Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP] Hamilton - Dinner

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

[RP] Hamilton - Dinner - Page 5 Empty Re: [RP] Hamilton - Dinner

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:59 pm

Darienbalintyne wrote:Darien spoke quietly his mind still on what had just happened, slightly puzzled even but still he showed his manners "you are welcome anytime Lady Kaylen as long as Lady Gabrielle gives consent, and Sara will chaperone you to be sure while you are at the Estate".

Still thinking some as he processed information he smiled at Lady Gabrielle and said "I apologise for upsetting Serdan, I am not sure what I have done to upset him so but I do regret it. To the best of my knowledge I have not met him before this night but somehow I seem to have upset him, can you apologise to him on my behalf when you see him next".

Darien drank his glass of wine and looked around him, it had started out such a nice evening as well.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Louisa_ wrote:Watching as Serdan excused himself she wondered what had gotten into her normally charming cousin, seems she had missed the goings within the family while away on her honeymoon and hoped to speak to Gabby to catch up. “ Cousin Gabby, please excuse me. I have a terrible headache and think I shall take my leave” Louisa looked up concerned for her sister….…knowing that she was in the early stages of her pregnancy, she decided before going to bed to check that everything was okay.

But before another mouthful was taken her other cousin Meritisi, stood offering his apologies and left the room. Louisa looked around in surprise, she had so looked forward to the dinner and coming home to catch up with family, catching Lyskards eye she gave a slight shrug a confused look on her face as she tried to make out what was going on.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Gabrielle_ wrote:Gabby rubbed her temples and looked at Darien as he spoke. It took a moment for her comprehend what he was saying, though she heard it. Her mind was a jumble.
Absently she nodded,
"Aye, with chaperone, prithee. Tis only proper. Thank you, I shall... but I see no need for your apologies. The Order of Sherwood and your family Darien, have long shown where their loyalty lies, and it is appreciated. More than you know."

Gabby managed a weak smile and answered,
"The hunting has been light. I think a few deer and an elk for big game, all the meat going to the tenant farmers of the estate. I have heard though the gamefowl has been abundant. Hence our poultry laden menu."
She managed a giggle, and then stood up..
"Leith! My father's sword. It is long that this should have been done."
Leith appeared shortly with a sword. It was beautifully crafted of fine steel, with a simple hilt.
"Darien Balintyne... Take a knee before me."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:00 pm

Darienbalintyne wrote:Darien heard Lady Gabrielle ask for her fathers sword and direct him to kneel before her, his first concern was that his time had come but his trust in this lady was such that he did as she asked and went on one knee with his head bowed before her.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:00 pm

Gabrielle_ wrote:Gabby smiled and was proud to do this.
"With the power vested in me as Baroness of Nottingham, I hereby award to you the suzerainty of Sherwood Forest."
She lays the flat of the blade upon one shoulder,
"Do you accept the holy and divine responsibility of being entrusted with the welfare of the King's people and land of Sherwood Forest?"
Laying the sword flatly upon the other shoulder,
"Do you swear, here in front of Jah and these gathered witnesses, your fealty to uphold the law and support the Barony of Nottingham and it's appointed governance as awarded by the Crown?"

Keeping the sword on the second shoulder, Gabby looked down at the man and awaited his answers.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:03 pm

Sara_jane wrote:Sara was surprised to see the sudden wave of guests leave the table. What got her more though was the calling for the sword and Darien to get on one knee. Watching carefully, she sipped at her wine She was feeling slightly nervous. Trying to keep herself calm she sat silently watched and waited.

As the event unfolded a look of shock and surprise came over her. So much so she would have chocked on her wine if she had been drinking it.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:03 pm

Darienbalintyne wrote:Darien listened carefully to the words that Lady Gabrielle spoke and then he said "I swear by almighty Jah to uphold the fealty of Sherwood, to protect and respect all that is Sherwood Forest, the people who live there and the noble family of Nottingham.

As Jah is my witness I will die for the honour you have placed on me Lady Gabrielle and you have my word that Sherwood and Nottingham have my undying loyalty and that of my family".

