take the lady up on her offer. Rude wasn't something she was willing to add to her list of sins. - what can it hurt, she thinks you're a boy, even called you sir. wow, sir, never even been called ma'am and now called sir. -

I'd be happy fer ya to look at my ankle. Should I be sittin' or standin' for you to look? Letting a bit of confusion show, along with gratitude that she truly felt, she smiled hesitantly at the lady. Nice to meet ya Tiffanyanne. Not even having time to think when Tiff asked her name, Aasha looked down. Names Aass..umm...Ash The name brought back memories of her parents, her dad so proud, her mom rolling her eyes at the tomboy she had been.

Tiffanyanne wrote:Despite the boy's best efforts, she could see he was suffering. He reminded her of her adopted son, now away at school. Tiff was a small woman, but she was strong. She laid her hand gently on Ash's arm.
"My medicine kit is at home." She turned her back to Ash and knelt down. "Climb on. You look light so I'm sure I can carry you." She tilted her head back and gave Ash a reassuring smile. "Trust me."
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:08 pm

Aasha wrote:Her eyes still lowered, she started berating herself again. She had almost messed everything up, stuttering over something as simple as a name. - you can't afford mistakes, the disguise must hold - was the litany that continued to run through her mind. Genuinely surprised by the lady's offer, she forgot to hide it when Tiff offered to carry her. She wasn't that big, but this lady didn't seem that much larger to her, taller perhaps, she tended to be shorter than almost anyone she had met. She used to hate being so short, but it worked so much better with her disguise that she had become thankful for it, making her seem much younger than her years. Of course, not being well developed lent a hand to that, along with the tight bindings she constantly wore around her chest.

Taking a deep breath, she met the lady's eyes. The surprise still gripping her, she stammered; Carry me?!? oh but, I ken walk m'lady. I wouldn't want to be hurtin' you none. Straightening her back, she put her full weight on her ankle, and immediately stumbled. Not feeling very graceful in her defeat, she lowered her head again, the hood shadowing her face even more. Trust wasn't something she was used to giving, it had backfired too often before, but she didn't have much choice, and the lady actually seemed to care. Much obliged I am for you doin' this. I'll find a way ter repay you. So saying, Aasha climbed carefully onto Tiffanyanne's back, wrapping her legs around, and holding loosely to her shoulders, though she was careful not to lean too much onto her, wishing there was a way she could take some of her slight weight off to make it easier.

Tiffanyanne wrote:Tiffany slowly stood up, her hands clasped behind her under Ash to keep him stable. She smiled over her shoulder. "We're almost the same size, but you are definitely lighter. I'll have to feed you when we get to my house. It isn't far."
There was something odd about Ash's accent. It didn't seem consistent. Tiffany wondered if there was something she was missing. It was no longer cold enough to be constantly hooded. She decided it was best to leave it alone. She, of all people, understood that there were times when prying hurt. Instead she decided to make Ash feel as comfortable and happy as possible during his stay.

"I don't know how long you plan to stay in town, but it doesn't look like you have much money. I have a large house and I would be more than happy to have you stay with me. My maid servant is helping at the orphanage, so I can't promise room service, but it's warm and there is always good food." She noticed that Ashes goods were stuffed in various places on his person. "I might even be able to scrounge up an extra pack."
Ash seemed uncomfortable with the generosity. "It's up to you of course."

As they rounded the corner Tiffany's bright and cheery house came into view. "Home sweet home"

Aasha wrote:Still holding on to Tiffanyanne's back, Aasha's thoughts are going a mile a minute. - She's offering to let you stay at her house, gonna feed you and everything. And a pack! Not having to swipe one would be so nice - She just couldn't bring herself to even consider stealing from this lady anyway, she was just too nice, so the offer, while stunning the girl, also made her feel much better about her situation. She didn't know people like this existed in the world, other than her parents, who would have given the neighbors the shirts off their backs if they were in need. A kind word here or there, or even a free meal was a whole lot more than she expected, let alone the generosity Tiff was offering.

