Drinking Contest

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Drinking Contest

Post  Aasha on Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:39 pm

Carlisle Cumberland 8 June 1458

The Bar Man, played by Emmerscab wrote:some say the irish can sink more booze than anyone else, some say it is the english/ now is the time to find out, in the first (so far as i know) carlisle drinkning tournament

to grab a drink, just roll a 3 dice from www.dicelog.com. and record your scvore (it's a drinking contest and everyone knows people can remain civil and honest when they drink). you have to beat or exceed the target for the orund, and once a round finishes, i will start a new one with a higher target.

i am aiming for 48 hour rounds, but you iwll have to deal with the vagueries of my availability. yotu have to be in on round one to play, and my decision is final.

the target for round one is 8. have fun drinking, i have bough the whole range of ales, wines and spirits here, so take what you want

Emmerscab wrote:Emmerscab wander sup and sees the table laid out, weighed down by booze. never one to turn down a free drink , he selects an ale, and knocks it back

6+6+4=16 (3d6)

mmm. tasty

The Bar Man, played by Emmerscab wrote:i should remind you that you need to post the result of your roll, and rp yourself drinking your drink, and in some way dropping out if you fail to make the target

Layne_ wrote:Layne hears of a drinking contest in Carlisle and grins. So that's where all the ale went, because there isn't any in the taverns. Lets see what kind of damage I can do there. She enters the tavern holding the contest and watches as Emmerscab drinks a respectable amount of ale. Well I don't know if I can beat that, but I'll certainly try. I'll take some ale please!

With her ale, she drinks and drinks and drinks until she can't drink anymore.

3 + 4 + 6 = 13

Well I didn't do as good as you, but I should make it through to the next round with that amount of ale!

Happyherder wrote:HH wanders into the tavern and sits down weakly. Having almost died, he orders an ale... and manages to barely down it.

5 + 2 + 2 = 9

Funn wrote:After days on the road, throat dry and parched, I pound more than a few. While not normally given to quite so many rounds, just really need the mood lift
Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

6 + 6 + 5 = 17


Rush_crusher wrote:1 + 1 + 1 = 3

I don't know is that a lucky or .....

only 3 tankard Sad

Rain_ wrote:She couldn't believe it. Finally some fun! Rain dashes down to the tavern--she isn't going to miss the contest this time. When she enters the tavern, there is a barman there already lining ale after ale up on the bar. "Oh! I'll play!"

She grabs one up and chugs it down. It's horrible--most definitely not Gravedigger--and she almost gives up after the first drink. Still, she is a stubborn woman and she keeps going. The first one had hit her hard, but it was just the initial shock and she drinks the second and third without flinching. Noticing that there are no more in front of her, she slides up onto the chair and waves the barman for more beer.

Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

2 + 5 + 6 = 13

Myxti wrote:Myxti had been sitting in her tent waiting for a letter back from Blanche, but she knew it was too soon for a response. The weather was nice and despite the coppery smell in the air, she decided to take a walk through town. It was not the safest thing to do, but what was these days?

A lovely non-coppery smell caught her nose.


*Thinking* Praise Jah...it's ALE!

Myxti saw the light nearby and followed the path towards it. It was a tavern, indeed! She walked in expecting the room to yell "Hi Myxti." But...this was not Ludlow and she immediately became distracted by all the types of alcohol. If anyone had shouted her name, she would have missed it.

Sitting next to her cousin, Rain, she grinned.


"Bet I can beat you!"

She rolled the di....... 6 + 4 + 4 = 14 (3d6)

"Whoooooot! Bring it on baby!"

Once the drinks came, she drank them down one by one. The last two were tough getting down, but she didn't get sick. Once she finished, she asked for a small beer. That lovely drink with little alcohol would keep her sober...she hoped. But, just in case, she ordered a loaf of bread as well. Where were her cookies when she needed them? And where was her husband? Surely it would not be safe to walk into this town drunk, alone, and a noble. She would need an escort, indeed.

Tasite wrote:Drinks and a Drinking Contest, say no more let the fun begin. Gather up the dice Tas smile let me see if I can beat you two.


6 + 5 + 4 = 15 "3d6"


Whoohoo!!! Line the drinks up and lets get this party started.

Alessandra_oct wrote:Is it possible to enter this contest on juice rather than ale?

Iubar wrote::-) I dont think the organizer specified the liquid that had to be taken, lil one. Just dont think I'll change your diapers when you have drank too much ;-).

Reddmaeve wrote:Redd approached the table warily, knowing this wasn't the brightest idea. The days had been long and the nights even longer since Bigg was detained elsewhere.

The march and the battles had purified her body, reversing any tolerance that she had acquired during the time of relative peace.

However, she was never one to refuse a drink and she certainly didn't want to seem anti-social. So, she nodded resignedly to the barkeep and lifted her first mug of whatever swill was placed in front of her and then the next and the next, continuing until the room began to spin and she lost the ability to focus.

Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

1 + 4 + 2 = 7

Some may have wondered why she smiled as she slid silently to the floor, but they could not see the fuzzy bunnies and dancing sheep that greeted her as she passed peaceably into oblivion.

"Bigg, you should see this...." she slurred as she mumbled. At least that's what she thought she had said....

Pirokiller wrote:Piro comes and takes a bottle.
Look how professional works! - says he to all.
Whiskey disappears in his throat...


Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :
6 + 6 + 6 = 18
(lol, with first try!!! me the man!)

Kieran88 wrote:This looks fun, havent had a good boozer for a very longtime!, lets see if i still got it.

Ordering a few beers Kieran starts to drink them, feeling them hit his head quite quickly, he slows down and then finishes the rest.

Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

6 + 4 + 3 = 13



Lets get drunk!!!

_________________

Why have a Knight in shining armor when you can have a Viking in bloody chainmail?
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Posts : 1074
Join date : 2008-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drinking Contest

Post  Aasha on Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:45 pm

Narvia wrote:The sight of the loaded table made Narvia's mouth water. So many drinks to choose from, so little time to drink them all. Her eyes scanned the table trying to decide where to start when she spotted what she was hoping to see.

Ah, Bender Ale. That'll do the trick. I hope they have enough.

Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

1 + 6 + 5 = 12

The Bar Man, played by Emmerscab wrote:well, there ends the first round. Already unconscious, we have Rush_Crusher and Reddmaeve, i guess they picked the pints of whisky


Through to the second round, we have:

Layne;
Happyherder;
Rain_;
Funn;
Myxti;
Tasite;
Pirokiller;
Kieran88; and
Narvia.

The target for the next round is 10, off you go

Rain_ wrote:"Well this isn't so bad," she thinks. When she downs her next tankard, she realizes there are different types of ale and other liquors scattered throughout. Finishing that one, she scans the rows to find another that looks just like it, downing that one too. Not able to find a third that particular shade of amber, she grabs another and drinks it down, bouncing in her seat, eager for the next round.

Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

5 + 5 + 4 = 14

The_zombie wrote:Zombie come near the Tavern and sees people having a drinking competition.
"Free Ale!!"he shouts

Goes in and drink as many drink as possible before someone rushes him out


Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

6 + 6 + 6 = 18

*Hips* Ok I am *Hips* Leaving *Hips*

Zombie goes back to his way hipping

Kieran88 wrote:Sitting at the bar, with a big cheesy grin, kieran looks around and recognises a few of the toher patrons from the first round. As the bartender slaps his beers down in front him Kieran begins the test of the beer endurance.
Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

2 + 4 + 5 = 11


Waking up a few hours later, rubbing his head and cursing as he gets to his feet, 'what happened last night? did i pass? did i get through?' he asks hopefully.

' only just my good sir, only just' replies the bartender.

Narvia wrote:Narvia could not believe how much her head was spinning already. Beemo would have given her such a tongue lashing. It had to be the medicine they had given her in the infirmary. Yeah, that had to be it, she thought as her eyes closed and her head hit the table.

Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

1 + 1 + 1 = 3

Funn wrote:Still a bit tipsy from round one, I try to keep up with the big boys. Choosing a nice dark ale, I start nursing the pints. As the evening wears on it seems like my head just keeps getting heavier and heaavieeeer

Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

1 + 6 + 1 = 8

zzzzzzzzz

Myxti wrote:Loosened up and feeling those liquor muscles, Myxti felt ready to fight the world...including the drinks. She asked for shots of half Irish and half Scotch whiskey. Drinks 1-4 were easy. After a few more though, Myxti's head started to wobble. The 9th drink was impossible. No matter how hard she tried, she could only repeatedly take a sip, slam it down, and then try to finish that shot. Drink 9....done! Unfortunately, so was Myxti.

Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

6 + 2 + 1 = 9

Pirokiller wrote:Piro felt already a bit dozed after first round, so next portion of whiskey he drunk more slowly.


Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :
5 + 5 + 3 = 13

Tasite wrote:Tas was sit wasn't she, trying to scan the room she notice she was on the floor. How!! How did I get down here... Surely I didn't drunk that much did I. Pulling up she move to back to the bar very slowly as if she lost her legs to the sea.. Bartender we are going to try that again. Hit Me with the good stuff

Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

5 + 5 + 1 = 11

*HIPS* Keeping coming bartender. I'm not down yet.

Happyherder wrote:HH had healed enough so he no longer was weakened. The change of scenery had done a world of wonder. He walked to the bar and easily downed a whiskey in one large gulp. The liquid warmed him considerably, and he turned and bowed to his fellow competitors. He smiled warmly and went back to his seat... all the while whistling a tune.


Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

6 + 6 + 6 = 18
(wow... lucky... probably peaked too soon!)

Aasha wrote:Aasha had been in town for a while and had only managed to run into her 'aunt' once in a tavern. She hadn't seen her among the fallen, but that didn't mean much when the reports she'd heard about how the battles had been going were so one sided. Besides, Aasha hated to try and read, everyone always wanted to use fancy shmancy words, and they drove her nuts trying to figure out and understand. Rather than trying to find out from some less than enthusiastic citizens regarding Tasite's whereabouts, Aasha began going from tavern to tavern. Eventually she'd run into her, if there was one thing she knew, almost all Tudors liked to unwind with a few pints now and again.

The girl's diligence paid off, Aasha walked into the third tavern and there was Tasite, in what looked like some sort of drinking contest. Aasha smirked, then slid into the seat beside her. Hey Tasty, yer lookin' a might pe'ked. Ain't tryin' to mess wit' the Irish whisk'y is ya? If'n ya is, dun be thinkin' I'm carryin 'yer bum home. Still grinning, Aasha ordered a few rounds and began slamming them back. Nothing like alcohol to bring both sides together peacefully for a while.


Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

6 + 2 + 3 = 11

obli. wrote:A sucker for Aasha's beauty, Obli followed her into a bar and what appeared to be a drinking contest. Sitting beside her at the bar, he began pacing himself with her, drink for drink.


6 + 2 + 3 = 11

"Heyoo m'love. Fancy seein' ye 'ere. Ye be comin' 'ere oft'n?" Obli winked at her and grinned. He handed her a special bottle, something he brought from home. "Ye migh' be likin' t'is bet'r." He kissed her cheek and returned to the task at hand - drinking.

the bar man, played by Emmerscab wrote:"good to see a few more joining,

do you want to take your second drinks too, otherwise you will have one less in you than everyone else.

once this round closes tomorrow, i'll not be able to let anyone else in"

_________________

Why have a Knight in shining armor when you can have a Viking in bloody chainmail?
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Posts : 1074
Join date : 2008-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drinking Contest

Post  Aasha on Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:50 pm

Alessandra_oct wrote:*Frowning as the barman and tournament hoster clearly ignored her question, she leaves furiously.*

Rush_crusher wrote:Raise his head and whisper , Mr. Bartender once more please ..

And fall down unconscious again...

Aasha wrote:Aasha grins as Obli joins her. More oft'n if'n I gets to see ya here too. She'd not thought of actually joining the contest, but when invited, couldn't resist. She'd been in Ireland long enough that drinking large amounts was second nature. Obli made it even easier, handing her a bottle of her favorite alcohol. Eyeing him up and down, she whispers impishly; Aye, I'd be likin' ya...oh, ya was talkin' 'bout the brandy? Popping the cork on the brandy, Aasha leaned over, gave him a swift but thorough kiss, then straightened and began to steadily make her way through the bottle.

Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

5 + 2 + 5 = 12

It was after she'd finished way too many shots, one swallow at a time from the bottle that she knew matching Obli drink for drink was going to be a bad idea. Hadn't they played this game before? Although...the results last time had been damn good for her. Giggling as the thought crossed her mind, she took another swig and began to lean back, forgetting that she was on a bar stool. Almost toppling, she swiveled around and leaned against Obli instead.

Jewelintheskull wrote:Jewel walks in the bar to find he has missed another drinking contest.

"damn" I will get to hear of one of these things before they are nearly over."

ue]]Never mind i will sit and watch and have my own contest against myself. He thinks to himself as he orders a bottle and begins to swallow.

Todryangle wrote:Tod wanders in

Well better late than never, barkeep keep that one arm moving

Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

5 + 4 + 3 = 12

Emmerscab wrote:Emmerscab walks up for his second drink, and knocks it back quickly

6 + 4 + 6 = 16

[b]Just getting started...

The Bar Man, played by Emmerscab wrote:well, from the first round we had...

