Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Journey in Disguise - Ludlow

Go down

A Journey in Disguise - Ludlow Empty A Journey in Disguise - Ludlow

Post  Aasha Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:05 pm

25 March 1456 (2008) Ludlow, England

The grubby looking urchin hears the sound of laughter as the tavern comes into view. An internal debate raged inside, taking the chance of entering and running into the wrong person could be disastrous, but the smell of food was tempting, the thought of something besides water and stale bread made lips almost salivate. Moving towards the window, a small hand rubbed the pane, pressing a nose close to peer inside. Too many people all at once, it would be a risk, but they all seemed to be drinking, so a risk worth taking? A deep breath as the nose twitched made the decision much easier, the rumbling belly won out over caution. Pulling the cap lower, confident that nothing would distinguish that the child entering was either boy or girl, Aasha slipped in.

Unnoticed as laughter erupted, the child breathed a sigh of relief and sat down. Fingering the few coins left in the pouch, green eyes darted out from the cap, studying the menu with dismay as the price of even a loaf of bread seemed too high for the meager budget. Too soon to find food by other means was the thought that floated through the wary mind. Sighing again, a decision to stay was easy even without the food, it was warm and dry, so better than outside. A place to sleep could be found later, for now, it would be better to observe the townsfolk and their interactions.

banner at this time wrote:Aasha is disguised as a young boy. The face is not visable, a hat or hood is kept pulled over the face, and she disguises her voice by using a low hoarse voice. Please do not spoil my fun by 'seeing through' my disguise unless I give it away. Thank you.

Last edited by Aasha on Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

A Journey in Disguise - Ludlow Empty Re: A Journey in Disguise - Ludlow

Post  Aasha Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:10 pm

Dytah wrote:Everyone was preoccupied with the jam incident that no one noticed the new comer entering the pub all except Tom, who tugs on Dytah's arm and points toward the new member then goes and grabs his drums while Dytah picks up his guitar and both head over to the new member and sing the "Welcome to the Tavern Song"
Come in come in and have a seat
Come over here and rest your feet
Sit right over here I promise nothing will go wrong
Now stay still don't speak as we sing you this song

Gather quick everyone there's a new one in the club
Hello they my friend and welcome to the pub
You're with friends now no need to be a feared
Why don't you sit down and have a mug of beer
Drink the beer, Drink the beer, Drink the beer
IT'S GOOD FOR YOU

You come when you're happy, you come when you're sad,
you come when you're good you come when you're bad,
you come when you're angry or full of scorn
You come when you're hungry, you come when you're thirsty,
you come when you're twenty, and stay 'till you're thirty,
you come down to the Drunken Unicorn.

You say you need some help, you say you need a friend
You say you want some beer, well I stay by that 'till the very end
You'll laugh as we jest, you'll dance while we sing
You'll think us your friends what a marvelous thing

I know you have to go home to have a little rest
But you can't leave until you clean up your mess
Pick up your plate and clean up your mug
And you can't leave without giving Tom a great big hug

You come when you're happy, you come when you're sad,
you come when you're good you come when you're bad,
you come when you're angry or full of scorn
You come when you're hungry, you come when you're thirsty,
you come when you're twenty, and stay 'till you're thirty,
you come down to the Drunken Unicorn.

Crane wrote:Crane hurried down Linney to the Market in order to buy some meat to line his stomuch. But as he passed the Drunken Unicorn, he heard laughter resonating from the local tavern. Pausing for a moment, he pondered on whether or not to enter the tavern and end his quest for food, or enter and fill his stomuch with a "couple" beers. His sense of better judgement was defeated by his sense of "never turn down a chance to drink something that might bring you happiness or internal pain.".

"To the beer!", Crane muttered to himself as he approached the tavern and opened the door. He immediatly took a seat at one of the far corners of the tavern and started to count his coins to see if he had any spare change for a beer.

Gawain59 wrote:Gawain follows Dytah & Tom, he joins in singing the "Welcome to the Tavern Song."

He then buys the next round of drinks.

Aasha wrote:Circumstances had trained Aasha to hide emotions well, other than a slight stiffening that even the keenest observer would pass off as a trick of the light, no discomfort showed when the man and his pet - is that a...good Jah, that was a bear!?! - approached and began their song. Deliberately allowing a smile to cross the dirty face, thoughts of how many meals could be gleaned from the bear were running through the mind.