In fact, Tiffanyanne reminded her of her parents a bit more than she was really comfortable with, it made a wave of homesickness pass over her. I...I don't know what to say...thank you. Tis most kind, I... Tears coming to her eyes, she loosened a hand to rub a grubby fist against them, biting her inner lip hard to stop the tide from carrying her away before clutching Tiff's shoulder again. No reason to wait on me m'lady. Yer servant is better helpin' the children. I'm just grateful fer what yer offerin'

When the house came into view, the words home sweet home seemed to echo in Aasha's heart. It really did look like a home to be proud of, the warmth emanating from it unmistakable, much like the lady carrying her. She knew she couldn't stay long, but after the welcome Tiff had given her, she was reluctant to face that fact.

Tiffanyanne wrote:Tiff realized with a shock that Ash was on the verge of tears. But boys didn't typically like that to be noticed so she kept quiet and simply made her way up the stairs. She smiled over her shoulder at Ash, pretending she hadn't noticed anything. Her heart ached for the little lost lamb. He reminded her so much of Bren when she had first found him. A little boy, enslaved to a man who used people as beasts of burden and then disposed of them when they were no longer useful. The same man who had tried to enslave her as well. Yes, there was something of a boy enslaved in Ash's eyes.

Tiffany managed to cautiously ease Ash into a chair. "Can you take off your shoe? I would rather not have to cut it off, but it looks like it is swelling." She pulled over a stool for Ash's foot. "I'm going to go get my kit. I can check for any breaks and give you something for the pain and swelling. " She headed for the stairs, pausing to call over her shoulder. "How about stew for dinner?"

Aasha wrote:The warmth of the room washed over Aasha as they made their way to a chair. She had never expected any of this, wasn't sure if falling out of the tree had been horrible luck, or fate twisting her heart so she didn't know which way was up or down anymore. Tiffanyanne reminded her so much of her mom that it caused a physical ache in her chest, one she hadn't felt since she had gone to live with her uncle, leaving her parents behind. It wasn't something she had much practice in dealing with, she was used to cruelty, or indifference, not this.

- How am I going to leave when the time comes? How can I not? what would this lady say if she knew my past? - Shaking herself mentally, she reminded herself that it didn't matter, she couldn't tell, and Tiff wouldn't find out. Some things were left in the past, bad enough to run, but to take out the reasons and examine them would lay her too low, make it hard for her to do anything she needed to, cause her to make a mistake.

The tears were just below the surface, controlled for now, but too dangerously close to make Aasha entirely comfortable with herself. She hadn't even bothered to look around yet, so entirely alien to her nature that she should have been appalled at herself, and she would have, had she realized.

Nodding her head when Tiffanyanne asked if she could take her shoe off, she bent down, loosening the knotted laces enough to push it off, revealing grubby, holey hose, 2 or 3 sizes too big that she had found in a heap of her cousin's old clothing. Two toes peeked out from holes, hastily sewed together that had obviously not held. The pain from her ankle caused a low groan, distracting her from any embarrassment she would have felt at such a fine lady seeing their sad state.

- Careful girl, you jar it again and you're gonna yelp like a schoolmarm. You're a boy, act like it. Brazen it out, pain only means you're still alive. -
With a hand under her calf to help move it easier, she placed the foot on the stool before leaning back. Trying to look nonchalant, she finally peered around the room as she answered her hostess honestly. Stew sounds delicious. Couldn't think of a thin' that would be better. Please, don't go to extra trouble on my account, yer orphans need it more

Tiffanyanne wrote:Ash's shoe was already off when she returned. The swollen foot was wrapped in dirty stockings. She would need to wash it before applying ointment. In fact, the rest of the boy could use a good scrubbing. She got a dish of water and soap. "I promise to be as delicate as possible but it may hurt a bit." She knelt in front of the boy and peeled off the sock. "I'm just going to give a light wash so I can see if there are any breaks in the skin." She cleaned off the dirt, suprised to find such a dainty foot. The boy must be younger than she had thought.

She lightly touched around the foot to check the swelling and bones. She could see Ash wince. "I'm sorry. But it looks like it's just a sprain, so you should be back on your feet in a couple of days." She stood up. Before I wrap and ice your foot why don't I draw you a bath. It will give me time to get the stew going. Some of my son's clothes are here and I think you'd be about the rights size."

Aasha wrote:A couple of days? She didn't have a couple of days. She knew thats one thing she wouldn't be able to follow, no matter how nice the lady had been to her. Even the promise of warmth and stew wasn't enough to keep her off her ankle for that long. But the mention of a bath was enough to make her blanch. She wasn't sure how well her disguise would hold up when she was totally clean, though the idea of a bath was tempting. How to refuse without seeming ungrateful?

Erumm...Tiffanyanne, m'lady, if you don't mind, I would rather wait on that. Her belly chose that moment to rumble, reminding her of her hunger. A little shy about her request, her voice even huskier than normal as she said; Maybe we could eat first? then take a she practically spit the last word out, trying to show how much she disliked the idea, just like she would imagine any young boy would do bath
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:19 pm

Tiffanyanne wrote:There was no way to hold back the laughter at Ash's response. She put her hand on his shoulder. "I would offer you something to drink but I think you might be a bit young yet." What was such a young boy doing traveling alone? "Then I'll just wrap up that foot and make some tea to ease the pain. It's bitter but it will help."

Soon the foot was well wrapped "I will make us some dinner then." She went to the kitchen and made a warm stew and fresh bread. The situation with Ash was worrying. He was so young and sad. She doubted he could be over 13. Even though she was only 9 years older, she felt all her mothering instincts awaken every time she looked at him. She just wanted to wrap the boy in her arms and give him a safe place. Now that Bren was off at school she found herself feeling terribly lonely. It was nice having someone to care for again.
Ash ate like he hadn't seen a good meal in weeks. Tiffany could have cried. "You know, if you are looking for a place to make some money and where there are good people, you don't have to leave. I happen to know there are plenty of places that pay well. Being the mayor has it's advantages." For a moment Ash looked ill. Tiffany wondered if he had eaten too quickly. "Are you okay? You don't look well? You probably need a bath and rest. I'm going to pull the tub into Bren's room and set out some clothes. I think the spare pack is in his room anyway. You just relax here and when you are ready I'll help you up the stairs." She couldn't prevent herself from tousling his hair as she passed by. He really was an pretty child.

Aasha wrote:Her laughter eased the tension Ash hadn't even realized she was feeling. She blinked as a hand was laid on her shoulder before looking up at Tiffanyanne. Inflecting a brashness in her voice she didn't quite feel, she responded; Old enough. She smiled up as her thoughts begin to run amok again. - too young to drink, wonder how old she puts me. Bet she'd flip if she found out I'm older than she imagines. Its alright, she doesn't need to know, means theres even less chance of her pointing anyone in my direction if they come looking later. -

- Bitter tea? - Sounding as if she was doing a huge favor by accepting the tea, she says doubtfully; I'll drink, if it'll help. Never could figure why stuff that helps has to taste bad. The tea mug in her hand, she leans back even further in the chair, almost slumping as the events of the day caught up with her.

The smells emanating from the kitchen made Aasha's mouth water, a reminder of a skill she had never properly picked up. When the bowl was laid before her, she inhaled deeply before digging into the food, her hunger overcoming any manners she might have possessed. When she got to the bottom of the bowl, she used the bread to sop up the remaining juices, not willing to let even a drop of such a fine meal go to waste.

Most of what Tiffany said was lost as she ate, she let the words and tone flow over her, a comforting presence she had not felt in so long. The next words she heard had her glad she had eaten so quickly, her appetite would have been gone if she knew beforehand, and a good meal was something that would get her much further on her journey. Almost sick, she repeated to herself; - mayor. How the heck did you manage to hook up with a mayor? Talk about asking for trouble, where is your common sense? A kind word, and you're falling at her feet like a contented cat, when thats not something you can afford. Jah, what now, a mayor! -

Grabbing onto the only words that could possibly help her out of her predicament, she nods, letting the fatigue show. Just tired m'lady Tiffanyanne, thats all. Nothin' a good sleep wouldn't cure. Not normally given to impulses, she looks up and gives in to one. Bren's a lucky boy, bet yer the best to him.