Darien stopped talking then, at a loss for words as the realisation of what had just happened hit him. Looking up at Lady Gabrielle he said softly "thank you my lady, you have no idea what this means to me and how great I appreciate the honour you have bestowed on me this day".
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:04 pm

Gabrielle_ wrote:Upon hearing his answers, Gabby swiftly and with deftness of hand, tapped again each shoulder with the flat of the blade, the steel shimmering in the candlelight.
"Arise, Sir Darien Balintyne, Lord of Sherwood."

Her smile was broad as she looked at him and then at his wife.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:05 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur had watched mostly all the Hamilton's leave and felt a bit awkward. He was determined not to let it ruin the mood of the dinner and just sat quietly in his seat until Gabby asked Darien to take a knee. Arthur had already finished his meal and reached for Lynna's hand. He exchanged a look with her as he held her hand and watched the exchange between Gabby and Darien.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Darienbalintyne wrote:Darien stood and looked around him, noticing the near empty room he turned back to Lady Gabrielle and smiling said "I suppose desert is out of the question then"?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Sara_jane wrote:Sara sat still in her seat in a mild state of shock as she tried to wrap her head around what she had just seen.. That was all set aside in her mind when she heard his comment and couldn't help but laugh.

Taking her wine she finished it off before speaking.

"Thank you for that Lady Gabrielle. You can be assured that this will not be forgotten."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Gabrielle_ wrote:Gabby laughed and grinned,
"Of course there is time for dessert! Double helpings for all... unless the ladies want their men to watch their figures."
Handing the sword back to Leith, he left to put it back.

"Ahh..what a wonderful evening after all."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:06 pm

Myxti wrote:Myxti laughs as she talked. This made her accent thicker.

"There's never an excuse to cancel dessert! Well......maybe reasons not to eat certain ones.....but if the pomegrantate is bruised, you make juice.....so always dessert! And looks like there will be plenty more for us."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur raised his glass to the table, took a quick glance at Lynna before saying: Dessert! He grinned knowing she loved dessert.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Gabrielle_ wrote:The warm from the oven blueberry cobbler was served. It smelled absolutely delicious with the scent of the berries and sweet spices.
"Oh this looks and smells wonderful." Gabby said, as she wasted no time in digging in with the silver spoon.
"Always there is room for dessert."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:31 pm

Lynna wrote:Not knowing what the undertones of the evening was holding Lynna sat quietly with a slight quizzical look at Arthur to see if he knew something she didn't, when Gabby called for her father's sword. Lynna was paying attention to what seemed an impromptu ceremony and wondered if this was why they were invited to the house this night. Arthur took her hand as they listened, she raised her glass in recognition of what took place, a smile came to her face as Darien enquired about dessert, with everyone that was still at the table agreeing that dessert sounded like a grand idea.

As the dessert was bought out, the aroma was delectable It does Gabrielle she said with a smile, the whole meal has been superb, she paused for a moment and added and the conversation interesting as she took a sip of her wine, giving Arthurs hand a squeeze under the table.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:31 pm

Gabrielle_ wrote:Gabby nodded to Lynna,
"Yes it has been an interesting evening. I appreciate so much you and Arthur coming and I hope that you two, as well as the Balintynes feel free to come by and visit anytime."
Gabby ate some more cobbler, then added, with a smile..
"My decision to knight, if you would, Darien, was rather quite spur of the moment. Though something I have thought on for a while. Oh Oh!! I almost forgot!"

She called for a servant to bring the gifts. Soon appeared 2 both carrying paintings both alike. One was presented to each couple.

"I hope you like, it is a painting of Hamilton Hall."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:32 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:Wow.. Arthur's jaw dropped. That is beautiful. He looked at the painting as if he was mesmerized. Thank you so much for the painting. He looked towards Gabby briefly then back at the painting. He was fully engrossed in the finer details of the art. He could see the deliberate brush strokes and vivid colors.. the incredible details in the foliage.. the accents of the estate..

Lynna could be heard giggling as he kept staring at the art. She knew he was easily distracted by new paintings. He felt her hand give a light squeeze to his hand, and he turned to face her. Hmm? He quietly asked. She whispered softly that only he could hear, and Arthur turned towards Gabby after. I apologize for being so.. narrow focused. But, his eyes returned back to the painting, it truly is great. Thank you for inviting us to your estate for this dinner. We have had an interesting and delightful time. His eyes returned to lock with Gabby's.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Sara_jane wrote:At the sight of the cobbler Sara could feel her mouth water and her stomach make room for it. She had just swallowed a mouthful when both couples received the gift. Looking between the painting, her husband, and Gabrielle Sara smiled.

"This is most generous of you Gabrielle. Thank you very much. I will most defiantly try and visit as often as I can. As I'm sure Darien will as well if not together."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Darienbalintyne wrote:Darien had two helpings of the Bluberry cobbler and felt no remorse at that, he rarely ate desert unless at a dinner party so why not he thought, it wasn't like his waist was large.

One look at the gift from Gabby made Darien smile, the painting was a masterpiece and had obviously been done by a skilled hand, looking at it his mind already adrift on where to hang it at the Balintyne Estate he said "that is to kind Lady Gabrielle, I will hang it in our art collection at home so all can view the splendour this brings, I do not know how to thankyou for tonight, it has been stimulating, different and enjoyable and from the bottom of my heart I say thank you, I will definately be returning if this cobbler is on offer".
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:33 pm

Lynna wrote:It would be lovely to return again Gabrielle, Lynna replied to Gabby's kind offer.

Gabby called for a servant, a few minutes later two staff members came in carrying a painting each presenting them one each to the Balintynes and one to Arthur and Lynna.

She watched Arthur and his expression as he took in the details of the painting smiling at him and his expression of appreciation. It is truely beautiful Gabby thank you so much, noticing some similarites in the work while she admired the painting, but not sure Lynna asked, Is this another work by Pieter Gabby?

Arthur has just had Coventry Castle undergo some renovations before the wedding and we have some ideal areas to hang both the wedding gift and now this generous gift she smiled.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Gabrielle_ wrote:Gabby beamed with joy that her guests liked the gift.
"No, Pieter did not, but a local painter. Kaylen did a wonderful job choosing a frame and framing them."
Signalling for a servant to pour everyone a warm brandywine, she asked,
"If we are all finished with our desserts... shall we go to the library and relax while enjoying our brandywines? If any of you need to stay overnight before departing, which I recommend, being close to the border.. there are rooms prepared."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Kaylen_ wrote:(ooc sorry for lack of posting, work's been harsh this week. Godmod permission for Em has been given)

Kaylen and Em sat quietly through the rest of the dinner, not caring to draw more attention to themselves. Kaylen was still trying to figure out what exactly Serdan had meant by his words, but it looked as if no one was going to enlighten her. Sighing softly she had the dessert slowly, and although she didn't particularly care for blueberries she had to admit that the cobbler was good.

She watched as the servants brought out the painting and smiled, it was really pretty. She nodded in acknowledgment when Gabby said she had picked out the frame. But the idea had been Gabby's.

And although Em sat quietly Kaylen could tell he had a lot on his mind. She wondered what he was thinking, and wondered if he regretted coming here tonight.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:
Gabrielle_ wrote:Gabby beamed with joy that her guests liked the gift.
"No, Pieter did not, but a local painter. Kaylen did a wonderful job choosing a frame and framing them."
Signalling for a servant to pour everyone a warm brandywine, she asked,
"If we are all finished with our desserts... shall we go to the library and relax while enjoying our brandywines? If any of you need to stay overnight before departing, which I recommend, being close to the border.. there are rooms prepared."

Aye, I wouldn't mind going to the library, he smiled at Gabby. He laced his fingers with Lynna's, bringing her hand up to his lips and kissing the back softly. Sweetheart, let's go? He wanted to catch her attention briefly.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Darienbalintyne wrote:Darien rose and bowed to the hostess before saying "thank you again Lady Gabrielle, it has been a great evening and we would love to accept your invitation of a bed for the night, now if ye have some scotch on offer then the library it is".

Darien smiled at Sara and helped her out of her chair before taking her hand in his and waiting for the others.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next