Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1.Beeston's First Beauty Contest

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

1.Beeston's First Beauty Contest - Page 2 Empty Re: 1.Beeston's First Beauty Contest

Post  Admin Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:08 am

Pegars

Pegars feeling so nervous she holds one hand over the other just to stop them shaking. walking to the stage hands folded neatly in front she stands and speaks in a soft but firm voice.

I enter this contest in the hope to win it. That I, from poor humble beginnings, may feel beautiful for one day and have the title of being,
The first Miss Chester.

Pegars curtsies to the people and judges.
Then stands by they other ladies.
They all stand in a row of beauty and magnificens.

1.Beeston's First Beauty Contest - Page 2 46f6a010f1ef2vv9

Admin
Admin

http://rkalternative.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

1.Beeston's First Beauty Contest - Page 2 Empty Re: 1.Beeston's First Beauty Contest

Post  Admin Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:08 am

Jertydo

Jertydo had been fascinated by all the amazing acts all the ladies did. They truely were taking this seriously. He played Krovians question over and over again in his mind. As the ladies answered he listened for that quivering note that must people would issue under great pressure, but so far all of them had done very well. He would wait until everyone answered Krovian;s question before asking his own.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:09 am

Jennibelle

Jen stepped forward and nodded slightly at the crowd gathered. She was having a fun time, win or lose she was excited to be amongst the crowd. The faces washed into a shadows. She smiled as her hands clasped in front of her. "I am afraid that I have more humble reasons for entering this competition. I have just arrived here last week, when I saw this competition I thought it would be a wonderful way to get to know, not only people from my town, but people from the entire county." Jen paused before she continued. It had seemed like all the practices her mother gave her on orration. "From that stand point I have already won. So thank you for this opertunity." With her last line, Jen curtsied and stepped back to her place.

1.Beeston's First Beauty Contest - Page 2 54535166048f1224ce16621.Beeston's First Beauty Contest - Page 2 SunandMoonJen

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MackenzieGael Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:10 am

Stepping forward Mackenzie clears her throat. As usual she's last again, but she'd had to make a quick change from her riding pants to the casual dress she now wore, and her hair, jah-bless, was a tangled mess of curls she'd quickly twisted on the back head. This was a test of minds and passion though and not beauty so she felt confident.

Why did you run in this Beauty contest?

"While I'm not completely a newcomer I must admit I haven't been that much of a socialite around town. When I saw the posting to sign up for the Beauty Contest or Ms. Chester Contest, I didn't jump at the prizes, of which I honestly can't tell you what they are. I did, however, jump at the chance to meet a lot of new friends, in town and within the county. I also thought that a contest would be fun, and I was soo right! It seems to have brought us all together in a fun and merriment. I've had the chance to meet lots of new people, and have seen a couple of people I would like to get to know. Thank you Cecily for organizing this wonderful event and thank you everyone for attending. You've really made it great! Thank you!"

Mackenzie stepped back in line with the other girls, her eyes scanning the crowd at the now familiar faces as she smiled. Life was good.
MackenzieGael
MackenzieGael
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:10 am

Yovela

Yovela turned the question over in her mind....Why had she entered? Why was such a simple question giving her such a hard time. She feigned confidence well, though. She'd always been good at masking emotions, it was one of many secret traits that had gotten her this far in life. With a warm smile that could melt the thickest ice, she spoke up. She had no poignant reason for joining like some, in her opinion she had no real hope of beating these ladies, or gentleman for that matter.
"It seemed like a good idea at the time, honestly. Someone mentioned that I should enter, and without skipping a beat, I signed myself up. Plus, this way I get the best view of the fool in his dress"
She gave a curtsy and stepped back to wait with the others.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecilywolfe Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:10 am

Cecily takes the stage as Yovela steps down.

"Judges, may we please have the next question?"
Cecilywolfe
Cecilywolfe
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:11 am

Jertydo

Jertydo stands up, ready to give the next question, "Does true happiness come from the things we receive or the things we give?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MackenzieGael Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:13 am

Biting her bottom lip, Mac cautiously steps forward. She wasn't good at going first...

Does truest happiness come from the things we receive or the things we give?