Observers would think the smile was pleasure at the welcome, which was a great source of amusement. Fingers hidden in a pocket twitched to slip the knife out of its sheath, eyes assessed where best to strike for the kill with the least effort. - bear steak, bear roast, bear jerky - It was never good to think so much about food when the pouch was so empty, but who could resist temptation of the imagination?

These thoughts sustained Aasha while the song continued, allowing the inner tension to recede completely. -interesting song...wonder which is Tom? - The voice pitched low and husky, laughter was evident as Aasha murmured; "thanks" to the other guy when a drink was placed on the table. - friendly place - eyes darted around the room, assessing closely. Nothing was missed in the assessment of the inhabitants, each impression filed away for future reference. - a town of drinkers, better odds for me - eyes moved back to the man and bear - wonder if there's a shortage of meat. seems a waste to have a pet of what could be food. unfriendly beasts, cooked right might taste good though. bear pie, minced bear, bear stew - Thoughts continued to float around, which kept the smile in place, though the rumbling of an empty tummy was going to be heard if another train of thought wasn't found soon.

Ted wrote:Ted ducked his head under the tavern door, and on his back was a large sack of fish he had caught on his trip in Worcester. After the "Welcome to the Tavern Song" Ted threw a juicy fish to Tom who ate it in three bites. Ted took a seat next to Gawain and Dytah, and he ordered a beer. For the first time he noticed a small grubby kid. Ted had never seen him before, but there was a look in his eyes that told him that this child was more cunning than he appeared to be. This "kid" seemed to be eyeing Tom a lot for some strange reason. Ted shrugged and started talking to Gawain about the trip from Worcester.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:16 pm

Dytah wrote:Dytah using his magically power to read Ted's thought replies

"Everyone eyes Tom after all he is a bear uncommon to see one in a public place much less playing the drums."

Dytah finishes off his mug with one last giant gulp before turning to Ted and saying

"And stop feeding him fish."

Gawain59 wrote:Gawain sees Ted enter. Ted throws a fish to Tom, then Ted comes and takes a seat next to him. They start talking about the Worcester trip and the fun they had fishing with Philip and the others.

Aasha wrote:The smell of fish precedes the newest man into the bar. Judging the weight of the bag, Aasha realizes he must have had great luck in his endeavors. - too bad I can't relieve him of a few of those, it would make a great meal. Too noticeable though, I can't afford the attention. Damn bear got a fish and I didn't too. - Moving resentful eyes back to the bear, a sigh was quickly stifled.

Glad when the man moved to talk to another about their fishing trip, thoughts finally found another path. - at least attention is off me now - Fully relaxing for the first time in days, Aasha leaned back in the chair, propping a foot carelessly on the top of the scarred tabletop while soaking up the friendly atmosphere.

Dytah wrote:Dytah after play the song put his guitar down and took the seat next to Aasha and could hear her..umm his.... this person's stomach rumble like a thunderstorm, Dytah leaned over the bar and whispered something to Rain who walked into the kitchen and came back with a large dish of meat and set it down in front of Aasha,

"We can hear your stomach rumble from the next tavern over my guess is that you're hungry."

Ronyboss wrote:Another sunny morning in Ludlow, Rony decides to spend the day at his favourite place, the Drunken Unicorn. He walks down to the tavern, throws the door widely open, coming in like a heavy storm. With a huge smile on his face he sits to the bar and drinks three ales in a few minutes. Following a little while, he sits down to the table and greets everyone...

Rainchaser wrote:When Dytah asks Rain to fetch Aasha something from the kitchen. She'd barely noted the newcomer, who seemed to be making a great effort at remaining unnoticed. When she brings the plate, she looks into...her...face. She's almost sure that this is a young woman and not a boy. It's pretty obvious that she doesn't want to be found out though, so Rain says nothing...she certainly seems to be fooling the men. Instead, she places the plate of roast pork and vegetables on the table. She'd also snuck a small piece of pie onto the plate.

"There you are, dear. You're not likely to get fed if you don't speak up."

She smiles, and returns to her seat.

Aasha wrote:The legs of the chair that were tipped back hit the floor with a thump when Dytah sat down next to Aasha. The smell of meat and vegetables, cooked to perfection made her swallow back the urge to lick her lips, it smelled so good, and now that it was on the table it was hard to ignore. Fingers nervously moved to the pouch, there wasn't enough money to cover such an elaborate plate, no way to afford such splendor. Glancing around, she noted that no one seemed to see through her disguise, everyone took her as the lad she wanted them to mistake her for. She was safe. - safe, hungry but safe, and Jah that food smelled delicious. What do I do? can't really afford to eat, but they were being nice. it had been so long since anyone had been nice. not since her parents -- but no, that wasn't the right track for her mind to go down, not now -- that track was reserved for quiet moments alone, to take out and hold close when reassurance was needed -- the food, right in front of me, how can I not eat? but how can I? what to do? -

The entrance of yet another member of the community a distraction from the smells emanating from the plate, Aasha studied him with great interest. - 3 drinks in rapid succession, and didn't even flinch at the price - Giving an internal shake, she realizes she has to say something to both of the people talking to her, it wouldn't do to be rude, that only brought more attention, and they were so nice. Glad her voice was indistinct when pitched low, she lowered her eyes to hide embarrassment before speaking; "Tis hard to keep it quiet." Turning towards the lady. -I'll find a way to pay, I can't resist, it smells too good - "Thank ye m'lady. Tis a welcome sight. I guess I'm not good at askin'" The smells impossible to ignore, she began to eat slowly, savoring each bite as if it would be her last.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:18 pm

Stuffing the last piece of meat in her mouth, her belly full for the first time in days, Aasha looks around the room again. The new guy who had entered was still at the bar, and it looked as if he might have had another drink or three while she ate. His pouch was half in and half out of his pocket, almost too tempting, and the money for the meal had to come from somewhere. Theres no way she could take the chance of getting it from Dytah, one swipe from his pet and she'd be in the gaols, or injured for sure. Besides, he had been nice, and arranged for her to eat.

Wiping her mouth with the back of her hand, Aasha stands, sauntering over to the bar casually with the half filled mug of ale. It had been quite a while since any alcohol had gone into her system, so the minor stagger in her walk was not all acting. - careful, it wouldn't do to be caught. Jah, that meal was good. Whoever cooks here does a fabulous job, wish what I cooked didn't always taste burnt -

Deliberately stumbling when she reached the bar, she sloshed a bit of the ale over the side of the glass. Mumbling an apology, the knife tucked into the sleeve of her ragged shirt, she bumped into Ronyboss, barely nicking his money pouch with the knife. A couple of the coins slip unnoticed into the sleeve, along with the knife, the rest begin tumbling to the ground, clinking as they hit the floor. A look of wide eyed surprise showing on her face, she turns to Ronyboss. Yer loosin' money m'laird. Lemme help ya pick em up. The coins had already been safely stashed in her pouch long before she bent, scrambling for the coins, making sure all were aware she was trying to help, and not pocketing any for herself. Her diversion complete, she pushed the loose coins into Ronyboss's hands before plopping onto the stool beside him.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:23 pm

Crane wrote:While counting his coins, Crane darted a look at the young woman as she helped pick up Ronyboss's coins.

"What a nice lad-......"

The mumbled words trailed off as he noticed a few slight bulges in the sleeves of the young woman's shirt

"Of course, I could always be wrong..."

While mumbling these words, Crane pulled out some coins from his pouch, and then he put away his pouch, but his eyes kept darting towards the young thief.

Ronyboss wrote:After he gulps down the last nip of his third beer, Rony hears some weird ringing in his head – Aargh, I probably should stop drinking. He shakes his head and looks to the left, where he sees a blurred picture of a man resting on the bar. As he looks rightwards, surprisingly he notices a girl kneeling by his feet – Well, ladies always kneeled by my legs – the first thought that passed his mind. He looks better and sees, that the girl is trying to pick up some coins from the ground. After she collects the coins, she raises her head and speaks with a silent but afraid voice: Yer loosin' Money m'laird. Lemme help ya pick em up.

He quickly reaches after his pouch and notices it is leaky and empty. He seems to be a bit confused, but he tries to be gentle and talks to the stranger: Thank you nice lady, your help is appreciated. May I something do for you for recompense? She remains to stand there quiet, while handing him the collected coins. Rony takes them and puts the coins into his right pocket, only one of them remains in his hand and he starts playing with it and throwing it for himself. Permanently looking at the bashful and scared girl, grinning at her with his shifty smile, just to be sure, he asks her again: Honestly, is there anything I could do for you? The girl moves her head very subtly to the left and right, what in places, where he upgrow, stands for no.

He rises from the bar and with lazy steps slowly walks towards his seat at the table, to enjoy the company of his friends. Halfway he suddenly stops and turns his head backwards, seeing apparent negligence on the girl's face, and speaks with the characteristic grin in the left corner of his mouth: Sweetheart, next time you will need money to buy meal, it will be unnecessary to cut my purse. Nicely asking for help will do the trick. He tosses her the coin, he's been playing with until now, winks at her and smilingly walks to his seat...

Argyll wrote:Argyll walked into the tavern just as Rony was tossing a coin to what he was unflaggingly sure, then flaggingly sure, then mostly sure, then not sure at all was a young boy. His mental trek toward unsureness had proved the correct path, as the young one was indeed a young lady.

And then, for one brilliant moment something happened that happened every time he saw Rose: the world was briefly silent and invisible and there was only her face. Then the tavern returned in its full rambunctious, raucus, cheery... was Tom eating Rain's face? No, Argyll realized with a small sigh of relief, Tom was merely ridding his sister's face of jam. He walked up behind Rose-- she was rapt by the immeasurable and highly concentrated lunacy of the entire tavern scene. Being a Jamieson, however, Argyll was immune to such temporary paralysis in the face of absurdity. He put his arms around her waist, snaked his head over her shoulder and kissed her cheek. Then he proceeded to gnaw her face off like a ravenous bear. A ravenous bear versed in pantomime, of course. He'd never acquired the taste for human flesh, nor regretted any lost opportunities that sprang therefrom.

"Allo, love," Argyll half-whispered into his fiance's ear. "Just what the hell is all this then?" He added, indicating the scene with a flamboyant gesture made with her hand-- of which he had most recently taken temporary control.

Then, in a fully private whisper: "I always knew Rain would find a man..." And with perfect timing, Tom the Bear went after Rain's jam-besodden face with renewed passion.

Gawain59 wrote:Having spoken with Ted, and now feeling thirsty, Gawain gets up and goes to the bar and buying some drinks for his friends, then goes back to his seat and hands them out.

Having just seen the events that occurred at the bar between Aasha & Rony, he turns to Rony, saying: "You handled that situation well, and in a very kind & gentlemanly way too.

Aasha wrote:Glad her face always stays expressionless unless she deliberately lets anything show, she wonders how in the world this man knew she had cut his purse, it wouldn't have been anything that he would have felt, and she had been extremely careful to only take 2 coins to keep the theft from being obvious. Even more, he had referred to her as a girl, and she knew there was nothing in her demeanor or voice that seemed even remotely ladylike. Pasting a look of indignation on her face, she caught the tossed coin, and tossed it right back.

Reaching into her pouch, she placed both of the stolen coins on the bar for Rain. Thank ye for the meal, yer a good cook m'lady. I'd best be goin' now, gotta find a place ter lay me head. Letting her eyes flash fire under the brim of her hat, she left in a hurry. - At least my belly is full, though that was a bust. Must have some magical powers or something in there to see through me so completely. Well, I guess its time to move on, can't be taking chances like that. No landing in the gaols for me, that would get me caught for sure. Too bad though, the guy with the bear seemed nice, and there sure was a lot of money flashing around. - Thoughts tumbling rapidly through the keen mind, Aasha scouted around until she found an abandoned barn to sleep in for the rest of the evening. Pulling hay over her so she didn't show, she closed her eyes and relaxed enough to drift off, planning on resuming her journey at dawn.

OOC: Thanks for participating. I thought I was doing a good job of hiding that Aasha was a she. If you have pointers on what I did wrong to give her away, please pm me. I try hard not to godmod others, please don't godmod me, or my emotions. She lets NO emotions cross her face unless its deliberate. I plan on RPing her as a petty thief, good at what she does, she's had to live this way for a while, so unless she gets greedy or makes a mistake (which she will occassionally), she wouldn't be easily caught, especially not by multiple people.

Censor Crab wrote:Aasha is correct. I picked up the moding yesterday, but thought maybe it had been agreed to. Obviously it wasn't so Please be more careful that your responding to the RP and not to knowledge you have gained from elsewhere.

I'll remove this in a day or so when the RP has moved on some more.

If you have any questions please PM me, dont post them here.

Thanks
Crab
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down