Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP] Announcing Stafford Wargames

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[RP] Announcing Stafford Wargames - Page 2 Empty Re: [RP] Announcing Stafford Wargames

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:27 pm

Gabrielle_ wrote:Applauds Teh for his well said words
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

[RP] Announcing Stafford Wargames - Page 2 Empty Re: [RP] Announcing Stafford Wargames

TheRedChef wrote:
Talisman wrote:
Slon wrote:I can't think of any reason that other counties would need to know where Stafford's armies are moving, they're not supposed to cross the border.

Special Rules:
The Blue Team may enter Chester and Worcester in order to travel between Shrewsbury/Stafford and Ludlow/Birmingham/Coventry. They may not spend more then 3 days outside the Stafford County, and may only take an IG army outside of Stafford County if they get the neighboring county's permission.

Excuse me?

You are contradicting yourself here.

I'm not aware of Worcester's council having approved the movement of any armies within Worcester for any reason, nor am I aware of any special dispensation by which Stafford may approve such movements on Worcester's behalf.

As the Knight Commander of a neighbouring county, I must express great concern at such liberties being taken with our territory and the attitude that we have no need of being informed of armies being created and moving around (and apparently within) our borders.

I'll also take this opportunity to remind organizers and participants of the Worcester laws requiring council approval for any groups greater than 4 members. Participants in this exercise have not, to the best of my knowledge, requested or been granted such dispensation.

While I find the initiatives towards such wargames laudable, I must express disappointment with the apparent lack of regard for diplomacy and courtesy to Worcester.

Talisman- Please read the rules that you quoted carefully before launching into a frenzy. I've highlighted the section you overlooked. There is no contradiction here at all, except that the armies in the game wouldn't be Stafford's armies at all, with the possible exception of the captain using his ex oficio ability to create an army if he decides to play. They are entirely private armies.

I would be very disappointed if you used Worcester law to harass people trying to play a game. We in Stafford believe in free travel for all, that is one of the reasons our embassy is negotiating free passage for our citizens with Worcester as long as that unfortunate law still stands.

If you're really worried, then I suggest that your best course of action is to sign up and play so that you can "keep an eye on things," and have some fun.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Amathystzoe wrote:
It's also in the county inn which is public.

Sorry, a better way to say might have been a MORE public place, for example the Commons, here Smile

I see some good points being made...with a little diplomacy, this could be fun...
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lynna wrote:This has been discussed for months in Stafford and in Stafford Parliament giving a wide range of citizens the opportunity to speak about war games. It is sad to see those comments so negatively applied and demanding from our neighbours, dictating how we should be handling a county event. I don't recall seeing an official notice to Stafford from Worcester to say they have raised an army recently, which is still standing. If there was notification I apologise.

The rules have been very well thought out and stated, this is meant to be a fun experience for anyone to participate in.

Those that would like the opportunity to be involved that are not part of a military force or private militia are welcome to have that experience. As is anyone else.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

TheRedChef wrote:
Salter wrote:Will the Counties of the Surrounding Area be informed of Each IG armies Movements, Information, Numbers etc ?

Best way to find out is to join the game and play it, rather then persistent instigation.

We're under no obligation to disclose information given to us in confidence by third parties. It would be wrong to break that trust for many reasons.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:29 pm

Talisman wrote:Beg my forgiveness for expressing concerns over Worcester's security. How silly of me. I shall now consider myself completely chastised.

Yes, by all means give groups carte blanche to create manned armies on our borders. We won't worry about that at all.

No siree.

Although if I was of a mind to attempt an assault on another county, I couldn't think of an atmosphere more conducive to allowing that to happen.

Worcester law is Worcester law. If a group fails to observe our laws, regardless of what you think of them, then I would fully expect our Public Prosecutor to bring appropriate charges and our Judge to rule on them according to the evidence presented.

I'm sorry you might think the County actually enforcing it's laws to be harrassment. I consider it to be enforcing the laws, and nothing more.

As far as participation goes, I'm sure I'll be discussing the wisdom of that with the Duchess, council and captain. Let's just say I won't sleep well at night if we're not adequately prepared to respond to some malcontents taking advantage of carte blanche army formations on our borders.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:29 pm

Talisman wrote:
Lynna wrote:This has been discussed for months in Stafford and in Stafford Parliament giving a wide range of citizens the opportunity to speak about war games. It is sad to see those comments so negatively applied and demanding from our neighbours, dictating how we should be handling a county event. I don't recall seeing an official notice to Stafford from Worcester to say they have raised an army recently, which is still standing. If there was notification I apologise.

The rules have been very well thought out and stated, this is meant to be a fun experience for anyone to participate in.

Those that would like the opportunity to be involved that are not part of a military force or private militia are welcome to have that experience. As is anyone else.

At no time has our army approached the borders of any of our neighbours. If it were to do so, then yes, you would be informed.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:30 pm

Lynna wrote:Sir, my comment was pointed more towards the comments about giving neighbouring counties warnings of raising an army, I had apologised if Worcester had given notification of such. Stafford did not jump up and down about an army being raised in Hereford which is effectively only one days move from your army being on our soil, and we would have need to be concerned by your own comments if that was the case. However, it is not.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:30 pm

Gabrielle_ wrote:Gabby is aghast,
Are you all so insecure to think that one county would attack another? Truly, I have gelded swine and horses with more fortitude of a masculine nature.

Edited by {Anteater}
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:35 pm

TheRedChef wrote:
Talisman wrote:At no time has our army approached the borders of any of our neighbours. If it were to do so, then yes, you would be informed.

Seeing how your County is 100% border and Stafford never got official notice of the Army in Hereford, I fail to see how you can honestly stand by that statement.

Let's keep politicking out of these thread please.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:
TheRedChef wrote:
Talisman wrote:At no time has our army approached the borders of any of our neighbours. If it were to do so, then yes, you would be informed.

Seeing how your County is 100% border and Stafford never got official notice of the Army in Hereford, I fail to see how you can honestly stand by that statement.

Let's keep politicking out of these thread please.

Yes, please! No politicking. Stafford and Worcester are friends. Talisman, you can join the games or not. It's up to you. But if there isn't anything going on in Worcester during the period of the war games, come visit! I'll buy you an ale or three. Wink
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

TheRedChef wrote:Talisman, please extend the invitation to Trishsa, the general of the Forresters Brigade. She is more then welcome to bring her army to play in the wargames.

You're more then welcome to come too. It's more fun then being mayor.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

TheRedChef wrote:I'll add a bit about the Worcester group laws when I update the rules.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:36 pm

Tazatron wrote:Greetings Lord Loxley,

Chester applauds Stafford and your ways to try and get people involved.

By all means have all the fun you want, but please keep it on Stafford grounds, Chester will not grant permission to any outside army to enter it's territories at this time.

We wish you luck.

Taz
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lynna wrote:There is actually more to this than has been shown so far, it is noted here in the scenerio that there is real bread given to those participating to cover food for those in the armies. There is also the great RP we are hoping to have going while this is happening and prizes. Those not in the County of Stafford to be able to see the full discussion in our council room are maybe not aware of this yet.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:
Tazatron wrote:Greetings Lord Loxley,

Chester applauds Stafford and your ways to try and get people involved.

By all means have all the fun you want, but please keep it on Stafford grounds, Chester will not grant permission to any outside army to enter it's territories at this time.

We wish you luck.

Taz

Thank you for the well wishes! Wink Please advertise this in your county inn. Maybe Chester folks would like to participate in our war games.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Lizabet wrote:This does indeed sound like an interesting and fun exercise. I'm sure the worries from citizens of neighboring counties will be for naught, as the rules seem quite explicit. Though I'm not sure how the armies can enter Chester or Worcester when it is clearly stated that anyone leaving the playing field (Stafford) will be forfeited.. but that's a problem for Stafford to work out. Very Happy

Thank you all for reminding everyone of the Worcester Group law. Whether this is a good law or not it is still our law, and we do not wish to see innocent players caught unawares. I am sure that all participants will respect our laws when entering our county. For those of you who have any questions, here is the law that would pertain to this activity:

006 Unauthorized Armed Groups and Armies

No military organization or group of combative nature is allowed to move, exist or recruit in the County of Worcester without Charter. Persons involved in groups of combative or military nature violating this provision shall respond for the charge of Public Disorder to be tried by a competent tribunal. County council can excuse armed groups from this provision by simple majority vote as defined by County laws, upon petition. Military groups under the control of Mayors elected and/ or the County Council -and armed groups of no more than four persons - remain exempt from this provision.

006.1 The crime of being involved in unauthorized armed groups and armies shall be punishable with imprisonment of up to three days and a fine of up to 500 pounds as per discretion of the Judge.

Please note, for all who intend on participating, that any group larger in size than 4 (5 and up) must first have either a charter with us or petition our Council for permission to enter our county. I assure you that any such petitions will be met with a prompt response. Smile
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Faradorn wrote:A well thought out game. I don't think I will be personally participating simply because I don't have the time. A great shame.

I appreciate that there are concerns of armies playing around on the borders, it is only natural for one to want other english men and women to abide by their counties laws when in that county. However, I'm sure we will all be fine on this one.

Have fun and remember the rules.

OOC: Shame the IG mechanics are so awkward at times to make such an event so complicated to plan and use 'risky' mechanics. Bravo on the planning efforts though.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Slon wrote:So many of you are overreacting. Accept the fact that the armies will not enter your county without permission from your Council and deal with it. If the armies do cross, raise an army and kill them, and you can probably expect some people to be prosecuted when they return to Stafford. Rolling Eyes

OOC: Lynna, I once heard that only people currently in Stafford County can see the Stafford Council forums, assuming that they are not a Stafford Councilor.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:40 pm

Jorne wrote:
For that, I do apologize to those in Stafford who took offense, however I will still observe that I'm disappointed that rather than attempting to have my concerns alleviated, the chosen response was one of attack vice diplomacy. However, that can remain for another discussion elsewhere.

Apology accepted, Lord Talisman! I would also like to apologize if the chosen response appeared rude, we have been through a long discussion on this so some initially seen concerns such as yours may have looked like a repetitive argument.

I encourage everyone to sign up and participate or even come and visit or observe. We have been looking for opportunities to enjoy the fun of controlling armies while also maintaining a safe environment while doing so. The raising of these armies also gives a chance for more army way players to progress to the elusive level four.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

TheRedChef wrote:Talisman-
There are two teams, but depending on their strategy, they may deploy more then one army. As one of the goals of the war games is to help Army Way players advance and to broaden the appeal of that segment of the game, the more armies, the better.

Any army playing in the games is restricted by the covenants in the rules and our laws which, inter alia, forbid them from entering another county without permission or attacking anyone outside the very limited confines of the game. If you check the rules, you will notice that we have some strict controls. For example, we are the only county in England to manage (in the case of the games ban) hit lists. No other county has that safegaurd.

Beyond the covenants and laws I mentioned, the armies would not be under Stafford's direct control. The major point of these games is to open up the army life to all players, not just the Stafford County Militia Club.

If you are that concerned, I suggest you to round up a bunch of players and join the game. It might even be possible to have the Worcester regiment all on the same team. You're more then welcome to form an army and play the game, as long as you follow the rules.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Myxti wrote:"Once again, I must remind everyone that this game has been planned and thought out in the interest of army education as well as helping the career military folk elevate to achieving a more luxurious life (Level 4). There is no concern of going into the other counties, but I can understand if one has a concern.

But, please remember that the rules express that crossing into other counties not only forfeits the game, which is the old point of this, but is subject to neighboring County's laws. Treaty or not, laws will be charged against the law breakers. I am confident that no one will.

I will also take this time to appologize as Sir Jorne has also done. If anyone from the Stafford side appeared rude, I am sorry. There has been a lot of issues between certain people and I believe that these tensions can cause a lack of diplomacy. I hope that we don't let these personal issues cause anymore problems as far as the wargame in concerned.

Despite certain individuals best efforts to ruin or destroy the name of Stafford and her citizens, we must remember that personal issues really have no place in these discussions. It's happening a lot and makes me quite ill. There are valid reasons for these personal issues, but attempts to ruin something special and fun as this event.....well, people...."
She struggled to find an English phrase to express her thoughts. "GROW UP! This is NOT aimed to those with genuine concerns, this is for the people who's only goal is life is to cause trouble. Now let's get back to the game. Who else is in?"
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Joris06 wrote:can we have the names of the generals of the ig army`s
if there is no criminal among them then most will relax a bit
but till now is this posted by one of Englands ennemy`s reasons enough for the county`s bordering stadford to be on there guard for a rogue criminal ig army
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

TheRedChef wrote:Let me break this down real clear like, because we apparently have some in desperate need of education in these matters: Stafford is not an enemy of England.

I will not be disclosing anymore information then I said I would in the rules. I'm not your intelligence service. We haven't even finished filling the team rosters yet, and the teams themselves pick their generals. So I couldn't tell you even if I wanted to. If you want to know what's going on, sign up and play the game, just like everyone else.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:41 pm

TheRedChef wrote:I've proposed a rule change that would make it open season on anyone that breaks the no hitlists/no real attacks rule. It'd be like outlawry, and I'll award victory points to whomever hunts them down. This should alleviate all concerns. Just gotta have our council sign off on this particular rule first.

I've got a couple of other updates coming too, just as soon as I type them up.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next