Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alone - Cill Chaoi to Inis and back

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Alone - Cill Chaoi to Inis and back Empty Alone - Cill Chaoi to Inis and back

Post  Aasha Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:31 pm

Background: Cu Chulainn's Crossing, Ireland, 11 Nov 1457

{Ridgeback} wrote: Ridgie is locking this thread down for a time in order to clean it up. Please do not start another thread like this.If you do, I will bite!!!!!

Donnor wrote:As long as she has all her shots up to date she can bite me Wink

Donnor you will just have to take your chances and see if you end up with a severe case of rabies or not. Cool

Bcgirl wrote:*can't resist the temptation*

*sneaks over, bites Donnor and runs*

Donnor wrote:*Gasps* Shocked

Bcgirl wrote:*stopping when far enough away*

You can't be that shocked Laughing

Aasha wrote:Aasha sees Bella bite Donnor before she can get to him and stops in her tracks. Her entire field of vision is red. Narrowing her eyes, she looks first towards her husband, then towards the fleeing tramp, trying to decide who she wants to sharpen her dagger on first.

Icy_flames wrote:Seeing the fire in Aasha's eyes he whispered in her ear.

She's had all her shots deary. Otherwise I'd be a dead man for sure.

Rubbing the marks on his neck he sauntered over to Bella. My turn?

Lady_brianna wrote:*raises her eyebrows and grabs some popcorn and gets ready to watch the entertainment. She motions to her guard to keep a close eye so no one gets to hurt a little blood never hurts anything or a few key missing body parts.*

"Biting married men shortens your life span especially when said wife is a little crazy assassin. Aasha maybe ..hmmmm... Carry on I'm sure your much more creative than I"

Stands next to her Captain of the guard and watches with a gleam in her eye.

Bcgirl wrote:Oh you brat!

This is what happens when you leave me to my own devices... I plan kidnappings, marry off my brother to two women, and ...

As he got closer, her knees weakened and she bit her lip

I've missed you love

Donnor wrote:A little bit of biting never hurt no one...or wait...does it? *thinks*

Barden, I am sorry but I can't be biting you, that would be just to disturbing

Sapphire_ wrote:Runs in and tackles Bella... Hello there... I hear there is Rum. Grinning at her friend.

Aasha wrote:Overhearing Bella's remark to Donnor, her eyes narrow. An' why wouldna he be shocked? Ya gots somethin' to be tellin' me 'bout my man then? Her dagger was already drawn when Icy whispered in her ear, his words doing nothing to dispel her temper. Dinna care if'n she's had shots or nae...it isna her man she'd be bitin' now is it? But I'd be happy ta be helpin' ta makes sure she dun be bitin' other men what ain't hers nomores.

The decision seemed to be made for her, Bella was headed straight towards the man standing beside her. Her dagger shining wickedly in the light, she held it at the ready, focused on where best to make the first cut.

Narrowing her eyes further as Donnor speaks, she practically choked on her words; An' who is it yer bitin'? I'm guessin' yer gonna find out firsthand if'n it hurts or nae.

Bcgirl wrote:Oh he was wanting to bite you Donnor?

*giggles*

Donnor wrote:He grins at Aasha and speaks; "Now now my love, It was just a harmless bite, and if it makes you feel better you can always go bite her...or Icy since he obviously wants to bite me?"

He began to snicker than remembered..."Oh I forgot, I am not allowed to speak, interact, or even know any other females. Sorry everyone." Turns around and walks away from everyone without saying another word.

Sapphire_ wrote:Watches the commotion going on and crosses her arms.

Are we seriously that insecure about ourselves that we act like children... I am sure we all can play together.

Pours a shot of rum for everyone. Let's all have a drink... shall we?

Aasha wrote:Aasha heard Donnor's words and stopped the movement of the dagger. He had been the first man she fully trusted, and just as everything in her past, he was proving that trust was a mistake. Blinking back her rapidly filling eyes, she turned to go as visions of the past came up to haunt her once more.