Layne;
Happyherder;
Rain_;
Funn;
Myxti;
Tasite;
Pirokiller;
Kieran88; and
Narvia.

and they have been joined by:

Aasha;
Obli; and
Todryangle

Apologies young mistress alessandra, I thought Iubar had answered your question, if you and the man having his own drinking contest want to join in , you can ghet three drinks in quickly and join the next round. And watch the juice here it goes straight to your head.

after eliminations, through to the 3rd round, we have

Rain_
Keiran88
PiroKiller
Tasite
Happyherder
Aasha
Obli
Todryangle
Emmerscab

Layne, I'll give you a little motre time to have your second, Obli and tod, you need your second round go too, so please catch up

I'll start the third round now, so we aren't waiting, if you are behind, please make sure you get up to the third round

target is 12, happy drinking

Pirokiller wrote:Piro comes to his third round right from Cumber's University. Being Rector he spend all day with intellectual books, ancient scrolls, maps and philosophic tractates. Of course after that he is already dozed, hardly can walk straight line and his breath smells whiskey.

He takes another portion of booze and after drinking it happily curls into the ball under the table.

5 + 2 + 2 = 9

Kieran88 wrote:Kieran feeling rather sick from the other rounds, Kieran slouches on the bar, Head in his arms,'Beer please.....' he muffles in an unethueastic voice.

As the beer touches his lips Kieran let out a little gag, as the beer struggled to go down his throat his stomach let out a churn.
Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

1 + 4 + 1 = 6

Falling to the floor, he starts to be sick, 'no more!, please no moreeeee'

Rain_ wrote:Rain begins to wonder what is going on exactly. Six drinks, she should be feeling something by now. Perhaps she's been lucky and gotten drinks with no alcohol in them? Well...lucky for the sake of the contest anyway. Being served beer without any alcohol in it might just be a killing offense some places. She downs her next drinks one after the other, and it isn't til the last one she notices something isn't quite right. She raises her eyes from the empty glasses to look at the bartender and it takes a little while for her brain to catch up to her eyes (or so it seems to her). The sensation is one of vertigo, and she grabs the edge of the bar, wobbling in her seat. By the grace of Jah or sheer dumb luck, she manages to stay upright.

If only just.


Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

4 + 5 + 4 = 13

Todryangle wrote:Tod grabs another round from the one armed bar keep

4 + 3 + 5 = 12

Slams it down,

Aye laddies looks like Imm still standin

Todryangle wrote:Well seeing Im here I may as well have round 3.

Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

2 + 6 + 5 = 13


Ouch laddie two so close almost had me on the floor.

Sits back to watch the others

Aasha wrote:Aasha got good and comfortable leaning on Obli, checked to make sure Tasite hadn't passed out on the bar yet, then reached for the remainder of the bottle of brandy. She'd put quite a dent in it already, at the rate she was going she'd be finished with it before the contest was over. Now Aasha had been drunk on many different types of alcohol, ale, cider, whiskey, shroom juice, even the rum Athorgate used to swear by, but never by Obli's brandy. This was so not a good idea, getting wasted before finding out how it affected her, but Aasha braved it. Tiny or not, she could hold her own, and loved to prove it. Yer gettin' behind Obli...o' is ya jus' watchin' sos ya ken carry me ou' lat'r?; she whispered teasingly, before steadily making her way through the shots she'd lined up so carefully.

Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

2 + 6 + 4 = 12

Now a smart person knows not to do more than you have to, and although not book smart, Aasha was street smart enough to stop at the twelve needed for the round. The room was settling in at a nice hazy spin, perfect. Not too drunk yet...unlike the poor Engli...wait? She knew that face. Wasn't he the one she tried to drag? Yep, he was. Aasha laughed. He was too drunk to notice if Tasite got naked again this time. Poor drunken sod had even lost his cookies, well before eating any.

Tasite wrote:*HIPS* Aashaaaaa *HIPS* how are you hun *HIPS... Bartender another round for me and some for my beautiful niece here... when did you get here hun? *HIPS* me Pe'ked never I'm just getting started. You know I'm thinking Kieran can't hold his ale; she said as she watched him fall to the floor sick. Trying not to giggle; Kieran do you need help up *HIPS*

Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

5 + 5 + 2 = 12

The Bar Man, played by Emmerscab wrote:"Well, we've lost Pirokiller and Keiran88 and Todryangle, Rain_, Aasha and Tasite are through, leaving me waiting for Happyherder, Obli and Emmerscab."

I reckon we give them 24 more hours to join in again, then we move onto our fourth drinks.

_________________

Why have a Knight in shining armor when you can have a Viking in bloody chainmail?
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Posts : 1074
Join date : 2008-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drinking Contest

Post  Aasha on Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:54 pm

Emmerscab wrote:Ememrscab strolls up to the bar, ready for his third drink, inwardly laughing at those who have already fallen.

he grasps the nearest tankard, and knocks it back

only, is that ale...

it has a certain, something to the taste, somethign you definately shouldn;t be drinking.

He runs out to the privy, spitting an unknown liquid out as he goes

2 + 4 + 3 = 9

The Bar Man, played by Emmerscab wrote:wEll, it looks like we've lost another, and two more seem to have had so much they can't even come back for another drink.

i decalre round 4 open, with a target of 13

still in we have our plucky 4

Todryangle, Rain_, Aasha and Tasite

good luck to you all

Aasha wrote:Even with less than ideal vision, Aasha could tell something had gotten to Obli. He hadn't accidentally drunk any of that infernal turnip ale the English were trying to pass off as spirits were they? Squinting her eyes, her head lolled back towards him to check. Y'a'righths Obli? Ain't fallin' down ish ya? I ain't wantin' to fallsh withhh ya. Damn, her words were sounding funny, not a good sign when there were still a few left in the contest.

Alright, so maybe she wasn't so bad. Tasite had just now noticed she was here, so her vision was much worse. So was her speech, and she had the hiccups. Tempted to scare them out of the woman, she smiled mischievously, then decided to just have another drink or three, or ten.

Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

4 + 1 + 5 = 10

Wha' washh the goal 'gain?
The room began spinning a little too quickly before she could find out. Clutching her head to make it stop, she toppled half off the stool. I thin's I'm needin a privvyyy, doeth ya know wher...ah, I'll find i'... Tottering off, Aasha managed to make it to a door, although it was the wrong one. She neither knew nor cared at that point, stars were spinning even faster than the bar. Making a mistake and looking up, Aasha fell to the ground, right into a convenient bale of hay. The familiar odor soothed her too much, and the lass proceeded to pass out.

Tasite wrote:Tas watched has someone sent the bartender to pour her more drinks. Giving a somewhat of a smile she spoke.. I doo believe u r trying to get me drink... drunk*hips* Keep em coming, I can hold my ale with the best of em. *hips*

Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

5 + 6 + 5 = 16


Tas took a drink not knowing how many there have been when she sees Aasha staggering to the door.

Todryangle wrote:Tod them after finishing a ale then grabs the one left behind by the Barman, thinking it to a good free drink.

Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

4 + 2 + 4 = 10

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH me drinks been spiked currsed english, as he dashes for the door

_________________

Why have a Knight in shining armor when you can have a Viking in bloody chainmail?
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Posts : 1074
Join date : 2008-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drinking Contest

Post  Aasha on Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:46 pm

Axle5788 wrote:
Aasha wrote:Even with less than ideal vision, Aasha could tell something had gotten to Obli. He hadn't accidentally drunk any of that infernal turnip ale the English were trying to pass off as spirits were they? Squinting her eyes, her head lolled back towards him to check. Y'a'righths Obli? Ain't fallin' down ish ya? I ain't wantin' to fallsh withhh ya. Damn, her words were sounding funny, not a good sign when there were still a few left in the contest.

Alright, so maybe she wasn't so bad. Tasite had just now noticed she was here, so her vision was much worse. So was her speech, and she had the hiccups. Tempted to scare them out of the woman, she smiled mischievously, then decided to just have another drink or three, or ten.

Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

4 + 1 + 5 = 10

Wha' washh the goal 'gain?
The room began spinning a little too quickly before she could find out. Clutching her head to make it stop, she toppled half off the stool. I thin's I'm needin a privvyyy, doeth ya know wher...ah, I'll find i'... Tottering off, Aasha managed to make it to a door, although it was the wrong one. She neither knew nor cared at that point, stars were spinning even faster than the bar. Making a mistake and looking up, Aasha fell to the ground, right into a convenient bale of hay. The familiar odor soothed her too much, and the lass proceeded to pass out.

He wasn't involved in the contest but he sure was watching Aasha. He was her stalker after all. When she fell into the hay, his eyes opened wide. Shocked She was usually good at holding her drink. He would know since he watched her so much. He snuck towards the hay, looking side to side before kneeling next to her. He shook her, but didn't hear any sign of her typical response to him "Get off me. Don't touch me! I will break your hand if you do that again". He was used to all that from her, but nothing.. not a peep. :? A worried look crossed his face and he didn't want her to stay here all night, so he picked her up onto his shoulder. He carried her away towards his tent since he didn't want to put her with Obli.

He wasn't jealous of Obli really. In fact, he was proud of his status as her stalker even though she didn't really take very much notice of him and sometimes even forgot to feed him. It made him stronger though. Stalkers had to be resourceful and now in times of war, it would really pay off. He knew that others would come and go.. but a stalker, lasts forever.

Kieran88 wrote:Pulling himself up from the floor, he held onto the chairs, slowly lifting himself up and leaning on the bar, slowly moving his head to the side he notices Tas, still drinking. Smiling to himself he shuffles across to her.

'Hey tassssss, its so good to see you....*hip*, how are..how...how are...how are youuuuuu doing? *hip*you still in the contest?, im out me, im out,, im rubbish, im out..', kieran felt funny next to tas, funny in a good way, like a flutter in his chest, ' i know we havent spent alot of time together tas...*hip*..but iv enjoyed your companyyyyyy...i always do..i love been around you..and hope..hopefully be able to spend some more time with you...*hips* if youll let me..'

Throwing his arm round her, he leans slighty into her. Taking a few deep breaths...

'ya know tas, *hip*, there is something iv been wanting to...to...to....tell you for a longggggggg time *hip*, but..but iv been to shy to say anything all this time,*hips* i maybe a liittttllle inccy wincy bit drunk, but i feel more confident to be able to tell you this, *hips*,.....................*hips*................................*hips*........... Tas........, i really really realllllllly reallly rrreeeaaaaalllly ............*hips* like you', Letting out a small grin Kieran falls to the floor once again.

Aasha wrote:Vague impressions entered her foggy mind. Hanging upside down, being jostled, her face bouncing against someone's backside. Backside? No, not Obli's...why... It slipped out of her mind before the thought fully formed. None of it entered her consciousness enough for her to wake, Aasha simply sighed and passed back out.

Some time later, Aasha woke with a start. The smell of hay that she could have sworn surrounded her when she went to sleep was gone, it was pitch black outside…or was she inside? Wait, where the hell was she? Aasha blinked and sat up, a dagger reflexively slipping into her hand. While she waited for her eyes to adjust to the dark, she let other senses take over.

The girl took a deep breath, letting the familiar smells of a tent and…wait…tent was right, but this was not her tent. There was someone else here, she could hear them breathing, but it damn sure wasn’t Obli. Just one person? The girl listened closely, but could only hear one person breathing in the tent with her. If it wasn't Obli, and it wasn't or she would have been closer...why was the scent familiar?

Aasha wracked her brain, trying to remember exactly what had happened. She had joined a drinking contest, had way too much to drink, mixing some type of English rotgut with her brandy. The last thing she remembered was having to empty her bladder…hmmm…seems like she hadn’t done that, she still had to pee…so how had she gotten from the tavern to wherever the hell here was? Had she...hells bells, she had passed out. Just what had they spiked her drinks with?

The girl looked towards the sleeping form, her dagger at the ready just in case. What idiot carried her off and fell asleep? Someone with a death wish? Even from here she could hit quite well, enough to do major damage if she wanted. Keeping the vague form in her line of sight, she demanded; Ya wanna tells me where the hells I am an’ why I ain’t where I’m ‘posed to be? Her stomach rolled, her bladder protesting the waiting. Answers first, relief later she promised herself.

degas wrote:What I see here is nothing but a bunch of light weight amateurs. Takes his bottle of Usquebach and slowly puts it to his lips...and starts to let it pour down his throat,,,mmm,,,, good. Begone, you pecks. Go back to the bush leagues!

Tasite wrote:Tas was about to take another drink when she hear Kier talking. "Hey tassssss, its so good to see you....*hip*, how are..how...how are...how are youuuuuu doing? *hip*you still in the contest?, im out me, im out,, im rubbish, im out." Tas giggled as she watched him. Kier you are too cute as she reached out to steady him. "i know we havent spent alot of time together tas...*hip*..but iv enjoyed your companyyyyyy...i always do..i love been around you..and hope..hopefully be able to spend some more time with you...*hips* if youll let me..' Smiling Tas was at a loss for words. I would love to spend more time with you Kier the question is will you remember this in the morning?

Feeling his arm around her she smiled even more.

"ya know tas, *hip*, there is something iv been wanting to...to...to....tell you for a longggggggg time *hip*, but..but iv been to shy to say anything all this time,*hips* i maybe a liittttllle inccy wincy bit drunk, but i feel more confident to be able to tell you this, *hips*,.....................*hips*................................*hips*........... Tas........, i really really realllllllly reallly rrreeeaaaaalllly ............*hips* like you." Smiling she was about to speak when Kier fell to the floor. Aww, poooor baby fall down go boom. Tas did her best to call over one of her guards. Get him a roooom and make sure he comfyyy pleasssssse. She wasn't sure but it sounded like she was slurring her words. As the guard picked him up Tas said wwwwait. Touching Kier's face she spoke. I know you're not going to remember this... but I'm going to say it anyway. I realllllly like you too; then armed with liquid bravery, she kissed his check softly. Ok take him to the room.

Axle5788 wrote:
Aasha wrote:Vague impressions entered her foggy mind. Hanging upside down, being jostled, her face bouncing against someone's backside. Backside? No, not Obli's...why... It slipped out of her mind before the thought fully formed. None of it entered her consciousness enough for her to wake, Aasha simply sighed and passed back out.

Some time later, Aasha woke with a start. The smell of hay that she could have sworn surrounded her when she went to sleep was gone, it was pitch black outside…or was she inside? Wait, where the hell was she? Aasha blinked and sat up, a dagger reflexively slipping into her hand. While she waited for her eyes to adjust to the dark, she let other senses take over.

The girl took a deep breath, letting the familiar smells of a tent and…wait…tent was right, but this was not her tent. There was someone else here, she could hear them breathing, but it damn sure wasn’t Obli. Just one person? The girl listened closely, but could only hear one person breathing in the tent with her. If it wasn't Obli, and it wasn't or she would have been closer...why was the scent familiar?

Aasha wracked her brain, trying to remember exactly what had happened. She had joined a drinking contest, had way too much to drink, mixing some type of English rotgut with her brandy. The last thing she remembered was having to empty her bladder…hmmm…seems like she hadn’t done that, she still had to pee…so how had she gotten from the tavern to wherever the hell here was? Had she...hells bells, she had passed out. Just what had they spiked her drinks with?

The girl looked towards the sleeping form, her dagger at the ready just in case. What idiot carried her off and fell asleep? Someone with a death wish? Even from here she could hit quite well, enough to do major damage if she wanted. Keeping the vague form in her line of sight, she demanded; Ya wanna tells me where the hells I am an’ why I ain’t where I’m ‘posed to be? Her stomach rolled, her bladder protesting the waiting. Answers first, relief later she promised herself.

He was sound asleep. Well as much as any stalker could sleep when the obsession of desire was in the same room. Razz Was it desire? He didn't know. He just had an urge to follow her. All the time. Even to the lake when she bathed. Oh yes, he liked those times...

His mind was finding peaceful thoughts when he was startled by her voice. He didn't want to turn around because he knew she was mad. He had followed her long enough to know.. yes, she was pissed. Angry. Livid. Whats another word meaning really, really, really angry? Well, whatever it is, that is what she was at this very moment. All he could do was answer: Where you s'posed to be? He wasn't playing stupid. He just really didn't know. Though he knew that she wasn't supposed to be HERE.

Aasha wrote:Ahh hell, he did have a death wish. Aasha knew it as soon as she heard his voice. The boy really needed to think before he carted her off anywhere, hadn't he already gotten the stuffing beat out of him the last time he tried to 'help' her? Where'm I 'posed to be? She was stuttering, outrage dripping from every syllable. Ya wants to tells me where inna blue blazes I am 'fore I throws this dagg'r a' ya?

Axle5788 wrote:
Aasha wrote:Ahh hell, he did have a death wish. Aasha knew it as soon as she heard his voice. The boy really needed to think before he carted her off anywhere, hadn't he already gotten the stuffing beat out of him the last time he tried to 'help' her? Where'm I 'posed to be? She was stuttering, outrage dripping from every syllable. Ya wants to tells me where inna blue blazes I am 'fore I throws this dagg'r a' ya?

Where was she supposed to be? Isn't that what he just asked her? He thought she knew. He sure as hell didn't know. She'd beaten him before on several occasions when he responded in a smart tone, though he didn't really know what that meant. He stayed as still as possible, but answered her in what he thought she wanted to know. I found you in hay.. tried to wake you, but you just grumbled. He didn't mention where he poked her to try to wake her. I tried to wake you again by shaking you the next time, and still.. *grumble, grumble*. I thought you wanted to sleep, so I brought ya here. This is a nice sleeping place, see? Warm, near that tent and quiet - he pointed to her tent - not like that one with lights on.

Aasha wrote:He was lucky she couldn't see his face, or the dagger she held clutched in her hand would have flown. Aasha hadn't taken her eyes off the shadowy form, not even when her body protested, reminding her that she still had not done anything about the extra alcohol she'd consumed. She did notice that he was not moving a muscle. - Good, he's showing a little sense finally. Probably scared of you girl, just as he should be. Bringing me to who knows where for who the hell knows what reason! -

Aasha listened to him say where he'd found her, and even of trying to wake her. Puzzled, she searched through the blank spot in her memory, trying to fit it with the vague images she could remember of earlier. Nothing, she could recall the scent of hay, but not why...nothing of him poking, nudging or otherwise trying to revive her. A nice sleepin' place? Aye, it be warm 'nuff...near the te... Aasha stuttered to a stop and peered outside the opening of the tent. Hells bells, he'd brought her to his tent when hers was but a few steps away? And why was hers lit from within? Wha' the hell did they mix wit' my damn drinks? I dun pass ou' likes tha'. Hopes ya socked the damn bart'nd inna nose!

Axle5788 wrote:They was mixing lots of stuffs in your drinks, he finally sat up and was nodding as if he knew what he was saying was a matter of fact. Yes, lots of stuffs. I was outside the window and I could see, but you just kept drinking. You must have been thirsty or something. You didn't care what they put in front of you, but you sure did drink it all. He went to the opening of his tent, and pulled back one of the sides so they could see the other tents in the area then went back to his bed. Her tent was only some feet away, and he had the perfect view. He'd watched her change in there many many times while they'd been waiting on some action in the battles. A smile crept across his lips remembering such wonderful memories. Oh! The bartender.. no, I didn't sock him. I was worried the hay would stuff up your nose that you would stop breathing so I brought you here.

Aasha wrote:Aasha listened to him speak, a frown forming upon her face. Axle, why was ya ou'side the tav'rn lookin' inna wind'w 'stead o' comin' in an havin' a drink? We was havin 'a drinkin' cont'st... Her voice trailed off, the frown deepening. Was the bartender deliberately mixing things into her drink so she would lose the contest?

She was startled by him stating so seriously that she must have been thirsty. Giggling, she shook her head. Ken nae be lettin' som'one else win a' drinkin' mor'n me, though I'm guessin' if'n I passed ou', I didna win.

A little light came in once the tent flap was pulled back, the sounds of their encampment a comforting presence. Even this late at night, she could hear the low murmur of voices outside, all friendly. There was no danger here. She had to admit, passing out in the vicinity of the tavern was a bad idea, there was danger there, so he had done good to bring her back to their camp. But why had he done so and not Obli. And where was Obli? Aasha glanced over just as Axle smiled. She was curious, but did not ask. She wasn't sure she wanted to know, it was probably something else embarrassing with her luck. Why was it that every time something out of the ordinary happened to her lately Axle appeared?

The girl blinked, then blinked again. Hay stuffed up my nose? I dun bury my head inna hay...ya sh'ulda socked 'im in 'is nose, stead o' worryin' 'bout mine. I ain't nev'r stopped breathin' 'fore, an' I slept inna hay lots in my lifes ya knows.

Axle5788 wrote:I don't drink, he said. Lots of drinking made people act stupid and silly, sometimes made people angry and mean. He didn't want to act in any of those ways. Especially not lots and lots and lots and lots.... he paused for a second, then continued.. and lots and lots and lots like you did. He looked out towards her tent, seeing others walk past his tent. He stuck his head out to follow the steps, but nothing was going on so back into the tent he went and sat down again. Don't know if you won.. but it looked like you drank the most out of everybody. You were the only one who stumbled out of the tavern. Some didn't make it past the door.

He tilted his head to listen to her logic, but he knew better. He had been following her for the better part of almost eighteen months... ok, maybe not that long, but it was a long time. You haven't slept in hay in at least seven months, a few weeks, and some days... And English hay could be different then Scottish or Irish hay. You don't know if it would stuff your nose up or not! He knew the exact amount of time, but he stopped since she didn't really care.

Aasha wrote:Ya dun drink? Nae 'tall? Aasha looked at Axle like he had grown two heads. The only people she knew who didn't drink at all were spawn, and he wasn't an overgrown spawn...was he? Hells bells, the last thing they needed in their army was an overgrown child still wet behind the ears. Or worse, one still looking for his mum to feed him. Wait...he couldn't be that young, he'd been in every army she had ever been in or lead, and she had never seen a mum-like person around.

Well yah, the point o' a drinkin' cont'st is to see if'n ya ken drinks mor'n the oth'rs wha' ent'red the cont'st. If'n I dun drinks lots, I'd be losin' fast'r...an' I dun likes to lose. She saw him stick his head out the tent door and frowned. Was he nervous? Why? Oh, she still had the dagger drawn, was he really afraid she'd stab him now? Aasha laughed softly, if she was going to stab him she would have already. Although that was a reminder, never pull a dagger if you don't intend to use it, and since she wasn't going to use it on him...for now anyway...she went ahead and put it away.

Aasha started to ask who hadn't made it out the door when he mentioned hay. The girl's eyes widened. An' how wo'ld ya be knowin' how oft'n I sleeps inna hay...Engl'sh hay is diff'ren' than Scott'sh o' Irish hay? How didya fig're tha'? He really was daft, had he been hit on the head too hard lately. Aasha tried to think past the murky drinking contest to before, he was usually close to her when the fought, and she couldn't remember any head blows, but she couldn't always protect the fool when she was fighting herself. That had to be it, some English idgit had hit him with a broadsword or something. She'd need to have someone check him out...but other than cutting off his fool head, she wasn't sure there was a cure for addled brains. Hay is hay, ain't no diff'ren' here than anywhere else, an' I slept in Engl'sh hay long 'fore I ev'r moved to Ireland o' came to Scotland.

Axle5788 wrote:Drinking does funny things to people. It made my father angry and... His voice trailed off, and didn't want to talk about it. He never talked to anyone about it before and wasn't going to start now. Aasha wouldn't care anyways. She was always in a rush to do things and he was always one step behind.. Ok, maybe more then a few. If she saw him, she'd have his head so he had to be incognito when stalking.

He looked back to Aasha as she was lecturing him about the hay being the same no matter where they were. No, he corrected her and then winced knowing she hated that. Hay feels different. Look. He took his satchel out and pulled out pieces of hay he'd collected from the times she'd fallen or passed out in hay in all three countries. This is Irish hay. More tough, like the warriors they train. He grinned, then pulled out the Scottish one. This one is more grainy, not as tough. And English hay is easy to, he snapped the hay quickly, snap if wanted. I only know the differences in hay since the last, he paused to calculate the amount of time he'd been collecting items she'd touched, probably the last seven months, two weeks, three days, and four hours now...

His stomach was growling. He hadn't finished his sammich since she had decided to venture out of the tavern early. She usually lasted a lot longer, but maybe she was right and that bartender messed with her drinks. He growled thinking about the bartender, swearing revenge on hurting her. That thought flitted out of his head as he rummaged through his satchel to pull out his sammiches. He broke it in half and offered the bigger half to her. Hungry?

Aasha wrote:As Axle mentioned his father, Aasha realized she knew very little personal information about him. Odd when she thought about it, he knew a lot about her, had even had the misfortune of running into her after Donnor left. Yet she could count on one hand what she knew. He was a good soldier, followed orders well, was a blacksmith, grew...hmmm...what did he grow? Either way, the glimpse into his personal life unnerved her. She was more comfortable thinking of him as one of her soldiers than anything else. Remembering her crying on his shoulder was not a good thing.

Aasha had looked down as she thought about things, only glancing up when she felt the weight of his gaze. Hay feels diff... Bloody hell, he was crazier than she thought. He collected hay? If it wasn't so dark in the tent, he would have easily read that she thought he was nuttier than a fruitcake. As it was, it took her a moment to compose herself and accept the hay samples he was holding out to her.

Sure enough, the loon was right. The hay did feel differently, though why anyone would care was beyond her. Aasha did manage to choke out; yer keepin' tracks o' how longs yer coll'ctin' hay? If she still believed Jah would help her, at that point she might have called out his name.

Before she could reflect further on Axle's mind, or lack thereof, he rummaged some more and pulled out food. Unfortunately, it reminded the lass that she still had a full bladder, pressing down and making itself known in the most uncomfortable way. Nae, I ain't hungry bu' umm I gots to go. At that, Aasha bolted from the tent, past the encampment to find a private place to relieve herself.

Axle5788 wrote:Soon as he pulled the sammich out, she got up and left. He frowned, and brought the sammich up to his nose to smell it. Maybe it's no good? He crumpled up the sammich and tossed it outside his tent before grabbing his satchel and carefully following her. She never told him where she went and he wasn't a mind reader. Sometimes he lost her, but he usually kept behind her. He walked parallel to her, hiding behind other tents, as she ventured around the camp looking for some kind of place or person. He didn't know... he would soon enough though.

