Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Day to Remember

Go down

A Day to Remember Empty A Day to Remember

Post  Aasha Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:36 pm

Set in Ireland, this would be the first birthday Aasha has ever had as an adult.
22 March 1458

obli. wrote:Obli had spent several night up laboring over a borrowed forge. He'd dismantled his back in Corcaigh and had not recreated it yet. The special day had arrived. It was Aasha's 18th birthday.

He couldn't think of anything more fitting than to make her a new blade - one he hoped wouldn't be thrown at people - but would suffice for plenty of stabbing. The blade it self had taken two very hot evenings to make. Hours had ticked by unnoticed as he worked it into perfection. In his years as a blacksmith, Obli had picked up a new style of blade making - one that involved folding the steel on itself. The process was laborious, but the result spoke for itself. The blade was the strongest type he'd ever seen and able to hold the sharpest of edges. From the base of the hilt, the blade ran about 6 inches with a partial tang on the edges. As customary for his work, Obli ensured each side of the blade held a deadly sharp edge.

The hilt was a piece of art in and of itself. Several long evenings had passed as Obli formed the hilt. When he was finally satisfied that the length was perfect for her hand to fit between the hand guard and the flared pommel, Obli began the detailed part. Across one side of the hand guard Obli etched the words "My Heart", turning it over he imprinted "My Love". He carefully wrapped the grip in the finest leather he could find. In his finest penmanship, he burned the word "Eternally" on one side of the grip and "Yours" on the other. The hardest part had been finishing the pommel. Once he had shaped it, he enlisted the help of a local jeweler. Side-by-side the two worked diligently to seat the gems stones Obli had picked out weeks earlier. A matching pair of aquamarine, Aasha's birthstone, to be paired on either side with Obli's birthstone, the diamond. Once the stones were set, Obli stared at his craftsmanship that lay before him. Wiping the sweat from his forehead, he grinned. The final test would be Aasha not stabbing him for this.

In the morning, Obli applied a touch of oil to the blade, reviewing his work, and wrapped in carefully in the rest of the leather he had purchased for the grip. He hid the package on his person as they went about their day together. The anticipation building in him as the moments ticked past. When they finally stopped at a tavern, where he knew their friends could find them, he motioned to the bartender to bring them a bottle of whiskey and two glasses. Making sure to grab the bottle before Aasha could, he pours two glasses of whiskey with one hand, while bring the package from hiding and placing it on the table. taking a glass, he holds it up to Aasha and says,
"'Appy Birt'day Aash, meh loves ye. Not'in' ken make meh 'appier t'en bein' wit ye." He pats the leather wrapped package and grins at her.

Aayla wrote:It had been a very long time since Aayla had worked at any trade that wasn't fighting, so when she unpacked the small bundle of tailors tools that had sat untouched since long before the Cork War... it caused a frown to form on her face. She had acquired a nice sized piece of black leather, and had an idea for her friends gift. In the end it took three days and untold stab wounds in her fingers from the needles but the finished product was one she could be proud of. Cut to fit Aasha's form and with a few hidden 'extras' only someone like Aasha could appreciate the bodice was stunning. Heck... had it not been all the wrong size for Aayla she might have wanted it for herself. Wrapping it in a sickeningly sweet pink swatch of fabric she grinned mischievously, She couldn't wait to see the look on Aasha's face.

Dashing to the Tavern she arrived out of breath and grinning from ear to ear.

Aasha wrote:Obli had been acting curious all day. There wasn't anything she could pinpoint that told her something was up. Just a look here and there she'd caught when he thought she wasn't paying attention that made her want to all the more. Aasha was glad when they finally reached the tavern, her toe had started poking out the boot she refused to replace, and she was parched. An eyebrow went up when Obli grabbed the bottle before her, was he trying to get her drunk? She couldn't think of a reason, she'd not played any sort of pranks on him since the failed attempt at hide and seek.

Happy birt'd'y?
Aasha blinked, then looked from Obli to the package he'd laid before her. Birthdays had been meaningless for her since she'd gone to live with her uncle, her cousin sure as hell hadn't remembered them, and her uncle...he was too caught up with his own pain to think of anyone else. Obli? Ya gots me som'thin' fer my birt'd'y? She blinked again, not quite sure what to do. Grabbing for the glass of whiskey, she downs it without thinking, wincing when the taste burns down her throat. One of these days she was going to have to find something else to drink, something she actually liked the taste of. Of course, that meant admitting she didn't like the taste...maybe she'd just deal with the whiskey after all.

After catching her breath, she leaned forward and brushed her lips across his, still not touching the package. Tis the bes' birt'd'y I ev'r had, jus' bein' wit' ya makes it so. Ya dun gots ta gets me anythin' to be makin' it bett'r. Jus' you. She meant what she said, but couldn't contain her curiosity over the gift, he'd actually gotten her something! Aasha had barely reached out to pull it closer when Aayla ran into the tavern breathless. Her eyes were drawn to a bit of pink that kept flashing from behind the woman's back. Hells bells, did she know it was her birthday too? Her fingers lightly caressed the leather as she watched Aayla approach, waiting for a hole to open in the floor and swallow her whole.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

A Day to Remember Empty Re: A Day to Remember

Post  Aasha Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:41 pm

Aayla wrote:Aayla grinned, she was bouncing with excitement as she found her way over to the table. Pulling the package from behind her back with a flourish she set it down with a dramatic "Ta daaaa!" laughing she adds, "Happy Birthday!" and smiles wickedly. She knew the color of the package was going to get to Aasha, but really why pass up an opportunity for a bit of fun. Grabbing a nearby chair she settles in to watch Aasha suffer through the opening, a sidelong grin and wink cast to her brother who she'd filled in on the details of her present earlier.

Aasha wrote:It was a nightmare, Aasha recoiled from the package as if it would bite her. She wasn't exactly sure that it wouldn't. Why in the world would Aayla give her material in that horrible shade of pink? There wasn't enough money in the world to make her touch that, that thing. Unless Aayla wanted her to sew a gift for her? Would Aayla really wear that color?

Aasha looked from Aayla to Obli, then back to the package laying beneath her fingertips. Taking a deep breath and pasting a smile on her face for them both, she tried to hide her discomfort. There were so few times in her life she'd been given gifts, she wasn't quite sure how to respond. Tentatively unwrapping the leather, Aasha's eyes widened at what was revealed. She'd never seen a blade like it, not ever. And that said a lot, as Aasha was very into daggers. The girl lifted it from the leather, letting her fingers lightly trace the hilt, turning it this way and that, soaking up the details. Was this what he'd been doing for the past few nights? Not stolen, not borrowed, not even handed down from someone else, he had done this just for her. Aasha blinked back the moisture she could feel building behind her eyes, bringing her gaze up to his. Ya mades this fer me?

obli. wrote:Obli nodded as he met her gaze. "Aye, meh been werkin' on makin' a goo' blade like t'at fer a while. T'ey be useless ifn ye nay make t'em righ', but ifn ye get it righ' t'ey be sharp'r and strong'r t'en any blade meh e'er seen. T'ey be usin' it fer swords, 'tis jes' as goo' fer dag'ers." He smiled nervously, pointing to the base of the knife. "Meh ne'er put a gem in meh werk b'fer. 'Ad t' 'ave a jew'ler teach meh 'ow. 'Tis tricky. Meh be 'avin' more r'spect fer t'e ring mak'rs. He chuckled. He'd always seen them as weak blacksmiths. He had a whole new opinion now, especially after seeing Aasha's reaction. "'E 'elp'd meh find t'e gems too. T'ought a pair o' our birt'stones on each side be nice. Aquam'rine fer ye and di'mon' fer meh." He looked at her lovingly. "Jes' nay be t'rowin' it. Nay wants t'e gems fallin' out. 'Tis fine fer stabin' t'ough." He teased. He placed his hand on her forearm and rubbed her wrist with his thumb. He motioned to the bartender for another glass and refilled their cups, handing the new one to his sister.

Aasha wrote:He'd made this blade the same as how swords were made? Granted, Aasha knew little about making blades, using them was more her speed, but even she knew that a sword took a long time to make, and the blades on them were much sharper and more durable than the ones on daggers. She should know, she'd broken more than she cared to count. Aasha's fingertips were still exploring, lightly tracing the engraving on the hand guard. Her face flushed with pleasure as she silently sounded out the letters in her mind. Ya mades me a dagg'r ya dun gots ta be sharp'nin' fer me all the time? Is I tha' hard onna blades?

She meant to tease, more to keep from crying than anything else. Aasha wasn't sure it was being taken the right way though, not when she picked up on how nervous he looked. Her lips twitched, he was looking at her the same way she looked at the pink material from Aayla. Yet she'd not moved nearly close enough to bite him...yet... The girl couldn't help it, a giggle escaped before she could stifle the noise. Obli...I ain't nev'r had nothin' this nice 'fore. I ken nae see me throwin' it, ain't takin' no chance tha' som' fool git'd be ruinin' it. 'Sides, dun thinks som'one be 'prec'atin' gettin' stabb'd if'n they mess'd up som'thin' wha' means this much to me.

She listened as he talked of the jewels, not having the heart to tell him they were the least important aspect of the dagger to her. She loved the fact that he included both their birthstones...was she supposed to know she had a birthstone? Giving voice to her thoughts, she murmured; I...wit' this, I ken be carryin' a p'ece o' ya 'round wit' me. Som'thin' ya made jus' fer me...one I ain't borr'win' till ya asks fer i' backs. Her hand tightened upon the grip as she mumbled; Ya isna askin' fer i' backs is ya? Its re'lly mines ta keep?

Aasha was too excited to wait for an answer, letting her words ramble on unchecked. She laid her free hand over his on her wrist, smiling with unabashed delight. Its mor'n nice, its perf'ct. Thank ya Obli...nae jus' fer this...bu' fer ev'rythin'...

If Aayla hand't been sitting right beside them, Aasha would have shown Obli exactly how much she appreciated the gift. As it was, she contented herself with squeezing his hand, an unspoken promise shining in her eyes. They were still glittering with joy when she turned and held the dagger out to show Aayla, though her grip hadn't loosened enough for the other woman to actually take it from her. Her thoughts were a whirl, she would have to fashion some sort of sheath to carry it in. And where to carry it? Someplace safe, no matter what the circumstances. Didya sees Aayla? Obli made it fer me, I ain't nev'r had n'body makes me nothin'. Looks, he puts gems in't. Gots writin' o't too, here an' 'ere an'... Aasha blushed and went silent when she realized she was prattling on to Aayla about something she could see for herself.

Aayla wrote:Aayla had sat through the explanation, the surprise, the awe, and the astonishment and did her best to allow her brother and Aasha a moment to be all ... gooey... without making too many faces. The ones she did, were cleverly hidden behind downing the drink Obli had procured for her... and then stealing his. She nodded and looked appreciatively at the blade, which is to say she drooled and silently got a bit envious but smiled none the less. When Aasha had done showing her (again) what Obli had made she grinned at her friend. "Its perfect Aash, Me brother knows his work!" and with a laugh she nudged her gift towards Aasha, doing her best not-caring-oblivious-look-at-the-ceiling look. She knew her gift wouldn't be nearly as nice, but she enjoyed the dread she knew Aasha was getting from the pink wrappings.

obli. wrote:Obli's eyes lit up with Aasha's comments about the blade. Relief washed over him. He'd been fearful she would think it was too fancy for her or something. He grinned, remembering the knife he "lent" her. She still thought he was going to ask for it back. How adorable. No sense in correcting her, not now at least. "Aye, 'tis yers Aash. Meh ne'er be askin' fer it back frem ye." He chuckled softly. In the corner of his eye he watched his sister steal his drink. Shaking his head he refilled the glasses, making sure to keep his hand on his glass this time.

Aasha wrote:She felt like a little kid, oohing and awwing over a toy...though the dagger was so much better than a toy. Aasha couldn't get over that Obli had gone to so much time and effort for her birthday. Grinning impishly at Aayla, she leaned towards her and whispered; Its mines...an' ya knows wat'r ain't good fer a blade... She giggled and leaned back, hoping Aayla took it as the good natured teasing it was meant to be rather than stabbing her, she just hadn't been able to resist. Not when she was still fighting the impulse to show Obli how much she loved the dagger.

Reverently re wrapping the dagger, Aasha sighed. No way she was placing it into her pack. No telling what might happen to it...Aasha tucked the blade, wrapping and all into her blouse. It wasn't the most secure place to keep it, but at least it was close.

She was stalling, the atrocious wrapping not boding well for whatever Aayla picked out. It was with a relieved smile that she turned to Obli as he spoke. Constraint be damned, Aasha was still bouncing with joy over his present, and lost her battle with her impulses. One minute she was sitting on the chair beside him, the next she was in his lap, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him enthusiastically. I re'lly, re'lly loves it Obli.

Ugh, Aayla hadn't stabbed her yet, she was doing worse. The pink material came into view, a clear reminder that Obli wasn't the only one who'd gotten her something. Reluctantly unwinding her hands, Aasha gingerly picked up the package, testing the weight. Hells bells, if there was material wrapped inside this material, she would be using that dagger sooner than she planned. Aasha turned it over and unwrapped it, giving a relieved sigh when something black was uncovered. Black she could deal with, no matter what. Aasha pulled the material out, unfolding it carefully to reveal the gift. Oh...Aayla! Thats purty, an' ohhhhh... She'd found the hidden pockets with delight. Not one, but two gifts she would treasure always.

Aayla wrote:Aayla grinned, quickly moving the offensive material out off the table once Aasha was focused on her gift. No sense wasting the horrid pink fabric, she could use it to torment Aasha with next year...

"I'm glad ye like it Aash, figured ye'd like something like tha, since me skills aint much like me brothers." laughing softly she made a mock look of despair before sticking her tongue out at Obli. She had known no matter what she couldn't top his gift, but she was ok with a close second. "Happy birthday!" she grinned again raising her glass, "To the best friend a gal could'ave!"

obli. wrote:Obli's face showed alarm when Aasha jumped into his lap. It had been...the last thing he ever expected her to do? Yeah, the last thing on the list, right after telling Obli she wanted to have a baby. The list was of course the "Hell Freezes Over First" list. After this surprise, he thought he might as well warm Aayla up to the idea of babysitting - just in case. Auntie Aayla. Obli shuddered internally. He met each of her kisses with one of his own. Meh glads ye be likin' it. T'e blade 'as ne'er cut b'fer. Us'ally, meh tests t'em ou' firs' - nay fer t'is one. Save t'e firs' cut fer ye. 'Njoy it, meh love." He grinned at Aasha and turned toward his sister, glancing at her wrapped present in the horrid packaging. He grinned and winked at his sister, knowing full well the wrapping was done on purpose. It was a marvelous idea.

After Aasha unwrapped the present from Aayla, Obli's eyed the bodice with wonderment. His mind wandered, picturing Aasha wrapped delicately in such an amazing piece of workmanship - it was a delightful image, no doubt the real thing would be a thousand times better. With difficulty, Obli brought himself back to the present matters. Getting too daydreamy around Aayla and Aasha was dangerous - no telling what trouble they would get into and Obli wouldn't want to miss out on the fun. As Aasha found the hidden pockets Obli took note of a few that might hold the dagger perfectly. It was odd how this twin thing worked, neither had talked to the other about what they were getting Aasha, yet here was a dagger and a bodice with spots to hold daggers. Aasha would have the try it to be certain, but presumably some of the pockets would fit the new dagger perfectly.
"Sissy, 'tis beaut'ful, ye be doin' great werk." He smiled, content in the moment.

Aasha wrote:It hadn't been used, not even once yet? Aasha looked around the tavern in dismay. There was no one here she wanted to test it on...yet...though they'd not been here long. Surely she'd find someone who irritated her, or who she just didn't care about, to use it on eventually. Aasha grinned happily. I ken tests it, bu' nae yets. Dun worry Obli, I'll be enjoyin' the dagg'r, prolly soon'r than I plans.

Aasha brought her attention back to Aayla and the bodice she was still exploring. Yer skills is rights fine ta me...why wit' hidd'n pockets, I ken keeps my dagg'r close an'... She stopped her chatter to grin again, kissed Obli, then stood. I'll be backs soon...gots ta... Aasha's mind was going too fast, her words not keeping up. She headed to the back room of the tavern at a quick clip. After making sure the door was firmly closed, she removed the dagger, then her shirt. Unwrapping it, she fit it into one of the hidden enclosures, and slipped it on. It was extremely form fitting, and showed way more cleavage than she was used to, but it fit perfectly. Aayla had done a fine job without measuring, she would have to ask her the secret to that. Well...if she ever made anything besides sails.

Her lack of knowledge when it came to clothes showed, she had no idea that a bodice wasn't a stand alone garment, but was meant to be worn over something. Aasha returned to the table in her new clothing, holding her shirt and the material from the dagger in one hand. It was probably the most feminine thing she'd worn comfortably before, dresses just didn't count. Eying the twins at the table, eyes twinkling impishly, she slid back on Obli's lap. He wouldn't expect it and she had quite liked being that close, why deny herself the pleasure? Sos...wha' does ya thinks?

obli. wrote:Obli was caught completely off guard as Aasha returned from the backroom. He began to stammer nonsensically. He was by no means knowledgeable about women's fashion, but he was fairly certain a shirt was supposed to be worn underneath the bodice. He wasn't about to correct her - she looked delicious. Without realizing it, he suspected Aasha might be on the brink of a new fashion trend for women. Who could object to this!? His face reddened more as he repeatedly failed to regain his composure. My Jah, she was incredible. How she had picked to be with him, after undoubtedly more offers than one could imagine in a lifetime, was beyond him - but he couldn't be more pleased. "Ye be perf-, it be perf'c-, ye look gr'at!" He finally managed to exclaim.

Bloodwyvern wrote:Draco had never been one to enter normally... or arrive sober....or arrive on time... he was just generally useless. So of course he arrived drunk out of his mind, clutching at a bottle of whiskey. And entered by almost kicking the front door off its hinges stumbling slightly he staggered inside, a bit of the whiskey spilling on the floor unnoticed as he thrust the bottle up into the air, ignoring what was currently going on and deciding his random slurring was probally more important "'Appy bir-...b..Birthday aasha!" he smiled happy he was able to pronounce the word "I brought you shome... whishkey.. but..." he eyed the bottle that was now mostly empty "I think I may have Drank it..."
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:46 pm

Tasite wrote:As usual she was late but being that she really won't know anyone there but Aasha and Aayla, no one will know she late. Tasite dismounting her horse Wildfire then turn to retrieve the other rider and their gift. Smoothed out her black leather pants and green bustier first then doing the same for the other rider. Come lets surprise Aasha; she said as they made their way across the street to the tavern door.

Entering she keep her surprise hidden as she moved towards Aasha. Hello hun, Happy Birthday! Now here is your gift. When she see she had Aasha attention she smile and moved out the way to let her see Marius holding a gift and a huge grin on his face. Marius always love his Aasha and today wasn't any different. He ran to her and started talking. Happy Birstday, Here's your present...can I's have it; he says staring at his feet blushing red.

Tasite giggled waiting for her responses.

Aasha wrote:Seeing Obli lose his composure so completely brought matching color to Aasha's face. Apparently he liked the bodice as much as she did, though from his gaze, it was for entirely different reasons. Asaha brushed a light kiss across his chin before whispering; If'n ya keeps lookin' a' me tha' way, yer sist'r ain't gonna be likin' us none. Straightening, she winked suggestively then turned to take a sip from his cup, hers was still dry from earlier, thanks to that horrible pink material. Where had it gone to anyway? She had plans for it...oh well, she could pay Aayla back in other ways.

The thought had barely crossed her mind when there was a commotion at the door. Hells bells, had he told everyone it was her birthday? Draco?!? Damn, she'd not seen him since...well, it had been a while. He hadn't changed a bit, still staggering drunk and half crazy. Aasha giggled then rolled her eyes. Ya stole me some whisk'y an' drank it? An' how is tha' fer me then?

She was doubly glad to be on Obli's lap with the next entrance. Tasite approached, saying something about a present, then moved to reveal Marius. Her alone was fine, but did she have to bring spawn? Ya gots me som'thin' too? Ummm... Aasha wondered if she could make a deal, let Marius keep the package if he went to sit far, far away from her. Nice ta sees ya 'gain Tasty...an' looks...ya brung yer spaw...y'ungin'. If'n he's my gif'...umm... Aasha turned to Obli and whispered, louder than she intended; ...ken I gives 'im backs?

obli. wrote:Obli chuckled as she teased. She was right after all. Sissy was a good sport, but as with anyone could only take so much of the mushy stuff before it got to her. It sobered him up a bit as he focused on behaving. He was delighted as more people were showing up. Had that man really drank the whiskey he had stolen for Aasha's birthday present!? Obli laughed, it was too funny.

Obli paled as Tasite moved to the side, revealing a small boy. Obli grit his teeth and whispered under his breath to Aasha,
"Ye ne'er mention'd ye be havin' a kid...'tis nay pro'lem, jes'...surprisin'.." He hid is shock well, and smiled pleasantly at the boy.

Relief was obvious on Obli's face as she said it was Tasite's child. He almost missed Aasha's question as a result. He nodded in agreement subtly.

Aasha wrote:Aasha brought her attention back around to Marius, his grinning blushing continence doing nothing to ease her misgivings. He liked her, much to her dismay. She couldn't recall ever giving him a reason to, in fact had hidden from him and all the rest of the spawn at the Tudor estate more often than not. Of course, the little boogers seemed to find her no matter how well hidden she was. Better trackers than her, they were.

When Obli whispered in her ear, Aasha almost fell off his lap. There was no whisper involved, her shock was too great. Havin' a wha'? Tha' ain't my y'ungin'! She took her eyes off the sprog to look in disbelief at Obli, hoping it didn't prove to be a mistake. Had he lost his damn mind? Thinking it was her child...too much whiskey? Not enough? Aasha noticeably relaxed when he nodded in agreement, she could give him back.

Tasite wrote:Tasite was watching Aasha and her new friend Obli she thinks that what Aasha call him but wasn't sure she was watching her son and hoping Aasha would take the gift from his hand. What!! Marius a gift? Giggling.. No.. No, not him Aasha the box in his hand you mad woman;she said as she continue to laugh. Moving closer to Marius she whisper. Go on honey and hand her the box she wont bit I promise. then she gives him a little push in Aasha direction.

--Marius_ wrote:Marius hears "can I give him back and then seeing the man agreeing. Was Mama really giving him away to Aasha? He liked her a lot, she was fun. Always playing hide and seek with him...but he would miss his mama. MAMA; he yelled...I'm here honey don't worry no one is giving you away;she said "Go on honey and hand her the box she wont bit I promise." then she gives him a little push in Aasha direction. Giggling softly Marius looks at his mother and says Momma, I know she wont but me don't know about him. Then he pointed to Obli.

Bloodwyvern wrote:Draco swayed, squinting to stop the room spinning... which was more difficult than it sounded. He eyes the bottle and shrugged "I.. gotsh other shtuff!" he explaimed and after a few moments fumbling appeared with a hipflask. He tried to walk towards aasha but found that the floor was conspiring against him. he puzzled over the dilemma for a few moments and then decided that throwing it was the best option "Catch!" he shouted and threw the hipflask towards Aasha, hoping it wouldn't hit the small child that had just entered, at this point Draco decided to say hello to the floor... by falling into a table and sending it flying...

Tasite wrote:Tasite heard"Catch!" Just as she turned she saw a flask flying in the direction of her son and Aasha. What the hell! It was too late to do more than watch it sail over her son's head. Tasite turned in time to see the man fall onto a table, sending it flying then continuing his journey towards the floor. Good Jah man, can you not see? That was my son you almost hit you drunken moron! She continued to yell as she moved towards him, fully intending to box his ears.

Bloodwyvern wrote:Draco was happy with the floor when someone started shouting at him... slowly he stumbled to his feet, bleeding from the side of his head slightly after hitting the table. He eyed the approaching woman and swayed slightly. His Irish accent particularly strong due to the alcohol "but it didn't...hit him?" he gave the woman a half grin, not even thinking she'd attempt anything against him, he slipped his hand down next to his belt, which of course contained around 4 hipflasks, 3 daggers and his sword. He grabbed a hipflask and opened it taking a swig "Sho! allsh well!"

anto_capone wrote:Anto gets off his boat and joins in the fun!!

A Day to Remember Devil

Aayla wrote:With all the new arrivals, Aayla simply sat back with a grin and watched. Amused Marius she snickered softly but kept her distance, she'd met the lad on a trip to England and wasn't eager to garner any more attention from him if she could manage. Slipping away from the table she went in search of a bottle of something or another to quench her thirst. Making her way back over to the group she noticed Anto's arrival and grinned "Welcome Boss!" Grabbing a chair she sat back and popped the top on the bottle.

--Marius_ wrote:Marius was handing Aasha her gift when he saw the man getting to close to his mother. Turning he ran back to his mother and kick the man in the leg. With his finger out he yells; Stay way from my mama or I will haf ta run you truuue! Then he kick him again.

Tasite wrote:Tasite was bout to speak when she heard her son. She watch him try to defend his mother which made her smile until he kick the man then she laugh. Then she saw him put his hand on his belt and she continue to laugh. Was that for show are to scare little ole me.Either way I doubt you could lift your sword or daggers to do much harm right now. But from what I can see you got your flask down good. Then she saw the blood on the side of his head. Moving her son out the way she took the rag she had tide to her hip and touch his head with it. You should be more careful where you land. Hold this to your head till it stop bleeding you crazy man.

Lady_brianna wrote:Arriving late as normal for you espically in tow with 4 children she took the boss from the guard and lead the kids forward. She looked around to see many people she knew and had come to know here lately. Spying Anto she hands the box to Keagon and Keiron as she bolts forth and tackles him "Hey you long time! She giggled and stood up and smoothing out her dress. "Is Sonny here? You should let him come play with the kids while your here.. I would really like that."

Turning to the kids "Alright seek and give Aasha her gift she might hide from you guys. "

obli. wrote:Obli watched as Anto arrived. "Heyoo boss-man! 'Ave a drink!" Grinning, Obli kissed Aasha. More and more people were showing up. He was glad that it was turning out so well. He wondered if he should still be holding Aasha on his lap, all these people had showed up for her, could he really selfishly hold on to her? He looked up at Aasha, the happiness and delight on her face was ease to see. Eh, he would let her decide. After all, it was her day - she could do whatever she wanted.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:51 pm

Aasha wrote:First a flask sails towards her, missing not only her hands, but Marius's head, and even her table. Then Marius thrusts the package into her hands and takes off with Tasite in hot pursuit. Which did she want more? To satisfy her curiosity or to find the flask Draco threw? She thought it had gone under the table...but the gift was in her hands. Gift first then...bloody hell! More sprogs followed Brianna into the tavern, all four headed towards her while Bri practically tackled Anto. Had Obli invited all of Ireland and England here? Maybe going after the flask under the table would be better, she could hide. Wait, no...then she'd have to move from Obli's lap.

Aasha pushed it all aside when Obli kissed her, returning the contact enthusiastically. When she drew back for air, she whispered; Ken we has Marius run 'em oth'r y'ungin's thr'u an' hides from 'im when he's done? She giggled, then it hit her. Anto had come to her party? Eyes widening, she looked over in disbelief. Ya, it was Anto...not that you could see him for Brianna.

Aayla wrote:Children... more children... Looking around for an escape, Aayla decided to hop up onto the bar and perch out of reach... safer. Besides from this very nice seat she could reach more booze when needed and see all the fun as it seemed to take over the tavern. The party had hardly started and already she was three sheets to the wind and someone was bleeding? Laughing she sipped at her brew and grinned. Watching Anto get lost behind the blur that is Brianna she raises her bottle and calls out "Hullo Prin-" hic "-cess" hiccuping again she giggles.

Lordrahl wrote:walks into the room where the party is held for making a surprise visit ...G'day everyone... he says in a cheerfull voice for it beeing such a nice day, as he makes his way over to the young couple he is sure to greet (almost) everyone with a shake of hand or a hug

I know I am not seen many times ..starts talking to Obli as he walks up to him.. but today I really wanted to make a short visit to my fellow brother and the birthday of his love, for paying him honor but most of.. to bring u a gift from the family (uhmm or brotherhood, however u would like to call it)

Turns to Aasha ..I have been working on it for a few days and used only the finest leather available back home to make u this, its been made with enough stretch in the leather to fit ANY figure and still feeling like a second skin. Wear it with pride and honor.. and u will make us proud, I am sure of it.

Hands her a heavy pack wrapped in red paper tied off with a red ribbon

...Oh and I also put in a Agiel for u, as its only just a costume it comes without any of the magical powers. But I am sure u will find it of some use ..chuckles with a grin as he winks at Obli

If u dont mind I will just steal a ale for on the roads, home is calling again and there is much work that needs to be done... my apologies for not staying at what-seems-to-be a lovely party

Goes out through the same door as he came after giving almost everyone a hug -poo at Anto- and parting with a final wave

Tasite wrote:Tas was watching her son be protective of his mother and she smiled. Then she saw her sister enter and she was happy to see her. She was about to walk over to her till she heard someone enter. Turning she saw Radh enter the room. She was very upset with him still. So when acted like he didn't know her she got madder. That's it; she said as she walked to catch him. Putting her hand out to spin him around. As he spun about she slapped him hard. Then she realized he wasn't Radh... Oh My!!! I'm so sorry I thought... you look like some I know or knew. Again I'm very sorry; she said again then turned and walked embarrassed to the table where the rest of the group sat.

Aayla care if I join you.. I think i blunder that;she said as she reach for a bottle of something strong and a glass.

Krezlar wrote:Krez walked into the tavern, surveying the scene. Aasha was sitting on Obli's lap kissing him, Antone seemed to be tied up with another woman who looked familiar, there was the other familiar looking woman and then Aayla perched up on te bar with drink in hand. Then he saw them the room was full of kids running to and fro. Wading through the kids weaving in and out of them avoiding them where he could and stopping to allow them through. Carefully walking up to the table where Aasha and Obl are sitting Krez pulls out an older bottle of whiskey not as old as the original bottle he had given Aayla. Happy Birthday Aasha, did not know what else to get you! He tips his hat to the couple!

Looking around the room he says Hey Antone, Hey Aayla! Krez slowly wades towards the bar where Aayla was so that he could get a drink.

Aayla wrote:Aayla watched mouth agape as her brother (whom she hadn't seen since Cork) walked in, presented a gift and turned to leave. She rubbed her eyes with balled fists, not quite believing that it was in fact her brother. That clearly didn't work as he still stood greeting and speaking to others. Reaching down she pinches herself rather hard on the shoulder, tears welling in her eyes do not clear the vision. Her voice lost in shock ...stunned silent. A slight 'eep' the only sound she made before Tas seemed to materialize slap her brother and then flee again. Clearly this is what going mad feels like...

She opted to lift her drink to her lips, blinking as if trying to wake herself from a dream... or nightmare.

Krezlar wrote:As Krez was crossing the room a man had walked in and gave Aasha a gift. The man looked familiar, then he heard some one say Lord Rahl! It had been a long time since Krez had seen Lord Rahl. How long he thought, since before he left Girvan. He had ran for Mayor of that town. As Krez walked to the bar he noticed a woman walk up raising her voice at the man and then slap him. She turned headed for the bar as well.

Krez makes it to the bar! Whiskey bar keep! Krez gulps it down and gets another. Krez looks to the keep; laying a small bag of gold on the counter says The drinks are covered for the rest of the merriment sir, So keep the glasses full and bottles out handy He turns and raises a glass and then raises his voice over the chatter To Aasha! Happy Birthday Aasha!

obli. wrote:Obli looked at Aasha as she spoke of being rid of the children. He nodded enthusiastically.

Obli was thrilled to see his brother approach. Normally he would have stood and greeted him more properly, but with Aasha on his lap, that wasn't happening. He smiled at his brother's arrival, nodding appreciatively. His eyes widened as the gift was opened, he knew his brother did great work - everything he wore had come from LordRahl. Catching his brother's wink, he grinned.
"Aye, ple'se be 'avin' a drink. T'ank ye fer comin' brother." It meant a lot to Obli to have his family come and show support.

Aasha wrote:She managed to open the gift Tasite had given her, grinning at seeing a new flask inside. It would come in handy, considering she'd thrown the last one into a fire...although it did absolutely no good empty. Who gave an empty flask? Nobility were weird.

Aasha was given little time to muse on it when the next person entered the tavern. She couldn't imagine that he was there for her birthday, she'd never seen him before in her life. Apparently she was wrong, he was making a beeline for their table. Maybe her was here to see Obli? Aasha glanced over at Aayla, becoming nervous when the woman's face clearly showed shock.

Bringing her attention back to the man fast approaching, she stiffened in Obli's arms. If Aayla was in shock, it did not bode well for her. Was this man here to ruin her party? He acted friendly enough, greeting her guest with smiles and hugs...

Fellow broth... Aasha's eyes opened wide in shock. This had to be Lord Rahl, one of the Generals. She knew he'd told them of her, but hadn't expected this. And he brought her a gift too? Aasha had composed herself by the time he'd turned to look at her, the only sign of tension her hand gripping Obli's thigh. I'm sure anythin' ya made me will be worn wit' pride an' hon'r... muttering under her breath; if'n it ain't no damn dress... as she accepted the heavy package. Her face showed puzzlement when he mentioned an Agiel, it wasn't a word she'd heard before, so she had no idea what it was. She couldn't help but smile, her fingers easing at his chuckle and the wink he'd thrown Obli. He wasn't here to hurt her, nor trying to tell Obli she wasn't suitable, in fact...it almost sounded like he'd accepted her. Not something she expected at all.

No sooner had she choked out a thank ya... had he walked away, giving her a parting hug before taking an ale and walking out the door. What was even more bizarre, Tasite had stopped him to slap him, then scurried over to the bar. She was left with a bemused look on her face and a heavy red package in her hand. Bemused enough that she had no idea where the bottle of whiskey had come from, The word magic had conjured it? Nor that Krez had entered until he spoke from beside the bar. Happy...b'rthd...oh. Umm...thanks ta ya all fer comin' fer my b'rthd'y. Glads ta be seein' ya'll...

Still distracted by the weight, Aasha began slowly unwrapping the gift, almost afraid something inside would bite her. What was revealed was stunning, the red leather carefully constructed to be an entire outfit. The legs a little long, but that was easily remedied. And an most curious stick, entirely made of leather. This must be the Agiel he'd mentioned. A weapon then? Hmmm...a leather stick would hurt worse than a regular one, she would need to try it out, along with the dagger Obli made soon. She shifted to show Obli, kissing his chin, half because she could, half to reassure herself that she hadn't hallucinated the entire exchange with his brother. Obli...yer broth'r mades me a gif'...

Bloodwyvern wrote:Draco hadn't managed to remain quite standing, the room was fuzzy and spinning, the woman trying to stop the bleeding in his head...was there 5 of her...? he swayed again and stumbled into another table, everything really blurry and spinney... he squinted and stared at the ceiling feeling a little sick he stumbled backwards and fell against the bar, sliding down it slowly and his vision slowly going dark as he began to pass out....

Aasha wrote:The quiet in the bar after Lord Rahl's exit and Tasite's slap was broken by a groan as Draco slid to the floor and ultimately passed out. Pushing back the confusion over the fancy gift from Obli's brother, Aasha smiled. She dug in her pack and pulled out the item she wanted. Her eyes gleamed with mischief as she rose, Ariel in hand, and approached the Irish lush. Drink her gift then pass out would he? She'd show him.

Aasha knelt down beside Draco once she was close enough, putting her nimble fingers to work. First lifting a blade and sliding it into one of the empty pockets in the bodice, then not one, but two flasks. Reassessing the bar, she searched until she found another blade and two more flasks. The blade joined the first, the flasks she put beside her for a moment. The piece of charcoal she'd dug from her pack in hand, Aasha began carefully writing on his face, her forehead creased in concentration. It was slow going, but finally satisfied, she tucked the charcoal into a pocket, gathered the flasks and rose. From there, Aasha walked over and handed Aayla and Tasite each a flask, then placed both of the others in front of Obli. Aasha met his eyes and winked, then walked back towards Draco. Once close enough, she poked him with the Ariel. Ya ken nae be comin' an' sleepin' a' my party. Wakes up an' joins the fun. Grinning impishly, she waited for him to respond.

OOC: Draco's face (travels from one cheek, across forehead, to other cheek) reads: "English ken ou' drinx me"

Krezlar wrote:Krez stands at the bar watcking the commotion through out the tavern. Seeing Draco pass out by the bar was funny, man could not hold that much drink it seemed. Krez mutters quietly He must have started early some where else! All of a sudden Aasha was up and moving to draco side. Krez watched as she did some thing to his face and took his daggers and took his flasks. Krez smirked served the man right for passing out. Aasha dropped them off in Aayla and Tasite hands. Poor man had lost his drink.

Krez raised his glass yet again and said Cheers!
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:16 pm

Bloodwyvern wrote:Draco slowly kinda blinked awake to see Aasha staring at him, all 3 of her "Woah...aassha...ye 'ave...two twinsh!" he tried to stand but found he couldn't.... the floor appeared to want him to stay where he was. He made another attempt at standing, using the bar as leverage and fell backwards again... maybe he shouldn't have drained half his hip-flasks BEFORE getting to the party.... "I...think i'll...shtay on the floor..." draco muttered eyeing the high up land that was far away from him.

obli. wrote:Obli grinned as his brother approached. His eyes widened as he handed Aasha a package. He didn't- yeah he did. Obli grinned as it was opened - Rahl red leather. He winked at his brother appreciatively. "T'anks fer comin', means lots t'meh ye know." He looked at Aasha trying to catch her kiss and failing. He beamed with happiness. "Aye, t'at 'e did. Rahl's Red Leather...welcome to the family Aash." He grinned, kissing her cheek lightly so that she could return to the fun.

Obli took one of the flasks Aasha placed in front of him and without paying much attention, opened it and tipped it back to drink from. A tiny drip from an empty flask splashed on his lips and Draco announced that he had emptied some of the flasks before the party. Chuckling, he closed it and threw it over to the drunk man. "Aye, ye be a step a'ead o' meh Draco, a step a'ead o' meh."

Aasha wrote:Aasha laughed at Draco, she couldn't help it. Twins? Nae, there's only one o' me...ain't sure the world ken handle mor'n tha' o' me. An' here ya calls yers'lf an Irishm'n. I thinks ya gots ta stay onna floor, ain't sure ya ken stands, let 'lone walks. She knew he'd not seen what she wrote, but he was proving it was true by the minute. Aasha poked him again with the Ariel, grinning at his drunken stupor as she turned.

It wasn't until she repeated Krezlar's cheers and met Obli's eyes that the words he'd uttered hit her. Welcome to the family? Accepting her and Obli together and welcoming her to the family were two entirely different things. Aasha's eyes widened as she approached Obli, her gaze lighting upon the leather outfit. It obviously held more significance than she thought. Her movements were automatic, pulling out a chair and falling back into it, still staring at the gift. The noise from the tavern receded, along with her awareness of anyone around her as welcome to the family echoed in her mind.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:46 pm

obli. wrote:Obli watched as Aasha began acting erratically. Watching carefully, he saw her eyes fixated on the clothing Rahl had made her. As she slumped into the chair, Obli reacted. Kneeling beside her, Obli spoke quietly to her. "Aash, ye be a'righ'?" He followed her eyes, again with the red leather outfit. He started explaining quietly to her. "Folks nay be gettin' Rahl's red leather, 'nless they be 'cepted as part o' t'e fam'ly. Act'lly, meh only seen one pers'n ot'er t'an ye get red leather, an' t'e Gen'rals t'ought t'e werld o' 'er." Of course, Obli was referring to his ex-fiancee Cailyn, who had died a while back, long before he ever met Aasha. "T'is jes' be t'e Rahl way o' bringin' ye int' t'e family. Now all ye 'as t'do be figh'in' meh sissy. Ye nay 'ave t'win - act'lly nob'dy wins, jes' a righ' o' passage." He grinned. Kissing her on the cheek, he wrapped his hand around hers. "Follow meh love, we ken get some fresh air ou'side." Taking Aasha by the hand, he lead her out of the tavern, into the cool night breeze. It was quieter out here than in the bar - perhaps she would relax better, or at least voice her thoughts. The night was still young, anything was possible and Obli still had some more private birthday plans for Aasha.

Aasha wrote:Welcome to the family. Was she ready to be welcomed into the house of Rahl? Bloody hell, it wasn't that long ago that NNGO had fought against them. They had a long and bloody history, filled with strife. Obli and Aayla...well...she'd not expected to be friends with either, let alone be in love with one of them. There was a huge difference though. Being part of the house would mean dealing with the Generals, and the annoying one. What was his name again? Alfie? Something like that, not that he really mattered, not like the Generals.

Aasha was vaguely aware when Obli knelt beside her, his voice barely penetrating the thick fog her mind seemed to be cushioned in. Tis a gif'...an' its meanin' they is 'ceptin' me? One oth'r... She was afraid to ask, she couldn't compete against a ghost, and had a horrible premonition that a ghost was exactly who Obli was referring to. Aasha was not someone they would think the world of, in fact she wouldn't be surprised if they'd contemplated pushing her off the edge of the world at least once, if not more. She was still dazed, trying to come to terms with what was said when he mentioned a fight. Fightin' Aayla? Why w'uld I be fightin' yer sist'r...my fr'end...gots to fights 'er to gets pas' 'er?

Her mind was going in circles when Obli took her hand, her feet moving on auto pilot to follow him outside. The wind gently caressed her cheek, carrying a coolness that helped clear her mind. Aasha lifted her eyes to his, confusion warring with fear. Why wasn't she running? What was it about just the touch of his hand that made her want to wrap herself up in him and forget the rest of the world existed? I ain't no noble nothin' Obli...ain't no prop'r lady ta be simp'rin' an' flutt'rin' no eyes. Ain't one folks takes home an' their fam'lies welcomes 'em wit' op'n arms. Maybe...maybe if she didn't ever fight Aayla it wouldn't be an issue. Sighing, Aasha took a deep breath of air, trying to calm the panic she could feel building inside.

obli. wrote:Obli waited until they were outside before addressing Aasha's concerns. The air outside was cooler, it felt refreshing. "Aye, LordRahl be t'e 'ead o' t'e House. Red leat'er be 'is creation an' only be givin' wit'in t'e Rahl fam'ly. So, ifn 'e be givin' it t'ye, well..." He let the point make itself. Biting his lower lip, he sighed. He wasn't about to lie to Aasha, he hadn't gotten this far by being anything but honest with her. "Aye, t'e only ot'er person meh know t'at be given red leat'er be Cailyn. T'e Gen'rals t'ought t'e werld o' 'er, took 'er deat' 'ard." He paused to touch her face tenderly. "Aash, t'ey know ye be committed t'stayin' wit meh, so...t'ere be not'in' mor' fittin' t'en yer gift t'be welcomin' ye t' t'e House of Rahl. Ye be a sis'er t't'em now." He paused to pull himself closer to her. Aye, but 'tis nay figh'in' like ye be t'inkin. Nay killin', stabbin', knives or weapons. Nay bod'y re'ly wins - jes' a frien'ly tussle. He looked at her a chuckled. "R'lax, ye be 'avin' not'in' t'be worryin' 'bout. 'Tis not'in' serious." He kissed her forehead lightly.

He looked at her and grinned.
"T'ey nay be stodgy like t'e folks ye be knowin'. T'ere be not'in' prop'r or simp'rin' 'bout t'e fam'ly an' ye dun 'ave t'e flutt'r not'in' - 'onest. Hell, sissy an' meh be part o' t'e fam'ly!" He laughed, not that it wasn't a good question, but he knew of the people and they weren't you typical nobles - it wasn't a typical house for that matter. "Well, ye be 'rong." He said bluntly. "Meh cer'ainly be takin' ye home, an' t'e 'ead o' t'e House a're'dy welcom'd ye wit open arms an' a symbol o' bein' fam'ly." He looked at her lovingly. "Ye be par' o' t'e House of Rahl. His smile beemed with pride at the idea.

Aasha wrote:Aasha watched Obli's face as he talked, trying to discern what pull he had on her. Why the bond between them was so strong despite the resistance she had put up for so long. Speaking of families and acceptance stirred up a dark place inside the girl. Yet...watching him...seeing the concern on his face when he told her what the red leather meant... He expected her to panic, hell she expected to panic, and she was. She just wasn't running like she normally would. Wha' didya tells 'im tha' made 'im gives it to me now? I ain't ev'n spent time wit' mor'n jus' you an' Aayla. Ain't likes they met me an' fig'red I ain't so bad as wha' they tho'ght o' som'one in NNGO. Ya dun jus' accept folk wit'ou' no re'son to be doin' i'...leas' nob'dy I knows does tha'.

She dropped her eyes when he spoke of Cailyn, she was right, it had been a ghost he was referring to. He loved her though, regardless of his past ties to the other woman. Aasha looked up as he touched her face, trying to smile. Aye, I'm nae' leavin' ya, bu' I w'uldna leaves ev'n if'n the House o' Rahl ain't welcomin' me. I...I ain't gots no sist'rs o' broth'rs, I dun know how ta be tha'. She went into his embrace, wrapping her arms around his waist, her face nuzzled into his chest. When he held her like this, nothing else mattered. Just him, them, their future together.

She bit her lip, thinking of the fight was a way to tense her back up, shattering the illusion that she had built of just them for a moment. No weapons, it was a way Aasha hadn't really fought before. She never fought back against her cousin, when forced to fight later she'd used a shovel, then a dagger. Not fists. She did as he asked, pushing the thought out of her mind, to be dealt with later.

Ya ken takes me home now Obli, to our home fer now, stead o' yer fam'ly home. I ken ev'n try flutt'rin' my eyes if'n ya wants... She batted her eyelashes comically. Jus' dun be 'xpectin' me to do i' well. I ken nae be a lady likes yer Ca'lyn was, I ain't suited fer it. Nae ev'n fer yer fam'ly... Lifting her hand, she lightly caressed his face. I'm par' o' you now an' proud ta be wit' ya. Yer a Rahl, an' theys acc'ptin' me as one... Her eyes were locked with his when she finished the thought; ...guess tha' makes me a Rahl wit' ya...
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:03 pm

obli. wrote:Obli shrugged at the question. "T'ey be trus'in' meh judgem'nt." He said weakly. It was true, but really only partially true he mused. "Or...," he continued Jes' mebbe t'ey be gettin' a let'r frem meh sayin' som't'in 'bout t'is lass meh be madly in love wit an' t'at meh be wantin' not'in' mor' t'en t'be bringin' 'er int' t'e fam'ly meh 'old dear t'meh 'eart." He smiled, face reddening a bit, embarrassed he hadn't mentioned it sooner. He wouldn't look away though, he owed her that much. "Ifn som'one be meanin' t'e werld t' a Rahl, like ye do t'meh, t'e res' o' us dun be needin' not'in' else t' 'cept t'em." He brushed the back of his fingers along her face.

"Aye, ye nay be goin' an'where Aash, 'least nay wit'ou' meh." He smiled as he arms wrapped around him and placed his hand aside her head holding her against him. "Meh ne'er wants t'be 'way frem yer side." He held her there for a moment in silence. "Ye nay be 'avin' t'do an't'in' but be yerself. T'e res' will jes' 'appen." He touched his lips to the top of her head.

He giggled as Aasha fluttered her eyes. It seemed so out of place for her, but was adorable nonetheless.
"Aash, meh ne'er be askin' ye t'be an't'in' but yerself, same goes fer t'e res' o' t'e House." He looked at her as she touched his face, falling into her eyes. "Meh be proud t'be 'avin' ye Aash...proud t'be 'avin' ye as par' o' meh fam'ly."

Aasha wrote:Clearly uncomfortable with the conversation, Aasha tried to lighten the mood, and discomfort for them both. Yer judgin' me now? She hadn't moved her hand from his cheek, somehow feeling the contact necessary to steady herself. Aasha listened as he explained the letter he wrote, color creeping into her face slowly. When he finished, his face was almost the same shade of pink as hers, which would have been amusing had she known. Leaning up slightly, she brushed her lips across his, whispering; it be meanin' lots ta me tha' ya tol' 'em how ya felt fer me likes tha' Obli. Ken nae tells 'em diff'rent...ya is a bit mad ta be lovin' me, bu' I w'uldna change tha' fer the world.

She smiled when he brushed his hand across her face, funny how she could find comfort in the smallest of gestures. Moving her hand from his cheek to re-wrap around his waist, she nuzzled into his chest a little more.
W'uldna wan' ta be goin' nowhere wit'ou' ya Obli, nae ev'r. Her chin lifted again, meeting his eyes as she smiled. Her face glowed with sincerity, her eyes speaking of the love that was growing stronger in her heart. Then yer house be diff'rent than mos' noble houses is...an' I'm rights glad o' i'. I ain't sure I ken keeps my mout' shut if'n 'noth'r noble goes callin' me a toy. She giggled, remembering her first meeting with Arthur, and how much had changed since then.

obli. wrote:Obli smirked happily at Aasha's teasing. He nodded to answer her playful question. He leaned his head against her hand, a gentle smile crept across his lips. His mind wandered, drifting to memories they shared together. The night they shared together on the beach, even her visit to him while he was in jail, courtesy of her of course. He loved her deeply and he planned to never let her think differently.

He chuckled as Aasha noted the difference in his family.
"Aye, t'ey be nay like mos' folk, or mos' nobles..." He let his voice fall. "but, t'ey sur' be t'e pe'ple meh be wan'in' b'hind meh. T'ey nay be turnin' on meh an' sissy fer joinin' NNGO, ifn ye ken be b'lievin' t'at." He let out a stifled giggle. Som'one be callin' ye a toy? Poor fool, mes' o' been painful fer 'im. But nay, t'ere be nayb'dy callin' ye a toy, ye nay be fer playin' wit...'nless meh be playin' wit ye." He winked teasingly at her.

Aasha wrote:Tha' be good Obli. I ain't likes mos' folk, an' ain't nothin' likes no nobles. She smiled when he talked of his family standing behind him, she was glad they'd accepted his relationship with her, and her for that matter, though to a lesser degree. Family was as important to him as it was to her, if they would have turned their backs on him she wasn't sure what she would do. It wasn't a pain she wanted him to live with. Aasha equated that with always wondering why her parents had never come to visit her, the feelings of abandonment hitting her at the oddest times. Her hand dropped to his shoulder, her cheek nuzzling gently into his chest. Aye...an' it wasna painf'l fer 'im like ya'd thinks...there was lots o' stuff goin' on then, an' I wasna comf'rt'ble inna noble house. I wasna actin' likes mys'lf. Too many y'ungins 'roun', an' daf' scary serv'nts.

Aasha looked up, her smile a bit forced. Funny how som'one callin' ya som'thin' rude ken leads to som'thin' good. The one wha' called me a toy then treats me likes ya does Aayla now. Jus' likes ya called me a 'ound 'fore, an' looks a' us now... Her eyes were twinkling, between his comments and the memory of him calling her a hound, along with her response to that, she had managed to cheer herself up. Ya ken plays all ya wants wit' me...long as ya dun thinks I ain't playin' backs. You will be the only one playin' wit' me though, any'ne else be dyin' if'n they tries.

obli. wrote:Obli looked at her with skepticism. Somehow he doubted that the man didn't feel her wrath or suffer in some manner. It would be...so un-Aasha-like. Was it so dreadful she wouldn't say? He cleared his mind of the thought.

Only for the sake of humor, Obli separated the leather bodice from her back and peered down. Nodding, he spoke with certainty.
"Aye, ye nay be 'avin' 'air on yer back, ye ken nay be a 'ound. T'at be fer sure." An amused look fell across his face. "'Tis mor' fun ifn ye be playin' back - nay be as much fun playin' wit ye all 'lone." He winked.

Aasha wrote:Aasha saw the look Obli gave her and laughed. She couldn't help it, the disbelief was easy to read. What made it so funny was that she was being honest, she'd not done anything to Arthur for his comment, she had been too hurt by it. That, and everything she was taught when she was younger had come flooding back, rendering her incapable of doing more than hiding her pain, of showing that it didn't bother her, even though it had. Since then, she'd come to be thankful for that. It had taken a while, but they had worked through their differences, and now Aasha had come to feel almost sisterly towards Arthur. He treated her much the same way Obli did Aayla...that really caused her to chuckle. In both 'sibling' relationships, the women were the more aggressive of the pair.

Obli managed to distract her from the comparisons when he looked down the back of her bodice. Wha' ya be...hair on my bac'? Peals of laughter rung out. Nae, tole ya, I ain't no 'ound. Ain't all tha' sure ya wants to be callin' me one nom'res nohow, nae aft'r wha' happ'ned las' time. Turning, she stretched up and licked his chin playfully. Glad ya likes playin' wit' me an' nae 'lone...bu' we ain't playin' here...

obli. wrote:Obli nodded. "Aye, we ken be gettin' ou' o' 'ere. Jes' 'ave t'be gettin' yer gifts, t'en we ken be leavin'." Obli thought about it for a moment, the shrugged. Calling over a younger lad, he whispered into his ear and handed him a coin. The lad headed straight into the tavern. Obli turned back to Aasha and smiled. "'E be gettin' t'em, an' t'en we ken be gettin' ou' o' 'ere." He winked at her, leaning towards he he planted a kiss on her lips and whispered, "'Appy Birt'day, love."
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum