Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tiff's letters, and the aftermath

Go down

Tiff's letters, and the aftermath Empty Tiff's letters, and the aftermath

Post  Aasha Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:47 pm

The loud racket coming from directly over her head, along with the sound of hissing and barking was what woke her the next day. She was disoriented for a few minutes, almost falling off the divan before she realized she wasn't in her own bed. The room was chilly, the fire had long since died out, and she was still fully dressed from the night before. She wanted to stay, to examine her feelings from the night before, to recapture the moments before Red left but the steadily escalating noise made that impossible.

Forcing herself to rise, Aasha bunched up the skirt and rushed upstairs. Her room was in shambles, Pillow barking madly at Pea, the kitten hissing from under her bed. The coverlet was half off, what few personal items she had knocked over, along with the lamp on the bedside table. In her preoccupation with Red the night before, she'd completely forgotten the pair were up here, much to her consternation she found why that was a mistake. They had both left gifts she'd rather not receive, and were obviously not getting along. Pillow, leave Pea alone! Pea, stops yer caterwaulin'! Scooping up the kitten, she stormed back out, Pillow close on her heels. Bad Pillow, yer not 'posed to scare her to death.

As soon as she opened the door, the fox took off for the shrubbery. She put the kitten down and waited, taking deep breaths of fresh air before heading back to clean the mess.

What felt like hours later, the room was put to rights, she was dressed in her normal attire and Pea deposited back on the bed. Frustration didn't negate her desire for the fox's company though, Pillow accompanied her to Tiffany's room. She'd not seen Ellie, and assumed the lady was still taking care of Tiff, so when she knocked and got no answer, she hesitated. Her worry over her friend had her opening the door and peering around the corner. - Its empty? Where is Tiff? - Hoping the empty room meant she was feeling more herself, Aasha almost turned to go when a stack of letters caught her eye.

Under other circumstances, she wouldn't have given in to her curiosity, but with Tiffany's actions the night before, Ash justified it with concern. There were three, each sealed and addressed, names easily recognizable. - me...Red...and Jasmyne? Why'd she write instead of just talking... - Fingers trembling, she sank down onto the duvet and broke the seal.

Tiffanyanne wrote:Dear Aasha,
When I was a little girl, I was very poor and very alone. My father was a drunkard and gambler who after spending every penny we had, gambled away my hand in marriage. I ran away from home before the man who won it could claim his prize. So I know what it is to run Aasha. I know what it's like to have demons behind you that make you jump at shadows and fear setting roots anywhere. But you know what else I know. I know that eventually, you have to stop running. Otherwise they win. The bad guys win if they can keep you running away. They win because they stop you from having a home and family because you fear them too much. Don't let them win Aasha.
I know you will probably be angry at me when you find me gone. But this is something I have to do. There was one thing that I decided when I stopped running. I would dedicate my life to the weak and poor who were forced to run because the rich and powerful made them. I've been a mayor, I've been a Duchess. But recently I met a regent who had all sorts of power and seemed to delight in making people run from him. A new Regent has been elected and I want to make sure that never happens again.
In my lock box there is the deed to the house. It is yours now. There is also a fair amount of coin that should keep you steady. Everything in the house is yours.
I will come back Aasha. I hope you will offer me a room to stay in when I return. I hope you will forgive me.
I truly do love you Aasha. As a daughter, as a sister, as a friend.
Love always,
Tiff
[

She was crying by the time she got to the end, she had no idea how much of her life mirrored Tiff's. Her father wasn't a drunkard or a gambler, but her cousin was, she'd grown up poor even in her uncle's well to do household, though she wasn't given away in marriage, but it was still through gambling debts. Why Tiff? Ya coulda said bye...ya didn't have to give me yer house. It ain't mine...its yers, no matter what no papers say.

She would never spend the money, it would sit safely waiting for Tiff's return, but what would she tell Ellie? She already felt the loss, the warmth of Tiffany's motherly presence absent in the house. Scooping up the remaining letters, Aasha headed out of the house, not even stopping to see if Ellie was puttering around in her domain.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tiff's letters, and the aftermath Empty Re: Tiff's letters, and the aftermath

Post  Aasha Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:48 pm

It hadn't taken long at all to get to Jasmyne's. The knock received no answer, a peer into the windows gave off an air of desertion. Aasha slipped the note under the door, hoping Jas would be home to get it soon, then headed into town to find Red, and see if Jay knew where Tiff had gone.

Tiffanyanne wrote:Dear Sister,
Is it something in the Balboa blood that makes us so fleet of foot and rootless? You and I spend so much time away from home that one must wonder if we truly have them. We should tell such people that it is not a plot of land that makes home, but the people who share our lives with us. You are home to me Jasmyne. And I must leave it for a while because I want everything that is home protected.
While I'm gone I need you to keep an eye on Aasha. Red's announcement that Aimar was murdered worries me. I fear I have enemies who are trying to get to me through family. Be careful yourself, though I know I don't have to tell you that.
I love you and hope that I make it back in time for your wedding. I can't imagine anything more wonderful that being there to see you wed.
Love you,
Tiff
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:49 pm

Jasmyne wrote:Jas made it home for a small period of time just to see how things were going and spotted the note, then agreeing with what was said to herself, gathering a few items she headed towards Heero's home

She would have to visit Aasha t'morrow as she was much too tired from travel
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:50 pm

It wasn't until after Aasha left Jasmyne's house that it dawned on her that she had no idea where Red lived. She'd always met him in the taverns for their lessons, and searched him out there the few times she'd needed to talk to him. Unsure if it was an oversight, or by design, she shook her head and continued on, her curiosity about the letter quickening her steps. She wanted to ask about hers too, her uncertainty on what to do about the deed mentioned made her jumpy.

A glance in the tavern found it empty, except for a few vagrants that never seemed to leave. She knew he joked about sleeping there, but if he did, there was no sign of him now. Where to now Pillow? We don't never see him in the orchard...ain't no reason to head there.

Her feet ached by the time she'd checked around town, Red wasn't to be found anywhere in Shrewsbury. Pillow was enjoying the exercise even if she wasn't by then. She'd worried the seal as she walked, almost wearing it smooth before it dawned on her where he might be. -He's on council you ninny...run all around town before you remember something as simple as that? -

Her feet turned of their own accord, making the long trek to one place she'd avoided for so long, but had come to wander by more and more often lately. Even wanting to know the contents of the letter didn't make it any easier to approach the intimidating castle. It was easy to pass by, much more difficult to actually enter. Her feet slowed as the building grew closer, knowing he was inside was not enough to make her willingly walk through doors that signified danger in every part of her body.

Shaking with trepidation, she leaned against a tree to try and calm down, surreptitiously watching the comings and goings of the guards, hoping beyond hope he'd walk out so she wouldn't have to search inside.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:51 pm

TheRedChef wrote:Several men-at-arms marched out from the gate. Their well worn armor and weaponry glinted in the afternoon sun. They were followd by a cart pulled by two strong horses. Two soldiers perched on the cart sides keeping watch, while a third drove. Red was content with his seat on the lone crate as he consulted a parchment. Occassionally, a warm lingering thought invaded his concentration, but the Coventry business kept pushing it back. The men on foot formed up around the cart and started to clear a path through the crowd in the town square as the procession moved. They passed by the park on their way to the southern road.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:51 pm

She was absently paying attention to the castle, still contemplating asking for admittance when the gates opened and a procession marched out. Pillow perked up as the horses came into view, while Aasha tried to fade into the shade of the tree. - Great, a whole group of soldiers...and I need to go in there? Me and guards...not such a good combination... -

Sighing, she admitted she really did need to go in, even though she quaked with fear at the thought. - May as well now, maybe most of the guards are going with the guy in the...wait...is that...oh Jah. -

This was obviously not going to be her day. Sitting alone on the cart amidst the soldiers was just the person she was searching for. He looked too engrossed in whatever paperwork he was studying to notice her there, and with that many around him, there was no way yelling would get his attention.

- This is a really bad idea girl. You're gonna end up in deep trouble if you're not very careful. - But it was the only idea she had, the letter trembling between her fingers, the other in her pocket were motivation enough. Just the brief glimpse of his form added to it, causing the tingling that had subsided when she slept to return.

Steeling herself, she stepped into the road, took a deep breath, swallowed the lump she could feel forming down, and waited for them to approach. They'd have to move her to pass, as she stood directly in the center of the their path. The guard approaching did not look happy when she didn't scatter like everyone else, but she stood her ground, refusing to move even when he grabbed her arm painfully. I needs to talk to Lord Red. Its impo'tent...he'll wanna talk to me.

Move girl, there's no one here that wants anything to do with you. This is official business and you're in the way.

She was stubborn, and it clearly showed in her voice. No! I needs to talk to Lord Red. I ken see him in the cart. Jus' let me by...I only needs a minute.

He was twisting now, Pillow was beside her, growling low in his throat. Red! Hey Red! Its Aasha. Tell these men I ken talk to ya!

Tears were springing in her eyes as another guard yanked, knocking her to the ground. At that, Pillow pounced, the growl louder before his teeth sank into the man's leg.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:52 pm

TheRedChef wrote:The commotion caught his attention. Trouble, this soon? They must have doublecrossed... Two of his men were subduing a crazed women. He looked around. No one was taking advantage of the distraction so he relaxed a bit. Red appreciated his men's restraint. Too much bloodshed would wear thin on the public. A third was dancing around with a fox clamped to his ankle. ...a fox?

Red lept from the cart, casting aside his parchment. "Horst! Let her up for Jah's sake!" The man had her arm twisted behind her back and kept her head pressed to the ground.

"Aasha, I'm terribly sorry," he said as he helped her up and dusted some of the dirt off her. "What on earth are you doing here?"

Red lifted her up to the cart while one of his men removed an intractable Pillow from his sergent's boot.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:53 pm

Her arm throbbed, she could taste dirt, and the soldier was doing his level best to make her eat more of it before the commotion finally caught Red's attention. She could hear his voice, though all she could see was the ground until his boots were almost directly in front of her. It was then that the guard released her.

This wasn't the way she wanted him to see her next, subdued by soldiers, covered in road dirt, and in considerable pain. Rubbing the wetness from her cheeks, she glared at his guards. I tried to tell ya he'd wanna talk to me. Hope Pillow's teeth sank in deep! Ya big bullies, pickin' on someone whats less'n half yer size.

Taking a shaky breath, she looked up at him, grateful when he lifted her to the cart. She was still feeling unsteady, him brushing dirt off had only increased the sensation, and her arm was hurting like crazy. He'd placed her right beside a parchment. The glimpse she caught had her name leaping out, along with some type of warning. Quickly averting her eyes as her face went pale, she hoped he chalked it up to the pain.

I...Tiff's gone...an'...she left ya a note... The release of pressure had only made the pain worse, she was gritting her teeth as the indignation fled and the full force of her injury sank in.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:53 pm

TheRedChef wrote:Poor Aasha. The road dirt had smeared with tears on her cheeks. He made soothing noises as he dabbed at it with a most cloth. Her face had lost it's color and her skin was clammy. She winced as he dusted off her shoulder. Concerned, Red prodded it experimentally. After a hushed conversation with one of his men, he pulled a flask of eau-de-vie from his satchel and handed it to Aasha. "Drink this. It should help ease things." He chatted idly at her as he waited.

Meanwhile, his sargent had finally gotten the fox to release his prey and had dumped him into the cart. Pillow, for his part, had managed to keep the soldiers away with an impressive display yipping and prancing. The soldiers, resigned to waiting, had taken to throwing bits of jerky or hardtack at him when the sargent wasn't looking.

Red placed a hand on her arm, and his other on her shoulder, and looked deep into her green eyes. "Aasha, I'm not going to lie to you. This is going to hurt...a lot." He wrenched her shoulder back into place.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:54 pm

She didn't expect him to wipe the dirt off, even after everything that had transpired the night before. She had assumed he would want to talk about why she was there, not see to her. Her face was flushed by the time he'd dabbed, even after he'd brushed against her injury.