Aasha wrote:Aasha forgot Axle the moment she fled his tent. In fact, she forgot everything, including watching her tracks like she normally did. What was second nature to her paled compared to her desperately protesting body. It didn't help that the tents were wobbling and crossing each other, or was that her eyes? Bloody hell, she muttered. She was still drunk. So maybe she hadn't passed out as long as she thought?

Once well past the camp and into a grove of trees, the girl sighed in relief. Finally...she could stop and let the dizziness and her vision catch up to her feet, and get some much needed relief. Looking around, a slow steady stream of curses slipped from Aasha's lips. Where was her damn pack?

Finishing up, she stood, wobbled a few steps, and realized she'd have to go back and ask Axle...just as soon as the trees stopped running circles around her. Grabbing onto the closest one, the girl's stomach caught up with the rest of her. Whatever the bartender had spiked the drinks with didn't like her quick drunken movements at all, and let her know it in the worst way. When her stomach was empty as well, Aasha felt weak and dizzy, and was extremely mad. I'm gonna takes tha' damn idgits 'ead off fer puttin' wha'ev'r he puts in my drinks. Sh'ulda known the damn cont'st was fixed. Sh'ulda stucks wit' my own flask the whole time. Bloody curr'sh, dogh'arted magg't-pie.

Axle5788 wrote:She wasn't moving too quick, probably because she was still drunk. He was trying to stifle his laugh as she weaved through the camp, but what he didn't notice was the branches in his path and fell forward. His hands breaking his fall, cuts and scratches on his palms. He turned onto his back, looking at his palms and feeling the sting of the injury. Sighing, he tilted his head back and caught a glimpse of Aasha disappearing into a grove of trees. I can track her from there. He had learned how to track long ago when he was a boy. He quickly got to his feet and half-ran towards the grove of trees that Aasha had entered. He heard her mutterings and walked upon her cursing the stupid bartender who would meet her wrath later. He saw that she had gotten sick, and all he could say was, hungry now? :?

Aasha wrote:Aasha stopped cursing long enough to listen. What fool was out here making all that racket? Why they'd wake the dead, or dead drunk. Glancing around, she began to stalk through the trees towards the noise when all of the sudden she heard someone ask if she was hungry now. What the...ya damn idgit, why is ya ou' here makin' all tha' noise? Ya a'mos' gots yer fool neck cut. She stomped forward, poking him in his chest, almost falling over in the process. Why is ya ou' here anyhow? Where is my pack? An' hell no I ain't hungry, has ya los' yer mind?

Axle5788 wrote:He hadn't thought he was making so much noise until she pointed it out. I was trying to be quick. She came poking at his chest, and he backed up slightly. I wanted to see if you were alright. You were stumbling around like you had at the tavern.. Didn't want to see you end up in more English hay! His stomach grumbled as she said no to eating, and his mind was definitely focused on his hunger. I'm hungry. How about we go get food for me, drinks for you?

Aasha wrote:Ya ken be quick wit’ou’ wakin’ the dead. Hell Axle, I’m feelin’…well…I was inna rush an’ I didna makes as much noise as ya did. Dun ya know we’s inna war ‘round ‘ere. If’n ya ends up dead an’ I ain’t the one killin’ ya fer actin’ likes a bumblin’ idgit, I’ll be findin’ a way ta kills ya all ov’r ‘gain. She didn’t care that she wasn’t making sense, he had found a way to irritate her, all three of him. Aasha steadied herself on the closest tree again, waiting for the world to stop spinning around her before trying to walk.

I’m jus’ fine
; she snapped, though she was anything but. Damn Engl’sh hay, bloody dog-ear’d gutt’rsn’pe bart’nd’r. Her stomach wasn’t fully settled when Axle decided to mention food and drinks again. Had he lost his…never mind, she already answered that too. He needed to be quiet and let the pounding in her head dissipate, but nooo…he had to keep on yapping. Just the thought had her now empty stomach flip-flopping around uncomfortably.

Jewelintheskull wrote:Jewel hears a lot of talking.

He lifts his head and opens one eye as best he can.

Looks around the place....He was sure Emmer was here when he had closed his eyes.

He gulps down a beer, chases it with a swig from his whisky bottle....and closes his eye again.

_________________

Why have a Knight in shining armor when you can have a Viking in bloody chainmail?
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Posts : 1074
Join date : 2008-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drinking Contest

Post  Tasite on Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:28 pm

Todryangle wrote:Tod wanders in

Well better late than never, barkeep keep that one arm moving

Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

5 + 4 + 3 = 12

Emmerscab wrote:Emmerscab walks up for his second drink, and knocks it back quickly

6 + 4 + 6 = 16

Just getting started...

The Bar Man, played by Emmerscab wrote:well, from the first round we had...

Layne;
Happyherder;
Rain_;
Funn;
Myxti;
Tasite;
Pirokiller;
Kieran88; and
Narvia.

and they have been joined by:

Aasha;
Obli; and
Todryangle

Apologies young mistress alessandra, I thought Iubar had answered your question, if you and the man having his own drinking contest want to join in , you can ghet three drinks in quickly and join the next round. And watch the juice here it goes straight to your head.

after eliminations, through to the 3rd round, we have

Rain_
Keiran88
PiroKiller
Tasite
Happyherder
Aasha
Obli
Todryangle
Emmerscab

Layne, I'll give you a little motre time to have your second, Obli and tod, you need your second round go too, so please catch up

I'll start the third round now, so we aren't waiting, if you are behind, please make sure you get up to the third round

target is 12, happy drinking

Pirokiller wrote:Piro comes to his third round right from Cumber's University. Being Rector he spend all day with intellectual books, ancient scrolls, maps and philosophic tractates. Of course after that he is already dozed, hardly can walk straight line and his breath smells whiskey.

He takes another portion of booze and after drinking it happily curls into the ball under the table.

5 + 2 + 2 = 9

Kieran88 wrote:Kieran feeling rather sick from the other rounds, Kieran slouches on the bar, Head in his arms,'Beer please.....' he muffles in an unethueastic voice.

As the beer touches his lips Kieran let out a little gag, as the beer struggled to go down his throat his stomach let out a churn.
Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

1 + 4 + 1 = 6

Falling to the floor, he starts to be sick, 'no more!, please no moreeeee'

Rain_ wrote:Rain begins to wonder what is going on exactly. Six drinks, she should be feeling something by now. Perhaps she's been lucky and gotten drinks with no alcohol in them? Well...lucky for the sake of the contest anyway. Being served beer without any alcohol in it might just be a killing offense some places. She downs her next drinks one after the other, and it isn't til the last one she notices something isn't quite right. She raises her eyes from the empty glasses to look at the bartender and it takes a little while for her brain to catch up to her eyes (or so it seems to her). The sensation is one of vertigo, and she grabs the edge of the bar, wobbling in her seat. By the grace of Jah or sheer dumb luck, she manages to stay upright.

If only just.


Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

4 + 5 + 4 = 13

Todryangle wrote:Tod grabs another round from the one armed bar keep

4 + 3 + 5 = 12

Slams it down,

Aye laddies looks like Imm still standin

Todryangle wrote:Well seeing Im here I may as well have round 3.

Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

2 + 6 + 5 = 13


Ouch laddie two so close almost had me on the floor.

Sits back to watch the others

Aasha wrote:Aasha got good and comfortable leaning on Obli, checked to make sure Tasite hadn't passed out on the bar yet, then reached for the remainder of the bottle of brandy. She'd put quite a dent in it already, at the rate she was going she'd be finished with it before the contest was over. Now Aasha had been drunk on many different types of alcohol, ale, cider, whiskey, shroom juice, even the rum Athorgate used to swear by, but never by Obli's brandy. This was so not a good idea, getting wasted before finding out how it affected her, but Aasha braved it. Tiny or not, she could hold her own, and loved to prove it. Yer gettin' behind Obli...o' is ya jus' watchin' sos ya ken carry me ou' lat'r?; she whispered teasingly, before steadily making her way through the shots she'd lined up so carefully.

Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

2 + 6 + 4 = 12

Now a smart person knows not to do more than you have to, and although not book smart, Aasha was street smart enough to stop at the twelve needed for the round. The room was settling in at a nice hazy spin, perfect. Not too drunk yet...unlike the poor Engli...wait? She knew that face. Wasn't he the one she tried to drag? Yep, he was. Aasha laughed. He was too drunk to notice if Tasite got naked again this time. Poor drunken sod had even lost his cookies, well before eating any.

Tasite wrote:*HIPS* Aashaaaaa *HIPS* how are you hun *HIPS... Bartender another round for me and some for my beautiful niece here... when did you get here hun? *HIPS* me Pe'ked never I'm just getting started. You know I'm thinking Kieran can't hold his ale; she said as she watched him fall to the floor sick. Trying not to giggle; Kieran do you need help up *HIPS*

Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

5 + 5 + 2 = 12

The Bar Man, played by Emmerscab wrote:"Well, we've lost Pirokiller and Keiran88 and Todryangle, Rain_, Aasha and Tasite are through, leaving me waiting for Happyherder, Obli and Emmerscab."

I reckon we give them 24 more hours to join in again, then we move onto our fourth drinks.

Emmerscab wrote:Ememrscab strolls up to the bar, ready for his third drink, inwardly laughing at those who have already fallen.

he grasps the nearest tankard, and knocks it back

only, is that ale...

it has a certain, something to the taste, somethign you definately shouldn;t be drinking.

He runs out to the privy, spitting an unknown liquid out as he goes

2 + 4 + 3 = 9

The Bar Man, played by Emmerscab wrote:wEll, it looks like we've lost another, and two more seem to have had so much they can't even come back for another drink.

i decalre round 4 open, with a target of 13

still in we have our plucky 4

Todryangle, Rain_, Aasha and Tasite

good luck to you all

Aasha wrote:Even with less than ideal vision, Aasha could tell something had gotten to Obli. He hadn't accidentally drunk any of that infernal turnip ale the English were trying to pass off as spirits were they? Squinting her eyes, her head lolled back towards him to check. Y'a'righths Obli? Ain't fallin' down ish ya? I ain't wantin' to fallsh withhh ya. Damn, her words were sounding funny, not a good sign when there were still a few left in the contest.

Alright, so maybe she wasn't so bad. Tasite had just now noticed she was here, so her vision was much worse. So was her speech, and she had the hiccups. Tempted to scare them out of the woman, she smiled mischievously, then decided to just have another drink or three, or ten.

Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

4 + 1 + 5 = 10

Wha' washh the goal 'gain?
The room began spinning a little too quickly before she could find out. Clutching her head to make it stop, she toppled half off the stool. I thin's I'm needin a privvyyy, doeth ya know wher...ah, I'll find i'... Tottering off, Aasha managed to make it to a door, although it was the wrong one. She neither knew nor cared at that point, stars were spinning even faster than the bar. Making a mistake and looking up, Aasha fell to the ground, right into a convenient bale of hay. The familiar odor soothed her too much, and the lass proceeded to pass out.

Tasite wrote:Tas watched has someone sent the bartender to pour her more drinks. Giving a somewhat of a smile she spoke.. I doo believe u r trying to get me drink... drunk*hips* Keep em coming, I can hold my ale with the best of em. *hips*

Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

5 + 6 + 5 = 16


Tas took a drink not knowing how many there have been when she sees Aasha staggering to the door.

Todryangle wrote:Tod them after finishing a ale then grabs the one left behind by the Barman, thinking it to a good free drink.

Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

4 + 2 + 4 = 10

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH me drinks been spiked currsed english, as he dashes for the door

Axle5788 wrote:
Aasha wrote:Even with less than ideal vision, Aasha could tell something had gotten to Obli. He hadn't accidentally drunk any of that infernal turnip ale the English were trying to pass off as spirits were they? Squinting her eyes, her head lolled back towards him to check. Y'a'righths Obli? Ain't fallin' down ish ya? I ain't wantin' to fallsh withhh ya. Damn, her words were sounding funny, not a good sign when there were still a few left in the contest.

Alright, so maybe she wasn't so bad. Tasite had just now noticed she was here, so her vision was much worse. So was her speech, and she had the hiccups. Tempted to scare them out of the woman, she smiled mischievously, then decided to just have another drink or three, or ten.

Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

4 + 1 + 5 = 10

Wha' washh the goal 'gain?
The room began spinning a little too quickly before she could find out. Clutching her head to make it stop, she toppled half off the stool. I thin's I'm needin a privvyyy, doeth ya know wher...ah, I'll find i'... Tottering off, Aasha managed to make it to a door, although it was the wrong one. She neither knew nor cared at that point, stars were spinning even faster than the bar. Making a mistake and looking up, Aasha fell to the ground, right into a convenient bale of hay. The familiar odor soothed her too much, and the lass proceeded to pass out.

He wasn't involved in the contest but he sure was watching Aasha. He was her stalker after all. When she fell into the hay, his eyes opened wide. Shocked She was usually good at holding her drink. He would know since he watched her so much. He snuck towards the hay, looking side to side before kneeling next to her. He shook her, but didn't hear any sign of her typical response to him "Get off me. Don't touch me! I will break your hand if you do that again". He was used to all that from her, but nothing.. not a peep. :? A worried look crossed his face and he didn't want her to stay here all night, so he picked her up onto his shoulder. He carried her away towards his tent since he didn't want to put her with Obli.

