Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drinking Contest

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Drinking Contest - Page 2 Empty Re: Drinking Contest

Post  axle5788 Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:19 pm

When she paused, he answered her sarcastically. One of yours in what way? You only got one. He pointed to the bedding near her. When she said friends, he paused and took a step back. He didn't know she considered him a friend.. in ANY way, shape or form. He listened to the rest of her speech, then spoke again. You never listen to me, he huffed at her then left her tent quickly. The tent swooshed shut, and he looked across the way at his own tent. Again, he ventured back into the tent with Aasha. You always call me and idiot, or think I'm weak, or.. I don't know what! He yelled at her. Stop that! I don't never do that to you. And if I am a friend, you would not treat them like that else you would have no more friends.
axle5788
axle5788
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:28 pm

Aasha lowered her eyes, ready for him to lash out. She had seen men angry, fists always followed loud voices, fists or feet and she was standing, so he couldn't kick her well. Yer in my group Axle, yer a'ways in my group. I watch ou' fer those wha' I know. Takes care o' 'em...I... But he wasn't through, her eyes widened when he said she didn't listen. Was she supposed to listen to him? When did he tell her what to do anyway? He wasn't her commander, or family...but wait, she had listened. She had come back and gotten changed when he told her to go get out of her wet clothes hadn't she?

The girl wasn't going to point that out. If he couldn't see past his anger, who was she to say so? Aasha started to lay back down when he left, confused by what had just happened. She had barely gotten seated before he returned, yelling even more. Her voice rose when he finally finished; I dun gots many fr'ends now does I? Ain't had many ev'r, so if'n I dun knows how to treats 'em 'xcept to prot'ct 'em, tha' ain't my fault! If'n ya dun wanna be my fr'end, then jus' leave! I dun needs nobody nohow. Bett'r off 'lone so nobody gets mad o' hurts me. Jus'...why is ya a'ways there when I'm hurtin'? Ya seen me hurtin' an' I dun likes it Axle...jus' goes an' lets me sleep. Dun acts likes an idgit an' I willna calls ya one. Ya did good fightin'...I gots it, ya dun needs me.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  axle5788 Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:47 pm

He felt his hands crunch into fists. Growling at her, You make me angry! I didn't say I didn't want to be your friend, but you shouldn't treat me like a dog or idiot or kid. I'm not any of them. And I never hurt you. You always hurt me. And don't seem to care. See? Thats not how you treat your friends. Maybe you should see how I treats ya, and act the same way. I helps you even if you don't want my help. I try to keep you safe. I try to make sure you're not bleeding or hungry. I make you angry and keep you on your toes with following you. I don't never leaves you like others. And you don't even notice.
axle5788
axle5788
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:07 pm

How does I a'ways hurts ya? I didna hurts ya, I didna stabs ya o' nothin'. When did I hurts ya? Aasha wrapped her arms around herself, wanting to hide from his anger, waiting for it to turn physical. Even her cousin hadn't yelled like this. Why were his words so sharp, they were hurting without him pulling any weapons, without him touching her at all. She hadn't hurt him, she had watched out for him, just like she had with all the rest of her troops. So ya wants me to follow ya 'round? No, I ain't doin' tha'. Yah, yer makin' me angry now, an' ya ken leaves me when'v'r ya wants to. I didna tells ya to stay. I knows yer there, dun stops ya from follow'n ev'n when ya dun gotta.

Aasha turned and walked further into the tent, blending into the shadows to hide herself as best she could. His words regarding people leaving cut deep. He was right, Aimar had left, Tiffanyanne, Donnor...hell even Obli wasn't here yet, and it was late enough that he should have been back by now. Why was she so easy to walk away from? Why did she keep pushing them away? Her voice was thick with emotion when she whispered; Jus' goes to yer tent an' sleeps Axle, lets me sleep. I didna tells ya o' asks ya to watch ou' fer me, I dun wants ya to...dun wants nobody to...jus' lets me be 'lone.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  axle5788 Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:39 pm

In the forest, when you was crying when Donnor didn't come home, he answered her. You left home, and I went with you. You got mad at me and hits my chest. I didn't do nothing to ya. He shook his head. I don't want you following me around. I want you to care. Why have friends if'n you don't care about them? I follows because you aren't always clear headed, and someone has'ta watch out for you. Nobody else is gonna do it, and I'd be sad if'n ya didn't wake up ever again.

Why you always want to be alone? Why can't you always be peaceful with company? You always need to fight with people instead o' listening and talking. It's always what you want and never anybody else. Selfish is what that is. I'm not selfish, but I gets tired of you bossin' me a'ound likes you do. He slumped to the floor and sat down. He figured it was going to be a long conversation and was getting tired of standing. At least his anger had dissipated a bit.
axle5788
axle5788
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:53 pm

Aasha closed her eyes tight, trying to block the memory he was dredging up. He lef' me Axle, wha' was I 'posed to do? It hurts, is tha' wha' yer wantin' to hear? I was hurtin', an' ya wouldna lets me be so I ken hurts wit'ou' ya seein' it. I dun likes nobody seein' me hurtin'. Ya lets me hits ya, an' then ya saw me cryin'. Nobody sees me cryin', I ain't 'posed to cry. She swallowed back the horrible lump in her throat and lowered her eyes further, her arms clutching herself as if to hold all of the pain inside.

If'n I hurts ya, why does ya care to watch ou' fer me? If'n ya'd leave me be, ya wouldna gets hurt.
She looked towards him, shaking her head when he sat down instead of leaving. Bloody hell, he was stubborn. Wasn't leaving even now, wanting to talk when she just wanted to nurse her pain. How oft'n ya thinks I gets wha' I wants? Hell Axle, ya dun list'n to me now, ya ain't list'ned to me 'fore. Its eas'r bein' 'lone, then I ken nae be hurts nom're. Ev'n ones wha' says they cares 'bout me leaves, o' jus' dun comes back. She ignored him calling her selfish, he obviously didn't know her at all. She had been called many things in her life, selfish was not one of them. Shaking her head, she whispered; Ya dun gots to yell fer me to list'n, an' ya dun talks to me nohow.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  axle5788 Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:00 pm

That is true.. He nodded when she said he let her hit him. I knows you, and thats what you needed. I didn't leave you. Not then, not now. Not even in Ireland. I always follow you, even if'n you tells me to leave, I follow. You don't always mean whats you say.

He brought his cheek to rest against his palm, propping himself up as she talked. Because, I don't wants to leave you behind. I cares about you, even if you don't cares about me. I went to swim and came back. I didna leaves for good, not like the others. You don't see that because you don't want to see that. I'm always around, watching, helping, even getting hits for you.

I don't talks to you, because you always busy talking to others and there is never no time. We don't sit often. And you knows I don't drink neithers, I tol' you that before. And I make my own foods, I don't trust the people here.
axle5788
axle5788
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:16 pm

I needed to be 'lone. To fig're ou' wha' makes it so easy fer folk to walk 'way from me. To know why I ain't...jus' needed to be 'lone. Ya wasna gonna lets me be 'lone likes I needed. Ya was followin' me, bu' I meant it when I said dun follow. I do bett'r 'lone. I'm good a' tha', nobody gets hurts then.

Aasha gestured around the tent. Ya said I was drunks an' passed ou'. Obli musta know'd tha' an' he lef' me be till I wasna ready to hurts nobody. He ain't 'ere now is he? But ya knows I was angry an' ya w'uldna lets me be so I ken calm down. Ya jus' wants to push me an' nae lets me be. I tries to helps ya when I ken. Nae drinkin' is silly, dunno why ya dun do tha'. Axle, when does ya sees me talkin' to many peoples? I dun much, I follows ord'rs an' leads ya'll where I'm tol' to. Tha's wha' I does good. We is safe 'ere, nobody 'ere is gonna hurts us, nae in camp.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  axle5788 Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:33 pm

You always want to be alone, but that doesn't mean you should be. What if something happens to you? You didn't know abouts the hay till I tol' ya about it. See? Sometimes you should listen to other people instead of thinkin' you knows everything. If you are alone, you can gets hurt and that would not be good for lots of people, especially your family.

I haven't seen Obli neithers. I don't push you. You just don't likes company, but thats not my fault. You are always talking to lots of people, more than I know and I been in NNGO for a longs time now too. English never gives up. They always attack in one way or another even if they gon' lose. Thats why we been killing a bunch of them every night at the walls. I know, I been there killing thems.
He didn't have much else to say so he just stayed quiet after that.
axle5788
axle5788
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:45 pm

Ya knows, when I was 'lone, I didna gets hurt. T'was when I was wit' folk tha' I gots hurt...my co'sin, Donnor, folks tha' ya dun knows. When I cares I gets hurts. Aasha glanced at Axle, then down at her feet. I list'ns to oth'rs, ev'n when they thinks I dun. I knows I dunno ev'rythin' Axle, 'nuff folk tol' me 'fore tha' I ain't smart...

At the word family, Aasha paused, thinking of those she had become close to in the Tudors. A few treated her as good as her parents did, like Tiffanyanne did...others she didn't know very well, but they were a tight knit group. Not the way her cousin or uncle were, they actually cared and took an interest. She wasn't sure that Axle was right about her being hurt not being good for them, they were probably better off without her. It was safer for them that way, nobody had to defend her then.

Aasha looked back up, and tried to smile, hoping to hide her discomfort. Talkin' to folk, an' 'em knowin' anythin' 'bout me isna the same thing. Ya does push me...ya foll'ws ev'n when I says dun do't. She sat, pulling the blanket up over her, inexplicably chilled. Yer doin' good killin' 'em wha' comes fer us. I knows ya have, guess'n' I sh'ulda tol' ya.

Last edited by Aasha on Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  axle5788 Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:08 pm

A gust of wind entered through the doors of the tent, and Axle wasn't wearing a shirt. He was damp, so he couldn't put his shirt back on. Its late. I needs to sleep. I have duty on the walls tomorrow and can't get sick. There's no doctors around here. And the English won't let their doctors treat us anyways.

He lifted up, and headed towards the tent opening. I hopes Obli comes back. If'n he doesn't, you know wheres I am. I won't leaves ya. Thinks you should know that already.
axle5788
axle5788
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aasha Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:19 pm

Aasha felt the chill when the doors flapped open, even with the blanket up over her. She glanced back at Axle, nodding as he said it was late. Umm...thanks Axle, fer...ya sh'uld gets some sleeps an' I'm gonna goes backs to sleeps. If'n I ken, she added under her breath, still doing her best to hide her discomfort. She thought of telling Axle her opinion on doctors, but held her tongue. English or not, they creeped her out, not something she was going to admit if she could help it.

Watching him head towards the tent door, she nodded in the dark. I'm sure he'll be backs, an' if'n he ain't... her voice trailed off, her arms re-wrapping around herself at the pang in her heart. Could she really handle losing another lover? It wasn't something she was prepared to think about, the headache she'd been fighting coming back full force. I'll sees ya onna walls then. Nights Axle. Once the tent door flapped behind him, she curled up into a ball, willing sleep as bad memories attempted to steal into her thoughts. Dammit, why couldn't she stop thinking when she wanted to? It was the last thought she had before drifting off, the events of the evening catching up in a way that even Aasha couldn't fight.
Aasha
Aasha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2