Bcgirl wrote:Hugging Sapph Bells watched the interaction finally realizing what was happening. Jealously was such a funny thing to watch, especially when it caused reactions like this.

She watched Donnor leave, with a slight sigh. He really was a sweet guy and it was sad to see him leave like that... knowing she caused the issue was worse. It was to be a harmless bit between friends.

Looking back between Barden and Sapph she smiled a bit...

Well Barden love... will you settle for nibbling on me then, Donnor seems to be otherwise disposed

Donnor left the scene. Unbeknown to Aasha, when he left he continued the party with Bella, Sapphire and other women in a very provocative food fight. And the RP continues for Aasha...

Last edited by aasha on Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Alone - Cill Chaoi to Inis and back Empty Re: Alone - Cill Chaoi to Inis and back

Post  Aasha Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:33 pm

She made her way to their house, almost blinded by tears. The house felt empty. No, not the house, she felt empty. Logically, she knew that she wasn't. That she had a family in NNGO, that Athorgate would always be there for her, but she had never been ruled by logic. It was her downfall, one she had tried to fight and lost to in the past. She had closed out her cousin's beatings, closed out how she was treated, for survival. Telling herself she was better off alone had seemed best, especially when she kept losing everyone who claimed to care. - But she thought...he had convinced her...maybe she didn't know anything. -

Wandering through each room, she let her fingers trail over the surfaces of the cold objects present. It was how she felt now, cold and alone, how she'd been too often for too long. - He said he wouldn't leave...that he wanted to be with me as long as he was alive...that he loved me. He said... - But hadn't she been lied to before? - Not by him...never... - She wanted him to love her for who she was, without the facade so many forced her to hide behind. She thought he did.

Pillow wasn't even here. He was still with Athor, she was without the presence of the only one that could comfort her right now. - Except...no... -How simple life would be if she weren't human. Tears were streaming down her cheeks and she didn't care. Her knees felt weak, she looked down and sat on the floor, wrapping her arms around her knees. - He left... - Burying her head in against her arms, she cried, inconsolable.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Alone - Cill Chaoi to Inis and back Empty Re: Alone - Cill Chaoi to Inis and back

Post  Aasha Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:34 pm

Axle5788 wrote:Axle had seen her travel alone to her house and thought it strange. He knew Donnor was never far behind, but when she was almost out of sight and Donnor was talking to others, he got nervous. He followed her to make sure she got home safe; she was visibly upset as she traveled home. He waited in the nearby brush, hoping things were fine but he could hear her crying through the open window of the house. He waited for Donnor to arrive; but hours passed, and still he was nowhere to be seen.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:34 pm

The first thing she noticed when she woke, besides the stiffness of her joints from falling asleep on the floor, was the silence of the house. Her sense were tuned to his presence, and yet he wasn't here. He hadn't even bothered to come home and talk to her...had walked away like she was nothing to him. Her cousin's voice seemed to mock her in her mind; - Ya ain't worth nothing. Told you that how many times? Useless, stupid girl! - She tried to block the voice, to push the memories back in the recesses of her mind where they'd laid buried since she met Donnor. She had believed them gone, dispelled by the love that had burned so brightly between her and him...she was wrong. Wrong about so many things. He didna even care 'nuff 'bout me ta comes home...

There was no one there to hear her talk to herself, not even her beloved fox. Shaking her head, another attempt to push memories aside, Aasha rose, stretching her aching muscles. Rubbing at her gritty, burning eyes, she looked around their home. She could feel him everywhere here, see him in each piece of furniture they'd appropriated together. She couldn't stay here, not alone. It wasn't her house, it was their home.But...there was no their anymore...his absence told her that more clearly than any words possibly could. Fighting the weakness trying to assault her, Aasha moved slowly to their room, grabbing her pack and carelessly stuffing a few items inside. There was nothing for her here, none of it was hers. It was all a lie, mocking her. Ignoring the ache inside her chest, the girl turned and walked out, leaving the door open behind her, though her heart was closed. Trust...such a fragile thing, hard to give, to let someone inside, painful when it lay shattered within.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:35 pm

Axle5788 wrote:Axle heard movement inside the house and woke abruptly, shaking his head side to side. He had fallen asleep in the brush. He tried to peer in the window and saw her stretching. She had fallen asleep on the floor, and he had wanted to move her to a more comfortable place, but he thought it not appropriate considering the circumstance. He finally climbed out of the brush, his hands sweeping down his clothes to remove the twigs and dirt that he had been in all night. He stood in the path between the front door and the road, and heard commotion inside continue. Maybe she is alright.. and Donnor will be home soon. He wondered what kept him away all night. It wasn't like him.

He would head to the beach following her. That was her usual routine lately. He'd been fishing because she had been. He'd been following for over three months.. maybe longer. He liked her, but wasn't brave enough to talk to her. No.. that isn't accurate. I did ask her how to fish with the pole. He corrected himself. He enjoyed looking at her and she almost caught him a few times while fishing that day. He wasn't always quick enough to get in her boat, but he had a few times and was happy to follow.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:36 pm

She needed to get away, to deal with everything she had lost. She still couldn't quite wrap her mind around the fact that he had walked away from her. That once again she had tried to love someone and lost. All of her old insecurities welled up inside her, the feelings of inadequacy almost overwhelming.

Aasha planned on skirting the town, by way of the beach. She loved seeing the progress on the port, the town banding together to build was something that was awe inspiring. She wouldn't enjoy the sight today, but it was a much more deserted area this time of the morn than if she went through town.

Her head down, she started walking briskly, trying to put as much distance between herself and the house she had been so happy in as quickly as she could. She wasn't paying attention to where she was going, the road was supposed to be empty, so it was with an oooofff of surprise that she ran into an immovable object, putting her squarely on her bum in the dirt.

Last edited by aasha on Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:37 pm

Axle5788 wrote:He was facing the road, dusting his clothes off when he felt a force crash into him. He stuttered forward, his hands spread out to balance him and prevent him from falling. Once he regained his balance, he turned around seeing her on the ground. His eyes opened in shock. Shocked I.. I.. I'm s.s..sorry. He looked down, offering his hand to her. Fi.. fish today? He was nervous and embarrassed. He was usually more discreet when following her.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:38 pm

All dignity gone the moment she landed on her bum, Aasha glared up at the immovable object, hiding her mortification that it was a man she had run into. She didn't want to deal with anyone, especially not a male after the horrible evening she'd had. Not when she had lost so much of herself because she had let someone into her heart. - You're a fool girl, just like you always were. You really thought someone could love you forever? -

What made it worse was this was someone she recognized. Too many years of being on the run had made her paranoid about her surroundings, faces clicked even if names didn't. It was a defense mechanism, keeping her safe from her cousin. She was soft though, the hyper awareness she had honed for safety had slipped once she married Donnor. His reputation preceded him no matter where they went, very few messed with him. She had felt safe with him, had allowed herself to relax. Alone, habits came back, but with him they had faltered, even more so after her cousin had died. Now, wrapped in despair, she had let it slip too far.

Ignoring it was her fault, Aasha's eyes flashed up at Axle. Angry at herself more than him, her voice came out gruff, the tears just below the surface. What ya be doin' standin' in the middle o' the road nowhow? Ain't no sense in that. Dun ya know a body mights be wantin' to walks? Her eyes narrowed on his hand as she rose, refusing to accept any help. So wrapped in her own emotional turmoil, she missed that he was acting odd, much more nervous than a person should when they'd been run into. Shaking her head, she moved past him. Nae, I ain't gonna go fishin'. Ya ken takes the boat if'n ya wants. I gots... Stopping herself before she told him anymore, Aasha began walking briskly, her chin tilted at a defiant angle, her footsteps carrying her past the port and closer to the road out of town.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:39 pm

Axle5788 wrote:I.. I.. He didn't know how to answer her about why he was standing in the middle of the path. She didn't wait for an answer anyways, so he just ignored it. He followed her as she moved past him, listening to her. I.. I don't need the boat. Where you going? I will come. He walked with her, slightly behind. He didn't see Donnor anywhere, and didn't want her to go by herself. He had nothing else to do. His day was usually spent around her in one way or another. He would eat when she did.. work when she worked.. fish when she fished.. visited the tavern when she did.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:40 pm

The pain turned to anger, deeper than she'd ever experienced. Spinning around, she glared at him. I'm goin' anywhere ya ain't! Why dun ya leaves me 'lone? I dun wants ya to be comin' wit' me. I'm tryin' to get 'way... Tears sprung to her eyes, making her even madder. Showing weakness to a relative stranger? She really had slipped, she needed to rebuild the walls she had lived behind since she was a child.

Jus' leave me 'lone. I dinna want ya goin' wit' me, dinna needs ya. Dinna needs nobody, nev'r 'gain.
But was it true? Wasn't she even now missing Donnor? Wishing Athorgate and Pillow were around so she could hide with them? To find comfort? She had promised Donnor she would never run from him. But he had promised to always be there, to love her unconditionally. He never came home... Lowering her lashes, Aasha turned back to the path, blindly running along the shoreline.

Last edited by aasha on Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:41 pm

Axle5788 wrote:He almost bumped into her when she spun around. He gasped, jumping slightly back. He had been watching her bum as she walked. You look like you could use the company.. I don't want to leave you alone. His eyes lifted to hers. I don't got nowheres to go. I only know you here. He shrugged, looking down. She didn't seem to care. It's ok, he thought. She don't need to tell me she's my friend. I know she is.. He looked up to see her continuing down the path. He scurried faster to follow her keeping a slightly bigger distance between them than he had been.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:42 pm

She heard his voice as she ran, the words mocking the loneliness she felt. - You look like you could use the company... - How did he know what she looked like or what she might need? She didn't even know, not really. The only thing she knew was that she wanted to get away from the ache in her heart, that running wasn't helping her get away from the sting of betrayal she felt, that she was back where she started when she ran from her cousin so long ago. With nothing.

The pack bounced against her back, she was winded from running, tears streaming down her face unbidden, yet she continued to press on. Not slowing nor stopping until the sound of waves was in the distance, the shade of the trees lining the path hiding the sun from view. It was then that she slowed, the stitch in her side causing her to breathe heavily. I dun gots nowhere to go now neith'r... Glad no one could hear, her footsteps slowed. Where would she go?

She thought hard about that, she had been to lots of towns in Ireland, but nowhere she could get away from people. Except..the castle she and Donnor lived in back in Inis was off the beaten path. Chances of anyone bothering her there would be slim. And Pillow loved it there, loved spending time with the other animals. Thats where she would go. Back to the castle. If PIllow wasn't with Athorgate, thats where he would go. She would go there...see if her fox was there waiting for her. Sleep in the stables with the horses, where she wouldn't be found lacking by anyone, man nor beast.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:43 pm

Axle5788 wrote:With the distance he had left between them, he quickly got left behind when she began to run. He ran after her through the forest, but she was quick. He stopped briefly, kneeling down to check for fresh tracks. He was a ranger during his time in Bath, and it would serve him well now. He found the trail left by her small feet and quickly continued following. The tracks meshed with the tracks of animals and he lost her trail after a while. He was upset. He had never lost her before. Never! He looked around, trying to navigate through the woods, but he was unfamiliar with his surroundings and with no trail, he was doomed to remain lost. That is until he heard crying in the distance. He followed the sound further into the woods, and caught a glimpse of her pack. She darted again, faster than before, and he quickly ran after her. He had her in his sights now and would not let her escape again. She didn't run for too much longer, and he caught up. He caught up to her, breathing hard to catch his breath. He placed his hands on his sides, and watched her a short distance away. He couldn't get too close. She would probably run away again. He was used to watching and protecting her from a distance. Today was no different.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:43 pm

Mind made up, Aasha unerringly headed towards Inis, her innate sense of direction coming to bear as her pace slowed. The events of the evening before replaying in her mind. Where had she gone wrong? What had she done? She hadn't acted any differently than she always did, she couldn't understand why she wasn't good enough. He said I was purdy, that he didna wants nobody else. Didna wants nobody touchin' 'im buts me. Didna wants nobody touchin' me but 'im.

Rubbing the back of her hand hard against her cheeks and eyes, she bit her lip and continued on. Falling asleep on the floor hadn't been the best idea, she was still stiff. Straw was softer, had more give. Aasha refused to acknowledge her discomfort could be from anything else, not the run, nor the agonizing loss. It had to be from how she slept, her arms wrapped around her legs, her knees to her chest through the night. Her sleep had been restless, nightmares deeply buried rising from the depths to plague her. Yet she hadn't moved, convinced even in slumber that he would come home to her. Wrong girl, yer alw'ys wrong! Why does ya even tries? Stup'd girl!
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:08 am

Axle5788 wrote:He followed her, not too closely, all the way to Inis. He didn't want to get too close because she needed space from what he could tell. She needed time to think, and cry. He didn't like to see her sad, but he knew she wouldn't want to see him. She had told him as much on the road out of town towards Inis. He followed behind her, quietly. She could probably tell he was there, but she hadn't acknowledged his presence and he was fine with that. He just wanted to make sure she was safe.

When they arrived in Inis, it seemed as if she knew exactly where to go. He hadn't been home in months, maybe four to be exact. He'd been too busy following her from army to army.. town to town. He had joined NNGO at her request to fight the 'great fight'. He didn't really mind the army life as long as she was there. He remembered a few months ago how she got left behind, and he had gotten upset. He had offered to go back to get her and she dismissed him, saying she would reach the destination before us. She was quick on her feet, faster than a full army could travel together. He had been glad she had arrived safely, but vowed not to let her travel alone again. Since that day, he had never broken his vow until these last few days in the woods. She had been too quick for him, but he didn't give up and eventually found her.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:15 pm

Through the tears she heard the snap of a twig. Stiffening her shoulders, she discretely wiped at her eyes, then resumed her walk along the path. It was a much slower pace, one that wouldn't tire her more than she already was from a restless nights sleep. One that guaranteed she would make it to Inis without having to rest along the way. As Aasha walked, she casually looked around her, taking note of the animals so still within the forest, finally catching a glimpse of Axle following behind. Her face was set in harsh lines as recognition came to her. - Told that damn fool not to follow. That I didn't want no company. What the hell's he doing behind me? -

She wasn't sure if it was anger at the man following, or disappointment and disillusionment that it wasn't Donnor, but the more she thought about the figure behind her, the more it fed her anger. Inis was a welcome sight, somewhere she could hide out from the ones who knew her best. She could mourn the loss of her husband here, or was it the last of her innocence gone now? Her cousin's voice couldn't be pushed back, mocking her in death as he did in life. - Dunno why ya was thinking he would love ya. Stupid girl! Why would he want ya? You saw them women, look at yerself. Yer not a lady, just a child, good for nothing. They have more than ya ever will. Beauty, poise, hell girl! They know things, yer just a useless idiot. Ain't learned at all. Dun even knows how to be keepin' a man, ain't woman enough nohow! -

The taunts ringing in her mind, Aasha whispered; Dunno hows ta be keepin' one, but I ken lose 'em easy 'nuff. Glancing back, she noted Axle's position, then darted through the trees, blending in with the shadows cast as the sun came down. She was close now, could smell the hay from the stables at the castle. A few twists and turns through the brush and she came upon the clearing at Bunbatty. Ignoring the imposing structure, the girl headed towards the barn. Disappearing through a side door, Aasha entered the stables, taking a deep breath. Letting familiarity wash over her. Pillow wasn't here, but Storm was. The soft nickering of her horse - ...the one Don... -no...don't think of that girl! She's your horse! Dun matt'r where ya gots hers, she's yers. Moving closer, she buried her face in the mare's mane, silent tears streaming down her face as her shoulders slumped. She didn't have to be strong here, not for anyone.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:27 am

Axle5788 wrote:Stepping forward through the forest, he continued to follow her. He had managed to startle her, or make her aware of his presence, and he was glad for it. Everytime she noticed him, she would dart off. Being small and quick was an advantage for her; it had provided him some difficulty managing to get through the forest with all the twigs, branches, and trees. He wasn't as small, or even as quick, but he tried to keep up. He had lost her twice now. Once near Port Lairge, and the second time on the way to Inis.

He kept his eye on her, and accidentally snapped a twig beneath his feet. No! He muttered to himself, briefly closing his eyes in disappointment. Now she was aware of him following her. She'd told him to stop several times on the way, but he didn't listen. She turned back to see him, then darted forward into the forest. Sighing, he rushed forward through the trees, ducking and dodging appropriately to miss the natural growth of the forest. He took a running start towards a trunk of a tree that had been cut and boosted himself into the air to gain momentum and speed. It didn't work. It was miscalculated, and he hit himself in the head with a branch.. or twelve. He didn't know, but it sure hurt like hell! An open gash on his head had blood flowing freely. He didn't worry about himself, just her. Rolling to his side on the ground, he kept his eyes towards the sight in front of him and saw her enter a structure. She didn't keep running far. Now, I can catch up to her. He got up slowly, not wanting to make noise in case it would startle her again. He wasn't too far and her senses were too keen not to listen. One day she will kill me, I think. He ventured slowly through the woods, recognizing the area as Bunbatty Castle, her former home with Donnor. He saw in the distance the estate, and this barn was where she spent most of her time with her horse. He peered inside and saw her crying again. He wanted to comfort her. He didn't understand why she was in so much pain and it made him sad. He watched her through the barely open door. He wasn't going to lose her anymore.

He felt blood trickle down the side of his face, and he took a rag from his waste to wrap around his head. This will do for now..
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:01 pm

It was slow in coming, but a prickling of unease finally penetrated the haze of emotion Aasha was drowning in. Stiffening her back, she closed her eyes, absently rubbing her cheek against the horse's mane before turning towards the partially open door. She knew without looking who it was, the man had been following her for some unknown reason all day, even after she'd told him to stop. It could be no one else.

She didn't think of the tear marks on her face, nor did she think of the dust and sweat that had accumulated on her trek through the woods, only of setting Axle in his place so he would leave her be. Her fingers twitched, the desire to pull her dagger sharp and immediate, yet she fought the urge. She only pulled it when intending to torture or kill, and like it or not, this man was NNGO, therefore family of a sorts. She couldn't kill family she chose, not when he'd done nothing to wrong her...yet...but she knew the blades were close, easily reached if needed.

Advancing on him slowly, face set and footsteps deliberate, Aasha pushed the door open. Balling her small hands into fists, the girl aimed towards his chest, and let loose, hitting as fast and furiously as she could, not caring how many hit, or what damage that she did. Dun ya knows what the word NO means? I tole ya dinna foll'w me...an' yer here anyhow! I wanted to be 'lone, nae have ya watchin' me! Dun ya gots ears ta be hearin', a brain to be workin' an' figurin' when ya isna welcome?

She was taking out all of her pent up emotions on the physical form directly in front of her. Aasha was dimly aware that she wasn't being fair, but was too lost in her turmoil to notice, not even when her fists began to slow and the tears were flowing in rivulets down her face.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:43 pm

Axle5788 wrote:He saw as she stepped towards him in a defiant and determined manner and moved away from the door. She pushed it open, a little too hard, as it hit the barn and sort of bounced back as if to close from the force she had exerted upon it. He dropped his head, looking to the floor to avoid her eyes. He felt he was in trouble and didn't even know why.. well, he sort of did. He'd been following her all day despite her making it obvious she didn't want his company. She stepped up against him and before he could speak, he felt her hands bang, and pummel his chest. Her fists were hard and in anger, and he was shocked but he knew that she was not well. The scene of her crying from moments before flashed in his mind. He brought his hands up instinctively to try to protect his chest from all the pounding, but decided to let her go. Her frustrations and anger needed to be let out and as her friend, he needed to support her. Even if that meant bodily harm. Shocked

As her fists came slowly to a stop, tears rushed out and down her face. His hands finally came up to wrap around her wrists. Feel better? It was all he could say. Any more and she may remember she told him to leave... again.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:44 pm

She was tired, emotionally exhausted. The combination of too little sleep with a fast day's travel left her more weary than she'd ever felt. She had run before, but not like this. Not from something that was supposed to have been good, not even from herself. And that's what she was doing, running from the pain of her own disillusionment. He had promised her forever, and she had believed him. Thinking she was worth more than what her cousin had always claimed, hugging the knowledge that she had worth deep inside. Only to have it ripped out when he'd so callously walked away from her like she was nothing. It had been easy for him, not so her. She couldn't bury this, had to find a way to exorcise it.

Aasha didn't notice at first that he held her, sinking to the ground. She was trying to find that place inside she always went to when the beatings got too severe, the pull on her wrists insignificant. It was when she couldn't wrap her arms around herself that the feel of his hands registered, bringing her tear streaked face up to look.

Focusing on his hands around her wrists, Aasha's mind dredged up a memory. She had been brave enough to fight once, long ago. Doing much the same as she had done today to him. It had been ineffective then, she was but a child, defending herself against a bully. Maniacal laughter filled her mind, echoing madly. - Ya think to stop me? Yer just a brat, a simpleton. Can't hurt a real man, won't never gets one neither. Breaking his hold on her wrists, Thomas lashed out, the back of his hand knocking sharply into her cheek. -

Axle's voice partially broke through the echoing laughter, allowing her to focus on his hands, engulfing her wrists. Flinching as if she'd been struck, she met his eyes, the depth of pain in her own impossible to hide. Ain't gonna feel bett'r...why dun ya... Her voice broke, her chin dropping in defeat. Dun wanna feel nothin' ...nev'r...nothin'...ple'ze, makes me stops feelin'... Closing her eyes in despair, she tried in vain to shut everything out of her mind, hoping beyond hope for oblivion to take her.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:45 pm

Axle5788 wrote:She sunk to the ground, her hands still in his and he fell to his knees before her. He tried to catch her eyes, but she wouldn't look at him as if she was lost in thought. He felt bad for her. There was an aura of sadness about her and he didn't understand why. She finally looked at him, only long enough to see the tears on her face. She dropped her head moments later to mutter something. He hadn't heard her and he wanted to know what was going on. He dropped her hands in her lap, bringing his hands to her arms and shook her lightly. Stop it. No more crying. This isn't like you. I would know.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:45 pm

The weight of his hands on her arms broke through her self absorption, forcing her to remember where she was, and why. Aasha met his eyes, instinctively flinching away as he shook her. He was one of her troops, one of the guys who relied on her to lead them, to keep them safe. And here she was, blubbering like a wee bairn in front of him, making a fool of herself. Showing weakness, something she hadn't shown Donnor by choice, let alone anyone else. Something she'd even managed to hide from her cousin.

Aasha had been running enough in her life that she had a good head for faces and names. Forcing herself to concentrate, she searched his features, doing her best to place him. He was easy to recognize, having been one of the few she could count on to be behind her in almost every...or maybe even every platoon she ever lead. His name came quickly from there. Ya dun knows me Axle, ya dun knows how I'd be actin'. Dun tells me to stop dammit! Dun tells me ta do nothin'!

Pushing his hands off her arms, narrowing eyes glittering with anger, she stood. Aasha placed her hands on his chest, pushing him back with all her strength, vaguely aware she was still crying. Gets OUT! This isna yer place! Ya dun gots no idea 'bout who I am or what I'd be doin'. Jus' leave...its somethin' men is good at, so why ain't ya doin' it? GETS OUT!!
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:27 pm

Axle5788 wrote:He was confused. She pushed him away again and again and didn't seem to get that he wasn't going to leave her alone. Not here.. not in CC.. not anywhere. She pushed him back and he allowed himself to step back from her. She was upset and he didn't really know why until she started to rant. He listened to her before speaking in a low tone. I'm not leaving. She stepped forward to put her hands on his chest and push him back, and this time, he held her wrists. I said, I'm not leaving. No matter how upset or angry you get. I don't leave you behind, ever.

He had never spoken to her in this tone and was usually following her around like a puppy, but enough was enough. He had given her time to snap out of whatever it was she was going through and he wasn't going to let her milk it any longer. He brought her hands to her sides, then wrapped her up in a big hug. She could cry if she wanted or hit him if she could, but he wasn't going to leave and she needed to understand that. She didn't listen to him the easy way, and now.. it was going to have to be done the hard way. He knew she would probably find no comfort in his embrace but it was better than nothing at this point.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:29 pm

Teardrops glistened on her lashes as she glared at the man standing before her. She stiffened, her hands balling into fists when he grabbed her wrists. Lemme go! Everything within her was screaming for Aasha to hurt him, anything to make him release her. Anything to be alone, away from everyone who could possibly harm her.

Aasha was nothing if not impulsive. She didn't plan to tell him anything, but as enraged as she was, she couldn't curb her impulsive tongue. Why? An' ya will leaves. I dun heard how a man wouldna leave me 'fore. One what promised to be lovin' me fer'ver, nae matt'r wha' I dun 'fore, nae matt'r wha' happens laters. An' he walked 'way from me, didna come home, isna comin' backs. Showed me I isna 'portant, ain't good 'nuff ta be stayin' wit'. Why would I be believin' ya aft'r that? If'n Donnor ken leaves me, anybody ken. An' I ain't lettin' nobody hurts me nomores. There isna no fer'ver, jus' till yer bored, an' I ain't bein' someone what's gonna lets no man use 'er. So gets out!

She'd barely finished her rant, twisting her wrists within his grasp before he shifted her hands to her sides, wrapping his arms around her. She was shocked. Men didn't touch her or hold her, she had always made sure of that. Only allowing Donnor to take liberties...having enjoyed his touch more than she'd thought possible. There was comfort in the pressure, too much...she couldn't...

Twisting away as she jerked, Aasha swung as hard as she could towards his abdomen. . No!! Lemme go! The momentum of her jerk throwing her off balance, the girl fell backwards, scrambling to get away from him, memories of another barn assaulting her senses. Dun touch me...I isna yers...dun...touch...me... The world went dark as her exhausted body finally gave up, pulling her into a nightmare as she passed out.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  axle5788 Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:36 pm

She jerked away from his embrace and he was determined to have her in his arms again. She was defiant, but he could be even more so than her. She swung towards him and he stepped right into the assault. It was hard, and stung but not too hard to the point that it would stop him. She fell backwards and he reached forward to catch her but she had slipped from his reach too quickly. Just as she reached the ground, he had expected her to scramble away from him but she passed out in front of his eyes. He was worried, looking side to side than ahead of him and behind him. I didn't do anything! He exclaimed as if someone had been watching him.

He knelt down, picking her up in his arms and took her away from the castle grounds. He didn't want to be blamed for her unconsciousness. He hadn't touched or beat her and no one would believe him. His smithy wasn't too far from the castle grounds and it would be private. No one knew he was in town or expected his smithy to be open. He had never worked in town except on a couple of occasions and since he had been gone so long with NNGO, there were plenty of other citizens who were sure to have picked up the slack.

He entered the smithy through the back door into an area where he slept when he wanted to be nearby. He placed her on the cot and covered her with a blanket he had. He sat nearby watching and waiting until she would awaken.

Last edited by axle5788 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
axle5788
axle5788
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum