Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP] Stafford County XVI Presents...

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[RP] Stafford County XVI Presents... Empty [RP] Stafford County XVI Presents...

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:35 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur stood in front of the mirror. He wasn't as nervous as he was the last time he did this, and was actually excited. The term had already begun with a bang with the persecution of himself and his wife, but he needed to put that behind him. He was here to serve the people of Stafford regardless of the personal agenda of some. He stood straight, took a deep breath, then walked to meet his wife. She had gone on ahead to give him some time to himself to think about what he was going to say to the people of Stafford. Last term, things had been so easy. This one.. not so much. Was it his doing? He didn't think so, but maybe he was wrong. He didn't know how people could turn against him so quickly for the sake of power and glory. Something he didn't need or seek. He was already an influential person in the Kingdom because of his dedication, hard work, and willingness to participate and get involved. If only more people were like that, he thought.

---

A ceremony was going to take place today at the castle. It was the second time this would occur in Stafford history. It was a recognition ceremony that all councilors would accept the duties of their office through the use of an oath. Arthur walked towards the balcony where the ceremony would take place, and the others were waiting. Seeing everyone gathered and ready for the ceremony to begin, he walked forward and out into the light where the public could see them. It was raining a bit today. The day was not as nice as the last time he was standing here before the people of Stafford. But the weather certainly reflected the mood and somber attitudes of some people. It was something he would hope to change by inspiring good will, community, and cohesion.

Citizens of Stafford,

I stand before you once more, elected as Duke by our Council, to lead our great county in a new age of prosperity, peace, and community. Our county has denigrated to dirty politicking, mudslinging, petty bickering, and many have worked against our own for personal gain and motivation. This is something that I cannot, and will not, tolerate. I stand before you to remind every resident that we are above the squabbles, bickering, and violence rampant across England. We do not have to engage each other in such a way. We are here, each of us, to live long and prosper. We are here to reach out to our neighbor and tell them, "I will help you because you are my brother or sister". We are not alone. We must band together to ensure that our county will thrive and move forward together, not by hurting each other.

Despite the workings of some to harm my reputation, and hurt those I love, I am here to say I will not give in to the bullying. I will not surrender. I will not cower and hide because you dislike or plot against me and mine. Remember, what does not kill us will make us stronger. I stand before you today, stronger than I was just a mere two months ago. Stafford stands here in England, stronger and more committed than we were two months ago. We will not cower or bend to the will of a few who seek power and influence for personal gain. We will survive and prosper because we embrace each other with open arms, not discriminating or judging due to affiliations, whether those affiliations are political, familial, or simply who we choose to associate with as friends.

Stafford has made great strides to show England our commitment to our citizens, and our country. We will continue to do so this term, as we have the last. Through strengthening our communities, clarifying our laws further, and even in banding together in our newest challenge of constructing a port.

Do not lose hope, people. I have faith that we will overcome the tribulations that may plague us. We, Stafford, are a proud people. We will rise from the ashes despite the terrorism we have encountered the last few weeks with the illegal revolts in Birmingham, Coventry, and the attempted revolt in Lichfield. Our people will work together to defend our homes while helping our neighbors.

The County of Stafford will thrive with your commitment, loyalty, and hard work whether it be in the mines, forests, or in the harbor construction. Let us work together to make history with the construction of the first small harbor across the world in our own town of Derby.

Now without further ado, please help me welcome, Stafford Council XVI, individuals from different political parties working for the betterment of Stafford.

Arthur_loxley (Count)
Girls8539 (Spokesperson)
Rainchaser77 (Public Prosecutor)
TheRedChef (Judge)
Dewaugh
Regnavats (Captain)
Telcara (Sergeant)
Anonymoose
Teh_uberness (Constable)
Slon (Mines Superintendent)
Lynna (Trade Minister)
Gawain59 (Sheriff)

Arthur placed his hand on his heart, looking out to the people gathered, and took the oath of office.

Oath of Office wrote:I, Arthur Loxley Tudor, councilor of Stafford Council, promise to:
- Uphold the laws of the County;
- Fulfill the duties of my office;
- Swear fealty to the Duchy of Stafford;

I understand that failing to uphold the promises in this Oath may result in criminal charges being pursued.

He looks back to see the other councilors behind him, and states for the gathered citizens to hear. Spokesperson Girls8539, please step forward and accept the oath of office:

Code:
I, ______, councilor of Stafford Council, promise to:

I understand that failing to uphold the promises in this Oath may result in criminal charges being pursued.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

[RP] Stafford County XVI Presents... Empty Re: [RP] Stafford County XVI Presents...

Girls8539 wrote:Girls stands from her seat in the front row, not really sure why she was so nervous the last time she did this. She smooths the front of her dress, stands with pride, and steps forward.

Placing her hand over her heart, Girls speaks out in a loud clear voice.

I, Girls8539, councilor of Stafford Council, promise to:

Stepping to the side, Girls makes room for her fellow councilors.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

[RP] Stafford County XVI Presents... Empty Re: [RP] Stafford County XVI Presents...

Lady_karla wrote:I am a bit nervous, never having been invited to a Council Inauguration Ceremony. I sit and listen to Arthur speak. I must agree that the petty bickering and mudslinging of the past term need to stop. It is not productive for our county nor her people to air such petty insignificances as failing to file a report. It angers me to know that the person bringing the charges admitted their own guilt of the same offense, yet did nothing to punish themselves. Shuddering in anger, I take a deep breath to calm myself. I listen intently as Arthur encourages us all to band together to improve the county and her standing in all of England. I smile as he says his oath, then calls for the other members of the council to give theirs. I beam with familial pride as my sister stands to take her oath in front of all those gathered. Girls has just found us and her dedication to the people of Derby and of Stafford County is a grand example I hope to be able to follow. I wish to make my family proud, and my town and county prosper. I bite my lip gently hoping I have done so, so far.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lynna wrote:The beginning of another council term in Stafford, with her husband once again chosen by the new council to represent and lead Stafford as Duke. She was proud of her husband, not only did she love him deeply, he was a wonderful father to William a loving and caring husband to her, she admired him and was there for him as he was for her. They are a strong family and protected their own, her own determination instilled as a child from watching her family and brothers.

She left him in his office preparing for the speech he was going to give, she watched and waited until he came out. Smiling proudly at him as he approached she gave him a playful wink as he made his way out to the balcony. Her heart tugged a little as he mentioned some of the things they are talked about in the comfort and loving surroundings of their home.

Looking out to the people gathered, her focus then came back as Girls stepped up to take the oath.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:36 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:
Girls8539 wrote:Girls stands from her seat in the front row, not really sure why she was so nervous the last time she did this. She smooths the front of her dress, stands with pride, and steps forward.

Placing her hand over her heart, Girls speaks out in a loud clear voice.

I, Girls8539, councilor of Stafford Council, promise to:

Stepping to the side, Girls makes room for her fellow councilors.

Thank you for your pledge and dedication to the county. Arthur stated as he smiled at her, motioning her to take her seat. He called the next councilor to take their oath. Public Prosecutor, Lorraine Stewart, please step forward and accept the oath of office:

Code:

arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Rainchaser77 wrote:It's a wonderful speech. She's sure some are going to take it as pure politicking, but she had seen Arthur take on more for the county than nearly anyone else. She had been hearing rumors about what "everyone" had been saying--some things she had once believed about Arthur herself. But he'd proven her wrong. They'd worked together for too long for her to believe the petty accusations. Stafford will thrive--that's all that matters. A smile lights her face as she applauds at the end of the speech.

Arthur and Girls take their oaths and Rain waits patiently until she hears her own name, her full name sounding strange to her ears coming from someone she knows well. She stands tall, surreptitiously tugging her skirts out of the way and managing not to stumble, trip or fall and repeats the oath.

"I, Lorraine Elizabeth Stewart, councilor of Stafford Council, promise to:

I understand that failing to uphold the promises in this Oath may result in criminal charges being pursued."
She smiles and steps aside, musing a little on the strangeness of giving an oath for what she's always done.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:
Rainchaser77 wrote:It's a wonderful speech. She's sure some are going to take it as pure politicking, but she had seen Arthur take on more for the county than nearly anyone else. She had been hearing rumors about what "everyone" had been saying--some things she had once believed about Arthur herself. But he'd proven her wrong. They'd worked together for too long for her to believe the petty accusations. Stafford will thrive--that's all that matters. A smile lights her face as she applauds at the end of the speech.

Arthur and Girls take their oaths and Rain waits patiently until she hears her own name, her full name sounding strange to her ears coming from someone she knows well. She stands tall, surreptitiously tugging her skirts out of the way and managing not to stumble, trip or fall and repeats the oath.

"I, Lorraine Elizabeth Stewart, councilor of Stafford Council, promise to:

I understand that failing to uphold the promises in this Oath may result in criminal charges being pursued."
She smiles and steps aside, musing a little on the strangeness of giving an oath for what she's always done.

Thank you, Rain, for your pledge and dedication to the county. He smiled, watching her step to the side. He looked out to the gathered crowd below, then called the next councilor to take their oath. Judge TheRedChef, please step forward and accept the oath of office:

Code:

arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Rhenova wrote:Rhen walks into the back of the room disguised by his week ridden illness that befell upon him. Was it fate that let him live or was it hope? No one will ever know. He then took a seat behind Karla, so that she would not know it was him. He wished for her not to see him at the present time but to see her was all he needed.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:37 pm

TheRedChef wrote:The Red, somber in his robes of office, steps forward and recites the oath,

I, The Red Chef, Judge of Stafford, promise to:

arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:37 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:
TheRedChef wrote:The Red, somber in his robes of office, steps forward and recites the oath,

I, The Red Chef, Judge of Stafford, promise to:

Arthur acknowledged the oath taken by TheRedChef by a nod of his head. He waited until he sat down next to the others, then called the next councilor forward. Councilor Dewaugh, please step forward and accept the oath of office:
Code:

arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:44 pm

Dewaugh wrote:I step onto the balcony wearing my Parade Uniform and quickly march towards the Duke , I stop in front of him and turn to face him

I throw a perfect salute to my Commander & Chief and then turn and face the Audienence , who I salute .

In a loud clear voice , I recite the Oath .

"I, Henry Dewaugh, councilor of Stafford Council, promise to:

" Long live the Duke and long live Stafford County"I quickly yell

I then Salute the crowd once more , turn to face the Duke whom I salute and quickly march in double time off the balcony
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:45 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:
Dewaugh wrote:I step onto the balcony wearing my Parade Uniform and quickly march towards the Duke , I stop in front of him and turn to face him

I throw a perfect salute to my Commander & Chief and then turn and face the Audienence , who I salute .

In a loud clear voice , I recite the Oath .

"I, Henry Dewaugh, councilor of Stafford Council, promise to:

" Long live the Duke and long live Stafford County"I quickly yell

I then Salute the crowd once more , turn to face the Duke whom I salute and quickly march in double time off the balcony

He couldn't help but chuckle. Dewaugh wasn't in a military role, but he was still saluting him as such. He motioned Dewaugh to not salute, then waited as he made his way off the balcony. He looked to the next councilor, Captain Regnavats, please step forward and accept the oath of office:

arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Regnavats wrote:Regnavats heard his name called and rose slowly from the bench. Having sat and listened first to the Duke, and then the other 4 Councilors make their oath of office, he now felt slightly light-headed that it was his turn. He had been practicing the oath all day, going over it, again and again in his head. After all it was his first time in Council, and he wanted to make sure everything went well.

Walking steadily to the front he turned and faced the audience, took one final breath and started.....

I, Regnavats, Lord of Gausel, Captain of the Stafford Guard and councilor of Stafford Council, promise to:

Finishing with a small grin on his face, knowing that the practice had been worth it, he walks quickly back to his seat to remove himself from the limelight.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:
Regnavats wrote:Regnavats heard his name called and rose slowly from the bench. Having sat and listened first to the Duke, and then the other 4 Councilors make their oath of office, he now felt slightly light-headed that it was his turn. He had been practicing the oath all day, going over it, again and again in his head. After all it was his first time in Council, and he wanted to make sure everything went well.

Walking steadily to the front he turned and faced the audience, took one final breath and started.....

I, Regnavats, Lord of Gausel, Captain of the Stafford Guard and councilor of Stafford Council, promise to:

Finishing with a small grin on his face, knowing that the practice had been worth it, he walks quickly back to his seat to remove himself from the limelight.

Thank you, Sir. He watched as he walked back to take his seat. He paused a moment, looked out into the crowd, seeing how many had gathered. He looked back to where the councilors were seated, and called forward the next councilor. Sergeant Telcara, please step forward and accept the oath of office:

arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Telcara wrote:Telcara twitched as she hadn't realized it was her turn next. She cleared her throat before saying the oath

"I, Telcara , councilor of Stafford Council, promise to:

arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:46 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:
Telcara wrote:Telcara twitched as she hadn't realized it was her turn next. She cleared her throat before saying the oath

"I, Telcara , councilor of Stafford Council, promise to:

Thank you, He nodded acknowledging her oath. He watched as she made her way back to her seat near the other councilors. Councilor Anonymoose, please step forward and accept the oath of office:

arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Anonymoose wrote:Anonymoose approached the Duke with a smile and proudly proclaimed:

"I, Anonymoose, councilor of Stafford Council, promise to:

She gave his Dukeness a quick curtsey and ducked back into the crowd of councillors.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:
Anonymoose wrote:Anonymoose approached the Duke with a smile and proudly proclaimed:

"I, Anonymoose, councilor of Stafford Council, promise to:

She gave his Dukeness a quick curtsey and ducked back into the crowd of councillors.

Thank you! Moosie had came up to take the oath in front of the crowd with a broad smile. He returned her smile and listened as she took the oath. He nodded to her as she joined the rest of the councilors. He looked to the next councilor and called him forward. Constable Thane Roberts, please step forward and accept the oath of office:

arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Teh_uberness wrote:"I, Thane Roberts, councilor of Stafford Council, promise to:

arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:
Teh_uberness wrote:"I, Thane Roberts, councilor of Stafford Council, promise to:

Thank you, Sir. He watched as Thane took his seat next to the other councilors then called forward the next councilor. Mines Superintendant Slon, please step forward and accept the oath of office:

arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Slon wrote:I, Slon, councilor of Stafford Council, promise to:

arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:
Slon wrote:I, Slon, councilor of Stafford Council, promise to:

Thank you, Slon. He watched as he stood next to the others and motioned for the next councilor to step forward. Trade Minister Lynna, please step forward and accept the oath of office:

Code:

arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:47 pm

Lynna wrote:Lynna had been waiting for her Husband to call her forward, she had so much on her mind of late but her duty has always been for Stafford, she didn't hesitate when asked to take the oath. She smiled at her Husband as she made her way to through to the balcony. Looking out to the few that gathered she spoke,

"I, Lynna Hohenzollern von Liechtenstein Tudor, councilor of Stafford Council, promise to
Uphold the laws of the County;
Fulfill the duties of my office;
Swear fealty to the Duchy of Stafford;

arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:
Lynna wrote:Lynna had been waiting for her Husband to call her forward, she had so much on her mind of late but her duty has always been for Stafford, she didn't hesitate when asked to take the oath. She smiled at her Husband as she made her way to through to the balcony. Looking out to the few that gathered she spoke,

"I, Lynna Hohenzollern von Liechtenstein Tudor, councilor of Stafford Council, promise to

Thank you. He winked at her. He watched as she stood behind him, and offered his hand behind him as reassurance that things would get better. He called the next councilor forward, Sheriff Gawain, please step forward and accept the oath of office:

arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Gawain59 wrote:Gawain smiled and bowed respectfully as he approached Arthur, then stepped forward to face the crowd to proclaim the oath without hesitation:

"I, Father Gawain Williams, councilor of Stafford Council, promise to

Gawain then rejoins his fellow councilors.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next