Tears sprang back quickly with the gentleness when he prodded, his fingers reminding her of hot pokers, each radiating pain from her shoulder down her arm. So distracted by the pain, she absently took the flask and drank deep, hoping he was right and it would help.

She didn't respond to any of his words, just the tone, letting it wash over her and take the edge off as the alcohol finally began to take effect. She was dimly aware that Pillow was in the cart, his cold nose nudging her arm from time to time as he snapped up the meat thrown to him. He instinctively sensed Red meant her no harm, and hadn't climbed up into her lap.

When Red's grip on her arm penetrated, along with the warning, she whispered; what are... right as he wrenched. Tears streamed down her face, a low keening moan escaping, then the throbbing began again. She could hear what sounded like a snap, and bit down hard to keep from screaming. Her fingers loosened around the letter, letting it drop heedlessly into the cart. Her breathing was shallow when he had her shoulder in place, the bits of color in her cheeks gone, and limpid pools of green locking on his, begging for relief.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:55 pm

TheRedChef wrote:It was wrenching to see her like this and he was dismayed that it touched him. "The pain will fade soon. You'll be fine, Aasha," Red said as he gave her good hand a reassuring squeeze. After a bit, he fashioned a sling from a spare kerchief.

Red got on the cart next to Aasha and gave his men the signal to move out.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:57 pm

The gesture touched her, though the pain was excruciating. She squeezed back, trying not to show exactly how bad it hurt, and hoping he was right about the pain fading. As the cart moved, she grabbed for the letter, picking it up along with the parchment Red had dropped. Holding out a hand, she offered the letter to him.

Tiffanyanne wrote:Dear Red,
You have taken it upon yourself to teach Aasha to read and write. I need you to take up one more thing. Protect Aasha. I don't know why Aimar was murdered but I fear it has something to do with me. I cannot be here to protect her, I have something I must take care of. I need you to do it in my stead. I am trusting you to this.
If any harm comes to her you will have to face me.
I don't know when I'll be home. But trust me when I say this is something I must do.
Your Friend,
Tiff

I...umm...I came cuz Tiff is gone...an' she left this fer ya. I didn't read it or nothin'...an'...
looking over, she sighed, trying to resist the impulse to lay her head on his shoulder. ...an' she left me one too I wanted ya to look at.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:58 pm

TheRedChef wrote:Red settled in against the side of the cart and savored Aasha leaning into him and her head on his shoulder. "Hmm, Tiffany thinks you need protecting..." He folded it up and stuck it in his coat. What was that other letter you- Ah!" He snatched his parchment away from Aasha and tucked it away. "I wondered where that got to."

--------------------------------------------
-goes by Aasha. Dangerous
and unstable. Reward offered.
If found, send word to-
--------------------------------------------
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:58 pm

She'd forgotten the parchment, and had only glanced at it briefly the first time, but looked a little more as he read the note from Tiff. She would have been disappointed he didn't show her the contents if she'd not been so distracted by her name jumping out at her again. Glancing up, she sighed, knowing he'd obviously read it before, and probably believed what it said.

Trying to keep from questioning him on the parchment, she silently dug the letter out of her pocket. She had gotten into the habit of stuffing all correspondence in her pockets, there was so few she was sent, and it gave her something to practice reading. Unfortunately, she was too distracted with curbing her tongue to realize that she'd handed him the wrong one.

Lady, I arrived to find you gone. I must admit that my curiosity is peaked at the message you sent to me. I remember a slight lad who cut a purse, and a skirt. Now I find a woman asks after me in his name. I am unable to travel to Shrewsbury at this time, but please enlighten me...

What do you require of me?

Judge Sir Julien Icey Grave Delval, Lord Of Midnight.

Red, whats the deed she's talkin' 'bout...an' why's she givin' me her stuff?
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:59 pm

TheRedChef wrote:After a moment, Red held the parchment in front of her face so that she could read.

"What deed?" The warmth had left his voice.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:59 pm

His tone had changed, and he was holding the note in front of her face. Confused, she looked at him, then at the note, and blanched. - How did he...oh Jah, I gave him the wrong one...how do I expain that? Would he even listen...after his parchment... - She could only try, but she was tired of having to defend herself to everyone. - First Aimar, now him.Why couldn't she fall in love with someone who just trusted her? -

Her eyes widened as she realized what she'd just admitted to herself. It wasn't something she'd expected, and not something she thought he would appreciate, not now, maybe not ever. Finding her voice, she whispered; I done some dumb things in my past. That was tryin' to fix one...an' that's the wrong note...here's the one from Tiff if'n yer wantin' to read it still an' tell me somethin'. Fumbling in her pocket, she pulls out a note, checks it, then hands him the correct one.

Tiffanyanne wrote:Dear Aasha,
When I was a little girl, I was very poor and very alone. My father was a drunkard and gambler who after spending every penny we had, gambled away my hand in marriage. I ran away from home before the man who won it could claim his prize. So I know what it is to run Aasha. I know what it's like to have demons behind you that make you jump at shadows and fear setting roots anywhere. But you know what else I know. I know that eventually, you have to stop running. Otherwise they win. The bad guys win if they can keep you running away. They win because they stop you from having a home and family because you fear them too much. Don't let them win Aasha.
I know you will probably be angry at me when you find me gone. But this is something I have to do. There was one thing that I decided when I stopped running. I would dedicate my life to the weak and poor who were forced to run because the rich and powerful made them. I've been a mayor, I've been a Duchess. But recently I met a regent who had all sorts of power and seemed to delight in making people run from him. A new Regent has been elected and I want to make sure that never happens again.
In my lock box there is the deed to the house. It is yours now. There is also a fair amount of coin that should keep you steady. Everything in the house is yours.
I will come back Aasha. I hope you will offer me a room to stay in when I return. I hope you will forgive me.
I truly do love you Aasha. As a daughter, as a sister, as a friend.
Love always,
Tiff

Yer note what ya snatched...it were about me. An' ya believe it? She was having a hard time keeping the pain from her voice, his distrust hurt worse than her shoulder ever could. She couldn't meet his eyes, just looked down as she choked out; Ya ken let me out of yer cart an' not bother wit' it. Ya ain't got to pr'tect me...I hurts myself more'n anybody else ever ken...
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:00 pm

TheRedChef wrote:Red turned her head so he could look at her. "That note is weeks old. If I believed it, would I be here with you? No? Yes? Any other surprises you want to share with me?"

He scanned Tuffany's letter. "Tiffany left you those things because she wants you to have a good life, as do I. She also feels guilty for not being there to look after you."
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:01 pm

She tried to resist, not wanting to meet his eyes and see contempt, but didn't have the strength. Meeting his eyes, her own glistened. Ya ain't gonna ask me what that letter was about? Conscious of the soldiers surrounding them, she shook her head and whispered; Any other surprises I gots fer ya ken wait till we're alone. Guess there's lots I ken share if'n yer wantin' to hear. I gots more notes in my pocket if'n yer wantin' to read though...I carry 'em to read, tryin' to get better...

Taking a deep breath, she debated shifting so they weren't touching. She couldn't do it, he hadn't moved away even when his tone had changed, and the contact was too desired for her to willingly end it. I ken have a good life without her things. Them are hers, she worked for 'em. Ain't right fer her to have to ask me fer a place to stay in her own home... It took her a minute to process his 'as do I', when she did, she lowered her lashes and murmured; I gots friends...an' fam'ly when Tiff's 'round...an'...you...
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:01 pm

Thinking better of her admission of feelings, perhaps even afraid of rejection in so public a setting, she leaned back to pet Pillow, instantly regretting the movement as her shoulder flared again. Unsure if it was a good or bad idea, she glanced back and dug out an assortment of letters, all with deep creases where they'd been folded and refolded from multiple readings.

Where is we goin' anyhow? I weren't meanin' to bother ya at work, jus'...wanted...wanted to ask ya 'bout Tiff...an'...
She sighed, lowered her lashes, and turned away completely, distracting herself with signs of the approaching winter to cover her awkwardness.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:02 pm

TheRedChef wrote:Family... By now, the sun hung low in the sky and several of his men had vanished into the forest.

"Ah, Aasha, you never bother me. We're just tending to some business near Coventry. It's...uh...confidential, so mum's the word."

"So, what were you going to ask me before you trailed off?"
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:02 pm

- Never bother him? - She was surprised, nae shocked as memories flashed of their past encounters in the taverns. There were times in the past she could have sworn her presence alone bothered him, but maybe she'd misread a lot before.

Confed'nt'l? He seemed uncomfortable with her asking about the trip, that alone had her holding back the 'why Coventry' that was hovering on her lips. She couldn't hide her confusion with the next sentence, she knew she'd brought up family before, but not her mum. Is confed'nt'l yer mum's word then? An' whats it mean?

Eyes widened then lowered when he finished, she'd not expected, or maybe it was not wanted him to pick up on where she'd trailed off. Cursing her wayward tongue, she shifted, peeked at him from under her lashes, then sighed. I weren't gonna ask nothin' else...umm... A tinge of pink climbed into her cheeks as she murmured; ...jus' wanted to see ya...

It was an understatement, but it was better than blurting the depths of her new feelings, especially when her silent admission was still so close to the surface.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:44 pm

TheRedChef wrote:"Well, then it's a good thing you found me," he said with a crooked grin, "but it looks like you'll be stuck with me for a while. We'll be traveling through the night, so you'll have to make do with your, er, injury. I don't have any of Tiffany's specail "teas," and I doubt you'd want to drink the results of my scrounging. The good news is that there is plenty of pear brandy if you feel the need." He sloshed the flask for good measure.

Red gripped her good arm in earnest. " But, there is one very important thing you need to remember. This entire trip is secret, that's what confidential means. It's secret business for the county. I need you to swear to me that you will never tell another living soul about what happens here. Do you understand me?"
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:45 pm

Was it though? Finding men hadn't helped her in the past, she'd lost Aimar, was finding Red putting him in danger? Of course, so far she'd been the one hurt finding him, but then again, he'd not told her to pit her petite frame against his armed guards.

I don't mind bein' stuck wit' ya... The two of them in the dark gave her pause, she'd only ever traveled with Aimar, and their last fight had been about her traveling alone, as well as how unsuitable it was for her to travel alone with him. This wasn't the two of them alone though, there were tons of guards around, even if none were in her direct line of sight for now. Not something she truly wanted to dwell on regardless, so it was pushed back with the rest of her wayward thoughts.

She couldn't help the grimace at mention of Tiff's teas. Denying they helped would be impossible, but the taste left much to be desired. I don't likes her teas...they're nasty. Tole her once, why's stuff to help ya gots to taste so nasty? Leastways yer brandy tastes better.

She'd tried more new spirits lately than she ever had in her life, but unlike the whiskey, the liquor in the flask was smooth. Her movement earlier had caused a major twinge, another swig surely wouldn't hurt that would it? Reaching for the flask, she briefly laid her hand on his, taking a breath at the spark that flared with the contact. Thought findin' ya was the good news...

Feeling her face burning as her tongue betrayed her once again, she bit her lower lip before trying to comment further. She was quite earnest when she met his eyes, moving her hand from the flask before ever taking it to lay her hand on his. Ya ken trust me Red...I ain't tellin' nobody nothin'. Ain't one what tells much...part of runnin' was bein' quiet 'bout why I was goin' an' where...

Looking at him was a mistake, though there wasn't much alcohol in her system, what there was combined with the pain to lower her defenses. Color deepened as she unconsciously leaned forward, the spark igniting to cause a fluttering within.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:10 am

It was the fox that brought her back to earth. Pillow moved closer and laid his head in her lap, breaking the spell she seemed to be under when she was near Red. Flushing brightly, she hoped he'd chalk it up to the brandy as she quickly took another swig. Her eyes now downcast to hide her expression, the waning light adding more shadows as if cooperating with her. Her voice pitched low, she repeated; I ain't tellin' nothin'.. before taking a much smaller sip from the flask.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down