Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP] Demanding an Answer

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[RP] Demanding an Answer - Page 2 Empty Re: [RP] Demanding an Answer

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:14 pm

Emmy01 wrote:Yeoman Emmy walks back into the castle to find her Esteemed Capt. and Yeoman Trike. Emmy salutes Capt. Caitilin, "Is there anything else needed.?" Emmy stands relaxed as Capt. Caitilin thinks on a response.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur looked upon her in disbelief. She was going to split hairs with him, knowing he was the head of the Tudor household? Knowing how damaging her proclamation was to his honor and dignity? It has already been proven HH Regent, that I do not know you nearly as well as I had thought. I did not think you would react on anything without hearing both sides. I would like to see the, he practically spit the word, evidence that you claim to possess. Even a field worker is given a trial before being hung from the gallows. Yet you set yourself as my prosecutor, judge, jury and executioner. Using the power given to you by people like myself who supported and voted you into office, you have decided to flush years of loyal service to the crown down the drain, with nary a word to me before hand.

I knew you to be an intelligent woman, yes a woman of action, but not the woman I see before me who cares only for her own perceptions, and not for the people she was tasked to lead.
He declined her invitation to the wine, and was surprised to see her imbibe so early in the morn. He was not a drinker, not even socially, and thought she of all people would have known that. Water was his beverage of choice, it was what he was drinking when she announced her intentions of running for regent at the Hamilton dinner party. With everything that had occurred, he was not surprised it was something she hadn't noticed. I seldom drink. I prefer being fully aware of what I say and do.

The more he thought on the events that lead him to be here, the angrier he became. She was Regent, yet he knew more of her than she did of him. Had he not shown her on numerous occasions how committed to building a solid foundation of intelligence sharing between all counties of England? Even to the point of sharing information with her, in privy council, and her people, in military council, to establish trust and friendship with those who had shown his own beloved county of Stafford none? Yet she easily assumed him to be a traitor, besmirching his reputation and making it nigh impossible for anyone to see the experience he had when he offered services to those in need.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Gabrielle_ wrote:Gabby set down the goblet and with no effort pulled a cord near her chair. A moment later a serving girl entered and Gabby said,
A pitcher of cold water. Are you peckish, Arthur? Not waiting for an answer she said to the girl, A tray of fresh fruit also.
She waited for the door to click shut, then said,
You are right.. I can attainder at will. I can also remove attainder, approve or deny medals and peerages... it is all in the flick of my wrist as I sign my name.

She reached into a satchel and produced papers and set them on the table.*

There, read and explain.. Show me where I have been duped and you hung, symbolically. Then we shall discuss the process of redemption. And please do not try to say that never has it been a thought or even planned to take Chester... for you yourself asked me to make an army for that purpose prior to my visit to Scotland.

A knock and a tray was delivered with fruit and a pitcher of cold fresh water, and a goblet. Gabby pours some water for Arthur and then adds more water to the wine she is drinking. It wasn't watered down enough, she takes a sip, Ah.. better. And if I wanted to be out of my senses.. I would be drinking Arran whisky. I am half-Scot, a little wine dulls me not.
She smiled and dismissed the servant.

*OOC: unsure of forum regs and not wanting to get anyone into trouble, shared the documents via PM.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Trike wrote:Trike nods at Emmy as she walks past, then resumes his position at the door, a little anxious and wondering how the situation in the room is going.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur took the documents from Gabrielle, flipping through each page slowly. Each page felt like a snake ready to strike in his hand, the unmitigated gall of whoever offered these lies almost breaking the control he had on his temper. Finally, he lifted his eyes to hers, meeting her gaze squarely and with pride she could not strip him of, no matter what power she thought she possessed.

Gabrielle_ wrote:link removed by {Anteater}

A reported conversation with Theredchef that claimed:
*with the amount I'm getting out of this.. I could care less.*
*Chester will be bankrupted worse than Munster Ireland and then partitioned*
(And this was previous to the Babel post today.)

and then this...
CHESTER COMPACT AND PARTITION OF TERRITORY

In the interests of harmonious coexistence and the advancement of common interests, the contracting parties reach the following agreements concerning the ouster of the THL council of Chester, events and activities in the aftermath, and the division of its territory to reflect an equitable and efficient allocation of resources:

Article I

All four parties obligate themselves to desist from any act of violence, any aggressive action, and any attack on each other, either individually or jointly with other parties.

Article II

Should one of the contracting parties become the object of belligerent action by another party, the other contracting parties shall in no manner lend its support to this party.

Article III

The leaders the four contracting parties shall in the future maintain continual contact with one another for the purpose of consultation in order to exchange information on problems affecting their common interests.

Article IV

Should disputes or conflicts arise between the contracting parties, neither shall participate in any grouping of parties whatsoever that is directly or indirectly aimed at the other party.

Article V

Should disputes or conflicts arise between the contracting parties over problems of one kind or another, both parties shall settle these disputes or conflicts exclusively through friendly exchange of opinion or, if necessary, through the establishment of arbitration commissions.

Article VI

The present treaty shall last for a period of 6 months, with the proviso that, in so far as one of the contracting parties does not advance it one month prior to the expiration of this period, the validity of this Treaty shall automatically be extended for another 6 months.

Article VII

The present treaty shall be ratified within the shortest possible time. The ratifications shall be exchanged on the forums. The Agreement shall enter into force as soon as it is signed.

Article VIII

The contracting parties are obligated to shield each other from any and all prosecutions, suits of restitution, and issuance of writs of marque and reprisal.

Article IX

The territory of Chester shall be divided among the parties as follows:

* Holywell, the Holywell/Chester gold mine, and the Chester/Shrewsbury node shall be the territory of Stafford.

* Beeston, the Beeston/Chester iron mine, the Beeston/Manchester node shall be the territory of Lancaster.

* The town of Chester shall be a neutral territory between Lancaster and Shrewsbury and shall fall under the dominion of the Corsairs and Wolves as they see fit.

Sealed the 2cnd of November, 1457

~Lizabet Stewart-Wolf
For Evilwolfman, Leader of the Wolves of Sherwood And Rougelaw, Leader of the Corsairs

-Arthur Loxley Tudor
Duke of Stafford

-Kath_Sanders
Duchess of Lancaster

Drafting and Witness:
Slon, Chancellor of Stafford
TheRedChef, Esq

He looked at the goblet she poured, disbelief mingling with his rage. There was no way he would partake of her hospitality, not when they both know it was but a guise of friendship that she obviously did not mean. Process of redemption for what? Because you chose to believe a pack of lies rather than look at what you know about me and my nature before you issued a proclamation?

He met her eyes again. Who was it that fed this drivel to you? I demand to face my accuser, or is it someone not man enough to attempt to ruin my reputation publicly, but has to do it in the shadows? Flipping the top document into her lap, he continued; Who was it that I supposedly leaked the defense plans to? Do you actually have real proof of my wrongdoing? Or did you base your entire supposition on nothing short of hearsay? I would love an explanation of why TheRedChef's words are part of the proofs you are using. Everyone in Stafford knows his opinions are his own. He can be lead by no man nor woman, I could no easier stop him from speaking than you could. I am the Duke of Stafford, not the keeper of Stafford councilors. I am not made aware of their private discourse, nor would I presume to tell them they have to answer to me on anything other than council matters. We are a body of 12 individuals, not one mind with 12 bodies.

And this so called treaty? This would be the first I've ever seen of it. It did not come across my desk as a Stafford Duke, nor my home as a resident. My power was granted to me by Stafford citizens, just as yours was granted you by the citizens of England. If a treaty such as this were to fall into my hands, it would have to go before my council before my signature would be affixed therein. You may call Stafford councilors to witness that it has in fact NEVER been laid in front of our council for ratification.

He turned away from her, stunned at her evidence. You have given me absolutely no proof that I have done anything. If you would like to accuse me of treason without proof, you are correct. It is your prerogative, just as it is mine to make sure all of England knows of your own lack of substance when coming to decisions. He turned back to meet her eyes.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:15 pm

Gabrielle_ wrote:Gabby places the documents on the table. Her shoulders squared up and she got that look to her eyes.
You ask me how I can believe that when it was presented? Simply.. You and I have discussed Chester before. You conveniently forget when I just reminded you of the army you asked me to lead? Are the words of Red all lies that he speaks then? He just says these things for no rhyme or reason?
Do you think it was an easy decision to make? DO YOU?!?
She grabs the documents and flings them into the fireplace.

She shakes her head, My apologies, I shouldn't have raised my voice..... but the amount of backstabbing and lies being strewn about like flowers at a funeral...... England's funeral.
Tears stained her cheeks as she stared back, chewing her bottom lip, thinking. Suddenly she sighs and wipes her eyes with the back of her sleeve.

Arthur... dear Arthur... what possessed you to issue that emergency decree? Can't you see it makes you look like a sympathizer and shores up what you declare to be lies? You remember as well as I do how a declaration of neutrality served Stafford no good back when Anto and WoS had Chester in their grasp. By Jah, it compounds the issue so much.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:There was contempt dripping from his words as he spoke, he couldn't help but wonder why he was even bothering since it was obvious she wanted to believe the lies presented to her. He hadn't missed that she ignored most of what he said, only proving her willingness in the duplicity.

You and I have discussed Chester several times. Back in January, when they were having issues with councilors, I was making plans to help them when I would stay there for the first few weeks of my honeymoon. In fact, when I was there, I helped LadyLia in the University. When the University was closed by the Duchess LadyJennet, my wife and I left to Stafford to avoid the military lock down.

Later in March, I offered several private citizens of Chester to aid in the update and review of their legal corpus. The attempt gathered little interest, and I continued my honeymoon in Wiltshire and then Worcester. After the issues in the Court of Appeals, I offered again with another fellow justice and again little interest was shown.

Issues between Chester and Stafford were instigated by mainly members of Chester or friends of the regime; harassment both publicly and privately was at an all time high and Stafford kept being abused and bullied with regards to the Northern Alliance. People from Stafford gathered, including yourself, in a social venue to talk about many things and a lot of jokes and frustrations were expressed. This was before I was Duke of Stafford.

Once I became Duke of Stafford, the relationship between Stafford and Chester was severed because it was not in the best interests of Stafford to continue with the lack of respect and hostile attitudes that were continuing against our people. We had many issues to deal with in our own county including war games, mining drives, and lack of active councilors. The second term has been full of mudslinging and political maneuvering, that you have recognized and spoken against in the county, and now with the construction of the port in Derby.

I didn't forget or ask you to lead any army against Chester. In fact, I recall the conversation very vividly; it was before I was elected Duke of Stafford, and was being harassed by and frustrated with certain individuals that had fled and abandoned Stafford for "friends" in Chester while attempting to instigate issues between our two counties.

I thought you knew me better that what you have shown here in your latest proclamation and am saddened to see that you do not. That you choose to follow the whims and whispers of cowards and corrupt individuals. I do not know what motivates TheRedChef, perhaps a sense of personal glory and fame or to seek to keep Chester up at night. That has been his mission for most of the year, in one form or another.

I have tried several ways to establish contact and cooperate with the Dukes of England in the privy chambers with no success. People refuse to speak to each other. When a harbor was discovered in most counties, Stafford initiated and shared vital information and provided a basic cost structure for construction of ports, and only a few responded. We offered to aid Chester and Worcester with upgrading their mines to optimum and held a long-term trade contract with Sussex to accommodate our neighbors; again, we were brushed off and dismissed. Stafford also shared vital information with Cumberland and the military council regarding Scotland and Ireland. Cumberland requested military assistance at the border when threats of a Fury Army was seen heading towards Carlisle. Unfortunately, Stafford was dealing with attacks in several of our towns and our manpower was restricted; however, we offered to send a huge amount of cheap bread and were denied. How long will Stafford continue to be questioned about our intentions and motivations when all I see is offers for help and refusals from other counties?

The Ducal decree issued by Stafford was discussed beforehand in Council. When the Crown removed Stafford from the War Council, it was clear that our participation, advice, or experience were not needed. When lies were spread by members of the elected government of Chester to insinuate ill-intentions towards Chester, and partitioning of Chester after one conversation with myself where it was specifically stated that we would be on standby in Stafford if their armies were to fall. This is when our Council decided to declare a stance of neutrality. No matter what Stafford decides or offers, we will be cast in a bad light. There is no winning. The decree has been clarified for the panic and fear mongers, for the instigators and troublemakers. Shame on you for believing that Stafford is involved in collusion and sympathizing with the illegal army in Chester. It is interesting that Lancaster has been offered a bribe of partitioning Chester, and here we are.. discussing Stafford. Your perspective is flawed.

Neutrality has always served Stafford well; it is the bullying tactics that other institutions and counties have forced and imposed on Stafford that has compounded or resulted in issues in our county. Even now, people understand the border closures of Cumberland, the army operations in Chester, or the independence of Sussex. But the Neutrality of Stafford creates a scandal. Why is it every county can rule as they please, but Stafford must bow to the will and whims of Regents, national militia, or other counties? A double standard indeed.

His voice wound down, the passion unmistakable as he spoke. He was weary, mind and spirit, and was almost sure this was an exercise in futility. His voice had dropped a few octaves when he said, Who was it that spread these lies you are so willing to believe? He would go to the source, and make sure his name never crossed the person's lips again. If the Regent cared not for him and his service, why should he go to such lengths to care for her and England? He would go back to Stafford, do as he always did. Be there for those who were always striving to better themselves and their county, and country.

Edited by {Anteater}
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Gabrielle_ wrote:Oh you do paint a pretty picture don't you. I won't deny there is some creedence to your words, but I also see how everything you have done has also exacerbated the situation. And there was more than one source.
She stood up and shook her head, still so much conspiracy and double talk from so many lips.
You think I was to let you stay in the War Council when this came to me? You yourself have stated that you placed the minutes of that conversation in your council chambers. You say you didn't pass it off, yet at the very source you are complicit. That is why I told the Earl Marshal to remove you. Would not you do the same thing? I, as Regent, have to make these judgement calls... and when it comes to national security they can't be long in the making.

She walks to the door and opens it, I am sorry... I thought this conversation would have taken a different tack... Go, hide in Stafford under your decree of neutrality, that I noted also was so quickly ensured that armies would not be able to pass, as soon as it was questioned by the WoS ..... woman. Gabby looked rather angry and sad at the same time, and before walking out the door, said,
Prove your loyalty to England and this desire to make a nation of it by lifting that ridiculous decree and actively participating in getting that rebel council out of Chester governmental halls... or if you think I am such a bad, useless and lacking of substance Regent, start a vote of confidence in the HoP. Either or... this audience is over.
Walking through the door, she looked at the guard and said, Please show His Grace out, respectfully.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Trike wrote:Trike stood at attention as the Regent walked out the door:

Please show His Grace out, respectfully

Trike nodded, and walked over to the guest:

Right this way, my lord.

Trike motioned toward the door.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:16 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:OOC: I haven't had time to RP the end of this meeting. Sorry for the delay.

He could see that she was dismissing him as she rose and attempted to excuse her poor judgment in believing the pack of lies she had been fed. He was beyond disappointment now, nothing she said or did would surprise him from this point on. He would not let her words go unchallenged, regardless of her striding towards the door.

Frankly, I don’t care how many sources you received. When the information is false, it is false. No matter how many say differently. I have a right to face my accusers, those who conspired to bring about my damnation. Once again, who were these shadowy figures accusing me of betraying my country?

As for what I stated, you obviously did not listen well. You are familiar with the governing in Stafford, having lived there yourself. I placed the conversation in our Private council chambers. My powers as duke are limited, and I would not abuse the trust given to the office by trying to speak in the name of all of Stafford council. They as councilors have a right to know what is being discussed when it directly involves our county. A Stafford duke, as legislated by law, cannot make decisions on his own, nor can the Captain. We are required to have support from the whole of our council. My co-councilors had needed to be aware of the minutes of said conversation, in order to make a fully informed decision as to our stance in the conflict. I am sorry you do not agree with what I did, but you are not on my council, and I would be remiss to have done anything different. Yes, I am disappointed in my own council, as it is obvious that they cannot all be trusted to keep these types of issues amongst ourselves, and choose to inform others outside the council doors. I will work to find the leak from my own council, and make sure this does not reoccur, but you cannot hold me responsible for others who have passed the information to the Wolves or Corsairs when I myself did not.

Each of us has experience in different areas, and thrive in that environment. Yours in the past has proven to be diplomacy. When dealing with military matters, you are but a novice. This is why most in any position of power surrounds themselves with others who can teach and guide them in areas they are weaker in, to help them make informed decisions in any given situation. Chester, if you bothered to read the minutes of the meeting you are so desperately trying to use as proof against me, has already made their position quite clear on what they expect from other counties. Even to this day, the displaced Chester council has repeatedly stated they want no strange armies in their lands, whether allies or foes. Stafford is merely respecting those wishes, even though you and your administration are hell bent on imposing your ideas, plans and strategies on them. Stafford was refused participation in the war council because we supported the Chester council and vowed to support and not impose ourselves in the middle of the situation. In fact, with the prestige of the county of Stafford, we could have finished the conflict in a short period of time. But Chester wants to resolve the issue themselves, and as it is the county's decision on how to employ and secure their own borders, we respected their wishes, unlike you.

Stafford’s neutrality will serve us well now, and in the future. We have every right to protect our territory as we wish, just as you afford Cumberland, Sussex, Cornwall, and Chester the same right. Your work in the house of parliament regarding the humanities act was a step in the direction towards ensuring the same rights were awarded to all people across England, no matter their county of residence. Now, you are turning your back on awarding counties the same rights of equality because they do not fit your ideal on what is right in this situation.

The county of Stafford will not participate or follow your inexperienced attitude into battle. If you study the history of our country, you will see that the NEA was an unqualified failure because they tried to impose their tactics over county sovereignty. You will fail by trying to establish the same.

As for the attainder you have placed upon me, you are proving no different than Degas. Each of you using half-truths and inaccurate perceptions, falsified documents, and expecting a Duke to control all aspects of their councilors lives when you know it is impossible to strip me of my honor, lands and peerage. Take caution as to whose advice you follow or heed…it will be your downfall.

By the time he finished, his throat was dry, his voice almost hoarse. He had very little desire to stay any longer, whether she chose to believe him or the shadowy figures who had conspired against him. He watched her walk to the door, and deliver her parting shot. Raising a brow, he made sure his voice was heard clearly.

When you first came to England, you lived in Coventry. I befriended you, aided you in understanding the ways of the world. I remember when you traveled to Lichfield where you met your husband, and decided to move there to begin a life with Pieter. Lynna and I attended your wedding, shared the momentous occasion with you, overjoyed at the happiness we could see between you and your husband. We visited you in your home, met your family, partook in the knighting ceremony of Darien Balintyne. You announced your run for Regent, but there was not enough support. Several months later, we ran in a Regent election and I expressed to you that out of all the candidates, I felt if either of us were to win things for England would change and progress towards unification and betterment. When you announced you would seek election again after our mutual attempt, I endorsed your candidacy publicly and decided to remain in the county race for council, to run for re-election as Duke of Stafford. Your plans to reform the privy council, and the national institutions was inspiring and I was greatly looking forward to seeing that come to fruition.

Arthur paused, looking around the room, thinking of everything that had occurred between the pair.

Where did I go wrong? Somewhere among the bitterness, fear and panic, I lost a friend. That, not the attainder, is the biggest disappointment of this day. As Gabrielle took her leave, he looked around the lavishly appointed sitting room once more, before turning to exit the room, politely thanking the guard as he escorted him out. His wife would be worried, he had been so upset over the black mark put upon his honor and reputation that he had forgotten to tell her of his whereabouts. He needed her now more than ever, he would find comfort in her loving embrace, and the support of his true friends regardless of the outcome of his meeting with the Regent.

Edited by {Anteater} - no OOC please!
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2