Alternative RK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP] Trial by Peer ... Lord Elmix - January 1458

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

[RP] Trial by Peer ... Lord Elmix - January 1458 - Page 2 Empty Re: [RP] Trial by Peer ... Lord Elmix - January 1458

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:47 pm

Ladyjennet wrote:"Thank you, Lady Revan," Jennet nodded at the lady as she addressed the other jurors. "Are there any further nominations or any objections to the Lady Revan serving as Chief Juror? If so, please state them at this time".

Jennet arranged her copies of the appropriate procedure and reached for a quill, making sure that her inkwell was to hand.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

[RP] Trial by Peer ... Lord Elmix - January 1458 - Page 2 Empty Re: [RP] Trial by Peer ... Lord Elmix - January 1458

Artur_le_breton wrote:"No objection from this Trier on the sole nominee for Chief Juror."
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Chris_braveheart wrote:HRH Chris Braveheart Stuart abruptly stands, gathers his papers, turns to those gathered and says, "Pardon my leaving but until this House is able to function with a High Chancellor who has legal access to this Chamber allowing us to actually act as a Body of Government, my efforts can be used elsewhere where there can be action. Ladyjennet, I apologize profusely to you as you are caught up in the middle of this situation and I completely understand the circumstance you are in. I do sincerely hope you receive a Title from the College of Heraldry in which you are more than deserving so we may proceed here and allow this House to function again. My leaving is not to be construed as my leaving the Jury of Peers as I am more than willing to reconvene when we have been given a High Chancellor who has legal access to this House and can assist the House to function with legal votes should it be needed during or after this Trial."

walks out of the Trial
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:48 pm

Elmix wrote:Hearing Sir Chris speaking he see this will be for long. Unfortunatelly he cannot sit and wait here till they will decide who has access here or who should be here and lead it.

Excuse me, if it will not get starting soon, i have a place to be more urgently and it is on the border and not here.
I would appriciate if you would let me know and send me a letter when to come. I shall head back to border for now.

Any expect the worm object in this as i do not need its opinion?

Stands up and waits for a bit for others to say if he is needed here for now or no.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:48 pm

Artur_le_breton wrote:It would appear that with the departure from this chamber of one of the chosen judges that we do not have sufficient triers present as mandated by the Charter of the House of Lords to hear proceedings for a Trial by Peer.

Either the departed trier must return or a new one must be appointed so that the choosing of the Chief Juror can be completed.

Delaying and drawing out this hearing serves justice to neither Peer, accuser nor accused.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:49 pm

Revandenizen wrote:"Nor is it fair to those who volunteer their time and remain in the room whilst one of us walks out," Revan couldn't help but say. She felt like slamming her head on the table in front of her. She grabbed a piece of parchment to send out to the HOL to figure out what in Jah's good name should be done before even more people would end up leaving the room.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Chris_braveheart wrote:HRH Chris Braveheart enters the room again and takes a seat among the Jurors...

Pardon my previous walking out as this proceeding was going no where fast and had the potential to stall even further as long as the main House and the Regent were at odds over the legality of House leadership. That matter has been successfully resolved thankfully and I now feel that we have the legal authority to proceed with this Trial without it coming into question later. Again, please note that my absence was not in any way directed at the person Ladyjennet as I feel she is quite capable and able to lead this House if only she met all the criteria to be able to enter the House. I have faith that the issue of nobility will be resolved in due time. The Regent has appointed a legal High Chancellor in my view, so I am ready to proceed. If the House wishes to contest the Regent's new appointment, then let them have at it on the main floor of the House.

Again my apologies to everyone but I in good conscience of the law for not only this House but for this case could not proceed as it could have been reversed on a technicality. That would have been devastating to our time here trying to be fair to all parties involved.

lays out his notes again and waits patiently again for the trial to finally proceed after having been at a standstill for days
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:I would urge the jurors to remind Sir Elmix about his conduct. What is the outline for this hearing? I am unsure if there is one published that I may have overlooked..
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:50 pm

Darienbalintyne wrote:Looking around him Darien states "perhaps while we retrieve Lord Elmix we can settle the issue of the Chief Juror, we have one nomination (seconded) and accepted, does anyone else wish to nominate or can we set the Chief Juror position in stone"?

Welcome back HRH Chris Braveheart, I too am glad a worthy solution has been found while Lady Jennet is waiting her title, now to the job at hand.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Viceroy wrote:Viceroy watches on listening.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Chris_braveheart wrote:Chris reviews the proceedings and tries to figure out what point we are at and who is supposed to speak next....

Proceedings of a Jury of Peers:

The seated jurors shall choose among themselves one person to act as Chief Juror. The Chief Juror shall direct the proceedings and endeavor to ensure that the case is handled expediently. The Chief Juror shall be responsible for contacting witnesses and procuring their testimony. Jurors will investigate the law and evidence, including the questioning of witnesses and examination of relevant documents. The Jury shall have the right to ask for such testimony or documents from anyone whether or not a member of the House of Lords. At the conclusion of a trial the Chief Juror shall write a summary of the evidence and will ask all members of the jury to post their recommendations publicly to the trial thread.

Trial Procedure of a case tried by a Jury of Peers:

i. A room shall be opened in the House of Lords Judges Chambers .

ii. The Lord High Chancellor will call the trial to order and state the names of the jurors, the Chief Juror, the name of the defendant and the matter to be tried.

iii. The Chief Juror will call the trial to order.

iv. The Lord High Chancellor will supply the jurors with the law governing the issues at trial, and the Jurors will have two full days (reset to reset) to become familiar with said laws. Not necessary if a Scandalum Magnatum Trial by Peer.

v. The parties shall present opening statements at the end of this two day period.

vi. The jurors may ask questions which the principals have one full day to answer.

vii. The Chief Juror may call witnesses who will each have one full day to report and one full day to answer questions posed. Witnesses shall provide documentary evidence as requested.

viii. At the conclusion of the trial each member of the jury shall post his or her recommendation publicly to the trial thread. The Chief Juror shall in addition provide a summary of the evidence. The Jury shall be granted two full days to do so.

ix. The case shall be decided by the majority opinion. If no such majority is evident, the Jurors shall be given a further two days to discuss and produce a joint opinion. Any Juror not in agreement with this majority opinion may publish a dissenting opinion.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Artur_le_breton wrote:My Lords and Ladies,

Obviously the prescribed sequence as quoted by our distinguished Peer was not followed in the given order. That said, I urge that we not waste further time and finalize by affirmation the chosen Chief Juror of our panel of judges/triers. There has been a single affirmed nomination, and only the chosen panel of triers themselves are able to vote.

If and when a simple majority of our panel of jurors have affirmed their consent or non-objection of the nominee, we should consider that nominee to be the affirmed Chief Juror of this panel and have her or him call the Trial by Peer to order after the new High Chancellor has announced the election to the greater House of Lords.

I have stated, and repeat, I have no objection to the current single nominee and affirm my support of that peer as our Chief Juror. Should the current sole nominee rethink and decline accepting the nomination, in the interest of time I'd then offer myself as a nominee. Please note the condition, as that is currently not the case with our nominee.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Chris_braveheart wrote:nods

I believe all the Jurors have had sufficient time to object to the sole nominee of Chief Juror or have had more than ample time to offer an alternate nominee. Let's proceed...and I see I did not state it, but for the record, I too do not object to the nominee for Chief Juror.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Ladyjennet wrote:Having received a letter from the College of Heraldry which corrected the matter at hand, Jennet had momentarily stepped out of the proceeding and now returned. She had read the transcripts of what had occurred while she had been away, and regained her seat at this time, now wearing her coronet, to assure those present of her right to be here and to finally get this hearing underway.

My Lords and Ladies, if you would please, this hearing will shortly re-convene. At this time, a letter has been sent to Lord Elmix to ask him to return to this proceeding, and I will give him a short while to comply.

In the meantime, Lady Revan, I will officially make announcement of your selection as Chief Juror if there are no further issues. It seems that all of those eligible to speak on the issue have now said there are no objections to your selection.

Thank you Prince Chris for your kind words upon your return. I assume that all is settled in that regard.

My Lord Artur, according to my notes from the former High Chancellor, Aelfgar, he considered that he could not officially call this trial to order until a Chief Juror had been chosen and everyone necessary was present. I believe I am reading his words rightly to say that upon those two conditions being met, he intended to proceed to step ii of the Trial Procedure. That is currently where we are, now awaiting Elmix's return, and upon that return, I will officially carry on with the procedure.

While we are waiting for everyone involved to re-take their seats, if there are any issues or concerns, I would ask that you please express them at this time and as civilly as possible. Jennet smiled politely to the assembled group and waited patiently.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:51 pm

Arthur_loxley wrote:Please give exact deadlines and dates as the Court of Appeals does. What is a 'short while' in specific terms? A day.. two.. three? Thank you.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Chris_braveheart wrote:Welcome to the Chamber Lady High Chancellor, I am glad to see you have been granted peerage that is deserving. I look forward to working with you for the next term to help improve England. As to the current matter at hand before us, there is no other better training for one's job than facing the fire directly. Welcome to the impossible job of being High Chancellor. smiles
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Elmix wrote:Upon receiving a letter from Lady Jennet, he once again makes his way here and re-enters the room just as previous time in his KoP uniform leaving the army under grand master Aisafe's command.

My apologies for beeing late, i am really busy and as i told, there were matters needed to settle first.
I am here now.

He says and sits down.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Ladyjennet wrote:Jennet inclined her head to Lord Arthur and had opened her mouth to respond to his query when Prince Chris spoke.

“Thank you kindly, Your Highness. As I look forward to working with you for the benefit of this most beloved land.” She smiled at his comments, thinking perhaps that she should regale him at some future point with the tale of how she had first come to be Duchess so very long ago. On the job training, and predominately under fire, had become, for the young woman, something of a habit. She returned the Prince’s knowing smile and nodded.

“Ah! Lord Elmix, well timed, Sir. I see that you have received my note. Good news indeed. And now that we are all present and accounted for, we may proceed.”

“As dictated by the Charter of the House of Lords, I hereby call this trial to order. For the record, the jurors for this case of Scandalum Magnatum shall be:

His Highness Prince Chris Braveheart Stuart
Her Excellency, Maladicta Carlyon, Countess of Northampton and Baroness of Christchurch
His Excellency, Artur le Breton, Baron of Cannock and Brewood
Her Excellency, Revan Denizen York, Baroness of Deerhurst
His Excellency, Darien Balintyne, Baron of Keynsham

As selected by the jurors in this trial, the Baroness of Deerhurst, Revan Denizen York, shall act as Chief Juror.

Charges of Scandalum Magnatum have been brought against His Excellency, Lord Elmix Degas, Viscount of Beeston and Baron of Dovenby, by His Grace, Arthur Loxley Tudor, Duke of Northumberland.”

Jennet scanned the documents in her hand a moment and made a summation.

“This issue of alleged Scandalum Magnatum involves words spoken by Lord Elmix in relation to Lord Arthur in various locales and at various times. Lord Arthur alleges that Lord Elmix has threatened both himself and Stafford County, as well as an alleged assassination plot against Lord Arthur. As His Grace went into some detail in his presentation to the House of Lords, I shall leave the intricacies of this matter to His Grace’s opening statements.

Lady Deerhurst, if you would be so kind as to go forth with procedure, I would appreciate your word of opening this trial as Chief Juror no later than the turn of day on Monday evening (reset on Monday, 10 PM Eastern US Time/Tuesday Morning, 3 AM GMT), allowing for the fact that this is the weekend and I am certain that we would all like to spend a bit of time with our families.”
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Revandenizen wrote:Revan was furiously writing notes down as she heard her name called and her cheeks blushed. Her eyes darted up to find the Lady Chancellor looking towards her. Good job, Rev, she scolded herself in her head, and she cleared her throat.

"Very well, as Chief Juror, I, Revan Anne Denizen York would like to officially begin these proceedings in the matter of Lord Elmix Degas and Lord Arthur Loxley.

Lady Chancellor, would you please state any and all laws that need to be announced before the gentlemen before us state their claims in this instance?"
She looked at Jennet as to give her her cue.

(ooc - My apologies at missing the deadline, I have a family member who has been ill and I am responsible for their care. Thank you for your understanding at this time. - /ooc)
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Ladyjennet wrote:"Thank you, Lady Deerhurst," Jennet replied. "As this is a case of Scandalum Magnatum, there are no laws which apply directly other than the direction from the Charter of the House of Lords itself, which I list here for all present as a reminder."

Jennet took out a piece of parchment and began to read the segments.

"Scandalum Magnatum

1. Definition
Any peer found to have harassed, demeaned, insulted or slandered another by language which is both false and malicious, insulting, inflammatory or vulgar and for the purpose to create discord which may result in danger to the Realm.
2. Procedure
A Trial by Peers will be convened to hear a charge of Scandalum Magnatum.
3. Denouement
Any peer found guilty shall be excluded from the House of Lords and all its deliberations. Any charges of Scandalum Magnatum determined to be unfounded and made with malicious intent shall result in the same exclusion. Exclusion from the House of Lords will be at the recommendation of the Jurors of the Trial by Peers for a period of time (30 days or 60 days) or a recommendation to the Crown to attainder. "

Having reminded the jurors of the definition of Scandalum Magnatum, and the possible penalties, Jennet turned to the Chief Juror.

"Lady Deerhurst, as we are now slightly after the turn of day, would you agree that it would be most fair to follow the Court of Appeals' precedent, offering Lord Arthur 48 hours in which to present his opening statements, followed by 48 hours for Lord Elmix, with Lord Arthur's time beginning at the precise hour of this announcement?"

The Chief Juror thought a moment, conferred with the High Chancellor, and then nodded in agreement.

"Thank you, my Lady. Then, in that instance, Lord Arthur, you now have 48 hours from this very moment in which to present your opening statements to this gathering. Lord Elmix, once Lord Arthur has presented his statement, please wait until recognized and your deadline will be announced."

With that, the High Chancellor turned to Lord Arthur and gestured for him to proceed.

"My Lord, the floor is now yours."

Godmod of Revandenizen with prior permission so as to keep the trial apace.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur_loxley Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:53 pm

Darienbalintyne wrote:Darien looked at his notes as Lady Jennet was speaking and nodded his head in understanding of the proceedings before them, listening carefully he nodded at the suggestion to follow Court of Appeal protocols as this seemed like a fair solution to both parties.

Darien took a drink of water while he waited for Lord Loxley to speak.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Arthur_loxley wrote:Arthur stood in his place and presented his statement regarding the behavior, and actions of Elmix.

My fellow peers, there is much to provide concerning the behavior and actions of Sir Elmix.

As per the charter of this esteemed House, I brought forth charges of Scandalum Magnatum against Sir Elmix because of his actions, behavior, and an assassination plot against a Duke of this realm.

RIGHTS OF NOBLES

Trial by Peer
All nobles have the option of Trial by Peer, to be tried and convicted or acquitted by the House of Lords, presided by the Regent, the High Chancellor, or an appointed member, not to be of a rank below Marquess.

Attainder
All nobles are subject to the will of the King and Regent in terms of lands, titles, and precedence as well as preferment. On the word of the King or Regent, nobles may be stripped of all noble trappings and will revert to given names and shall hereby be deemed under attainder. Nobility may be reissued on the King or Regents command.

Scandalum Magnatum
The nobility is obligated to act and speak in such a manner that does not present offense nor hostility in their dealings. In exchange, the hierarchy of noble rankings demand that those of noble rank may be charged for offensive, hostile, and disrespectful speech towards another noble. If and when a charge of Scandalum Magnatum is levied against a noble from another noble, the charge is handled by a Trial of Peer. Punishment for the guilty party can be expulsion from HoL for period of time, or indefinitely, or can be attainder of title (only by order of the King or Regent)

On several occassions, Sir Elmix has threatened both myself and Stafford. His latest speech admits he has planned for the hostile takeover of Stafford, at least twice as well as an assassination plot against a Duke.

Elmix wrote:Thank you for your opinion everyone.

The NEA MC still have so much to learn and still lot to do for us to have a truly unified Englad.

However, as i told, the KoP high council has more knowledge so i take it advise as first.

The bloodshed in chester is a true evidence on our inexpierence. You cannot expect us to take advise from someone who has no knowledge.

Thats why i urge all to take time to study more about how armies work as i thought i know all, but yet find everyday something new. With well trained ppl here we sure can do far more better Smile

It has nothing to do with ability, leadership, or military knowledge. It simply has to do with the process, procedures, and way the organization handles themselves and operates within the realm of England. I also feel that certain people are very confrontational, sneaky, and two-faced when it comes to issues. One example is when you, yourself, supported Arkrantos with overthrowing and ousting the legal council of Stafford for our neutrality proclamation.

as far i see someone just not bother to think about England but still put own selfish intentions before the ppl of England and ppl of Stafford.

I have no respect for worms like Loxley who put procedures above the ppl.
Seems he would fit perfectly on description "political corruption" which was mentioned in our letter.

As a military order we do not deal as you are used to everyday with letters and negotiations. We are used to with swords.

It was just as i did understand your statement - that you will prosecute all who will travel pass. At the time when lot of Englands bravest were in the Stafford trapped in your anarchy.

So, in response of that, i indeed have made a battle plans against stafford and was my 2nd time making them. just to enter there, hit castle, add you to kill list and try my luck killing you. After hitting castle save all soldiers who were prosecuted by your proclamation.

It is your luck you have explained and talked with Sir Chrisius. As you saw in the operation with JO, we do not just talk but we also do.

Believe me, your 5 star prestige, nor stafford Guard would not save you for beeing killed. So consider this as my last warining as i grow sick of seeing you putting your selfish interests above England and above ppl of Stafford. Next time i will not be talking and just doing.

So i suggest you know your place bookworm.

I have had also lot of issues with Lady rain, however, i believe she will be taking a lot better care about ppl of Stafford and will serve to Stafford. She did it good previous time and indeed cared about ppl of Stafford.

Baldar wrote:Lord James

I Like the the chiefs following Cool

Of course it would be nice if it would be so.

But for this ALL of military minds would need to appoint 1 such leader and ALL counties & forces who provide soldiers will need a say in it. If it will be so, they they all should elect 1 who will work in war council and also hear advises of all others.

KoP has a high council and works pretty good like that - we all give advices there and we are most elite group in England with armies and and always fast to respond on the threat.

If we would make a NEA war council like that, i believe it will be a huge step forward as this system works and it was already proven it works.

so, instead of politicians appointing one without asking anyone else, the military minds decide on the military leader just as politicians decide the political leader Smile

Is this person able to be trusted with the security of England as a Noble or as Leader of a Private military organization? The Regent has recalled the opportunity of the Knights of Phoenix to be a fraternal order of England because of his statements, actions and behaviors.

Sir Elmix references a letter where the Knights of Phoenix define political corruption stating that I am the embodiment of that term. Below is the letter for your perusal.

[rp]To the NEA Council, first things first. The Knights of the Phoenix have always and will continue to always lead our Militia from within, allowing no political corruption to guide us. We understand how this angers those to no end, those same who would like to control our numbers gathered for their own gains. So we take it not lightly but also with no ill feelings what so ever when these same start renouncing us.

If we allow ourselves to be pawns in the "Chess game", as some here have suggested it to be. Then the citizens of England have lost their greatest defenders, and are now in "Checkmate". The KoP has been in existence longer than almost all Counties and almost all members on this Council have been. We refuse to be dangled on any one's strings as time and time again, our own research and planning has always proved for us to be dead on balls accurate.

We also are not a perfect Organization, but we try to learn from our inaccuracies when and if they come to light. The situation in the North is not one of that. We knew full well JO's strength we knew his numbers exactly. We also knew Sir Paddy's numbers. The simple fact of the matter is, JO could not possibly break the Carlisle walls. He could not win the first time he attacked and now his chance was lessened ever more.

Much deliberation went on inside KoP that it was less than a 50/50 chance He would actually Honor the terms agreed. However the chance to draw him out of Dumfries and engage was the the key here. With enough contact made we could have disbanded his army altogether. Then we could proceed back to where we just travelled from Chester in the south.

The very fact that preperations can now elevate for liberating Chester is because JO was badly beaten in this engagement. Yet some speak now of us as those glory seekers, the only reason this engagement occured.
This does not surprise me as a few have now played thier hand, trueness have now been shown. I remind all we were called to Carlilse, so leaving from the Lancaster southern border.

The KoP has always been in favor for a National Army and will continue to be. We know this is in the best interest of all its citizens. So say what you may it does not dishearten us, we seek no glory, in fact we understand the scoff as we have borne it before, but each and everytime the call is made, we answer it.

We have always encouraged other trusted Militia's to come and gain what knowledge in the art of war we have attained and can share, in fact Sir Paddy who was on Carlilse's walls and others have been granted deep access inside our forum.

For those that would try to spin what has occured, there lays the proof. We want all Private and County Militia's to have the best possible combat field skills available. We hold no shame to any in this room for any criticism. But, rather high hopes, all can somehow come together with the wisdom to realize a bird in hand is worth more than two in the bush.

In post hoc reports will bare out JO's Army is for the most incapacitated, unable presently to move on anyone. Therefore, warranting the dispatch of (2) fully armed and manned Platoons from 4th Division, to aide Chester and march in the Army assembling near there. One lead by Marshal Kulles who you all know, the other lead by myself.

The Crest we wear on our shields and scabbards stands for many things; Duty, Honor, Faith and Code. One thing it does not stand for is ingenuousness, which I think some others have shown.

Now lets be about our Duty and Liberate Chester, and may Jah guide us .

Regards, Grand Master AIsafe on behalf of The Knights of the Phoenix High Council[/rp]

Elmix has also made various public personal statements in his official capacity as leader of a private military organization with whom England trusts. Is this the proper way to address a Duke (or a legally elected councilor)?

Elmix wrote:Lord Loxley,

Just as you stated there have been lot of mistrust and miscommunication between The Knights of the Phoenix and the current Stafford council and Stafford county and mostly with Stafford current count.

We respect the wishes of the Stafford council to end the recognition and as you know, it ends with all the terms as it was stated in the recognition.

Therefore The new soldiers of Knights of Phoenix are no longer obligated to have first loyality to Stafford Guard and not any more under the orders of Legally elected council of Stafford and its captain, nor have to report to him while in the county of Stafford.

As long our soldiers are not disturbed by Stafford guard or Stafford legally elected council for doing basic things such as travel, work, study and make theyr own choice to join our ranks, i do believe we will live together good and as you stated have same treatment as other military organizations withing the county of Stafford.

Please know that we are a private army and we do care more about our soldiers then council members in the said county and in case of conflict we will support our members withing the county of Stafford.

In friendship and on Behalf of the Knights of the Phoenix

Elmix Degas
Marshal of KoP

Elmix has spread lies about Stafford's intentions through private venues and when called out in military council, he continued his disrespectful tone and behavior.

Elmix wrote:Sir Arthur, i guess this comes in 2 ways. I have heard more enough from your actions and saw from your works which is more then enough for me NOT to trust you.

Funny, i do not think i remember saying anything like that about the Stafford county or can you provide the evidence for this? I have told to some about YOU though as i clearly see it was no mistake to do so.

Why KoP and all other counties around could work good together with the Great Stafford county well and no counts had any problems? A very simple answer - YOU were NOT duke of Stafford then.

Funny, we talk here about how we can we assist Chester council to handle with the threat and instead of giving suggestions and advises how far are things on your side, you start with insults and complaints that this do not go all by the book Mr "by the book guy"

Well then Sir Arthur, use your procedures who all go by the book to create army as you planned or come to join army created in Chester county (i believe this may be need fewer time if your army is not in creation already) and prove that i am wrong and you can work together with the council under threat, under laws in county under threat. And remember, to receive soldiers, need trust and respect from BOTH sides, not just demand trust from one side.

EDIT: a peaceful solution would be the best and would save all us trouble.

Elmix wrote:
Gabrielle_ wrote:
What are the available courses of action now?

Be advised Arthur is no longer privy to these discussions.

Thank you for removing Sir Arthur from here milady, now we finally can start working together Smile

Elmix wrote:
Arkrantos wrote:Pass them through nodes and quickly, once in Chester County we can throw them into armys and out of prosecutions way.

Even if prosecution is underway once in an army judgement cannot be given.

If Loxley deliberatly stops help I promise every person here that upon freeing Chester I shall turn into Stafford and have Loxleys head before I am content and disband.

Lord Arkantros,

We may not agree in the past, however, this was exactly what i was thinking about all this day.

I have some more KoP on the way and they need to pass Stafford.

After freeing Chester, we will have 2 strong armies, so i will gladly assist to you in this matter.

Elmix wrote:
Kath_Sanders wrote:
Apparently the Wolves have all become brain-dead or something. This scrolling message popped up all over Lancashire today:
Quote:
Lancaster - stay neutral or vengeance will follow - WoS

I thought it was pretty bloody clear that we weren't neutral in this, but I suppose I'll have to make an official statement to clarify it for the rest of those imbeciles.

Milady Katch,

It is great to see Lancaster is not neutral and do not fear WoS as Stafford did.

I gave you my word i will not be using kill list in Lancaster but if you feel thretened by them and change your mind, i can always make some "Unfortunate accident" with some wolf Wink

Elmix, and his organization - the Knights of Phoenix, have spread rumors and false information about Stafford County during our illustrious war-games. Elmix ordered troops of the KoP into our county secretly without due communication to the Stafford Council despite a recognition treaty. He has acted dishonorably by withholding communication and stationing troops in Stafford capitol to revolt against a legally elected council.

Elmix wrote:I do not think Chester has IG army.

The LAST time there was army created in Stafford and they attacked another county was when Army was called NNGO.

As long they do it legal in theyr own county and not killing ppl, it should be ok.

IF they start killing ppl or attack other county, well, i think we have all right to enter there, defeat that army and criminals WITHOUT theyr council approval as we did with NNGO.

Last year, when my wife raised an army in the capitol and there was a lack of communication with council, Elmix encouraged the takeover of the capitol of Stafford.

Lynna wrote:Elmix was also encouraging me to go against council and do whatever I wanted to as well as saying i should fill the army and take the castle, and he was sending troops as well as coming himself to assist. He said back then that the council was full of WoS. I told him no I made a promise and as frustrated as I was I wasn't going to go against council orders which I did not.

This behavior continued even after charges were requested.
Elmix wrote:Enters here and see a worm is actually annoyed with something but it was his own selfishes and he seems to be scared.

He was looking for the document and he finally found it and will present it here

Good day everyone, i finally found the document i was looking for why i indeed had made such plans as the worm has stated.
I will highlight in red the points.

Stafford Neutrality Proclamation

Stafford takes an official stance of neutrality in regards to the conflict between the legally elected Council of Chester and their allies, and the army of Corsairs, Wolves, et al and their allies.

- In recognition that Stafford does not wish to interfere militarily with the internal political disputes of its neighbors;
- In emphatic rejection of the hostile acts and attitudes the combatants have directed at Stafford;
- With concern over the ethical conduct of the hostilities and the disregard for the lives of citizens of England;
- In recognition that non combatants in Chester have the need to avail themselves of the serenity and safety of neutral territory;

The legal corpus of Stafford: Book 2 - County Council -

Quote:
Article 1. Make-up of Council
[1.1] The Duke *
- The Duke of Stafford is the highest authority of the county of Stafford. He may issue ducal decrees.
- The Duke appoints and removes councillors from specific council duties. He controls the maintenance of laws and is the only one with the authority to approve the Death Sentence.
- The Duke is charged with maintaining order in council chambers; opens all polls and declares when they are completed.

[4.2] Ducal Decrees
The Duke may issue temporary decrees or laws. These decrees or laws must be announced to the people and have a time limit specified. After a period of seven (7) days, the council must review to allow or revoke these decrees or laws. A resident of Stafford may request additional reviews of the decrees or laws at any time.

Stafford hereby declares and enacts the following laws by Ducal decree:

* Combatants, from either side of the conflict, are forbidden to move troops, or convoys of supplies across the territory of Stafford.
* Combatants, from either side of the conflict, are likewise forbidden to use the facilities of the county or towns of Stafford in the conduct of their hostilities.
* Groups cannot be formed nor recruiting agencies opened within Stafford to assist the combatants from either side of the conflict.
* Violations of Stafford's neutrality by combatants are acts of treason and may be punishable by a fine up to 500 pounds plus damages, up to 10 days in prison, writ of outlawry, and banishment.
* The fact of Stafford resisting, even by force, attempts to violate its neutrality cannot be regarded as a hostile act.
* Stafford reserves the right to send humanitarian missions into the area of hostilities in order to ensure that basic supplies of food stuffs are available, and to assist in and ensure the safe passage of non combatants through the area of hostilities.

This decree is in effect until the hostilities in Chester subside and the legally elected Council is returned to power.

In the best interests of Stafford,

Arthur Loxley Tudor
Duke of Stafford

I have no say about how stafford take care about theyr ppl or what it doing in own county. However, the red highlighted points who has made the worm alone clrealy shows his most selfish interests and his support for army which currently takes over the chester.
At the same time putting in danger soldiers aswell from KoP and other private militias and county forces going to assist.

So, i short it is an AT OF WAR towards the England and also an act of war towards us. And as any act of war it requires the proper military realitation.
Ask JO how his act of war towards England was realitated.

So, i would like to remind the worm to know his place!

You can be grateful that with your talks with Sir Chrisus he somehow persuaded you to change your mind.

Otherwise your dead ducal body might be lying somewhere in ruins or your burning castle.
Consider this as your warning not to overstep your powers by thretening those who defend our land while you do all what is in your powers to prevent them from doing that!

Thank you for listening everyone, that will be all from me for now.

He finishes what he has to say and walks away. JO still alive and need some of his attention.

Elmix wrote:
Arthur_loxley wrote:Objection to your appointment. You hold no peerage and should not be allowed in our chambers.

Seems the worm objects to anything which is do not go by his by the book procedures Wink

Even in these very proceedings, Elmix has continued his behavior.

Elmix wrote:As he finally receives a notification from Lord Aelfgar, he finally get to know where this will take place.

As he was still on the Northen border, the messege did traveled for some time to him.

Leaving Lady Jeal in charge there, he made his way and when he was there, he asked Knight Commander Aiiane to hold the army waiting outside for him.

You belong to the Army "KoP - 4th Division" commanded by Elmix

Then he comes in and enters in same KoP uniform he has been standing there

[RP] Trial by Peer ... Lord Elmix - January 1458 - Page 2 Elmix_KoP_uniform

As he enters, he see lot of ppl have been gathered there. However something catches his attention. It is the smell. Turning around to others he then understands whats the matter.

Greetings everyone! Sorry for beeing late. I am still busy on border and just yesterday receives a letter from Lord Aelfgar.

Umm, i have a 1 question though...are worms allowed here?

He asks waving his hand before his nose and sits down where he need to patiently waiting for answer.

Elmix wrote:As he sits there and watches and listens to the procedures, he hears some already gathered and Lady Jennet answering to him.

I guess they are allowed then for now. And milady jennet, you know i am not used to very good english talk due to my not complete language knowledge and the fact i am not politician.

And i could not find any word which would charactherize someone crawling and without the backbone. I of course remain as polite as possible in the proceeding

He said and continued to follow the procedure.

Elmix wrote:Hearing Sir Chris speaking he see this will be for long. Unfortunatelly he cannot sit and wait here till they will decide who has access here or who should be here and lead it.

Excuse me, if it will not get starting soon, i have a place to be more urgently and it is on the border and not here.
I would appriciate if you would let me know and send me a letter when to come. I shall head back to border for now.

Any expect the worm object in this as i do not need its opinion?

Stands up and waits for a bit for others to say if he is needed here for now or no.

This is a clear case of conduct unbecoming of a noble. I believe that the jurors have enough wisdom to sanction Elmix to appropriate punishment for his behavior and actions. He sat down and waited for the proceedings to continue.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Revandenizen wrote:Revan nodded her head as she took notes. When he had returned to his seat, she spoke aloud. "Thank you, Lord Loxley. Now, Lord Degas, would you please present your opening statement for this courtroom?"

48 hours from the time of this posting for Elmix to contact and make a statement.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Elmix wrote:While sitting here and listening, Elmix yawns. These legal procedures get him really bored. He would much rather prefer to crack his skull but then remembers that worms have no bones.

When lady ravendenizen speak and in her speech gave him a word, he stands up and starts to speak.

Greetings everyone! The worm has already presented here what i wished to speak saving my time so i will give here my quote and post from HoL chambers.

Good day everyone, i finally found the document i was looking for why i indeed had made such plans as the worm has stated.
I will highlight in red the points.

Stafford Neutrality Proclamation

Stafford takes an official stance of neutrality in regards to the conflict between the legally elected Council of Chester and their allies, and the army of Corsairs, Wolves, et al and their allies.

- In recognition that Stafford does not wish to interfere militarily with the internal political disputes of its neighbors;
- In emphatic rejection of the hostile acts and attitudes the combatants have directed at Stafford;
- With concern over the ethical conduct of the hostilities and the disregard for the lives of citizens of England;
- In recognition that non combatants in Chester have the need to avail themselves of the serenity and safety of neutral territory;

The legal corpus of Stafford: Book 2 - County Council -

Quote:
Article 1. Make-up of Council
[1.1] The Duke *
- The Duke of Stafford is the highest authority of the county of Stafford. He may issue ducal decrees.
- The Duke appoints and removes councillors from specific council duties. He controls the maintenance of laws and is the only one with the authority to approve the Death Sentence.
- The Duke is charged with maintaining order in council chambers; opens all polls and declares when they are completed.

[4.2] Ducal Decrees
The Duke may issue temporary decrees or laws. These decrees or laws must be announced to the people and have a time limit specified. After a period of seven (7) days, the council must review to allow or revoke these decrees or laws. A resident of Stafford may request additional reviews of the decrees or laws at any time.

Stafford hereby declares and enacts the following laws by Ducal decree:

* Combatants, from either side of the conflict, are forbidden to move troops, or convoys of supplies across the territory of Stafford.
* Combatants, from either side of the conflict, are likewise forbidden to use the facilities of the county or towns of Stafford in the conduct of their hostilities.
* Groups cannot be formed nor recruiting agencies opened within Stafford to assist the combatants from either side of the conflict.
* Violations of Stafford's neutrality by combatants are acts of treason and may be punishable by a fine up to 500 pounds plus damages, up to 10 days in prison, writ of outlawry, and banishment.
* The fact of Stafford resisting, even by force, attempts to violate its neutrality cannot be regarded as a hostile act.
* Stafford reserves the right to send humanitarian missions into the area of hostilities in order to ensure that basic supplies of food stuffs are available, and to assist in and ensure the safe passage of non combatants through the area of hostilities.

This decree is in effect until the hostilities in Chester subside and the legally elected Council is returned to power.

In the best interests of Stafford,

Arthur Loxley Tudor
Duke of Stafford

I have no say about how stafford take care about theyr ppl or what it doing in own county. However, the red highlighted points who has made the worm alone clrealy shows his most selfish interests and his support for army which currently takes over the chester.
At the same time putting in danger soldiers aswell from KoP and other private militias and county forces going to assist.

So, i short it is an AT OF WAR towards the England and also an act of war towards us. And as any act of war it requires the proper military realitation.
Ask JO how his act of war towards England was realitated.

So, i would like to remind the worm to know his place!

You can be grateful that with your talks with Sir Chrisus he somehow persuaded you to change your mind.

Otherwise your dead ducal body might be lying somewhere in ruins or your burning castle.
Consider this as your warning not to overstep your powers by thretening those who defend our land while you do all what is in your powers to prevent them from doing that!

Thank you for listening everyone, that will be all from me for now.

He finishes what he has to say and walks away. JO still alive and need some of his attention.

Now, i would like to add something more. As most know i do not talk as much as i do. If you need an evidence on it, please look at numerous criminals killed by our armies and also acceptance of the last challange with JO.

I do not hide beyond my word not try to hide them. Worm get very lucky he had sir Chrisius as friend as i were marching to him. He is one lucky worm JO and Anto keeping me far from him. And worm most definatelly traitor of England who has a place on all army kill lists. His ducal deceree just proves it on his side.

So, i wonder why he is still here in house of the lords???

That would be all from me, thank you!

He says and sits down.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Artur_le_breton wrote:The Baron of Cannock remains seated and silent throughout the opening statements of both conflicting Peers. There's a bit of a frown as Lord Arthur Loxley starts referring to quotes as evidence, and the baron pauses a moment to scribe a note to himself. After the Duke of Northumberland's opening statement is complete with Loxley taking a seat, Artur le Breton rises a moment to stretch and draw a few deep breaths as a servant brings him a small flagon of cider.

When Lord Degas steps forward for his opening statement, the resident of Lichfield has already rested himself down upon the bench, relaxed and now nourished. As each uttering of the word '
worm' is heard, Lord Artur le Breton's eyes shift with a turn of his head to look solemnly to the Chief Juror. He does not speak, though, but there's a hint of a frown.
arthur_loxley
arthur_loxley
Admin 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next