Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP] Wedding Preparations

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

[RP] Wedding Preparations - Page 3 Empty Re: [RP] Wedding Preparations

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:32 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur stood up and paced about his room. It was late and he still hadn't finished his vows. But he needed to see Lynna. He had barely spent any time with her today. He sighed and decided to go to her room.

He headed towards the door and hesitated. His hand was on the doorknob, but he couldn't. It was the night before the wedding, it wasn't proper to visit her now. It was also inconsiderate to wake her.. She must be sleeping, he thought. Does she miss me like I miss her?

His hand started turning the doorknob slowly to open. Before pulling the door open, he stopped again. He couldn't get to her room! There were too many guests in the castle. I will visit by her balcony! He left his room, heading down a hallway towards the back doors towards Lynna's balcony. On the way, he saw a bunch of roses. He lifted a single rose from the bunch, smelling it's scent. It reminded him of Lynna. Perfect.. I know just what to do! He found a piece of twine as well. He would need it.

He couldn't see much outside in the darkness. He was not used to it. He stumbled around, almost tripping. He looked up towards the windows, unsure of which was Lynna's room. He knew the layout of the castle, but from the outside it was different. He looked around for some pebbles. Once finding some, he stood straight and lobbied the pebbles at her window. He didn't know if she could hear the clack of the pebble upon the window. He sighed. She can't hear it.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:32 pm

Gawain59 wrote:Gawain had retired for the night, and had slept for a while but now couldn't sleep any more.

He arose and putting on a robe over his nightshirt, he paced around his room. Grabbing the ceremony plan, he re-read it and added a few things to his parts that he had just thought of.

He then grabbed a book from one of his bags, then sat in a chair and started to read.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:33 pm

Lynna wrote:Lynna had been watching the flame of the candle, mesmerized by the dancing of the single flame, she couldn't sleep no matter how much she wanted to. Everytime she closed her eyes they would open again. The castle was large and there was a stillness at this time of night, in her house she would hear all amount of different noises which would help her to sleep, they had a calming effect on her even if it was just a few cicada's or a hooting owl.

The silence was suddenly broken by the clatter of something against the window, she lay there for a moment and thought she should have a look or at least check the balcony door. She climbed out of the warmth of her bed and and went over to the double doors. As she pushed on the door a little it flung opened and she walked outside. It was dark and the moonlight dull, she wrapped her arms around herself from the cold night as she glanced around the grounds and listened for any unfamiliar noises...
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur heard the creaking of doors. His heart fluttered excitedly. He wasn't allowed to see her, but.. he need to speak with her. To hear her voice.. feel her presence. Lynna! He whispered. He didn't want to wake anyone up. Rooms were closeby and it was a going to be a big day for them tomorrow. Lynna! He called out again in case she didn't hear him.

My love! Oh, how I've missed you! He clung to his chest where his heart had been hurting from not being with her. I know I'm not allowed to see you, my love. But I can't bear to be apart from you. It pains me too much! My heart feels as if it is going to be torn from my chest. He sighs. Pain able to be heard in his voice. He hid beneath the balcony, against the walls to not be tempted to climb the balcony to be with her. He wanted to kiss her and hold her desperately. To feel her in his arms and love her like no other.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lynna wrote:She was about to go back inside when she heard a whisper that sounded like her name, she stopped and listened again moving to the balcony edge when she heard her name again this time a little louder. Her eyes searched the darkness she couldn't see but she knew it was Arthur, Arthur she said tentatively, Arthur my Love is that you.

He went on to say My love! Oh, how I've missed you! I know I'm not allowed to see you, my love. But I can't bear to be apart from you. It pains me too much! My heart feels as if it is going to be torn from my chest.

My dear Arthur I have missed you terribly also, I have done nothing but yearn for you all day, she could hear her own pain in his voice. But what are you doing you know you shouldn't be here and it is supposed to be bad luck for us to see each other .she looked down to where his voice was coming from. You really should be getting some sleep
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:He heard her voice getting closer, and he wanted to reach out and touch her. A single touch of hers would melt his heart. He looked at the rose in his hand. He reached into his pocket to pull out her ring and a piece of twine he had gathered earlier. He had never been one for fancy. He'd chosen a gold band, simple really, until you looked at the care that had been put into each exquisite detail. It was a symbol of his love, a physical manifestation of his devotion. With that, he tied it to the stem and held the rose in his hand.

I needed to speak with you. I couldn't wait any longer. He was shivering, the winds had picked up and a bit of snow started to fall. He wrapped his one arm around himself, while holding the rose in his other. He stepped away from the wall, and just in front. A glimpse of her could be seen with the moonlight. I cannot wait until we are wed, my love. So I will never have to leave your side again or be apart from you. I am lost without you.. He tossed the rose up towards her, landing on the balcony floor. A gift for M'lady.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:34 pm

Lynna wrote:A few flurries of snow were appearing and night air had cooled even more, Arthur saying how he will never leave her and they will always be together her heart was beating faster as she listened to his words. A gift she thought, he doesn't need to be giving her gifts his love is all she needs. A beautiful rose landed on the balcony ground next to her as she leant down to pick it up she noticed a ring was attached she looked at the ring it was perfect, as was their love, embedded with diamonds she clutched her hand to her chest after slipping it on her finger, Arthur my Love it is beautiful I don't know what to say. A tear was welling in her eyes as she took a deep breath, Thank you my love and if I could only be down there with you I could show you how much...

My Love it is cold and threatening to snow, tomorrow we will be wed and you will make me the happiest woman alive. I can't wait but you should be inside.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:He could feel the cold rushing through his body, and wanted to listen to her advice. But he couldn't just yet. He needed to ask her.. he hadn't before.

Lynna.. will you marry me? He wrapped his arms around himself tight. His mind was preoccupied with thoughts of kissing her, knowing what her reply would be.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lynna wrote:She let out a girlish giggle, Arthur, my Love, of course I will marry you, I love you more than anything in this world and I would be honoured to be your wife.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:He smiles, wishing he could kiss her passionately. He wanted her to feel how much he loved her. He knew his feelings were guarded in the past, but he felt at ease now. A weight had been lifted off his shoulders and he didn't know what it was.

He bid his bride-t0-be good night, promising to see her in the morn. He entered the castle and looked for parchment. He had renewed inspiration and was ready to write his vows. He quickly penned his vows so that he would not forget them. He stared at the parchment.. the words coming to life as he read them. Hopefully, Lynna would feel the same tomorrow during the ceremony. He didn't want to disappoint her.

On his way back to his room, he passed the Deacon's door. He was supposed to seek his opinion on the vows, but it was late and he had woken up enough people tonight. He laughed wondering if he had startled Lynna or not. He crouched before the Deacon's door and slid the parchment underneath. He will see it in the morning, he thought. With that, Arthur headed for bed. It was only hours before the ceremony and he needed some rest.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:35 pm

Gawain59 wrote:Gawain looked up from his book as he heard a noise outside his door, then a piece of parchment was slipped under it.

Putting down his book down, he quickly crossed to the door then opened it and looked up and down the hallway, but saw no-one in sight, so he closed the door again.

He picked up the parchment and looked at it. He recognized Arthur's handwriting, so going back to his chair, he sat down and read the vows written upon it, they were perfect - so he wrote a note to tell Arthur this. He left his room and went down the hallway, and slipped his note under Arthur's door along with the vows.

He then returned to his room, knelt down and said a few prayers to Jah for the day ahead, for his friends, himself and the imminent wedding ceremony.

He then resumed reading his book.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lynna wrote:After Arthur had said goodnight she stood near the open door holding the handle, she listened for a little longer to be sure Arthur had gone, not that she wanted him to, but he had to.