The hand in her hair transported her to the past again, her mom had done the same each night before bed, her dad as well, every time she had done a good job in the field. She could even remember the smells, lavender mixed with home cooking for her mom, wood smoke and outdoors for her dad. She closed her eyes to hold the memories closer, quickly drifting off to sleep before Tiff could ever get back downstairs.

Tiffanyanne wrote:As the tub filled, bucket by bucket, Tiff resisted the urge to add anything scented to the water. If the water smelled too girly she'd never get him to take a bath. She thought of all the trouble she'd gone through to get Bren to bathe on a regular basis. She'd made the mistake of adding rose oil once. He had refused the bath for three weeks after that incident. The memory brought a smile to Tiff's face.

With a bit of salt to help the ankle and heated water from the fireplace, the bath was ready. Sadly, the sleeping child in the kitchen was not. Tiff tilted her head upon seeing him. She couldn't help but mutter, "Boy's really will do anything to get out of a bath." She sighed and sat across from Ash. He was dead to the world and there was no way should could carry him. A piggy back was one thing, this was another.

Before she could get a tuck-up from the living room, Ash began to whimper. It was a sound that could chill the soul. Ash's forehead puckered, as if even with his eyes closed he could not push away the images that haunted him. A trickle of tears seeped from his lowered lids. Tiffany did the only thing she could, she wrapped her arms around the boy and told him everything was going to be alright. He did not wake up, but it seemed to settle him somewhat. She remembered that her mother had once told her that sleeping people can sometimes hear much better than those awake. Perhaps she could reach this boys heart enough to offer him some relief from whatever nightmare he was trapped in. She continued holding him while whispering to him softly.

"Ash, it will be okay. I know it's hard to believe sometimes, but good things do balance out bad, as do good people. You will never find help unless you ask for it. All you ever have to do is ask."

Something told her that this boy was not done running. He would not stay. Tiffany went up to Bren's room and grabbed some of the traveling clothes that were too small for him. A light wool cloak, thick stockings, and sturdy boots. She added clean under clothes for her own piece of mind. In the bottom of the traveling pack she hid a small purse of coins. She folded the clothes on top of the pack and headed downstairs. There was no way to know if the boy could read so a letter was too much of a risk. However he would certainly go to put on his shoes before he left. She added some traveling food and a packet of the aspir tea to the bag and cloths and placed them under his shoes. The stockings she threw away. She hoped he would get rid of the shoes as well once he saw the boots. But boys got attached to strange smelly things.

It was late by the time she was done. She wrapped Ash warmly and sat across from him. She hoped he would stay a while longer, but if not, then she could at least be here if he need her when he woke. She kissed him lightly on the forehead before she placed her head on her arms, and fell fast asleep.

Aasha wrote:Too many memories had been aroused, her normally dreamless sleep started out in happy thoughts of the past, but quickly changed to nightmares. Even exhaustion had not kept them at bay, and sounds of distress fell unbidden from sleeping lips. - You're not moving fast enough girl, whats wrong with you? You idiot, you burned dinner again! - Flinching when the cousin in her dream slapped her, knocking her over, she whimpered again. No emotion could be withheld while sleeping, her face became wet, fearful, her body tense.

Sudden feelings of warmth and love surrounded her as Tiffanyanne wrapped her arms around her. She was still tense, then suddenly her cousin disappeared. Her mom tucking her in, holding her close replaced the images. Holding tight to the dream, she briefly burrowed into the warmth, not awake when she whispered one word; mom Whispered tones allowed her body to relax, she sighed and slept on, finally moving away from the warmth, knowing it was near.

Waking with a start, Aasha looked around, momentarily disoriented. She was a bit stiff from the position she had fallen asleep, but the warmth of her surroundings was the first she noticed. - wha? where am I? - When she caught sight of Tiffanyanne sleeping, her head pillowed on her arms, everything came back in a rush. The generosity, the comfort, the genuine caring she had shown still had the power to bring tears to Aasha's eyes. - Tears you can't afford to shed - she reminded herself grimly.

- She'd gone out to fix your bath, had you not fallen asleep, you'd have a hard time explaining a second refusal. - Remembering that Tiff had sent her servant to the orphanage made her realize that if a bath had been drawn, she must have gone to the trouble of doing it herself. Further study of the sleeping form reassured Aasha that she was indeed fast asleep, it was dark and she was confident Tiff would stay that way if she were quiet. Carefully standing, she tested her ankle. Once assured it would hold her weight, she tiptoed past, moving silently through the home.

The pack caught her attention almost as soon as she stood. She had meant what she said, and really meant to give Aasha more than she had dreamed possible. Leaving it where it was, she made a quick decision and moved up the stairs, careful to test each step to make sure no creaking noises woke her hostess. After all the trouble Tiffanyanne had gone to, she couldn't stop from taking the bath, her hostess would see and maybe know how much it was appreciated. The room was not hard to find, she went in and put her hand in the now cool water. Tiptoeing back to the door, she oh so slowly and carefully closed it before stripping off, undoing the bindings around her chest and slipped into the water. A shiver caught her even as she washed what she could, ducking her head under to rinse out her hair. Sheer bliss, even cold this was sheer bliss.

Once done, she dried off as best she could, then looked at her dirty clothes with a grimace. - No help for it girl, buck up and dress. Quickly now, you wasted more time than you should. Travel will get you dirty enough again anyway, move! -

Retracing her steps as silently as she had first tread, she looked around for her stockings. They were gone, much to her consternation. About to go without, she saw the boots and grinned. - She really is too much, can you believe your luck? - A quick glance in the bag and she found clean, thick stockings, without holes even. Freezing as Tiffanyanne shifted, thoughts flew again.- No time to check for what else is here, can't afford for her to wake before you're gone. Check when you're far from here. Go! -

Stockings on, she looked towards her horrible shoes, then back to the boots. Leaving the shoes where they lay, she threw the pack over her shoulder, then picked up the boots. Another look caused her to lay the boots back down and pick up the discarded blanket. Laying it over, careful not to jar her, she covered Tiff, whispering a heartfelt; Thank you, Jah will bless you I'm sure. Two seconds later, boots in hand, she was out the door, running on the sore ankle despite the pain, not slowing until she had distanced herself from the house.

The town far behind, Aasha stopped long enough to put the boots on, wincing as the now swollen ankle throbbed with the movement. - Can't look back girl - she thought with a sob. - Can't look back, couldn't stay and can't stop. - Tears running unchecked down her face, she continued to move down the dusty road towards Chester, her clean appearance giving way to a weary, dust covered traveler, as if the whole episode had been part of the perfect dream.

Tiffanyanne wrote:The sun was just peaking over the horizon when Tiffany awoke. As she had expected, Ash was no where to be found. At least the pack was gone, and even better, the horrible excuse for shoes were not. The boots would serve Ash well until he grew out of them. Bren had only worn them a hand full of times before they were too tight. They would also provide support for the ankle while it healed. Tiffany picked up the shoes and threw them out to where the stockings were, they would have to be burned later.

Tiffany went upstairs. The bath water would be cold now, but she could add some hot water and use it for herself. She went inside Bren's room and looked into the tub. There was a ring of grime around the edge. The site brought tears to her eyes. "Even though he hated the idea, he still did it anyway." Such a sweet child should not be out alone in the world, tossed to the wolves. She rubbed the tears from her eyes and emptied out the grimy water.

Before she went to the TH to work she stopped at the church. Kneeling before the alter she prayed.

"Jah, watch over that boy. He is in desperate need of your divine love and protection. If you see fit, bring him back this way again one day."
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down