He wasn't jealous of Obli really. In fact, he was proud of his status as her stalker even though she didn't really take very much notice of him and sometimes even forgot to feed him. It made him stronger though. Stalkers had to be resourceful and now in times of war, it would really pay off. He knew that others would come and go.. but a stalker, lasts forever.

Kieran88 wrote:Pulling himself up from the floor, he held onto the chairs, slowly lifting himself up and leaning on the bar, slowly moving his head to the side he notices Tas, still drinking. Smiling to himself he shuffles across to her.

'Hey tassssss, its so good to see you....*hip*, how are..how...how are...how are youuuuuu doing? *hip*you still in the contest?, im out me, im out,, im rubbish, im out..', kieran felt funny next to tas, funny in a good way, like a flutter in his chest, ' i know we havent spent alot of time together tas...*hip*..but iv enjoyed your companyyyyyy...i always do..i love been around you..and hope..hopefully be able to spend some more time with you...*hips* if youll let me..'

Throwing his arm round her, he leans slighty into her. Taking a few deep breaths...

'ya know tas, *hip*, there is something iv been wanting to...to...to....tell you for a longggggggg time *hip*, but..but iv been to shy to say anything all this time,*hips* i maybe a liittttllle inccy wincy bit drunk, but i feel more confident to be able to tell you this, *hips*,.....................*hips*................................*hips*........... Tas........, i really really realllllllly reallly rrreeeaaaaalllly ............*hips* like you', Letting out a small grin Kieran falls to the floor once again.

Aasha wrote:Vague impressions entered her foggy mind. Hanging upside down, being jostled, her face bouncing against someone's backside. Backside? No, not Obli's...why... It slipped out of her mind before the thought fully formed. None of it entered her consciousness enough for her to wake, Aasha simply sighed and passed back out.

Some time later, Aasha woke with a start. The smell of hay that she could have sworn surrounded her when she went to sleep was gone, it was pitch black outside…or was she inside? Wait, where the hell was she? Aasha blinked and sat up, a dagger reflexively slipping into her hand. While she waited for her eyes to adjust to the dark, she let other senses take over.

The girl took a deep breath, letting the familiar smells of a tent and…wait…tent was right, but this was not her tent. There was someone else here, she could hear them breathing, but it damn sure wasn’t Obli. Just one person? The girl listened closely, but could only hear one person breathing in the tent with her. If it wasn't Obli, and it wasn't or she would have been closer...why was the scent familiar?

Aasha wracked her brain, trying to remember exactly what had happened. She had joined a drinking contest, had way too much to drink, mixing some type of English rotgut with her brandy. The last thing she remembered was having to empty her bladder…hmmm…seems like she hadn’t done that, she still had to pee…so how had she gotten from the tavern to wherever the hell here was? Had she...hells bells, she had passed out. Just what had they spiked her drinks with?

The girl looked towards the sleeping form, her dagger at the ready just in case. What idiot carried her off and fell asleep? Someone with a death wish? Even from here she could hit quite well, enough to do major damage if she wanted. Keeping the vague form in her line of sight, she demanded; Ya wanna tells me where the hells I am an’ why I ain’t where I’m ‘posed to be? Her stomach rolled, her bladder protesting the waiting. Answers first, relief later she promised herself.

degas wrote:What I see here is nothing but a bunch of light weight amateurs. Takes his bottle of Usquebach and slowly puts it to his lips...and starts to let it pour down his throat,,,mmm,,,, good. Begone, you pecks. Go back to the bush leagues!

Tasite wrote:Tas was about to take another drink when she hear Kier talking. "Hey tassssss, its so good to see you....*hip*, how are..how...how are...how are youuuuuu doing? *hip*you still in the contest?, im out me, im out,, im rubbish, im out." Tas giggled as she watched him. Kier you are too cute as she reached out to steady him. "i know we havent spent alot of time together tas...*hip*..but iv enjoyed your companyyyyyy...i always do..i love been around you..and hope..hopefully be able to spend some more time with you...*hips* if youll let me..' Smiling Tas was at a loss for words. I would love to spend more time with you Kier the question is will you remember this in the morning?

Feeling his arm around her she smiled even more.

"ya know tas, *hip*, there is something iv been wanting to...to...to....tell you for a longggggggg time *hip*, but..but iv been to shy to say anything all this time,*hips* i maybe a liittttllle inccy wincy bit drunk, but i feel more confident to be able to tell you this, *hips*,.....................*hips*................................*hips*........... Tas........, i really really realllllllly reallly rrreeeaaaaalllly ............*hips* like you." Smiling she was about to speak when Kier fell to the floor. Aww, poooor baby fall down go boom. Tas did her best to call over one of her guards. Get him a roooom and make sure he comfyyy pleasssssse. She wasn't sure but it sounded like she was slurring her words. As the guard picked him up Tas said wwwwait. Touching Kier's face she spoke. I know you're not going to remember this... but I'm going to say it anyway. I realllllly like you too; then armed with liquid bravery, she kissed his check softly. Ok take him to the room.

Axle5788 wrote:
Aasha wrote:Vague impressions entered her foggy mind. Hanging upside down, being jostled, her face bouncing against someone's backside. Backside? No, not Obli's...why... It slipped out of her mind before the thought fully formed. None of it entered her consciousness enough for her to wake, Aasha simply sighed and passed back out.

Some time later, Aasha woke with a start. The smell of hay that she could have sworn surrounded her when she went to sleep was gone, it was pitch black outside…or was she inside? Wait, where the hell was she? Aasha blinked and sat up, a dagger reflexively slipping into her hand. While she waited for her eyes to adjust to the dark, she let other senses take over.

The girl took a deep breath, letting the familiar smells of a tent and…wait…tent was right, but this was not her tent. There was someone else here, she could hear them breathing, but it damn sure wasn’t Obli. Just one person? The girl listened closely, but could only hear one person breathing in the tent with her. If it wasn't Obli, and it wasn't or she would have been closer...why was the scent familiar?

Aasha wracked her brain, trying to remember exactly what had happened. She had joined a drinking contest, had way too much to drink, mixing some type of English rotgut with her brandy. The last thing she remembered was having to empty her bladder…hmmm…seems like she hadn’t done that, she still had to pee…so how had she gotten from the tavern to wherever the hell here was? Had she...hells bells, she had passed out. Just what had they spiked her drinks with?

The girl looked towards the sleeping form, her dagger at the ready just in case. What idiot carried her off and fell asleep? Someone with a death wish? Even from here she could hit quite well, enough to do major damage if she wanted. Keeping the vague form in her line of sight, she demanded; Ya wanna tells me where the hells I am an’ why I ain’t where I’m ‘posed to be? Her stomach rolled, her bladder protesting the waiting. Answers first, relief later she promised herself.

He was sound asleep. Well as much as any stalker could sleep when the obsession of desire was in the same room. Razz Was it desire? He didn't know. He just had an urge to follow her. All the time. Even to the lake when she bathed. Oh yes, he liked those times...

His mind was finding peaceful thoughts when he was startled by her voice. He didn't want to turn around because he knew she was mad. He had followed her long enough to know.. yes, she was pissed. Angry. Livid. Whats another word meaning really, really, really angry? Well, whatever it is, that is what she was at this very moment. All he could do was answer: Where you s'posed to be? He wasn't playing stupid. He just really didn't know. Though he knew that she wasn't supposed to be HERE.

Aasha wrote:Ahh hell, he did have a death wish. Aasha knew it as soon as she heard his voice. The boy really needed to think before he carted her off anywhere, hadn't he already gotten the stuffing beat out of him the last time he tried to 'help' her? Where'm I 'posed to be? She was stuttering, outrage dripping from every syllable. Ya wants to tells me where inna blue blazes I am 'fore I throws this dagg'r a' ya?

Axle5788 wrote:
Aasha wrote:Ahh hell, he did have a death wish. Aasha knew it as soon as she heard his voice. The boy really needed to think before he carted her off anywhere, hadn't he already gotten the stuffing beat out of him the last time he tried to 'help' her? Where'm I 'posed to be? She was stuttering, outrage dripping from every syllable. Ya wants to tells me where inna blue blazes I am 'fore I throws this dagg'r a' ya?

Where was she supposed to be? Isn't that what he just asked her? He thought she knew. He sure as hell didn't know. She'd beaten him before on several occasions when he responded in a smart tone, though he didn't really know what that meant. He stayed as still as possible, but answered her in what he thought she wanted to know. I found you in hay.. tried to wake you, but you just grumbled. He didn't mention where he poked her to try to wake her. I tried to wake you again by shaking you the next time, and still.. *grumble, grumble*. I thought you wanted to sleep, so I brought ya here. This is a nice sleeping place, see? Warm, near that tent and quiet - he pointed to her tent - not like that one with lights on.

Aasha wrote:He was lucky she couldn't see his face, or the dagger she held clutched in her hand would have flown. Aasha hadn't taken her eyes off the shadowy form, not even when her body protested, reminding her that she still had not done anything about the extra alcohol she'd consumed. She did notice that he was not moving a muscle. - Good, he's showing a little sense finally. Probably scared of you girl, just as he should be. Bringing me to who knows where for who the hell knows what reason! -

Aasha listened to him say where he'd found her, and even of trying to wake her. Puzzled, she searched through the blank spot in her memory, trying to fit it with the vague images she could remember of earlier. Nothing, she could recall the scent of hay, but not why...nothing of him poking, nudging or otherwise trying to revive her. A nice sleepin' place? Aye, it be warm 'nuff...near the te... Aasha stuttered to a stop and peered outside the opening of the tent. Hells bells, he'd brought her to his tent when hers was but a few steps away? And why was hers lit from within? Wha' the hell did they mix wit' my damn drinks? I dun pass ou' likes tha'. Hopes ya socked the damn bart'nd inna nose!

Axle5788 wrote:They was mixing lots of stuffs in your drinks, he finally sat up and was nodding as if he knew what he was saying was a matter of fact. Yes, lots of stuffs. I was outside the window and I could see, but you just kept drinking. You must have been thirsty or something. You didn't care what they put in front of you, but you sure did drink it all. He went to the opening of his tent, and pulled back one of the sides so they could see the other tents in the area then went back to his bed. Her tent was only some feet away, and he had the perfect view. He'd watched her change in there many many times while they'd been waiting on some action in the battles. A smile crept across his lips remembering such wonderful memories. Oh! The bartender.. no, I didn't sock him. I was worried the hay would stuff up your nose that you would stop breathing so I brought you here.
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Posts : 921
Join date : 2009-12-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drinking Contest

Post  Tasite on Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:55 pm

Aasha wrote:Aasha listened to him speak, a frown forming upon her face. Axle, why was ya ou'side the tav'rn lookin' inna wind'w 'stead o' comin' in an havin' a drink? We was havin 'a drinkin' cont'st... Her voice trailed off, the frown deepening. Was the bartender deliberately mixing things into her drink so she would lose the contest?

She was startled by him stating so seriously that she must have been thirsty. Giggling, she shook her head. Ken nae be lettin' som'one else win a' drinkin' mor'n me, though I'm guessin' if'n I passed ou', I didna win.

A little light came in once the tent flap was pulled back, the sounds of their encampment a comforting presence. Even this late at night, she could hear the low murmur of voices outside, all friendly. There was no danger here. She had to admit, passing out in the vicinity of the tavern was a bad idea, there was danger there, so he had done good to bring her back to their camp. But why had he done so and not Obli. And where was Obli? Aasha glanced over just as Axle smiled. She was curious, but did not ask. She wasn't sure she wanted to know, it was probably something else embarrassing with her luck. Why was it that every time something out of the ordinary happened to her lately Axle appeared?

The girl blinked, then blinked again. Hay stuffed up my nose? I dun bury my head inna hay...ya sh'ulda socked 'im in 'is nose, stead o' worryin' 'bout mine. I ain't nev'r stopped breathin' 'fore, an' I slept inna hay lots in my lifes ya knows.

Axle5788 wrote:I don't drink, he said. Lots of drinking made people act stupid and silly, sometimes made people angry and mean. He didn't want to act in any of those ways. Especially not lots and lots and lots and lots.... he paused for a second, then continued.. and lots and lots and lots like you did. He looked out towards her tent, seeing others walk past his tent. He stuck his head out to follow the steps, but nothing was going on so back into the tent he went and sat down again. Don't know if you won.. but it looked like you drank the most out of everybody. You were the only one who stumbled out of the tavern. Some didn't make it past the door.

He tilted his head to listen to her logic, but he knew better. He had been following her for the better part of almost eighteen months... ok, maybe not that long, but it was a long time. You haven't slept in hay in at least seven months, a few weeks, and some days... And English hay could be different then Scottish or Irish hay. You don't know if it would stuff your nose up or not! He knew the exact amount of time, but he stopped since she didn't really care.

Aasha wrote:Ya dun drink? Nae 'tall? Aasha looked at Axle like he had grown two heads. The only people she knew who didn't drink at all were spawn, and he wasn't an overgrown spawn...was he? Hells bells, the last thing they needed in their army was an overgrown child still wet behind the ears. Or worse, one still looking for his mum to feed him. Wait...he couldn't be that young, he'd been in every army she had ever been in or lead, and she had never seen a mum-like person around.

Well yah, the point o' a drinkin' cont'st is to see if'n ya ken drinks mor'n the oth'rs wha' ent'red the cont'st. If'n I dun drinks lots, I'd be losin' fast'r...an' I dun likes to lose. She saw him stick his head out the tent door and frowned. Was he nervous? Why? Oh, she still had the dagger drawn, was he really afraid she'd stab him now? Aasha laughed softly, if she was going to stab him she would have already. Although that was a reminder, never pull a dagger if you don't intend to use it, and since she wasn't going to use it on him...for now anyway...she went ahead and put it away.

Aasha started to ask who hadn't made it out the door when he mentioned hay. The girl's eyes widened. An' how wo'ld ya be knowin' how oft'n I sleeps inna hay...Engl'sh hay is diff'ren' than Scott'sh o' Irish hay? How didya fig're tha'? He really was daft, had he been hit on the head too hard lately. Aasha tried to think past the murky drinking contest to before, he was usually close to her when the fought, and she couldn't remember any head blows, but she couldn't always protect the fool when she was fighting herself. That had to be it, some English idgit had hit him with a broadsword or something. She'd need to have someone check him out...but other than cutting off his fool head, she wasn't sure there was a cure for addled brains. Hay is hay, ain't no diff'ren' here than anywhere else, an' I slept in Engl'sh hay long 'fore I ev'r moved to Ireland o' came to Scotland.

Axle5788 wrote:Drinking does funny things to people. It made my father angry and... His voice trailed off, and didn't want to talk about it. He never talked to anyone about it before and wasn't going to start now. Aasha wouldn't care anyways. She was always in a rush to do things and he was always one step behind.. Ok, maybe more then a few. If she saw him, she'd have his head so he had to be incognito when stalking.

He looked back to Aasha as she was lecturing him about the hay being the same no matter where they were. No, he corrected her and then winced knowing she hated that. Hay feels different. Look. He took his satchel out and pulled out pieces of hay he'd collected from the times she'd fallen or passed out in hay in all three countries. This is Irish hay. More tough, like the warriors they train. He grinned, then pulled out the Scottish one. This one is more grainy, not as tough. And English hay is easy to, he snapped the hay quickly, snap if wanted. I only know the differences in hay since the last, he paused to calculate the amount of time he'd been collecting items she'd touched, probably the last seven months, two weeks, three days, and four hours now...

His stomach was growling. He hadn't finished his sammich since she had decided to venture out of the tavern early. She usually lasted a lot longer, but maybe she was right and that bartender messed with her drinks. He growled thinking about the bartender, swearing revenge on hurting her. That thought flitted out of his head as he rummaged through his satchel to pull out his sammiches. He broke it in half and offered the bigger half to her. Hungry?

Aasha wrote:As Axle mentioned his father, Aasha realized she knew very little personal information about him. Odd when she thought about it, he knew a lot about her, had even had the misfortune of running into her after Donnor left. Yet she could count on one hand what she knew. He was a good soldier, followed orders well, was a blacksmith, grew...hmmm...what did he grow? Either way, the glimpse into his personal life unnerved her. She was more comfortable thinking of him as one of her soldiers than anything else. Remembering her crying on his shoulder was not a good thing.

Aasha had looked down as she thought about things, only glancing up when she felt the weight of his gaze. Hay feels diff... Bloody hell, he was crazier than she thought. He collected hay? If it wasn't so dark in the tent, he would have easily read that she thought he was nuttier than a fruitcake. As it was, it took her a moment to compose herself and accept the hay samples he was holding out to her.

Sure enough, the loon was right. The hay did feel differently, though why anyone would care was beyond her. Aasha did manage to choke out; yer keepin' tracks o' how longs yer coll'ctin' hay? If she still believed Jah would help her, at that point she might have called out his name.

Before she could reflect further on Axle's mind, or lack thereof, he rummaged some more and pulled out food. Unfortunately, it reminded the lass that she still had a full bladder, pressing down and making itself known in the most uncomfortable way. Nae, I ain't hungry bu' umm I gots to go. At that, Aasha bolted from the tent, past the encampment to find a private place to relieve herself.

Axle5788 wrote:Soon as he pulled the sammich out, she got up and left. He frowned, and brought the sammich up to his nose to smell it. Maybe it's no good? He crumpled up the sammich and tossed it outside his tent before grabbing his satchel and carefully following her. She never told him where she went and he wasn't a mind reader. Sometimes he lost her, but he usually kept behind her. He walked parallel to her, hiding behind other tents, as she ventured around the camp looking for some kind of place or person. He didn't know... he would soon enough though.

Aasha wrote:Aasha forgot Axle the moment she fled his tent. In fact, she forgot everything, including watching her tracks like she normally did. What was second nature to her paled compared to her desperately protesting body. It didn't help that the tents were wobbling and crossing each other, or was that her eyes? Bloody hell, she muttered. She was still drunk. So maybe she hadn't passed out as long as she thought?

Once well past the camp and into a grove of trees, the girl sighed in relief. Finally...she could stop and let the dizziness and her vision catch up to her feet, and get some much needed relief. Looking around, a slow steady stream of curses slipped from Aasha's lips. Where was her damn pack?

Finishing up, she stood, wobbled a few steps, and realized she'd have to go back and ask Axle...just as soon as the trees stopped running circles around her. Grabbing onto the closest one, the girl's stomach caught up with the rest of her. Whatever the bartender had spiked the drinks with didn't like her quick drunken movements at all, and let her know it in the worst way. When her stomach was empty as well, Aasha felt weak and dizzy, and was extremely mad. I'm gonna takes tha' damn idgits 'ead off fer puttin' wha'ev'r he puts in my drinks. Sh'ulda known the damn cont'st was fixed. Sh'ulda stucks wit' my own flask the whole time. Bloody curr'sh, dogh'arted magg't-pie.

Axle5788 wrote:She wasn't moving too quick, probably because she was still drunk. He was trying to stifle his laugh as she weaved through the camp, but what he didn't notice was the branches in his path and fell forward. His hands breaking his fall, cuts and scratches on his palms. He turned onto his back, looking at his palms and feeling the sting of the injury. Sighing, he tilted his head back and caught a glimpse of Aasha disappearing into a grove of trees. I can track her from there. He had learned how to track long ago when he was a boy. He quickly got to his feet and half-ran towards the grove of trees that Aasha had entered. He heard her mutterings and walked upon her cursing the stupid bartender who would meet her wrath later. He saw that she had gotten sick, and all he could say was, hungry now? :?

Aasha wrote:Aasha stopped cursing long enough to listen. What fool was out here making all that racket? Why they'd wake the dead, or dead drunk. Glancing around, she began to stalk through the trees towards the noise when all of the sudden she heard someone ask if she was hungry now. What the...ya damn idgit, why is ya ou' here makin' all tha' noise? Ya a'mos' gots yer fool neck cut. She stomped forward, poking him in his chest, almost falling over in the process. Why is ya ou' here anyhow? Where is my pack? An' hell no I ain't hungry, has ya los' yer mind?

Axle5788 wrote:He hadn't thought he was making so much noise until she pointed it out. I was trying to be quick. She came poking at his chest, and he backed up slightly. I wanted to see if you were alright. You were stumbling around like you had at the tavern.. Didn't want to see you end up in more English hay! His stomach grumbled as she said no to eating, and his mind was definitely focused on his hunger. I'm hungry. How about we go get food for me, drinks for you?

Aasha wrote:Ya ken be quick wit’ou’ wakin’ the dead. Hell Axle, I’m feelin’…well…I was inna rush an’ I didna makes as much noise as ya did. Dun ya know we’s inna war ‘round ‘ere. If’n ya ends up dead an’ I ain’t the one killin’ ya fer actin’ likes a bumblin’ idgit, I’ll be findin’ a way ta kills ya all ov’r ‘gain. She didn’t care that she wasn’t making sense, he had found a way to irritate her, all three of him. Aasha steadied herself on the closest tree again, waiting for the world to stop spinning around her before trying to walk.

I’m jus’ fine
; she snapped, though she was anything but. Damn Engl’sh hay, bloody dog-ear’d gutt’rsn’pe bart’nd’r. Her stomach wasn’t fully settled when Axle decided to mention food and drinks again. Had he lost his…never mind, she already answered that too. He needed to be quiet and let the pounding in her head dissipate, but nooo…he had to keep on yapping. Just the thought had her now empty stomach flip-flopping around uncomfortably.

Jewelintheskull wrote:Jewel hears a lot of talking.

He lifts his head and opens one eye as best he can.

Looks around the place....He was sure Emmer was here when he had closed his eyes.

He gulps down a beer, chases it with a swig from his whisky bottle....and closes his eye again.

Axle5788 wrote:
Aasha wrote:Ya ken be quick wit’ou’ wakin’ the dead. Hell Axle, I’m feelin’…well…I was inna rush an’ I didna makes as much noise as ya did. Dun ya know we’s inna war ‘round ‘ere. If’n ya ends up dead an’ I ain’t the one killin’ ya fer actin’ likes a bumblin’ idgit, I’ll be findin’ a way ta kills ya all ov’r ‘gain. She didn’t care that she wasn’t making sense, he had found a way to irritate her, all three of him. Aasha steadied herself on the closest tree again, waiting for the world to stop spinning around her before trying to walk.

I’m jus’ fine
; she snapped, though she was anything but. Damn Engl’sh hay, bloody dog-ear’d gutt’rsn’pe bart’nd’r. Her stomach wasn’t fully settled when Axle decided to mention food and drinks again. Had he lost his…never mind, she already answered that too. He needed to be quiet and let the pounding in her head dissipate, but nooo…he had to keep on yapping. Just the thought had her now empty stomach flip-flopping around uncomfortably.

He brought a hand up to scratch his head. He didn't understand what she was saying. How can she kill him, if he is already dead? And why would she kill him doubly dead? He was going to ask her, but he saw she was looking at him as if the rest of the contents of her stomach were about to come out. :? She steadied herself on the tree, and he came to her side, lifting her arm to his shoulder so she could lean on him. I can help you back... Your pack is in my tent. We need to go that way anyways. And I can make sure you don't fall in anymore hay.

Aasha wrote:Aasha watched him warily as he approached. What was he up to this time? She wasn't passed out, and he was getting awfully close. He also looked very confused, but that was a normal look for him, nothing to worry about.

Aasha almost fell over when he touched her. Instinctively, her fist doubled and she punched one of him as hard as she could. Wha' are ya...helps me back? I dun...bloody hell! Her balance, already off from the lingering effects of the alcohol and being sick, failed completely and down she went, right into him. The entire time she fell, she cursed; Damn idgit touchin' me. Help, bah! I dun needs help! Ain't no damn hay 'round 'ere. Mangy dog-ear'd bart'nd'r messin'wit' my drinks. Is all 'is fa'lt. One o' ya holds still or yer gonna makes me fall 'gain likes ya a'ready did!

Axle5788 wrote:She swung at him, and at the same time was starting to fall. He reached out to catch her thinking she was falling back but she came forward into his chest. Instinctively, he wrapped his arms around her but in a manner that he wasn't really touching her just catching her. Well.. if you know Aasha, you would know she doesn't like to be touched. He'd learned that back in Ireland when he held her for the first time in his stalking of her. Oh what a great day that was.... Even though he remembered that she punched and bruised his chest after. But that didn't matter. It's what she needed at the time, and maybe what she needed now even if she didn't know it.

Not touching you, I swears. She kept ranting, and he knew better than to interrupt her. He lifted her up to her feet and tried to reason with her. Don't you need your pack? He told her hoping she would forget that he'd followed her.

Aasha wrote:Aasha was beyond rational thought. Being sick, drunk and off balance were not a good combination for her. Asking for or admitting she needed help was just not in her nature. Axle catching her did not help. Of course, landing on her backside on the hard unforgiving ground would not have helped either. What he got for his efforts to help was her muttering and cursing more. Stops movin’ dammit, all three o’ ya is makin’ me dizzy! Nae touchin’ me? Then gets yer fool hands off’n me an’ lets me walks a’re’dy. Bloody English git, wait till I gets my dagg’r in ‘im, bets he won’t be puttin’ nothin’ inna person’s drink nom’re then.

She didn’t even notice when she reached out to steady herself against his chest, she was too busy cursing the bartender for getting her into this predicament to begin with. Aasha began to wobble back to his tent, leaving him to follow. Aye, I needs my pack. Jus’ dun needs ya helpin’ me walks. I gots two feet an’ knows how to use ‘em. Dun ya? O’ is ya needin’ help walkin’ now? Maybe ya does, seein’ as how there’s three o’ ya still. If’n there was only one o’ ya likes there’s ‘posed to be, ya w’uldna be trippin’ folk an’ makin’ ‘em fall, an’ ya’d be walkin’ jus’ fine.

Axle5788 wrote:He was getting nowhere with her fast. She was yelling at him (well, he was used to that part) but she was also swinging at him (well, he was used to that part too..) and then she pushed herself back from him. His hands went to her biceps and he held her firmly so she could regain her balance. Stop wobbling, he said. As he let her go and she started her walk back to camp. The wobbling didn't stop.. not at all. And usually, he would allow a significant lead before stalking.. err.. following her, but she already knew he was here and they were headed the same direction. His usual routine was to follow three steps behind but he didn't know he would get to her in time if she fell again, so he walked next to her all the way back to camp. His eyes cast down at the ground while walking, and sometimes rising to watch her.

Aasha wrote:The girl barely noticed him helping to steady her, she was too wrapped up in her own misery. Her empty stomach was protesting, whether it was from being empty, or from the abuse she had put it through in the last few hours, she wasn't sure. She just knew she was feeling very ill. Normally being drunk didn't affect her so profoundly, Aasha was truly mad at the bartender and the idea that he spiked her drinks with anything. It was just a contest, it shouldn't have been important enough to feel that you had to cheat to even the odds for anyone.

Aasha looked up at him and frowned. I ain't wobblin' damm't. Only one o' me, three o' ya an' I'm wobblin'? Damn idgit is daf' as the English. Hell, maybe worse, they'd be smar' 'nuff to leaves me the hell 'lone. Nae 'im, he's gotta tells me I'm wobblin' an' all. The last half said under her breath.

She was happy when he stopped talking, it gave her poor head a break. The hammering in there was giving her a horrible headache. Without thinking, her footsteps drew her to her own tent, which still lay in darkness. Even through her foggy brain, she could remember that Obli had shown up at the tavern at some point. Had he passed out as well? She just couldn't remember, and wasn't sure she wanted to ask Axle...damn, Axle. Wrong tent, her pack was in his. Sighing, she turned towards his, easy enough when it was so close to her own. She had misjudged how close he was though, when had he gotten beside her? Wasn't he behind her? and turned right into him, stopping her in her tracks and upsetting her already precarious balance all over again.

Axle5788 wrote:
Aasha wrote:The girl barely noticed him helping to steady her, she was too wrapped up in her own misery. Her empty stomach was protesting, whether it was from being empty, or from the abuse she had put it through in the last few hours, she wasn't sure. She just knew she was feeling very ill. Normally being drunk didn't affect her so profoundly, Aasha was truly mad at the bartender and the idea that he spiked her drinks with anything. It was just a contest, it shouldn't have been important enough to feel that you had to cheat to even the odds for anyone.

Aasha looked up at him and frowned. I ain't wobblin' damm't. Only one o' me, three o' ya an' I'm wobblin'? Damn idgit is daf' as the English. Hell, maybe worse, they'd be smar' 'nuff to leaves me the hell 'lone. Nae 'im, he's gotta tells me I'm wobblin' an' all. The last half said under her breath.

She was happy when he stopped talking, it gave her poor head a break. The hammering in there was giving her a horrible headache. Without thinking, her footsteps drew her to her own tent, which still lay in darkness. Even through her foggy brain, she could remember that Obli had shown up at the tavern at some point. Had he passed out as well? She just couldn't remember, and wasn't sure she wanted to ask Axle...damn, Axle. Wrong tent, her pack was in his. Sighing, she turned towards his, easy enough when it was so close to her own. She had misjudged how close he was though, when had he gotten beside her? Wasn't he behind her? and turned right into him, stopping her in her tracks and upsetting her already precarious balance all over again.

She started to wobble again when she turned into him. His hands came up his chest. If she fell into him, he wasn't touching her, she would be touching him. For a fleeting moment he wondered if he should yell at her about touching him. Would she be surprised? He suppressed a laugh just thinking about it, and just watched her try to steady herself. Steady... steady... s..s.. steady. Was all that he would say. Hopefully her body would get the hint.

Aasha wrote:Aasha eyed him closely. There wasn't really enough light coming from any of the tents or the moon to see his expression clearly, but had she caught the glimmer of a grin? Was he laughing at her? Narrowing her eyes, she pushed off from his hands that she had grabbed to keep from falling into him completely. I'm steady damm't, we's goin' to yer tent if'n ya'd be movin' ou' my way!

She was treating him rotten without even thinking about it, not really her normal state of mind, but for some reason she felt off balance around him. She blamed it on the fact that he had seen her vulnerable, more than once now. How did he manage to wander in every time something horrible happened to her anyway? Sighing deeply, she paused and tentatively reached out to clutch his arm. I dun needs help; she mumbled. Jus' saf'r holdin' onto ya sos ya dun gets in my way an' knocks me on my bum 'gain.
Tasite
Tasite
Admin 2

Posts : 921
Join date : 2009-12-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drinking Contest

Post  axle5788 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:46 pm

He felt her clutch onto his forearm and was surprised. He felt like she was pulling him forward, but he kept up next to her quite easily. He dropped his arm, a bit upset. It was like she was leading him like a dog and he didn't like it. He pulled his arm away. I can keep up.

Finally, they made it back to his tent. He entered without waiting for her, searching for her pack. It was under his pack and a bunch of other things. He knew she would be upset with him if it was stolen so he made sure if anything was taken, it would be his stuff first. He rummaged through tossing his things to the side, then came up with her pack in his hand. Here it is. He held out it to her knowing she was probably impatient enough as it is that he had to look for her pack.
axle5788
axle5788
Admin 2

Posts : 27
Join date : 2009-12-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drinking Contest

Post  Aasha on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:11 pm

The twinge of guilt was annoying. She hadn't asked him to carry her to his tent from the tavern, she sure hadn't asked him to follow her while she got sick...so why was she feeling guilty for the way she was treating him? Granted, he was trying to help her, but Aasha hated admitting she needed help, let alone from someone she had sworn to protect. He was NNGO, as she was. As Capo, she needed to protect those weaker...yet was he weaker? He had been killing way more than she did. She could blame it on her short stature all she wanted, but he had proven himself more than capable of defending himself. Maybe she didn't need to watch out for him anymore. So why was he always around even when they weren't engaged in battle?

Aasha shrugged her thoughts off, they were making her dizzy and her head hurt bad enough. Her stomach was still feeling odd, she hated being so drunk that she couldn't function well. What was with her, alcohol never affected her this badly before...then again, she didn't normally get this drunk. She began to walk again, using him to steady herself even though eh would deny it if asked...that is, until he dropped his arm then pulled it away completely. Aasha glanced over, surprised by his actions. He normally let her do what she wanted without protest, now he didn't want to help her? It didn't matter that she had denied his help, it still bothered the girl. Especially since she so seldom reached out to anyone. Nev'r said ya c'uldna keeps up; she mumbled under her breath. Aasha paused, letting him move ahead of her, to follow more slowly. Concentrating on putting one foot in front of the other in a straight line without staggering.

The girl took little notice when of what he was doing when he entered his tent, standing just outside and peering in. See, I made it wit'ou' yer helpin' me an' all... Surely he was too distracted to notice it took her significantly longer than him once he withdrew his support. She wanted to lay down, or maybe a drink...maybe even to go back and kill that bartender after all. Not stand here like a ninny while he...what was he doing, besides making a mess of his tent? Oh well, it didn't matter, he would have to clean it up himself once she got her pack, she sure wasn't going to. A sickly smile crossed her path when he handed her the pack. The twinge of guilt was back, she took it and bowed carefully. Thanks fer...umm...jus'...thanks; she murmured awkwardly.

_________________

Why have a Knight in shining armor when you can have a Viking in bloody chainmail?
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Posts : 1074
Join date : 2008-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drinking Contest

Post  axle5788 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:32 pm

He looked at her waiting for more, but nothing came. He was frustrated with her.. with the war.. with the lack of food.. with everything. He was tired too, not having slept well because he was kept on duty at the gates since many had been injured. He pushed passed her, stopping just outside the tent. You can go kill the bartender now.. He looked down the row of tents towards the dock, waited to see if she'd answer, then went walking towards the dock. He needed to be alone. And she was in his tent, he couldn't find solace there. He tried hard not to look back at her, but it didn't work. After walking past a few tents, he looked briefly back at her, then continued forward. Once he reached the dock, he took his boots off, and sat down at the edge, letting his feet dangle in the cool water.
axle5788
axle5788
Admin 2

Posts : 27
Join date : 2009-12-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drinking Contest

Post  Aasha on Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:09 pm

Aasha lifted her chin and met what she assumed were his eyes in the darkness of the tent. He hadn't said a word about her gratitude, not even nodding his head. Clutching her pack to her, she blinked, her mouth dropping slightly when he pushed past her to leave his tent. Surely he wasn't going to walk her to hers? It was just across the way no, he stopped, told her she could go, then walked away.

She couldn't believe it. He never acted like that with her, ever. What was wrong with him? And he had practically knocked her down, for real this time. Mumbling curses under her breath, she walked slowly to her tent, the night air and her confusion, along with the emptying of her stomach, doing much to restore her equilibrium.

When she reached her tent, she immediately realized it was empty. Where was Obli? Bad enough Axle had brought her back to camp and not him, but he wasn't even here now? Had something happened to him? No, she would have heard. So why was she now sitting in her tent alone, clutching her pack? And her mouth tasted awful. Bloody hell, I needs wat'r. Aasha fumbled around, grabbing for the water and taking a long pull straight from the jug. It didn't help much, she should have taken that sandwich Axle offered her, it would get rid of the taste better than plain water. Whiskey? Brandy? No that would make it worse dammit, now she was hungry. She could go raid Axle's tent, he sure wouldn't notice anything missing in that mess he made. Why had he made that mess and walked away anyway? And pushing her like that?

As she thought on his actions, she started to get mad. Hell, he had witnessed her humiliation in the woods when she'd gotten sick, then was going to knock her down leaving his tent that he'd invited her into? She got up and walked outside the tent. Aasha looked in the direction he had walked, then back towards town. She should go kill the bartender, that would make her feel better...hmmm...after she gave him a piece of her mind.

She didn't walk, she stalked towards Axle, cursing long and low when it dawned on her that she was going towards the pier. Water, why did all the men in her life gravitate towards water? Wha' the hell didya push me fer? An' I dun needs ya to tells me I ken kills the bartend'r, I a'ready knows I ken! Guilt told her to stop, but outrage drove her on as she impulsively pushed his back, hoping he'd fall in and drown in the bloody water he loved so much.

_________________

Why have a Knight in shining armor when you can have a Viking in bloody chainmail?
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Posts : 1074
Join date : 2008-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drinking Contest

Post  axle5788 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:42 pm

He felt the dock creak as footsteps approached. He knew who it was when she opened her mouth. He refused to answer her. He was here to find tranquility and peace, not to argue with her. He never was one to argue with her anyways. She always got the last word. He didn't want to get into it with her because he wasn't that type of person. Instead.. he ignored her. He felt her push his back and he felt himself urge closer to the edge, but his hands gripped the dock and he caught himself from falling. He looked out over the water, seeing the moonlight drift over slowly. Fish were biting, he could see them peck the water near the light from the moon.
axle5788
axle5788
Admin 2

Posts : 27
Join date : 2009-12-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drinking Contest

Post  Aasha on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:07 pm

He didn't react at all, just sat on the dock with his feet dangling in the water, and blatantly ignored her. Now Aasha expected a reaction, had even braced herself for him to jump up and yell back, but nothing? How did she respond to nothing? He never ignored her. Let her beat on his chest when she was upset, covered her when she was cold, carried her back when she was drunk...but never ignored. It felt...bad. Aasha looked at his back, not liking the way she was feeling at all. Why was he making her feel bad? She never asked for his help, he just gave it, even when she tried to push him away and had even told him to go away, he still hadn't and was there. But now he wasn't?

Aasha wanted a reaction, any reaction. Even him taking a swing at her was better than this. Damn bloody men; she was muttering under her breath as she turned away. She had to find something, or someone to take her frustrations out on. Obviously he wasn't going to be there for her this time, and neither was Obli. Hell girl, ya dun needs nob'dy anyway, ya knows tha'... she was mumbling as she turned back towards the camp.

_________________

Why have a Knight in shining armor when you can have a Viking in bloody chainmail?
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Posts : 1074
Join date : 2008-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drinking Contest

Post  axle5788 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:18 pm

He was waiting for her to take anger out on him like she always did, but something was different. He felt it, sensed it. She always had his attention when she was getting angry and pounding her fists into him. This time he refused to give it to her. He was tired and could barely handle her anger anymore tonight.

She turned away, he felt her footsteps retreat, and he sighed deeply. He took off his shirt, and trousers and slid into the water. Maybe the water would cool him off, refresh him and get him out of his sour mood. Maybe not.. He wasn't going to confront her. It'd do no good. He had to loosen up for battle too. With the armor he was wearing, he could barely move because of the tension in his shoulders. He'd missed at least two kills last battle because of it. He saw others in the camps finding their own way to relieve the tension but none of them appealed to him. Aasha was usually drinking herself into a stupor, especially if the English were involved. Actually, that's how she had gotten involved in the drinking contest.

In the water, he slipped underneath the surface, holding his breath and opening his eyes while underneath. Maybe the light would show him the fish underneath. He held onto the dock supporters to keep himself underneath the water.
axle5788
axle5788
Admin 2

Posts : 27
Join date : 2009-12-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drinking Contest

Post  Aasha on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:34 pm

Her knife slipped easily into her hand as she walked away, looking for any signs of trouble. She was spoiling for a fight, and she would damn sure find one, even if she had to pick it with the first English dog she ran across.

She half expected to hear the sound of his footsteps behind her, but didn't. In fact, it was very quiet behind her. Quiet in front of her too, except for the guards everyone else was smart and asleep in their tents, waiting for the next skirmish.

The night was still enough that she barely heard the faint splash of him going into the water. Was he swimming this late at night? Ugh, why would anyone willingly go into the water? She wouldn't look back, she was mad at him anyway but why didn't she hear anything at all?

Despite her resolve, Aasha glanced back, pausing to wait for his head to poke back up. He could swim couldn't he? He hadn't fallen in, the splash wasn't that loud or had he when she was muttering? Bloody hell; Aasha muttered, turning back towards the pier. Axle? Is ya a'rights? But he was under water, and couldn't hear her. The water was dark, she couldn't see bottom, hell she couldn't see much of anything as dark as it was. Even with the moon shining onto the glossy surface of the water. Had he drowned? Guilt gnawed at her, if he drowned tonight it would be her fault, hadn't she just wished that on him?

Looking around, she saw nothing to poke the surface with, and her knife wasn't long enough. Shuddering in distaste, the girl jumped in fully dressed, determined to save the idgit if it killed her. The cold water made her gasp, her head immediately going below the surface. Fighting her instinctive panic, she grabbed for one of the supports and began moving her legs, trying to feel him before she drowned.

_________________

Why have a Knight in shining armor when you can have a Viking in bloody chainmail?
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Posts : 1074
Join date : 2008-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drinking Contest

Post  axle5788 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:51 pm

In the water, he was trying to relax and find peace. He'd been tense and couldn't get rid of it. He'd seen how many of the others got rid of the tensions with various activities, including drinking the night away. That had been how Aasha chose to get rid of her tension and frustration. That's what had led to the events of the night.

She was drinking English ale and he'd been observing, as he always was. He shook his head. He wasn't supposed to be thinking about her. He was in a sour mood, and wished the water would help rid him of it, but he kept thinking back to her. She had come to him seeking attention and when he didn't give it to her, she walked away. He didn't want to confront her. She always won anyways. He refused to argue with her. He'd always give her attention, let her beat him with her fists when she was angry but he was not going to allow it any longer. She must of thought he was weak. It was the only explanation. She was always looking after him as if he needed to be protected. But he was as good as any soldier if not better. He'd tried to prove it to her over and over again, but it was never enough. Tonight just made things worse. She led him by the arm to his tent as if he'd lose his way.

His thoughts were interrupted when he felt a splash in front of him and a body sinking down in the water fast. He surfaced only to see small hands slip underneath the water. He reached out, but he couldn't find them.. instead he traced them to the support of the docks. He watched the surface to see if the person would surface and when they didn't he reached down to push her hips upward to make her surface. He didn't know it was her till he saw her come from the water. Sure enough her legs were struggling and the power in them were enough to injure him. He avoided them and kept her above water while treading next to her. What are you doing? You can't swim!


Last edited by axle5788 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
axle5788
axle5788
Admin 2

Posts : 27
Join date : 2009-12-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drinking Contest

Post  Aasha on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:49 pm


It wasn't working. Even clutching the support wasn't helping a whole lot, the damn thing was slimy with algae and her fingers kept slipping. Every time they slipped, her head bobbed under. Why in the world was she in the water looking for what was probably a dead body anyway? Not that her foot was connecting with anything except more water. She was splashing around so much that she never heard him surface, especially not when her head kept going under.

Aasha was mad at herself for jumping in, mad at him for making her, but even more than that, she was starting to think she was going to drown right alongside him. Well, alongside was a relative term, she had no idea where he was in the water. Wha' the... she swallowed a huge mouthful of water when something touched her arm, going under again. Then something else, or was it the same something? grabbed her hips, pushing her upwards. She didn't stop to think of more than getting air, and wrapped herself around whatever it was that had hold of her, figuring being eaten by a sea creature had to be better than drowning.

It wasn't until she had taken a few deep lungfuls of air that she realized what was beneath her clinging hands was skin, bare skin. Blinking salt water out of her eyes, her hair drifting and tangling wetly around her in the water and over her face, she whispered; Axle? Ya ain't dead is ya? Ya los' yer shirt?

_________________

Why have a Knight in shining armor when you can have a Viking in bloody chainmail?
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Posts : 1074
Join date : 2008-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drinking Contest

Post  axle5788 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:50 pm

He pushed her back from the docks, when her hands wrapped around him. He knew she didn't like the water, so he tried to maneuver her closer to the shore. She was struggling, and he tried to keep her above water. No. I'm not dead. I was just swimming. He frowned, and brushed her wet hair from her face. Let's get you out of the water. He ushered her through the water to the shore to the point where he could feel the rocks beneath his bare feet. He stood there, and held his hand out in case she wanted to take it to walk out. She probably wouldn't take it like always.. fighting with him about needing help. He walked as far as he could, and stopped. He'd realized he was naked and stayed enough in the water where it was giving some kind of coverage. You should get changed. He said in a low voice, dropping his head as he said it, not wanting to meet her eyes.
axle5788
axle5788
Admin 2

Posts : 27
Join date : 2009-12-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drinking Contest

Post  Aasha on Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:22 pm

Her eyes widened when he moved her away from the security of the dock. Was he crazy? Or was he he going to drown her now? Had she made him mad? Petrified, she forgot to try and be brave, and wrapped her legs around him, her arms tightening. Good, dun go dyin' on me now dammit... She blinked and met his eyes as he brushed the wet hair from her face, unable to hide the fear shining in her eyes. I dun likes swimmin' 'tall, damn wat'r is cold.

Aasha wasn't sure how he got them closer to shore, but she breathed a huge sigh of relief when at least part of her body was not submerged. Why had he stopped though? They weren't to the shore yet. Had she made him uncomfortable clinging like that? She had only done it to keep from drowning. Hells bells, she was trying to save him to begin with. It didn't occur to her that it was stupid, not even then, she had meant well after all.

Why'd ya stop? We ain't at shore yets... Glancing at his hand, she blushed. Yes, it must be her clinging, he didn't want to carry her out. Aasha unwrapped her legs, slipping down until her feet touched, her hands still clutching his back until she knew her footing was secure. Embarrassed that he'd had to help her when she intended on helping him, she stepped backwards, deciding retreat was the best option.

Aasha's face was red with embarrassment, something she hoped was hidden by the dark. She began to back up, avoiding his eyes as studiously as he was hers. Yah...I'll jus'...umm...sorry. Ya ken swims 'gain now...I'll jus' be...ummm...goin' to gets out o' these wet cloth's...

_________________

Why have a Knight in shining armor when you can have a Viking in bloody chainmail?
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Posts : 1074
Join date : 2008-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drinking Contest

Post  axle5788 on Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:18 am

She gripped him harder as he was moving through the water carrying her. He let out a chuckle when she told him not to go dying on her, when out of the two, she was obviously terrified and uncomfortable around water and he was an expert fisherman from his days in Liverpool. He answered her about the water being cold, You get used to it, is all. It takes a little bit of time but you will warm up, with or without clothes. He looked down between them knowing he was naked and he knew she hadn't noticed when she asked about him stopping. He didn't want to tell her he was naked, so he simply said: I want to keep swimming. Don't want my body to get used to the air and dry. It will get harder to get used to the water then....

She seemed annoyed or upset, he didn't know which, but he wasn't going to chase after her. She retreated back and he watched her leave..
axle5788
axle5788
Admin 2

Posts : 27
Join date : 2009-12-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drinking Contest

Post  Aasha on Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:30 am

Ain't wantin' to gets used t'it. Ain't plannin' on swimmin, jus' gets in wat'r if'n I'm washin' up. She was muttering, unsure if he heard her or not...probably did, it wasn't like there was a lot of noise this time of night. Other than the guards, she'd not seen anyone other than them stirring all night. It was peaceful, or would be if she wasn't in the water.

Aasha glanced up at him when he said he wanted to keep swimming, shrugged and tried to smile, the panicky feeling slowly receding when she saw how close to shore she was. She could do this, it wasn't his fault she jumped into the water to save him and needed saving herself. Well, maybe it was, he knew she couldn't swim...wait, how did he know that anyway? Aasha shook her thoughts off, her head hurt bad enough without borrowing more worries. She was still backing towards the bank, but upon hearing confirmation of his intent, turned to move faster. Wet clothes were damn uncomfortable, and she didn't want her knives ruined. Well, enjoy yer swimmin' then.

Once she reached dry land, it took willpower to keep from sinking down and kissing the ground. Far enough in to bathe was plenty far enough, that was just too deep. She glanced back towards the water where Axle stood, muttered about fool men in the dark, then made her way back to camp. She wanted dry clothes, and at this point sleep. Nothing else was going right this evening, why push her luck for more?

_________________

Why have a Knight in shining armor when you can have a Viking in bloody chainmail?
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Posts : 1074
Join date : 2008-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drinking Contest

Post  axle5788 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:09 pm

Axle has been in the water for quite a while, and the weather was dropping. He was now too cold rather than briskly chilly. He swam out of the water, and shook his whole body as a means to dry off. It wasn't a great job, but it would shake off the excess water... and give him a headache afterwards as well. After most of the excess water was off, he put on his trousers but kept his shirt in his hand. He didn't have any other shirts, and didn't want to wet the only one he had. He took the dirt road back to camp, thinking he would go to bed but as he ventured closer and deeper into camp, his anger began to rise again. How dare she treat him like a dog, to be dragged around as if he was a mindless drone. I mean.. he followed her anyways, but never because she wanted him to. He finally stopped at the entrance to his tent. Instead of heading inside to sleep, he turned left and entered her tent instead. He didn't care if he was there, but she would get an earful before he went to bed. Wake up. He tapped her foot with his lightly.
axle5788
axle5788
Admin 2

Posts : 27
Join date : 2009-12-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drinking Contest

Post  Aasha on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:17 pm

Aasha was cold, tired and slightly hungry when she had gotten back to her tent. Food could wait, she didn't trust her stomach enough to put food into it after being ill earlier, but cold and tired she could do something about. Passing out just didn't leave a body rested well like actual sleep did. She stripped the wet clothes off, leaving them in a pile on the floor, dried her body briskly with one of the blankets, then threw a large shirt on to sleep in and climbed between some of the blankets piled on the floor. Aasha was asleep within minutes, much to her surprise. Deeply asleep, a luxury she rarely afforded herself, but she was within NNGO camp, so it was allowed here. Even if she had fallen asleep by herself.

It wasn't Obli entering that woke her, but rather another foot tapping against hers, and an all too familiar voice telling her to wake up. She sprung up quickly, looking around for trouble. Wha's wrong? Did som'one attacks us? Why ya 'ere?

_________________

Why have a Knight in shining armor when you can have a Viking in bloody chainmail?
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Posts : 1074
Join date : 2008-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drinking Contest

Post  axle5788 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:33 pm

Nobody attacked us. No screams. No blood. No explosions. Nothing. He looked around, not seeing him there, and his resolve was even higher. I'm not an idiot or a dog. I can hold my own and swing a sword as hard and mighty as any other NNGO soldier; sometimes even better than some. Better than Obli for sure. And you too. I got more kills in this war than most, and not gotten hurt yet either. I don't need you "protecting" me. I can handle myself. I can swim and run, and track things too. I don't need your help. He was running off at the mouth more than he had planned to but once he started, he couldn't stop himself.
axle5788
axle5788
Admin 2

Posts : 27
Join date : 2009-12-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drinking Contest

Post  Aasha on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:47 pm

Now Aasha was used to being woken and reacting instantly, but that was more instinct than actually being awake. She wasn't alert enough for him to rant and rave at her, and that is exactly what he was doing. Once more, he never ranted at her, hell he barely spoke to her. He was just there, a presence that didn't bother her at all anymore. Not really, he was supposed to be following her, he was almost always in her group when they fought. Aasha listened quietly, her mouth slowly dropping open as he went on and on.

Finally, he paused long enough for her to speak. Now at this point, Aasha was a little angry. He had come into her tent uninvited and woken her up, just to yell and tell her he was better than her? Her eyes flashed up into his as she met the anger there head on. Is ya one o' mines o' no? If'n yer nae one o' my group, o' my fr'ends... She paused, realizing she did think of him as a friend, the few times she allowed herself to think of him. It wasn't often, he had seen her weak and thinking of him meant reminding herself of that. ...then I will nae be prot'ctin' ya. If'n ya is, then my job is ta be watchin' ou' fer ya. Ya mights be bett'r'n me a' lots o' things Axle, I jus' dun cares if'n yar is o' nae. I ain't helpin' ya do much o' nothin' bu' surv've, same as me. If'n ya dun wants me to do tha', I will nae be doin' nothin' fer ya. Dun needs my helps, I tells ya I dun needs yers an' yer still helpin'. Guess'n I list'ns well as ya does. Now if'n yer jus' here to yell a' me, ya ken gets ou'. I'm tired an' was tryin' to sleep if'n ya didna not'ce.

_________________

Why have a Knight in shining armor when you can have a Viking in bloody chainmail?
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Posts : 1074
Join date : 2008-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drinking Contest

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum