Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP] High time for frankness and honesty

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

[RP] High time for frankness and honesty - Page 5 Empty Re: [RP] High time for frankness and honesty

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:14 am

Arthur_loxley wrote:People can continue with the banter, joking, and sarcastic comments all they want.

However, and please engrave this into each of your heads:
Arthur_Loxley wrote:Stafford is NOT declaring war on the county of Chester. We are having war-games to increase activity and it is actually fun!
The war games has brought out 22 people to participate. Things are getting excited on both sides. I've even being asked about rosters as they seem to think I am omniscient. Laughing
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

[RP] High time for frankness and honesty - Page 5 Empty Re: [RP] High time for frankness and honesty

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:15 am

Faradorn wrote:Good luck with the war games.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Chrisiusmaximus wrote:
TheRedChef wrote:
Ploate wrote:
Philipthegravedigger wrote:For the record:

When there is a civil war, and there will be one soon, and when Stafford wins, and we will certainly win, I claim dibs on Holywell.

That is all.

I think the purpose of these Stafford war games is becoming clearer and clearer.

Don't be foolish. Our plan is to sack Barnstable, turn it indy, and laugh as farmers can no longer buy animals.

OH NO!!! I've said too much! Abort! Abort! Abort! Plan Q! Plan Q!

Seriously though, if I was going to attack Holywell, would I give ChrisiusBoorificus the chance to drone on endlessly about it? Because nobody wants that. Nobody.

Another retarded comment from you, oh dear me ive commited the crime of booring you, what is the penalty for this ? to have you foolishly alter my name and think that your a clever boy ?

Shall we compare our criminal records or would you prefer not ?

Come to Barnstaple if you think it worth your time, I am there right now, however as I travel frequently you may have a wasted journey if your intent is to impress me, but then again I would surely love to be in the Army that takes your head.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Chrisiusmaximus wrote:
Rainchaser77 wrote:Rain watches after Myxti for a moment, hoping she really does go. Rain had not had a choice but to deal with stressful politics when she was carrying Emma, and it had taken a toll on her and the child in triggering the birth too soon. They had both been lucky to survive, and she would not see that same thing happen to her family if she could help it.

"Sir Chrisius, do you mean the fighting in Chester that Stafford assisted in with troops and goods? Yes, that was horrible of Stafford, wouldn't you say?" She rolls her eyes. "I've never seen anyone make such an issue over people refusing to deal with people they don't agree with. And really..." She tilts her head to one side slightly and her mouth twists derisively. What is the point? They just aren't listening, and she's missing the latest score from the games standing here arguing with people who want nothing but to take shots at her home--as usual.

Rain waves both hands as if pushing them away, dismissing the lot of them before turning on her heel and leaving. Maybe she could still catch Myxti and they could travel together. Maybe Myxti has cookies. She usually does these days. The further she gets from the obnoxious crowd, the lighter her steps become. She sings softly under her breath a song she often hears from her friend,
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me..."

Lady Rainchaser I dont think I even knew that Stafford assisted Chester or that I even commented that Stafford didnt assist Chester, in fact Id go as far to say that I have no idea what on earth you are on about or any incling as to how your statement here has any connection to any of my statement that you were responding to.

In fact id even say your statement is completly pointless given the context of my own, please enlighten me if you will as to what exactly your point is.

Or you could just roll your eyes as you so often do !
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:30 am

Alamothih wrote:Can i roll my eyes? Stupidity often makes me look as though im having a fit my brother tells me, and theres plenty of it here Al rolls his eyes twice for emphasis, and takes a swig of his flask
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Chrisiusmaximus wrote:Good Sir you can roll your eyes as much as you like, it is certainly not for me to tell you that you cannot.

Whether any amount of eye rolling will alleviate the tensions between your two counties though is something I doubt.

I stated earlier in this thread I didnt want to hear who did what and the why for's etc, and that the leaders of the two counties should work towards peaceful relations.

Dukes or Duchesses are duty bound to find amicable solutions to disputes their counties may have with another Arthur really should be working his backside off to resolve matters and looking for compromises.

I have stated my dissapointment, that remains, I have stated Stafford could benefit from some new life in its politics, that still is my view, your eye rolling and all others who may wish to eye roll with you will not convince me im wrong in any of my assesments.

I hope Chester and Stafford can resolve matters in the end, amicably.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Ploate wrote:Ok, clarification is needed. No, I was not joking.

You don't have to be a military genius to see that these Games are a perfect excuse for trouble makers to gather, create armies and well, cause trouble.

Add to that who Stafford appointed as organizer (or whatever they called it) of the Games. I'm not going to go on a speech of "what Theredchef did", I'm sure there are enough people around who are great at doing this. What is important is the fact that Stafford allowed this person to act as spokeperson for their little 'exercise'. Not exactly the wisest of moves, given the person's history.

Add to that the current tensions between Stafford and Chester (and maybe Cumberland, although there is a county in between). These are quite big diplomatic blunders, if you at the same time organize a big army exercise.

Put everything together, and you have a nice keg of gunpowder, and it's not even the organizers that need to light the fuse. It can just as well blow up in their face, if they have good intentions.

Does this mean there will be trouble? No. I'm not in on the reasons behind doors for everything that is happening. What I am saying is that Stafford is doing quite their best to pave the path for troublemakers, as in making it easier for them.

Essentially I mean that I won't be a bit suprised when an army leader decides to go Twisted Evil, declares the games over and starts to create some real mess. I will be compelled to cry 'I told you so', pointing out the stupidity of the ones who caused all this.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Salter wrote:Salter applauds the CHief Justice quietly but with full motion
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Alamothih wrote:Al yawns loudly stretching his arms. He was getting bored, 16 months in politics without break and yet there was.... still constant drivel. With a glance at Red, and then his brother he decided to send his assistants home to collect his mayor and council ledgers, they might provide something more insightful than this so called discussion
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:31 am

Teh_uberness wrote:This has become a joke...a farce. I was angry before...but now it's all I can do to keep myself from laughing.

I still have some respect for those who are playing the doomsayers and Stafford-haters. But if this keeps up much longer...well... Rolling Eyes
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Chrisiusmaximus wrote:I see becoming Barons and Earls does not limit ones capacity for sarcasm and bad manners.

The cream of England ?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Emmy01 wrote:It is what i stated before,That the councils FROM both counties are acting out of orders. If you run for council, and get it, THEN your behavir should reflect that of the title of council representive. It appears the councils from both sides want to play children. I reckon both counties need to find new replacements for thier councils, because the way it going now, they won`t have any local support of the people.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Dewaugh wrote:Kettle and Black , springs to mind , Chris

Why would we sully ourselves attacking Chester . I'd rather poke my own eye out with a sharp stick then try and damage Chester .

It's damaged enough , thanks to it's former Duchess and it's new Legal Corpus ( I'm not a great legal mind but I can can even see great big problems with it )

I can assure you that the ongoing Wargames , are only being run as an exercise to try get more people involved Stafford Life ie in RP etc.
It is not being used to mask an Offensive on Chester or anyone else for that matter .
The only army that has had approval for Creation so far , is our Current Captain's Army .
He is currently trying out the army with regards to recuiting etc so that he gets a feel for it , because I do believe that all Captains ( In Stafford ) in the future , should know to form an army and how it works ( if not only for the safety of Stafford but also for the benefit and safety of England )

If you can't believe me on this issue , you will not believe anyone else .
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Faradorn wrote:
Emmy01 wrote:It is what i stated before,That the councils FROM both counties are acting out of orders. If you run for council, and get it, THEN your behavir should reflect that of the title of council representive. It appears the councils from both sides want to play children. I reckon both counties need to find new replacements for thier councils, because the way it going now, they won`t have any local support of the people.

But I've hardly said anything recently. I stopped arguing and everything. Sad

I can't comment on local support in Stafford since I don't live there, but I wouldn't say I'm hated for my actions or anything like it. If citizens of Chester feel offended, I am sorry. But until the hate-mail rolls in, I'll keep doing my job. Smile
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Slon wrote:
Do your research, its clear that Stafford doesn't want to take part in this and that only a small minority are actively fighting. The others are just showing that they're not going to negotiate and that whats done is done and will remain done.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:32 am

Lynna wrote:Lynna had been listening to the words spoken while visiting the commons, she saw her Husband busy talking and took the opportunity. Much of what was said was rubbish and she couldn't understand why people continued to spout words with no knowledge of what they are talking about. Accusations, insults, innuendos of matters that did not concern them or had no affect on them. No wonder she and the people of Stafford are retaliating the way they are. She wonders of these people that are speaking who are not even from Chester or Stafford and who is spreading these rumours, because surely they are not speaking from what is only said here as that would be idiotic on matters so important. People she had the utmost respect for, that respect now waning in the distance somewhere in the back of her thoughts.

To those that may care to listen she will say this only once as she stood to speak to the few that gathered.

It has been a long time coming, it is not Stafford that is dividing the nation, all of you that don't know of why the situations have come to be as they are shouldn't be speaking at all without asking of a situation and getting both sides, instead of discussion you have already taken a view and continue to bait, harrass and speak untruths, when are those that aren't from Chester or Stafford going to stop? Maybe when you have widen the rift to an irreparable state? Then leave the mess you have helped create?

Cumberland are the ones that took it upon themselves to guard the northern border the way they did expecting the rest of England to be sending manpower, food and money because they are protecting us all from an invasion from the north. There was no call from the HoP for a state of emergency to warrant this action just paranoia from those that saw an imaginary threat. Granted there was a time with the reavers that saw a real need to step up which the County of Stafford did by sending manpower and food. Stafford has said in the cancelation of it's judicial treat talks that in the case of a national threat they would be there to assist in any capacity that they could.

Some of you don't even take proclamations as such into account in the words you spit, only seeking the negatives to once again say oh look at Stafford not wanting to do their part, wanting to go independant thinking they are better than anyone else the bullies. She sighs as the thoughts run through her head being the last Ambassador of Stafford at this time to step through the doors of the Cumberland Embassy. Recalled by her County yes but locked out of the office before she had a chance to collect her belongings and say her goodbyes.

Then Chester, goodness she thought, Just because Stafford does not want to have a judicial treaty with them, at this time, because of their legal corpus they have gone stark raving mad, fabricating all kinds of stories and accusations, luring people into the falsehoods to go along with them, adding fuel to the fire. The instigators clearly seen here amongst you all. Should we mention things like the Northern alliance where those in charge felt they had to discuss letting certain people enter their halls from Stafford when there when the other counties that could have who ever they wanted granted admittance and even more than the number allowed? I guess not because that is only another issue that has brought all this to a head, and an issue that most of you are once again unaware of. No other action has been taken only the withdrawal of the judicial treaty, if they need stone for their mines or anything at all, all they need to do is ask. This includes asking for a case to be heard on Stafford soil, none of these things depend on an active Judicial treaty.

And now, in a discussion which had nothing to do with our current County activity, you bring in about the Stafford War games. Honestly when will you cease, you have no clue as to how the games have been set up unless you are participating. You think this is something that has just popped out of no where when in fact talks of such an event have been in discussion for many many months, again before the games now as far back as early July, the event itself was pushed back a couple of times because we weren't quite ready for it to begin.

Everyone was invited to participate but you all stood back, probably because you are scared to participate in something that might actually be fun, or was it because you realised that there would be no actual blood split and you crave the need for battle? Yes please sit back and enjoy our successes, and the ability to provide our County with stimulation and creativity. Maybe it is jealousy because you have no one who can actually create an activity, using random dice roles to see if what your have done that day results in a win or a loss. The rules stated that you could even enter the games later than the start, I for one would like to now see that recinded especially if it's from those that have spoken here, as they would do nothing but try and destroy the activity just so they could say I told you so.

She looked over at her Husband hoping he wasn't too upset with her for speaking on the matter and smiled at him lovingly before joining him by his side. Maybe we should head home Love she said quietly, these people have no idea and are really not worth the effort to explain to as they only seem to want to listen to the ones that don't know what they are talking about.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lorddragon wrote:Stafford pulled out of the Northern Alliance faster the Worcester did... And that brought a "Wow that was fast" vapor trail.

The simple signing of a mutual co-operation act was all the NA needed to be made official. Instead everyone and their mother claimed it was going to start the civil war...

So now we are repeating that point in history once again... Congrats.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Emmy01 wrote:Slon, If you read more into what i said, You would understand that a council should head off these issues and solve them peacefully and tactfully, not out here. However it is out here.If both councils can agree to sit down and handle this dispute then let it be. I have been observing this discussion, and i seems there is a ego along most of the council members involved.Swallow the ego and pride people and handle this with the grace and dignity that council members are suppose to have, instead of acting like children.

Faradorn, I humbly apologize. I was not attacking you.I seen where you took your cutout of this issue.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:
Ploate wrote:Ok, clarification is needed. No, I was not joking.

You don't have to be a military genius to see that these Games are a perfect excuse for trouble makers to gather, create armies and well, cause trouble.

Add to that who Stafford appointed as organizer (or whatever they called it) of the Games. I'm not going to go on a speech of "what Theredchef did", I'm sure there are enough people around who are great at doing this. What is important is the fact that Stafford allowed this person to act as spokeperson for their little 'exercise'. Not exactly the wisest of moves, given the person's history.

Add to that the current tensions between Stafford and Chester (and maybe Cumberland, although there is a county in between). These are quite big diplomatic blunders, if you at the same time organize a big army exercise.

Put everything together, and you have a nice keg of gunpowder, and it's not even the organizers that need to light the fuse. It can just as well blow up in their face, if they have good intentions.

Does this mean there will be trouble? No. I'm not in on the reasons behind doors for everything that is happening. What I am saying is that Stafford is doing quite their best to pave the path for troublemakers, as in making it easier for them.

Essentially I mean that I won't be a bit suprised when an army leader decides to go Twisted Evil, declares the games over and starts to create some real mess. I will be compelled to cry 'I told you so', pointing out the stupidity of the ones who caused all this.

Have you read Stafford Law?
Have you read the rules of the War games?
Do you know why the organizers of this event were chosen?
Do you know where the discussions for the war-games occurred?
Have you attempted to gather more information before forming your opinion?

Here are some answers for the nay-sayers:
A copy of Stafford Law - Armies
A copy of the war-game rules. Or come visit where the games are being hosted.
The Council has been using a buddy system to run community events. The complexity of the jobs that people hold on Council are factored in when deciding the buddy system. At the time, TheRedChef was public prosecutor and had simple cases before him which would be completed soon.
Current Community Planned RP's:
[RP] Oath of Office - led by Moose/Arthur - started: August 18th, 2009 ; completed: August 26th, 2009
[RP] War Games - led by Jorne/Red - start date: September 14th, 2009
[RP] Dwarves & Mine Incentives - led by Lynna/Red - start date: August 24th, 2009 ; completed: September 14th, 2009
The discussions regarding war-games occurred in Stafford Parliament and open Council Chambers. TheRedChef had the most complete and workable solution to implementing and administering the war games. Each and every councilor has addressed/discussed issues that could be problematic. Precautions are taken in how army commanders are chosen to alleviate any fears of our neighbors. The only current army is commanded by our Captain, Jorne. Are you questioning his integrity?

Emmy,

Chester and Stafford have nothing to discuss. The judicial treaty terms are clear. It is all or nothing. There is no partial judicial treaty that can be negotiated. Nothing has changed with regards to trade or military on our part.

Lorddragon,

From what I have been informed, Stafford pulled out of the Northern Alliance because it no longer benefited or corresponded with the ideals and principle of Stafford. The Northern Alliance members preferred to deal with each other than those who were not a part creating a division, which is still seen today. It was also controlled by Chester county (in terms of moderation) and not as a whole. After repeated requests to remove certain members as representatives of Stafford, these same individuals were instead made representatives for Chester. When Stafford wanted to include interested citizens to participate in the issues discussed by the Northern Alliance, a discussion was deemed to be necessary prior to admittance when Stafford was nowhere near the 5-person cap after having removed inactive people. Chester had more representatives in the Northern Alliance chambers than any other member. This is something that Stafford found unfair, and the balance was again tipped to Chester's side. After repeated issues with the procedures that were decided to be implemented when new representatives from Stafford were put forth and harassment of councilors in private, Stafford was fed up and decided it was no longer an institution that we wanted to be a part of.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Viceroy wrote:
Kjolmar wrote:
Viceroy wrote:You know, I think it's high time I walked in with my bag of popcorn.
I resisted the urge to bring some, but I'm starting to regret that.
Salted or sweet popcorn?

Salted Smile
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Philipthegravedigger wrote:Remember....Dibs on Holywell. Just so no one says I didn't call dibs.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:33 am

Kjolmar wrote:
Viceroy wrote:Salted Smile
Oh, buggers. I'm quite the sweet-tooth.

So, what are we having as dessert? Crippled Chesterian or burned Staffordian?
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Emmy01 wrote:Salt and butter Viceroy. yummy.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Faradorn wrote:I don't think shotgun rules apply on towns Phil Razz
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

TheRedChef wrote:Darn right they don't. This is Wolves we're talking about, so he's gotta pee on the town hall or something.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next