True happiness, in my opinion, comes not from material goods at all, but from the friends, family, and loyal companions we surround ourselves with. Happiness is that wonderful state of feeling content, loved and safe while laughing and having a good time. It is being able to feel carefree around true friends, friends you can do or say anything stupid or asinine around and know that they won't care, they'll still love you for who you are. It's being in a room full of family members that you know and care for you. This... to me.. is true happiness.

But if we're strictly speaking about the question at hand, I would say more joy can be gotten from giving gifts than receiving. There's a wonderful rush of happiness that follows giving someone a gift, and hoping that they will cherish it forever.

With a sigh, Mac steps back in line beside the other girls. She hoped the judges didn't mind that she'd elaborated on the answer, but it had all come from the heart and was truely how she felt.
MackenzieGael
MackenzieGael
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:15 am

Yovela

Yovela stepped up again, hands behind her back to hide the nervous twisting of her fingers. She smiled, breathing deeply. It was nothing to be nervous about. It was just a gathering of friends, just treat it like normal. Her gaze shifted across the room at all the familiar faces.

"At the risk of sounding hackneyed, I must agree, I much prefer the joys of giving. Not to say that it isn't wonderful to receive a gift from time to time, but I cannot remember a time when I did not take a wonderful joy and sense of pride in picking out something especially for a friend, or even for someone I didn't know. Though when you think of it, often times there is a rather selfish motivation behind giving, a need for recognition and appreciation that all humans innately possess.
It is also wonderful to receive, though. Even if it's as cliche as the gift of knowledge, a tip from a friend, a lesson from a past experience. But even then, it's most rewarding to pass these things along.
So yes, as dull as it may sound, I'll have to admit, I find truest happiness in giving."

She smiled, and went back stage once more to join the others.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Fool for once actually looks slightly thoughtful as he steps up

Hmm depending on my action i see true happiness as being a combination of giving and recieve. Take for example i make a puppet for a child, i take pleasure and happiness in my work, i give the finished puppet to the child and i have more happiness, then the childs actual pleasure and thanks for the gift in response which he gives back to me through his emotion and body langauge i believe makes up the concept of true happiness. You cannot pin the term to one side of the sceptrum.

Another example, A hunter brings down a buck, he gives the buck to the butcher and feels happiness as his skill has brought down the required resources for someone else to work, and his pride of bringing it down. The said hunter would also feel a degree of happiness when he got paid and was able to taste the fruits of his labour, once again reaching the concept of true happiness.

The Fool breathes out deeply as steps down

1.Beeston's First Beauty Contest - Page 2 Thefool23

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pegars

Pegars take the stage, feeling well at this point. Not as she had felt before.

True happiness is alittle of both it can be found in friendship like the ones I have made with the ladies and gentlemen here today

Happiness is something that is treasured by most.
To give to someone gives happiness to the receiver and the giver.
To give to someone gives me a sense of great wellbeing like I have done some good for someone, and the receivers happniess is not only to get something, but to know that there is some good hearted people in this cruel world.

Its like giving money to the church I give as I feel as if im doing good for the poor people who have nothing. and for the people to whom the money goes to, they get happniess from the money that I gave, so they have a place to stay and food to eat

As I said happniess is both.

Pegars feeling a dry mouth hopes that her speech didnt go on to long. she takes her place once more to make room for the next contest person.

1.Beeston's First Beauty Contest - Page 2 46f6a010f1ef2vv9

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:16 am

Jertydo

Seffira looks down a moment, in thought. "True happiness... To me, it has to be in both giving and receiving. To love and be loved back; there is no greater joy than that. If one were simply to love but not have it returned, it would be a bitter heartache. But if one merely receives love and does not love at all in return, how can one experience the delight in giving their heart to another? So indeed, true happiness only comes through giving and receiving."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecilywolfe Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:16 am

Posted: 27 Sep 2007 09:39 Post subject:
Cecily steps back up the the stage.

"Let's give all our contestants another round of applause. We are going to release Duke Bloodstone from his judge duties because of all the other events in our county. Now, citizens of Chester, it is time to vote for the first Miss Chester!"

OOC: I am setting the voting up in another thread. Please go vote and post your comments!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2