She closed the door and made her way back over to the bed, she layed the rose on the bedside table, it's scent alluring to her senses. She raised her hand to the candle flame admiring the ring twisting it around on her finger, she smiled and thought, later today she would have a wedding ring as well, a symbol of eternity. The smile wouldn't leave her face as she climbed back under the covers and closed her eyes, she was happy Arthur had come to see her it was all she needed to be close to him and hear him, with his reassurance of his love for her. She was able to drift off to sleep...
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Zelana wrote:Lana made her way up the road to Coventry, it was quite dark now as the day had long since been over. Trotting into the town square Lana made a veto towards the ole town Tavern to stay for the night.
Once there she got her gown out for the following morning and hung it up by the small fire in the room she had be given to make sure any smal creases were out by morning.
Sliding into the comfortable bed, Lana slept calmly without any thoughts going through her mind for the first time in days.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Grizelda wrote:Gri awoke disoriented in unfamiliar surroundings. Despite the darkness behind the windows she immediately leaped into action, careful to not disturb her sister or anyone else rooming around her. There were a million things to do to make sure her cousin Lynna wanted for nothing on today of all days and Gri was taking her bridesmaid duties very seriously.

So seriously it was likely not more than 4am when she woke up - but no matter! Too excited to sleep, Gri bustled around carefully organizing everything for the big day.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lynna wrote:Lynna woke up and on opening her eyes she layed there for a moment before bringing the covers to her mouth to try and hide the smile that wouldn't leave her. Last night was still in her mind , the words from Arthur, Arthur, she thought he is so wonderful and she missed him terribly, but today they would be married.

There was a gentle knock on the door Come in Lynna said as the door opened Irma one of the castle staff had come in.
She had a delicate smile on her face as she says Good mornin M'lady I have drawn a bath for you.

Thank you Irma that would be a wonderful way to start the day, i'll gather my things up and head there now,would you be so kind as to see if my cousin Lady Grizelda is awake and have her come to my room?

Certainly M'lady, tis going to be a wonderful day for you and Lord Loxley

It will indeed Irma she grinned as she busied herself picking up the essentials.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:36 pm

Grizelda wrote:Answering the polite scratch at the door, Gri is relieved to admit Lynna's lady and find that her cousin is up and expecting her. Tripping along at Irma's efficient clip, Gri thanks the lady for collecting her and bids her to return to assist her sister Gretl in her preparations so that Eric and Gretl might meet them at the church shortly.

Finding Lynna in her chambers - bathed and radiant - Gri carefully tends to the bride's toilet, trying to anticipate her cousin's needs before the bride herself realizes them. In due course both she and Lynna are tastefully adorned and lavishly dressed for the ceremony in the lovely gowns Lynna had picked out for the two.

"Oh Lynna," Gri sighed, taking in the full effect of their work. "You are absolutely breathtaking." Her cousin was, truly, a vision to behold.

Carefully putting the final touches in place, Gri nodded to Lynna. There was no more room for improvement. They were ready to make their way to the Church.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lynna wrote:What would I ever do without you Gri as she admired Gri's handywork in the mirror she gave her a hug and said I just know we are late but better a little tardy then not at all. I hope Arthur waits for me.

As they made their way down the stairs they noticed that Eric and Gretl had already left in the carriage before them. The footman assisted them up in the lovely flower adorned carriage and they made their way to the Church...

Coventry Church

(ooc 2nd forum Stafford County > Stafford Churches > Coventry Church)
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Gawain59 wrote:Gawain had continued to read until the sun arose on the horizon. He washed and dressed and went downstairs to eat breakfast, then walked in the castle grounds until it was almost time to leave for the Church. He had arranged with Oswald the day before to have a carriage prepared, as this was a time that riding was inappropriate. He returned to his room and changed into his cream colored cassock and put on his multi-colored stole.

He walked downstairs to the carriage that had arrived, then got into it and made his way to the Church.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3