Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wharton's Lock

3 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Wharton's Lock - Page 2 Empty Re: Wharton's Lock

Post  Admin Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:14 pm

Icy_flames wrote:
Ahh, the familiar salty smell of the of the sea was all too comforting this early in the morning. Taking morning walks along the beach was extremely refreshing. A cluster of bird started to head his way from a short distance ahead of him. They were coming fast and for some reason seemed angry.. Why would birds be angry at me?? Quickly the bird were swarming around him screeching loudly. The noise was nearly deafening as it kept getting louder and louder. What did I get myself into??...You Bitch they screamed!

Icy awoke from his nightmare to hear screaming coming from outside the window. He was groggy from the night before at the Stumble Inn. His system was not used to the fine. Darting to the window to look below, he saw his house guests laying at the backdoor step of the kitchen. Cecily holding Grendell's lifeless bloody body.

His head pounding as he grabbed a dagger on the night stand and bounded down the Half dressed. She was beyond sobbing at this point. Just holding his body tightly while she gazed into woods. Her entire body shaking from rage, remorse and abandonment. The thought of losing someone you love so dear twice is so little time can be crippling.

Peeling her fingers from his lifeless body was not an easy task. After sometime he was able to release her grip and pick her up. To the den with her so that she could regain herself. Calling for his caretaker Sylvia, he as her to tend to Cecily and clean her up. Fetch her some clean clothes and water too please. Sylvia went from her usual stern face to a tender softness that was welcomed at this hard time.

Icy grabbed a bag and a blanket before going out to examine the body for any clues. Death was nothing new to Icy. He always had a way of finding its way back into his life time and time again. No one around him ever seemed immune from its clutches. He checked Gren's body for valuables, but found nothing. No locket, no wedding band, not even an a dagger to defend himself. He must have only come down for breakfast since there was a half eaten able near him. Removing the bolts from his chest made sickening cracking sounds as his ribs broke under the reverse pressure. These were mean looking bolts that had easily pierced his unarmored chest. Using the blanket, he rolled up his body and carried the former Duke inside making sure not to let Cecily see him.

A messenger was sent to summon the king's men to appraise the situation. Sylvia had attempted to clean Cecily up, but there was no dealing with her in this state.

After they arrived to interview Cecily, it was time to gather up our gear to start the hunt. Icy send another messenger to the Chester Bowmen to for Chief Marshall Reef to rally a party together to track Myfawny down.

Sir, I want one good archer with me and Cecily, the rest I want to meet up with the CB patrol. We can use the main party to flush her out.

Admin
Admin

http://rkalternative.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:15 pm

---fromENCeltic Dragon wrote:The ringing of hammer on hot iron fills my ears, not that I really notice it much anymore. "Almost got another set of knives ready for market. Hope that......." My thought is interupted as an out of breath messanger bursts throught the door.

"Celtic, the Bowmen are to gather right away, as per Icy. Meeting in the normal spot!" the last word barely from his mouth, and he is off again.

"By Jah, this can't be good" I muse as I grab my gear and break for the door myself, "I wonder what has happened this time!"

I bolt out into the morning light, heading for the rendevous site.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MackenzieGael Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:15 pm

"Yah! Yah!"

Mac stood in the middle of a sandy plot of land behind her bakers shop, a long light piece of rope extending from her outstretched hand to the tall black stallion loping gently at the other end. She was lost in thought, her eyes fastened on the thick muscle moving delicately under his velvety skin. This was peace, tranquility and heaven rolled into one sunny day.

She stopped turning with him for a moment, and held the lunge line over her head so Crusher could continue his path. Something wasn't right. There was the sounds of two gaits in her ear, Crushers and another that was becoming louder and louder.

"Whoa boy!" She called, the stallion slowing to a walk and approaching her, tossing his head friskily. She placed a hand on his forehead, her eyes frantically scanning the horizon for the other rider. Who would be traveling at such a neck breaking speed?! Suddenly a small flash of red caught her eye and she stood frozen to the ground, her head filled with the 3 beat gait of the chestnut horse galloping toward her. Something was wrong. Very wrong.

When the small boy, nay child slid the lathered horse to a stop before her and breathlessly handed her a crumbled note she took it with a shaky hand. Opening it up her eyes widened at the three words blurred on the parchment.

Gren. Dead. Holywell

Taking a deep breath she held back the emotions that swelled to the surface and crumbled the paper in her fist. She must get there, and quick. Not for or because of Gren, but for Ceci.

"Aye Laddie, Thank you for your quick ride" Reaching up she pulled him from the back of the horse and pressed a couple of coins in his hand. "Now you take that poor beastie there, unsaddle him, rub him down and walk him until nightfall"

Turning abruptly she threw the lunge over a post and strode purposely into the apartment over her bakery. Grabbing the satchel from under her bed she dumped a change of clothes and some bread in it, donned her black cloak and walked back out the door. Stopping in mid-tracks she retraced her steps and slid her hands under the weight of the down mattress and drew out a beautifully balanced dagger with dragon etchings along the hilt. Smiling she slid it into her waistband and ran out to saddle Crusher. In mere moment she was flat against his back, dirt flying behind them as they raced in a gallop westward.
MackenzieGael
MackenzieGael
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Reefmcschmokin wrote:Upon recieving a rather cryptic message from his captain, Reef gathered his sword and shield and sprinted towards the barracks. Half way there he began to worry. I do hope our recent peace and minimal military activity does not lead to a slow reaction. He shook off the concern, and continued as quickly as possible.

When Reef approached the Barracks he heard through the doorway the familiar sound of his fellow Bowmen shuffling about, and discussing the most recent gossip. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary which could only mean that none of the others were aware of a problem. Well... I'll need to get their attention...

The barrack doors burst open!!

"CHESTER BOWMEN LINE UP! Orders issued by Captain Flames indicate that we are to set out on a hunt... A manhunt, or, more appropriately, woman-hunt. Details will be given upon arrival.
All able Bowmen are to meet at Icy_Flames' manor. He requires one archer to report to him directly. The rest are to meet on the road. Please keep off the Captains property for the time being, as there may be an investigation in progress.
That is all the information I have for now. Gather your things and head out!"

The barracks became a behive of activity as the troops strapped on their gear.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

---fromENslater19 wrote:Slater is on his way back to the barracks when he sees his fellow bowmen Reef and Celtic sprint by him. I wonder whats going on, well I guess I better get back to the barracks. Upon getting to the barracks Slater hears Reef's orders and immediatly grabs his gear and heads out ot the rendevous spot, he thinks to himself, this can't be good.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:16 pm

---fromENslater19 wrote:Slater is on his way back to the barracks when he sees his fellow bowmen Reef and Celtic sprint by him. I wonder whats going on, well I guess I better get back to the barracks. Upon getting to the barracks Slater hears Reef's orders and immediatly grabs his gear and heads out ot the rendevous spot, he thinks to himself, this can't be good.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:16 pm

---fromENCeltic Dragon wrote:Seeing that the men will still be a few minutes grouping up, I catch Reef's eyes. He nods, and I turn for the door. I now have to get to Icy's manor, while he forms the troops up.

I sprint up the road to Mac's place, to borrow one of her horses. I have a feeling that she will already be gone, and that she won't mind me using one of her fine animals. They are after all the fastest in the county.

I grab Storm, and throw the saddle on. I point Storm's head in the direction of Holywell. "This is going to cost me a month's worth of ferrering her horses!!......speaking of which, I wonder where Crusher is.......oh!" The sudden realization hits me that Mac has taken Crusher... "That crazy wench!! That stallion is only half broken in, but if anyone can ride him like that, it'll be 'er." A little grin cracks my lips at that thought.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecilywolfe Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:16 pm

Cecilywolfe wrote:She came back downstairs, clothes changed, her face washed but still splotched red from crying. "I know how we can get her," she said calmly and sat down across from Icy to explain her plan. Bowmen came into the room periodically to confirm orders. She paused waiting for them to leave before continuing. "I need to go see if she will be willing to help. If she is willing, where will we meet?"

Icy described an area just out of town that was vaguely familiar to Cecily. "I pray this works," she said as she left the house. Just outside she stopped a young Bowmen and whispered an instruction in his ear. "Yes, ma'am. No problem."

The streets seemed deceptively calm. She walked the short distance to Fugue's house, unable to shake the feeling that she was being followed. A chill passed through her as she realized that being followed was exactly what she needed to happen.

Fugue greeted her at the door with a hug. Hearing a familiar voice, Frey peeked out from around the corner, Gryff in her arms. The ladies stared at Cecily in horror as she recounted the story, having to stop frequently to keep from crying.

"Frey, I need you to do something for me. I'm afraid it will be our only chance to catch Myfanwy."

Frey turned ghostly pale as Cecily told her the plan. "I don't know if I can," she stuttered. "What about Gryff?"

"None of us will ever be safe if we do not catch her. I'm sure Fugue will take good care of Gryff until we get back."

Slowly, Frey nodded in assent.

"An hour before sundown." Cecily confirmed. "We'll be ready." Even as she assured Frey that everything would work out, Cecily had her doubts. She walked back to Icy's playing the plan through her mind, hoping she had thought of everything, afraid that she hadn't.

Wharton's Lock - Page 2 CecilySorrowDuchess
Cecilywolfe
Cecilywolfe
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:19 pm

Reefmcschmokin wrote:Reef arrived at the estate to find Slater who informed him that Celtic was already up in the manor talking to the Captain.

"A terrible event," Slater said, "Grendell is dead... Murdered!"

"And our orders?" Reef asked with sudden fear.

"Triple patroll around Hollywell. They've got some other plan in action I'm sure, but we are just to watch the perimeter."

Reef looked around suspiciously, "Who is the fugitive suspect?"

"Myfanwy..."

At least there was a reason he was feeling this fear, but this was no time to show it. "No time to delay then. Hopefully we catch her soon." Reef passed the orders to the Bowmen on the street. He started off to the south to start the patroll, but stopped and turned back to Slater, "Good luck," he said with a proud smile, "Call for me if you need my help."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fugue wrote:After shutting the door on Cecily, Fugue hugs Frey.

You will have enough to do without worrying about this little fellow, she laughs as Gryff launches himself into her arms. We've gotten to know each other quite well by now.

He will be safe here and I can be the one worrying. For once you will be able to do something.

Now let's get some food into you so you'll have the strength you'll need. She passes Gryff back to Frey's arms where he laughs and pats his mother's cheek. And we'll stay calm so that he will be.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

---fromENslater19 wrote:Upon passing the orders on to Reef, Slater heads out on patrol. Before leaving he says, Good Luck. The streets were quiet almost too quiet, and Slater felt like at any moment all hell would break loose, but for now he just continued his patrol. Slater then thinks to himself, I can't beleive Grendell is dead, we've got ot find her!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:20 pm

Icy_flames wrote:Some Bowmen rally at the Icy's manor. Giving them directions to patrol the town.

Please post your whereabout at the Barracks so reinforcements know where to meet up with current patrols. It will take a little time for members from Beeston and Chester to arrive. Check all the back alley ways. Myfawny is a very dangerous women. Check back to the Barracks ever two hours to verify any new orders. I am taking one of the King's archers with me to catch up with the Duchess. I should not have let her go to alone.

Icy's head still banging from the night before, he strapped on his gear for the day's escapades. Seeing her skills with the crossbow, his shield would be useless today. A dagger on each thigh, mace hanging from his belt, and sword strapped to his back he headed out the door with one of the King's archers named Ahab to meet up with Cecily.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecilywolfe Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:20 pm

Cecilywolfe wrote:Frey sat at Fugue's desk and stared at the blank sheet of paper. Her hand trembled and she wondered how she would ever get the words on paper and what words to use. Gryff babbled happily on the floor, distracting her further. 'Oh gods,' she thought. 'How am I going to do this?'

Pen in hand, she held her right hand with her left to steady it as she began to write.

My Wife, my Lover,
I have heard what happened and I know that they are after you. I cannot bear to live without you; we can still get away. I know you are watching me, I can feel your presence in my soul. Come away with me.
All of my heart,
Freya

She read over the letter again, its words ringing true. How was she going to live without her? Maybe they could get away? Visions of Myfawny, crazed, blood dripping from her glass-filled arm flashed before her. She touched her eye gently. The bruising had faded from dark black to a dull yellow. 'Impossible,' she frowned as she dusted the paper with sand before folding it and slipping it in her pocket.

"It's time," she told Fugue sadly. "Take care of my son." She tucked a pillow under her jacket and paused for a moment at the door, collecting herself before going out.

Outside, Frey looked up and down the street wondering where Myfanwy was hiding - knowing that she was watching. She pulled her jacket about her with one hand making it look like she was adjusting Gryff's weight and set off toward the market.

Cecilywolfe
Cecilywolfe
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  MackenzieGael Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:21 pm

Both horse and rider were drenched in sweat and breathing hard when Holywell came into view. Mac pulled Crusher down to a walk, her hand reaching down to pat his sweaty neck as she spoke soothingly to him. They'd rode hard all day, stopping periodically for breaks and once for a small rest, but they were still exhausted. Bone tired even.

Trodding into town, the sun halfway down the sky, she sat taller in her saddle glancing around at the people milling about and whispering. The news must have spread like wildfire through the town. "Poor Ceci," she muttered, "I wonder where she is."

Crusher suddenly threw his head in the air, ears pricked forward and snorted at a group of horses tied outside a building. Perhaps this was the barracks. It was a shame she was coming to Holywell for the first time under such rushed conditions, it looked to be a nice and quaint town.

"Excuse me!", she called to a young man coming out of the building. He was in uniform so must be a Chester bowman, but one she did not recognize. "Can you tell me where I might find the Lady Cecily, or point me in the direction of Icy's house?"
MackenzieGael
MackenzieGael
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:21 pm

Reefmcschmokin wrote:While patrolling the perimeter of town, Reef rounded the barracks to find a beautiful stranger on a horse. Reef was not distracted by her beauty, however, it was the condition of the horse and rider that caught his eye.

"Excuse me!", she called to a young man coming out of the building. He was in uniform so must be a Chester bowman, but one she did not recognize. "Can you tell me where I might find the Lady Cecily, or point me in the direction of Icy's house?"

"Of course, my lady. I'm not sure where Lady Cecily can be found, but" Reef gestured in the direction of the Mayors manor, "Make a right on Strand Walk up the street there, and you'll find Mayor Flames' manor. It'll be hard to miss... Look for the estate with all the Chester Bowmen out front." Reef displayed concern, "But please ma'am, be very careful. I'm sure you understand the circumstances." He let out a deep unnerving breath, "Just.....keep an eye out."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecilywolfe Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:22 pm

Cecilywolfe wrote:Cecily met Icy on the road in front of his house. "She agreed," Cecily responded to Icy's inquiring look. "Get the others ready to go, I'll meet you downstairs in ten minutes."

Icy began to protest. "Icy, I got Freya into this and I won't ask her to do something I am not willing to do. I am going and that's final."

On her way inside, she looked for the Bowman she'd talked to earlier that morning. Catching her eye, he walked towards her and muttered something as he walked past. She nodded subtly and continued into the house.

Cecilywolfe
Cecilywolfe
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  MackenzieGael Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:22 pm

With a strained smile Mac nodded to the bowmen, her hand sliding up to her hip, reassured by the pressure of the dagger there and the one tied around her left knee.
"Aye, thank you kindly sir! I shall be careful."

She clucked to Crusher, lifting the reins and turning his head in the direction of mayor Icyflame's house. Approaching the estate from the south she was met by a group of bowmen who immediately stood at arms. They were fidgety and too quick to arm, spooked was a good word, but that was dangerous for herself. Anxious men made careless mistakes. She stopped Crusher and crossed her hands over the saddle, her eyes scanning the area, quickly taking in everything.

"I am Fletcher Fraser of the Chester Bowmen, arrived immediately from Beeston. May I inquire where to find the Captain?" She spoke, her voice sounding more firm and slick with authority than she felt at the moment.
MackenzieGael
MackenzieGael
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:22 pm

Reefmcschmokin wrote:He continued his patroll up High Street. Reef began to doubt, 'How do I approach her, what could I do?' Visions of fear flashed behind his eyes; steel, and blood; teeth, and claws. The cold made him shiver terribly.

Reef walked on, keeping a keen eye on the brush and wood. Hours have passed since he was called to this search, and still no sign. St. Winefride's Stood in the distnace as he turned down Well Street; a beacon of hope on this terrible day. 'Jah,' he thought to himself, 'if I could ever use your help it would be ---' Sudden movement on the east wall of the church interupted his thought. He quickly moved down the street keeping his eyes peeled on the spot.

When he approached he saw nothing... at first. Then a pair of eyes opened in the shadow of the bushes, and Reef froze with fear. He tried to gather some words, but they would not come. Without losing eye contact he lowered his shield to the ground, 'why did I even bother with this,' he thought to himself. Reef began to draw his sword, but hesitated.

SWISHHH!

"She's still armed!!!" Reef yelled out. The shadow broke from the bushes and sprinted east into the wood. Reef drew his sword and began persuit. Any fear that previously existed turned into rage.

After dodging trees and leaping over bushes, Reef suddenly stepped out into a wheat field. The open landscape offered him an oportunity to catch his breath and search with his eyes. 'This is Boleslaw's land,' he thought, 'That means Icy and the Bowmen are over ---' Reef turned to the south, took a deap breath, and cupped his hands around his mouth.

ICY, BOWMEN, ANYONE!!!!! SHE'S AT BOLESLAW'S!

The fugitive leapt from the field and continued running east, but much slower. Reef could see that she had sustained injury at some point. This chase was coming to an end. Reef called out again.

HEADING EAST!!!

Reef continued persuit, but chose to error on the side of safety and wait for the others to finally bring her down. 'At this point we're just tracking a wounded deer.' That thought was not a pleasent thought, rather a sad realization.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecilywolfe Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:23 pm

Cecilywolfe wrote:She splashed the cold water over her face and braced her hands on the table, trying to keep herself together. With a deep sigh, she pushed her emotions down, threw her shoulders back and marched back downstairs. The figure she saw at the base of the stairs threatened to make her lose her composure.

Mac smiled warmly at her and Cecily could feel the tears pricking at her eyes. All she wanted to do was throw herself into her friend's arms and break down. Keep it together, keep it together, she told herself.

"You heard," Cecily stated softly. "Come with us, we'll talk later. Was Icy outside?"

Taking Mac by the elbow she pushed outside to find Icy.

"It's time," she told him. "Get the others."

Cecilywolfe
Cecilywolfe
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecilywolfe Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:23 pm

Cecilywolfe wrote:Frey walked towards the market. One arm held up the form of a child under her coat, the other hand clutched a crumpled note in her pocket. She looked over her shoulder but saw only unfamiliar faces behind her.

How can I do this....when should I do this.... Her hand closed and relaxed around the scrap of paper.

She glanced over her shoulder again. Nobody was walking behind her. A couple of women were chatting farther down the road, but we paying her no attention. Please be watching....

Frey tripped and as she stumbled to right herself, dropped the note. Please be watching....

Cecilywolfe
Cecilywolfe
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:24 pm

---fromENslater19 wrote:Slater on the next street heard Reef scream. Rushing towards Boleslaw's house he could see a figure in the field, approaching it he thought, I hope I can do this. Getting closer he realized it was just Reef, Reef what's going on where did she go?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Reefmcschmokin wrote:Reef gestured towards the ground, "We follow the blood." Through the underbrush was a definite trail. "I think she snagged her foot when I chased her through the woods, and it's slowed her down quite a bit. She won't be running much farther." Reef looked over at his fellow marshall and smiled, "Thanks for coming. I don't think she wants to fight... I'm not even sure if she can at this point, but I didn't want to take her on alone either way."

The blood trail led northeast, and the two began to follow it. The fugitive was not far ahead.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

---fromENslater19 wrote:When Slater got to Reef he showed him the blood trail, the two followeed the trail northeast. It was a relief to have company the patrol had been a trying experience with Slater's mind drfitng between concentration and fear. Suddenly the two bowmen heard something in the brush just off the trail Slater thought to himself, Could it be her? They both looked at each other and knew what they had to do, Let's check it out, together.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MackenzieGael Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:24 pm

Upon hearing her name the Bowmen stood down, but did not offer any further information. They shrugged and mumbled in regards to Icy's whereabouts, receding to the corner of the house to talk amongst themselves and further speculate on upcoming actions. Or so she assumed. Frustrated she slid off Crushers back, patting his head affectionately and leading him around the back of the house to the stables. A young boy, probably preteens with shaggy red hair stepped sleepily from the building, extending his hands for the reins.

"Please, loosen his saddle and continue walking him, and no water of food! I will be back"

Turning quickly she strode toward the house, and threw open the door, ready to search the entire place for someone who could give her answers. She stopped short, however, seeing Cecily at the top of the stairs, face ashen except for bloodshot eyes. She could tell her friend was struggling to maintain her composure and smiled warmly.

You heard," Cecily stated softly. "Come with us, we'll talk later. Was Icy outside?"

Taking Mac by the elbow she pushed outside to find Icy.

"It's time," she told him. "Get the others."

Turning Mac pulled Cecily to her in a big hug. Despite her friends strength, she knew more couldn't hurt, and at the moment this was all she knew to do. Pulling back gazed at Ceci's face.

"I've got to go see to Crusher, he brought me here in record time and it's not fair to cast him off to a stable-boy. Would you like to come with me and... talk?"
MackenzieGael
MackenzieGael
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

---fromENCeltic Dragon wrote:Upon hearing the cry for assistance, I turn abnd grab the two nearest Bowmen, "You two with me, the rest take up defensive postions around the manor!"

I start sprinting towards the sound of the shout, not looking back to see if orders were being followed, just knowing that they would be.

I slow down upon entering the undergrowth and tangle of the trees...... "Heck of a place for an ambush, but we have to ensure this area is clear.....Jah above I hope it is......"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next